Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:45:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10637 times)
x-Guy
Rookie

« on: February 09, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »
« edited: February 09, 2018, 11:17:04 PM by x-Guy »

Rand Paul GOP 1st Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
"Well first off let me just say this before we begin this debate. Tonight is a very important night for many Americans. Its in this debate in which you'll be able to see each and every candidate for who they are and what they represent. Ever since I have been in the senate my first priority was never partisan politics. Instead it was defending our rights and working towards enshrining our beloved constitution! My fellow Americans I hope to meet or exceed your expectations tonight. We know that after these dreadful eight years of the last Administration, we could do so much more together and make real progress every step of the way! It is my great hope that I can serve all of you as the next President of the United States!"

(Question 1)
You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Answer)
"Well I've always been a believer in the tenth amendment. I believe its essential that when we face the issues such Marijuana legalization are left to the states and to the people! I don't believe that it should be decided by the President, the bureaucratic government or Washington. We need to make sure that the ones who have the final say are the people instead of the politicians! Now with that being said let me just add that its worrying that other candidates standing here tonight have stated they would not allow it to be legalized. It appears as though myself and Ted Cruz are the only ones here tonight that took the tenth amendment into account. Fact of the matter is the President shouldn't have the power over deciding whether all states should illegalize or legalize Marijuana regardless. Such thinking is simply unacceptable. The government should not overstep its constitutional boundaries and infringe on states rights! Now personally I don't land on either side on the debate of Marijuana's effects but nonetheless as President if you feel as though your state should make marijuana legal or illegal than I certainly won't infringe their constitutional right!"

(Question 2)

(Answer)
"Of course one of the biggest issues that I must face as the potential President is handling ISIS. Now let me just say I am glad Mr. Cruz and I am able to call this menace by it's name and that name is Radical Islamic Terrorism. We first want to make sure that we can look into the records of more terrorists and no innocent American. The war on terror has unfortunately led us to a surveillance state in many ways with the NSA collecting records of thousands upon thousands of innocent Americans and as President I would do my very best to not only combat ISIS and those who threaten our values of freedom but to also ensure that our freedoms are not violated in the process!"

"As President I think it's important that when we combat ISIS we avoid putting troops on the ground when possible. We need to make sure we aren't wasting lives when combating ISIS. However, I find it essential that we unshackle the generals and the military in order to make sure that the ones who are strategizing are those with experience of battle instead of incompetent bureaucrats or politicians. However, we must make sure that when we make any major decision that it is approved by congress. For so many years America has been able to get away with so many things without the approval of congress and as President that's what I would want to do, have approval by the Representatives and the Senators elected by the people of this nation!"

"When it comes to protecting our country from this threat I believe it begins with fixing our terrible immigration system for the purpose of national security. What I would want to propose is a stoppage of immigration from various countries that have a vast and concerning amount of radical Islamist terrorist movements because we need to know who is coming into our country and what their intentions are. In fact all 19 hijackers responsible for 9/11 entered our nation legally through our heavily flawed immigration system that is still heavily flawed in many ways today."

(Question 3)

(Answer)
"Well I think its quite obvious many republicans listening know my disdain for Obamacare. I was one of the most prominent republicans who have advocated for the repeal of Obamacare. I think its safe to say this is going to be a main goal I will work towards as President. You see for quite sometime we have recognized that Obamacare has gone into a death spiral as many other politicians have described before. My plan is simple and the goals are simple. Not only would I repeal Obamacare, but I would make efforts to construct a system in which it could make the future of healthcare more affordable and more Americans are insured. My plan would be to legalize ALL forms of health insurance to be sold. This will allow more competition in the healthcare market and give Americans MORE choice. We are essentially going to expand the market in healthcare in whichever way we can which I believe to be the most effective way in solving this issue."

"My fellow Americans this election will be one of great importance. You have the great power of choosing the destiny of this country's future. After 8 years of little progress having been made we know that we have it in our power to accomplish so much in little time. My fellow Americans, our country needs a different path. A path of prosperity, liberty, and hope for all Americans! I hope to lead us towards that path as the next President of the United States! Thank you & god bless you!"
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:40:17 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 02:44:28 AM by x-Guy »

Rand Paul Campaign Schedule (November 4th-November 18th)

November 4th
- Halt all campaigning out of respect for what happened in Paris terror attacks

November 5th-9th (Iowa)
(November 5th-6th)
- Visit and meet with local evangelical leaders in various Churches around Iowa

(November 7th)
- Rand Paul will hold two rallies in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids

(November 8th)
- Rand Paul will hold a joint rally in Cedar Rapids with an endorsement speech from Texas Governor Greg Abbot!

(November 9th)
- Hold meet and greet with voters in Waterloo

November 10th-15th
- Hold a joint rally in Manchester with an endorsement speech from Florida Senator Marco Rubio!

(November 11th)
- Celebrate the opening of new campaign headquarters in Nashua!

(November 12th)
- Rand Paul will a hold a meet and greet and talk to voters in Nashua

(November 13th)
- Barnstorm in Portsmouth

(November 14th)
- Rand Paul will hold a rally in Nashua

(November 15th)
- Rand Paul will hold a town hall in Nashua

November 16th-18th (Washington D.C)
- Return to D.C. for Senatorial duties
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: