Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10501 times)
Vespucci
United States

« on: February 03, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »

September 1: Patrick holds a rally in Des Moines
You must be logged in to read this quote.
September 2-3: Fundraising in Des Moines
September 4: Patrick meets with advisors to discuss campaign strategy
September 5-6: Patrick makes campaign stops along I-80,, visiting Newton and Williamsburg
September 7: Patrick holds a rally at the University of Iowa in Iowa City on civil rights issues
September 8: Patrick visits Cedar Rapids, meets with voters
September 9: Patrick holds a rally in Cedar Rapids

September 10: Patrick barnstorms in Jones County
September 11: Patrick flies to New York to attend a 9/11 memorial service. After the service, he talks to students at a Manhattan public high school on education policy.
September 12: Patrick returns to Iowa. He watches the University of Northern Iowa defeat Eastern Washington in football, then meets with UNI students after the game.
September 13: Patrick campaigns in Cedar Falls and Waterloo. In Waterloo, he meets with leaders of the black community, which has faced many challenges there.
September 14-15: Patrick makes campaign stops along State Route 20, visiting Independence and Dyersville
September 16: Patrick meets with voters in Dubuque
September 17: Patrick holds a rally in Dubuque
September 18: Patrick flies to Manchester, New Hampshire, meets with voters
September 19: Patrick holds a rally in Manchester
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »

Deval Patrick responds to Bredesen in Dubuque
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »

Deval Patrick responds to Bredesen's attack ad

First of all, if you are claiming that President Obama only won because of the flaws of his opponents, what would you say about Kennedy and Clinton? It is inaccurate to say that Nixon, Bush, and Dole had no flaws. As for what you claimed about Obama's accomplishments, I specifically listed legislation he signed with a Republican Congress during my speech in Dubuque. Please at least listen to the statements you attack. Regarding the so-called "slush fund", the chair of the Massachusetts Post Audit and Oversight Committee specifically stated that all expenditures were “specifically authorized by the Legislature” or “allowable under existing budgetary rules” and “do not appear to be in violation of either any laws or procedures.”
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »

Deval Patrick ad "Accomplishments" to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina

Voice-over: Conservatives have said that President Obama had no accomplishments with a Republican Congress. Let's take a look back through the last four and a half years.

Voice-over: Since 2011, Barack Obama has signed legislation that ended "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", allowing openly gay and lesbian people to serve in the military.

Voice-over: And the President has compromised to end a government shutdown, resolve the debt ceiling crisis, and avert the fiscal cliff, all while protecting the Affordable Care Act and progressive values.

Voice-over: As President, Deval Patrick would be able to compromise on critical issues while passing progressive legislation, even with a Republican Congress.

Voice-over: So ask yourself; when you vote in the upcoming primaries and caucuses, do you want a President who will cave to the Republicans? Or do you want another skilled, progressive negotiator in the White House?

I'm Deval Patrick and I appove this message.

Vespucci
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »

Endorsement Speech from Senator Ed Markey

Markey: Since he took office in 2006, I have been proud to serve a state governed by Deval Patrick. He has consistently shown support for progressive causes such as energy independence, health care, and the minimum wage. As a Democrat and member of the Progressive Caucus, I can say that Patrick is the ideal candidate to unite the party and defeat the Republicans next November.

Endorsement speech from Senator Amy Klobuchar

Klobuchar: As a former County Attorney, I know what a good negotiator looks like. And Deval Patrick certainly is one. As President, Deval would fight for bipartisan legislation pertaining to infrastructure, education, and civil rights without caving to the Republicans. Deval Patrick is the candidate who will set America on the best path, and that's why I'm endorsing him.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:14:04 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2018, 02:48:42 PM by Vespucci »

Deval Patrick Debate Answers

Hello, Las Vegas! Hello, America! Tonight is a very special night, and I am honored to be up here on this stage. Tonight, I will present a look into the America I envision if I am elected President.

Well, I am a strong supporter of the Affordable Care Act, and I believe our current focus should be to  protect it from Republican attempts to repeal and undermine it. If it ends, millions could lose insurance. But it is not perfect. We need to lower healthcare costs, reducing debt for millions of Americans. I also support a public option, but we need to vote in Democrats next November to make that possible.

The war in Afghanistan needs to end soon. President Obama has made great progress, and if I am elected, I will promise to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by the end of my first turn. America does occasionally need to get involved internationally, but you will not see careless wars like Iraq if I am in office.

I hope that this debate helped you envision what my Presidency would look like. The main focus will be on upholding and enshrining the Obama legacy, while making the improvements necessary to improve the lives of Americans even further. We need protection, but we also need progression to truly have a successful administration. Thank you!
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »

Deval Patrick 2016
Protection and Progress

September 20: Patrick visits Derry, meets with voters
September 21: Patrick holds a rally in Derry
After the rally, Patrick prepares for the debate.
September 22: Patrick flies to Las Vegas to attend the debate
September 23-24: Patrick meets with voters in Las Vegas
September 25: Patrick holds a rally in Las Vegas
September 26: Patrick meets with voters in Henderson
September 27-29: Patrick barnstorms in Clark County
September 30: Patrick flies to Nashua, New Hampshire and meets with voters
October 1: Patrick holds a rally in Nashua
October 2-3: Patrick barnstorms in Hillsborough County
October 4: Patrick flies to Columbia, South Carolina and receives the endorsement of Rep. Jim Clyburn
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 12:14:36 PM »

Deval Patrick ad "Rights" to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas

Voice-over: Civil rights. We may think of the struggle for civil rights as a thing of the past, but it isn't.

Voice-over: And we may think of civil rights as only pertaining to African-Americans, but they aren't.

Voice-over: Civil rights are the rights of all citizens to freedom and equality. And they are under attack from the right.

Voice-over: Racism, sexism, and homophobia are all opposition to civil rights, and they should be seen as such.

Voice-over: As President, Deval Patrick would stand up for the civil rights of all Americans, no matter their race,
 sex, or sexual orientation. He is the candidate that will protect and progress civil rights.

I'm Deval Patrick and I approve this message.

Vespucci
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 06:43:04 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2018, 08:29:42 PM by Vespucci »

Endorsement speech from Rep. Dave Loebsack

Loebsack: I throw my support in this election behind Deval Patrick. He has shown a consistent record of support for the interests of the state of Iowa, and the United States as a whole. I plan to caucus for Deval, and I hope my fellow Iowa Democrats will too. Thank you.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »

Deval Patrick 2016
Protection and Progress

October 4-5: Patrick meets with voters in Columbia, South Carolina
October 6: Patrick holds a rally in Columbia
October 7: Patrick visits Fort Jackson
October 8: Patrick barnstorms in Orangeburg County
October 9: Patrick meets with voters in Orangeburg
October 10: Patrick holds a rally in Orangeburg
October 11: Patrick barnstorms in Dorchester County
October 12: Patrick barnstorms in Charleston County
October 13-14: Patrick campaigns in Charleston
October 15: Patrick visits the Emmanuel AME Church in Charleston, location of the June shooting that left 9 dead
October 16: Patrick holds a rally in Charleston
October 17: Patrick flies to Des Moines, Iowa and meets with voters
October 18: Patrick meets with voters in Des Moines
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:13 PM »

Deval Patrick ad "Real" to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas

Voice-over: Climate change is real.

Voice-over: That's just a factual statement; ask any scientist and they'll tell you the same. But some politicians don't seem to realize that.

Voice-over: We need to stop arguing the reality of something so obviously true. Instead, we need to look for solutions.

Voice-over: Deval Patrick will push Congress to finally do something about our environment. And if they can't get it done, he'll do it himself.

Voice-over: Our planet is at a crossroads, and it's time to take action.

I'm Deval Patrick and I approve this message.

Vespucci
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »

Deval Patrick 2016
Protection and Progress

October 19: Patrick holds a rally in Des Moines

October 20: Patrick barnstorms in Story County

October 21: Patrick campaigns in Ames

October 22: Patrick visits Fort Dodge and Webster City

October 23: Patrick visits Sioux City, meets with voters

October 24: Patrick holds a rally in Sioux City

October 25: Patrick flies to Spartanburg, South Carolina and meets with voters

October 26: Patrick meets with voters in Greenville

October 27: Patrick holds a rally in Greenville

October 28: Patrick meets with voters in Anderson

October 29: Patrick campaigns in small towns along I-85 in Georgia

October 30: Patrick meets with voters in Athens, Georgia

October 31: Patrick visits the University of Georgia. Later, he appears at an event with journalist and civil rights activist Charlayne Hunter-Gault.

November 1: Patrick holds a rally in Athens

November 2: Patrick barnstorms in the Athens area

November 3: Patrick campaigns in Lawrenceville and Snellville
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »

Jindal focuses on foreign policy and anti-terrorism during the turn. During a speech after the Paris attacks, Jindal read the names of each identified victim. He calls for Obama to specifically condemn "radical Islamic terrorism". Jindal also campaigns on social issues. He spends the turn in IA, NH, SC, and FL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies