Did you think in the early election night 2008 that the race would be tighter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:35:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Did you think in the early election night 2008 that the race would be tighter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did you think in the early election night 2008 that the race would be tighter?  (Read 1188 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: March 03, 2018, 10:33:02 PM »

Yes, I expected about a 51/47 PV breakdown and a 338-200 EV breakdown (with McCain winning IN, NE-2, NC). The "Bradley effect" turned out to be less than I expected, and certainly less than for Tom Bradley (after whom the effect is named) in '82 or Doug Wilder in '89.

The Wilder effect in 1989 was WAY overblown.  The only poll that had that race a blowout for Wilder was the Washington Post poll which almost always has a Dem bias.  Almost all other polls had the race very close, with Wilder below 50% and only up a couple of points.  I believe Marshall Coleman (Wilder's GOP opponent) actually led some polls earlier in October.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies