Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:03:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10613 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: February 04, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2018, 06:00:28 PM by Mycool »

Janet Napolitano Campaign Schedule
September 1st: Townhall and fundraisers in Phoenix

September 2nd: Rally focusing on green tech jobs in Reno

September 3rd: fundraising in Las Vegas, followed by a rally on immigration reform

“This city shows us what happens when we open our doors to those who dream of calling this country their home. On the Republican side, you’ll hear a lot about the criminality of those who immigrated to the United States. Well, let me tell you, the numbers don’t lie. Immigrants are more likely to open a business, stimulating our economy, they are less likely to commit crimes, and more likely to report a crime when they see it. Our nation is a nation of immigrants, and that’s what makes us great. If I am elected President, I will wrangle Congress into making the DACA and DAPA permant laws of the land. I will work directly to simplify our immigration system, making it easier and cheaper to go through the proper channels. Lastly, we will audit our visa system, making it clear on expiration dates, renewal procedures, and prerequisites. We want our nation to grow, to thrive, and our current immigration system is hindering our potential.”

September 5th-10th: New England listening tour, starting in Maine, ending in upstate New York

September 11th: attends 9/11 memorial in New York, issues statement about American resilience

“I was born in New York, and I see this city as a shining example of what America stands for. 14 years ago, our country was attacked, and we refused to let it define us. We lost many brave men and women, while the city’s first responders showed true bravery and American spirit. We will never forget this day and how it brought our country together.”

September 12th: TV ad airing in New Hampshire, focusing on women in politics.

“Women have made so many strides in politics in this country, look at the state of New Hampshire. Here, your entire congressional delegation is made up of women, and there’s a fabulous woman who is your sitting Governor. Jeanne Shaheen is someone who could only be described as a trailblazer, as the first woman to serve as Governor, and following that up by being the first woman elected Governor and then Senator. I really hope to follow her lead, as the first woman to be nominated for President by a major party. I believe it’s past time for women to have a place at the table.”

September 13th: Iowa City Townhall

September 14th: Des Moines Register Rally, focusing on small farming subsidies

September 15th: Cedar Rapids Rally

“Iowa, you made history 7 years ago when you supported Barack Obama’s bid for the nomination. I hope to inspire you to do this same for my own. Our country is at a crossroads, do we build upon the Change that this administration has started, or do we abandon it because it wasn’t instantaneous enough? I believe that we must continue the process of rebuilding our economy from the last time Republicans had undivided control of the government. We need a federal retraining program, that will delegate funds to build skills for workers who have been displaced by automation. The truth is, no one has done enough to safeguard our working class against machines making their jobs obsolete. I plan on creating a task force to balance the innovation this country is made of, and our true belief that everyone should have a fair shot in this country.”

September 16: Minneapolis Rally

September 17th: Tucson Rally on Education reform

“Having worked firsthand in higher education, I can say, this system is not working. Our students suffer higher tuition costs in order to pay our educators a fair wage. The debt that higher education saddles our young people is unacceptable. I want to announce a plan I have to make community college’s in-state tuition free. This will allow our states to keep their young talent, while also giving them a shot at higher education without setting them back a full decade in their financial life. I believe this is one step towards a fair future.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:06:49 PM »

Janet Napolitano Debate Performance

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"It is such a pleasure to be here tonight. I'm so excited to be on this stage and hope to make the argument of why I should be the nominee. Our country has made incredible progress in the past 7 years, and it's not time to backtrack now. We have to unite to fight the issues of discrimination, stagnating job growth, automation, and human caused catastrophes like 9/11. I believe what we need right now is strong, stable leadership, and I offer that."
"Well, let's start with the fact that the Affordable Care Act is a powerful step in reforming our healthcare system. However, in many ways, it is not working. We need a public option allowing the government to control costs, ensure that everyone, even in rural areas, can have affordable healthcare, and to expand on one of the federal government's greatest success stories, Medicare. The next step would be a program allowing the US government to negotiate prescription drug prices, with options for purchasing these drugs from Canada, as long as they fit our standards. This will greatly improve our healthcare system, get more people covered, and help balance pricing."

"A Napolitano administration would immediately begin the process of removing our troops from Afghanistan. The United States needs a shift in our foreign policy. Currently, we our behaving as the world's police officer, when we should be the world's firefighter. We need to do the most good we can abroad, and we need to seriously review where our men and women are stationed, to better achieve this goal. Unfortunately, our time in Afghanistan has done more to damage our goodwill than to improve our safety or help the people in that country. This is the kind of leadership I will push."

"Thank you all for being here tonight and tuning in. I hope everyone gained some clarity on where I stand on the issues that matter to the American people. We need leadership we can rely on. I'm offering that kind of stable leadership that Obama has exemplified, with a path for the kind of change that we still desperately need. America is a great country, and our policies need to reflect our greatness."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 12:12:25 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2018, 10:35:23 AM by Mycool »

Janet Napolitano Campaign Schedule September 19th - October 4th

September 19th: "Executive" ad starts running in New Hampshire

Governor Maggie Hassan: "We are in a very small group of women who have served as Governors, along with one woman running for the Democratic Nomination."

Senator Jeanne Shaheen: "New Hampshire has a wonderful history of nominating women, and carrying them to victory in November."

MH: "We both agree that Janet Napolitano has the executive experience, stability, and policies to help protect the United States and lead us into a greater future."

JS: "Napolitano has been Attorney General, Governor, Secretary of Homeland Security, and with your help, the first woman to win the Democratic nomination for President."

Both: "You helped us make history, let's come together and help Janet do the same."

September 19th-September 21st: Napolitano ramps up listening tour across Iowa, fielding questions and allowing cameras to film

September 23rd: Rally in Des Moines, recapping the listening tour

"I have learned a lot from this state from my listening tour, covering both the most rural, urban, and suburban parts of Iowa. What I'm hearing is that people are scared. They are worried that the last insurer has pulled out of their country, they're worried about the aging of farmers, with no next generation of talent to rely on, and they're worried about affording food produced with their labor. This is unacceptable. It is time for America to get a raise, I am announcing a plan up on my website that highlights the economic impact of raising the minimum wage to $12 an hour. This plan will help the working class be able to live a better, more fulfilled life.

Along with this plan, I am announcing a complete overhaul to the way agricultural subsidies are distributed. For too long, these funds have stayed in the hands of the wealthiest corporations, not in the paychecks of average farmers. Our farmers are aging, and we need to make sure that we take care of them, while incentivizing young people to get involved in the industry. Automation has displaced so many workers, and solutions like this are available to us. This is one of many policy plans to get us back on track."

September 24th: Iowa City Townhall on healthcare reform

September 25th: Rally in Cedar Rapids on green job capabilities

September 26th: Townhalls in Sioux City on executive leadership

September 27th: Joint Rally with Maggie Hassan and Jeanne Shaheen in Nashua

"When women come together, we get stuff done. Washington is a total boys club right now, and there are things the President can do about it. For one, electing women helps. But, I won't stop at breaking the glass ceiling, I will make at least half of my Cabinet appointments female. It's way past time for women to have a seat at the table so we can get policies like paid family leave, equal pay for equal work, and better maternal care. We can't expect true change if we keep electing the same guys to do the job."
September 28th: Rally in Derry on homeland security

September 29th: Janet Napolitano speaks at a Women in Politics event in Salem

September 30th: Barnstorming tour of North New Hampshire, pitching agriculture plan

September 31st: Back to Iowa for a rally in Cedar Falls on economic stagnation and jobs plan

October 1st: Meeting with Hillary Schieve, Mayor of Reno, followed by a press conference on the future of the tech industry in cities like Reno

October 2nd: Rally in Carson City on immigration reform

October 3rd: Townhall in Henderson

October 4th: Rally in Vegas

"This country was founded on a dream of a better life. It makes no sense that we've turned that into a complicated path to citizenship that is so unsustainable. The worst part is, there are bipartisan solutions. Solutions that I've written, called DACA and DAPA, which help sort out the fate of children of undocumented immigrants, and gets us back in the business of a welcoming country, not tearing apart families.

Congress seems set on doing the absolute least required of them, they can't even pass a budget. That's why I will work with my friends on both sides of the aisle to find a path forward for our country's greatest challenges. It can no longer be acceptable to not talk to someone just because you differ politically. I would have never won a race in my state if that was my personal theory! We really do all want what's best for our citizens, but it's time that we stop the sideshow that Washington has become, and make real change that impacts people like you."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:16:57 PM »

Janet Napolitano Runs Ad, “Protecting Our Care” in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada

“The Affordable Care Act is under attack,”

“Republicans are leading the charge to take away your healthcare, raise your premiums, and send the market into chaos. Janet Napolitano has been endorsed by the author of the ACA, Kathleen Sebelius,”

“She knows all it took to get the bill off the ground, and what it will take to protect Americans from predatory insurance companies.”

“Janet Napolitano will keep up the fight for you.”

“I’m Janet Napolitano, and I approve this message.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 03:52:20 PM »

Surrogate Schedule October 5-18

Maggie Hassan

Town halls in rural New Hampshire to talk to voters about the partnership she plans to strike up as Senator with a Napolitano Presidency on issues of healthcare reform, the opioid epidemic, and foreign policy. She calls Napolitano a "strong leader," and "the best candidate for New Hampshire."

Jeanne Shaheen

When Senator Shaheen is back in New Hampshire from Washington, she holds rallies for Napolitano and Maggie Hassan, talking about the importance of women in leadership. She holds a joint rally with Hassan on education reform, saying that a Napolitano administration would completely rethink education policy, do away with nationalized testing, and work with states to delegate funds to underfunded school systems.

Harry Reid

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid announces his support for Janet Napolitano saying, "Janet is from our neighboring state, and many Nevadans wish she had ended up as our Governor. But, now we have the chance to make her President. It is on us as Democrats to nominate someone who won't back down from a fight, and will show Republicans that we mean business."

Harry Reid held several rallies and public forums in Sparks , Reno, Las Vegas, and Henderson. He spoke about Napolitano's vision for energy independence, using Nevada as an example. "For many years, Republicans have given us a false choice, either clean energy, or energy independence. We, here in this state, know that this isn't the case. We can ramp up solar production in the Sun Belt, and retrain our displaced working class to help build the panels and work maintenance. That's Janet's vision. The other candidates will try to tell you that we can't dream of policies that big, but Janet has a plan in place to help make Nevada a shining example of energy in the US."

Kathleen Sebelius

Former HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius spent her time touring the Great Plains, starting in Kansas, going through Missouri, Nebraska, Missouri, and ending with a joint rally in Iowa with Janet Napolitano. During these rallies and town halls, Sebelius highlighted Napolitano's plan for energy independence and wind power in the Plains. "Janet's plan for wind power will make this region of our country a center for wind energy jobs. She not only will protect your right to healthcare, but will also help revitalize our economy with energy independence."

Sebelius also highlighted her time implementing the ACA, and the need to keep it up and running. She talked about Napolitano's commitment to building a universal healthcare system in the United States, with a public option for coverage.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 12:13:14 AM »

Janet Napolitano Campaign Schedule October 5-18th

October 5th

Meet with constituents in Charleston, South Carolina

"I hear your struggles, I hear your challenges. I know that so many working class communities and communities of color were left behind by the economic recovery. It's time for a change. I plan on making a federal program to retrain displaced workers, putting our people into good-paying, green jobs of the future."

October 6th

Rally in Colombia about Local Revitalization

"This community, in many ways, is a shining city on a hill. It is an example of what the future of cities in America looks like. I plan on using Colombia's urban redevelopment plan on a national scale, because it works. I plan on working with Governors to allocate funds to cities that are underwater, losing population, and need a helping hand. These funds will go to renovating downtowns, to bidding for tech jobs, green jobs, and healthcare professionals to let our best and brightest bring innovation to cities across this country, and to help small businesses stay afloat, if Wall Street deserves a bailout, so does Main Street. This funding will be heavily overseen by HUD, and will be our path forward to an even better tomorrow."

October 7th

Tour of Rural South Carolina, with town halls across the state

"It is way past time for the United States government to push for a fiber optic infrastructure in our rural communities. The largest success gap between our rural and urban communities is internet access. Now, I know this is a bit of a nerdy subject, but I'm a bit of a nerd, and I believe it is a groundbreaking innovation for American workers. What is necessary info here is that fiber optics provide fast, secure Internet access without the need of a satellite, and companies have the ability to provide it. However, the cost of laying this fiber is large, and companies refuse to think of you as any more than a number on a receipt, here's where my plan comes in. We ensure and require the electricity and plumbing of Americans, but we have long left behind Internet access. It's time to reclassify the Internet as a utility, and stop treating it like a privilege, just to benefit corporate America at the detriment of American workers."

October 8th

Janet Napolitano travels to Atlanta, Georgia with a rally on urban revitalization, and a town hall on protecting Obama's legacy.

October 9th

Town hall in Hanover, New Hampshire on the opioid crisis

"There is a clear scourge on our communities, in many forms, with opioid abuse and overdose. We owe it to our people to have a plan to combat this epidemic. It is time to partner with doctors, police, first responders, and experts to create a task force to ensure the safety of our citizens. Step one is to have training of all public officials, doctors, police officers, paramedics, and even our school nurses, on the administering of drugs like narcan to counteract the effects of overdose. Past that, we need a public/private overhaul of our addiction programs, 12 steps don't work for everyone, and it's time to admit that. What we need to do is equip our officials with training to recognize the warning signs of addiction, and a focus on rehabilitation rather than pure punishment. In truth, we can't punish an addict for their addiction, but we can punish the suppliers, dealers, and those who take advantage of our friends and neighbors struggling with the monster of addiction, which is why I would increase oversight of dealers of opioids."

October 10th

Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia on Education Reform

"I have experience in the secondary education system, and I can tell you, it needs work. Our students are expected to take on a lifelong debt in order to get ahead in our modern world. That's why I intend to completely overhaul public education standards, teaching our children the skills of the future, like coding, soft skills, and adaptability, instead of focusing on a single test score for the end of the year. The next step is to allow all in-state tuition to be covered at community schools, letting our young people without the funds to still get a foot in the door in our economy."

October 11th

Tour of historically black churches in North Charleston

"We are called to serve, to help our fellow man, and right now our government isn't living up to that call. We seem to be so ready to forget about any woman, person of color, or LGBT brother or sister in the name of political expediency. It is a travesty that communities like this live in fear of the very people who are meant to protect them. Well, I want to tell you, Black Lives Matter. I have a long history of support of our servicemen and women, but, something is going very wrong here. Your sons and daughters shouldn't be afraid to walk home at night, and our officers should understand your communities, and know your families so this never happens here. As part of my platform, I recommend a community policing program, hiring of officers from within their own communities, and requiring their training to include an immersion into those communities, to get to know who they protect. Our world is best when people understand their neighbors, and we are safest when those who are meant to protect us, know us."

October 12th

Rally in Sioux City, Iowa

"How are we supposed to be the land of opportunity if our workers live in fear that their jobs will be taken away from automated factory lines. Not to sound apocalyptic here, but there's a real problem of robots taking our hardworking people's jobs, and we aren't talking about the Terminator here. We're talking about assembly lines make of machines putting together moving parts, we're talking about stripping of mines without the need of one person with a pickax, and we're talking about farm innovations that allow for fewer workers to actually farm our fields. Now, I have to say, innovation is a positive thing. Which is why we have solutions to these displaced workers. First, an automation tax, which would halt incentivizing companies for replacing human beings, who deserve a fair wage, with machines, which aren't being paid. The next is a partnership between the federal government and private companies to retrain workers in green and tech jobs, spurring economic growth throughout our communities."

October 13th

Tour of public schools in Ames, Iowa, talking with teachers

"Our teachers are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. We ask them to buy their own supplies, to come in early, to stay late, and even to parent. That's why, along with reforms to education policy at large, I will begin to allocate more funds to our schools, to make sure that parents and teachers do not have to fork over their own money to purchase supplies for our children."

October 14th

Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on automation

October 15th

Rally in Des Moines with Kathleen Sebelius

"The ACA was an important step forward in our healthcare policy, and we can not allow this to be destroyed for political talking points. The Affordable Care Act was the foundation of the future of healthcare policy here in the United States. One solution to problems in the system currently was struck down in its inception, a public option. Everyone hears this and bristles, but what it means is that the government offers healthcare at a reasonable price, setting the standard for private insurance companies. What it does is assures you that you will have a plan, employed or not, sick or healthy. It's that simple. Healthcare is a human right, and we are failing our citizens."

October 16

Tour of Corn Processing Plants in Cedar Rapids, talking with local press about the importance of Iowa's agriculture nationwide

October 17th

Rally in St. Louis, Missouri on income inequality

"Our country has lost its way since my parents' generation. Back a few decades ago, you could work hard, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and make a secure livelihood. Now, our richest get richer, our poorest suffer, and our middle class shrinks. I am the candidate of economic solutions, not just rabblerousing and barnburning for the sake of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm mad as hell for you. I'm angry that this country is letting you down. I'm angry that we've forgotten about you. But, that's why I'm here, fighting this fight, laying out these plans, and touring the country on your behalf. My economic policy is one that will benefit the middle class, cut out the imbalance in our system, and is achievable."

October 18th

Policy Announcement in Las Vegas, Nevada

"So, I see that we've got quite the excited crowd today, and I feel every ounce of what you're feeling and send it back to you. I've spent the past weeks touring this country, meeting with people who are dissatisfied by what both parties have set forth for them economically. I want to announce, here in one of the hardest working cities I've been to, a policy that my team and I have done extensive research on. We want to put forth a system of Universal Basic Income based on the Alaska Permanent Fund right here in the US. How this would work is that every American would receive an income from the government based on money earned from energy production, in any form. It is our belief, and that of Alaska, that this land belongs to all citizens of the United States, and so does the income that is produced from it. This system may seem radical, but we have a long history of success in our state of Alaska, and I am confident of its implementation on a national scale. There are countless studies that show that the best way to promote innovation and reduce poverty is to give people the funds to do so, and this system does just that, but with a consistent way to pay for it."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 03:34:12 PM by Mycool »

Janet Napolitano Airs Ad “Tough” in IA, NH, SC, NV, and online

“Our world has become more complicated and less certain. The entanglements in the Middle East are still tightly wound, our reputation around the world has just started to rebound, and our economy is showing signs of an uneven recovery.

In times like these, we need steady, experienced leadership more than ever before.”

“Janet Napolitano is used to fighting for Americans every day. She won a governor’s race in a red state, with a popular Republican president, she served as Secretary of Homeland Security, making sure you could go about your daily lives without fear, and now, she’s running for President.”

“Secretary Napolitano has received the endorsement of Emily’s List because of her commitment to fighting for women’s access to healthcare. She wrote immigration reform for President Obama to protect children from losing the only home they’ve known. She has fought to help Americans every step of her career.”

“The Presidency is tough, and so is Janet Napolitano.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 03:37:48 PM »

Janet Napolitano Surrogate Schedule

Maggie Hassan and Jeanne Shaheen

Joint rallies and town halls in New Hampshire on healthcare and the opioid epidemic.

Kathleen Sebelius

Midwestern tour from Kansas to Minnesota on the future of green jobs in the area

Harry Reid

Rallies and fundraisers across Nevada, promoting Janet Napolitano and the importance of a democratic senate majority
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 12:50:57 AM »

October 19th

Rally in Salem, New Hampshire

"I am so enthused to have received the endorsement of Emily's List over the past week. This is an organization that has supported women for decades, and shows us a path forward. While others running for President take the tactics of ignoring or actively attacking women's rights, I have spent my public service career defending women. We must unite to make sure women are protected to make decisions with their doctors, to be paid fairly for the work they do, and to have a comprehensive paid leave program to help families keep providing for themselves. It is our job to uplift one another."

October 20th

Townhall in Merrimack, NH

"We've seen our cities devastated by automation, leading to substance abuse in the form of opioids. This is a public health crisis, that is affecting communities across this country, but to hear some politicians talk about it, you would almost get the picture that they think it's something of a moral failing. But, here's where I'm different, I know that we've not done enough for you, to replace jobs displaced by automation, to treat the problem of addiction with healthcare, not moral browbeating, and listening to people like you."

October 21st

Visit to Emily's List HQ in Washington DC, followed by a press conference on executive leadership

October 22nd

Rally in Rock Hill, SC

"I'm honored to be here, in a city that was one of the battlegrounds of the Civil Rights Movement. We've done a lot of work since 1961, but we have more work to do. We elected our first African American President, had a landmark moment on LGBT rights, and have pushed ourselves into the 21st century by revitalizing our healthcare. However, it is time to have some assurances that everyone, regardless of race, gender, or sexuality can get ahead, and our campaign's promise for a Universal Basic Income is step one to making that a reality. Another step is our commitment to protecting and ensuring the rights of everyone, which I will not shy away from. It is time to end mass incarceration, to end discriminatory housing and hiring practices, and fight the battles of tomorrow."

October 23rd

Tour of Charleston shoreline, meeting with the mayor on shoreline protection and restoration

October 24th

Rally in Orlando, Florida

"Florida is on the front line of climate change, seeing fleeting ecosystems, receding shores, and erratic weather becoming the norm. We are hearing a deafening silence from our politicians on what to do about this issue. What I am doing to solve these problems is to have a Federal green jobs program, employing locals to restore shorelines, and revolutionizing solar, wind, and hydro power to make the United States the leader in the world on energy independence."

October 25th

Meeting with Annise Parker in Houston, followed by a rally

"Can I just say, I'm inspired by your mayor. She is an example of how women can get stuff done when we get the chance. We understand the need for paid family leave, for immigration reform, and for access to healthcare. It is beyond time that mothers, fathers, and caretakers can take care of their loved ones without going broke. Our system is not set up to reward women, and we are often the ones doing the caretaking! We are the only developed nation without paid leave of some sort, and I intend to change that."

October 26th

Interview with The Des Moines Register

"Janet Napolitano, Attorney General, Governor, Secretary of Homeland Security, and now President? What inspired you to run?"

"Well, first, I'd like to thank you for having me, I know you guys have endorsed a primary opponent of mine, and maybe I can make you regret that choice. My career has been driven by a passion to do the most good, and I see issues of income inequality, climate change, and attacks on anyone deemed 'other' and I had to step up."

"Do you think your Methodist upbringing lit that passion for public service?"

"Absolutely, and it really helped my get to my UBI push during this campaign. I believe we are all deserving of opportunity and economic growth, regardless of our pasts."

"Universal Basic Income is considered a radical position, but you had a long history of a moderate before now, what changed?"

"Well, I'm still a pragmatist, which is the word I prefer, if I have to have a label. I'm about results, not party line purity. Look at immigration, DACA is considered a compromise bill, and it is working and will continue if Congress gets its act together. UBI is a relatively new idea, but economists are pretty optimistic about it, as I am. I don't care if an idea is left, right, or center, I care that it helps the most people."

"Thank you, Secretary."

October 27th

Townhall in Ames, Iowa

"It is time for our country to dust off the cogs of innovation. People are terrified of change, but it is a constant. We fear for our jobs, our healthcare, and our identities, that's human nature. However, our technological advancements can actually help us by making our jobs safer, our air cleaner, and creating new worlds of opportunity for us all to explore. With a combination of a fiber optic infrastructure being laid in our largest cities and smallest rural communities and a retraining program for those displaced by automation, we can make the Midwest the epicenter of a comeback story. Internet access does more than let you browse Facebook, it allows you to start a business, connect with those around the world, and keep yourselves informed on what is happening around the world. I believe that is a right not a privilege."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »

Janet Napolitano Campaign Schedule Part II

October 28th

Town halls across the state of Iowa, focusing on healthcare and her green jobs initiative

"I'm ready for us to restore our economy to the leader of the free world, with people of all education levels achieving good paying green jobs. I'm ready for all people to have affordable healthcare and a stable market. Playing politics with healthcare has given us higher premiums, fewer options, and an unsure future. This is why I will push for a public option in my first 100 days, stabilizing the market, and insuring that communities all over the country have insurance."

October 29th

Rally in Iowa City, with Focus on Minimum Wage

"Our communities are losing out, while the richest in this society get bigger breaks and larger tax cuts. Our minimum wage has stagnated, and due to reckless spending, inflation has lowered our spending power. I always hear, 'why raise the minimum wage, when it's only young people who don't support families who benefit?' Well, my answer is only 46% of people making at or below the federal minimum wage are 16-24. So, tell me how this is fair, how are we expecting people to create jobs if we won't even pay them fairly? This is why our minimum wage must be raised to $12 an hour, with reforms to our tip based jobs, and partnerships with communities to stop state governments from cutting their wages."

October 30th

Rally in Minneapolis, MN

"Our organized labor in this country has been completely dismantled in favor of corporations, who have been told to throw their money into our system to garner favor. This is ludicrous. I want to review our fundraising laws and make all donations public, and to overturn Citizens United to keep our elections free and fair."

October 31st

Town Halls across Northern Nevada, focus on solar energy plan to bring jobs to the area

November 1st

Rally in Reno

"I have spent time around this country, campaigning on making life easier for workers like you. My opponents have made this a battle of personality, rather than focusing on what we can do to lift up American workers. That's why I announced programs like a raise in minimum wage, Universal Basic Income, and a Green Jobs Initiative, all in order to make American work again, regardless of race, gender, orientation, or education level."

November 2nd

Meeting with casino workers in Las Vegas, talking about unionization and wage increases

November 3rd

Rally in Carson City

"I'm a proud gun owner, and have been for years. The truth is, the NRA isn't out to defend people like me, they are out to make gun manufacturers richer, and laws looser. I have long believed public safety is our first goal, which was my guiding light as Secretary of Homeland Security. It's time to close the gun show loophole, to remove the 'boyfriend loophole' that allows domestic abusers to get guns, and take a serious look at assault rifle bans. I'm not anti-gun, in fact, I would gladly go to a shooting range and show you how good of a shot I am. But, my dear friend, Gabby Giffords, suffered from an attack that should have been prevented. Our background checks need to be expanded, and we need someone who stand up to the NRA, and stand up for the people. I'll be that person."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 11:26:27 AM »

November 4th

Rally in New Orleans, Announcing Support for John Bel Edwards

“In a race like this one, the choice is clear. Let’s make John Louisiana’s Governor!”

November 5th

Rally in San Antonio with Julian Castro

“Here in San Antonio, you know that diversity makes us stronger. You know that by allowing people to come here for a better life, that we open up the opportunity for new businesses, innovations, and jobs. The fact of the matter is, we are a nation of immigrants, and the fact that congress refuses to address DACA and DAPA is a disgrace. This is why I will push Democrats and Republicans in Congress to actually do something for those looking for the land of opportunity.”

November 6th

Rally in Iowa City on healthcare reform

November 7th

Townhalls in rural Iowa, focusing on Universal Basic Income

November 8th

Rally in Des Moines

“President Obama and I don’t agree on everything, however, he worked tirelessly to make America even better than it is. We desperately need someone to continue this progress. We need to stabilize Obamacare with a public option, we need to raise the minimum wage, and we need to assure everyone has the opportunity to succeed in this country. We will not let Republicans play historical revisionist with Obama’s legacy. Remember, our economy was in such a precarious state upon Obama’s inauguration, and we must prevent another crisis by protecting our progress.”

November 9th

Rally in Las Vegas on solar energy production for energy independence

November 10th

Town hall in Reno, answering questions about Universal Basic Income Plan

November 11th

Rally in Manchester, NH on a public option for Obamacare

November 12th

Rally in Portsmouth, NH

“Democrats have long been able to govern well, but not always sell our case to why a Democratic Administration is better for the average American. I’ve always believed the policies speak for themselves, but you just need to articulate them. For example, there’s a track record that the economy does better under Democrats. Republicans will say the answer to grow the economy is cutting taxes on the richest, however, we all know that doesn’t work. That’s why I have a plan to create green jobs with a national retraining program, a plan to increase your wages and cut the loopholes allow states to take advantage of middle class and low income workers, along with a new Universal Basic Income Plan to ensure we protect the ability to dream in this country.”

November 13th

Statement on Paris Attack

“Our friends and allies were attacked on their own soil. We in America understand what this feels like, and I believe France deserves the same solidarity that we received in 2001. I trust the French authorities to handle the details of this case, but I want to call on an international coalition to research and prevent the radicalization of our citizens, particularly online. We must stand together in this moment against person caused disasters.”

November 14th

Debate in Des Moines
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »

Janet Napolitano Ad, Airing in SC, IA, NV, and NH

Opportunity

“Our country was founded on opportunity, dreaming big, and progress. However, we are facing uncertain times, a shrinking middle class, and attacks on our healthcare.”

“The last thing we need is a leader we can’t trust to fight for our values. That’s why Janet Napolitano is running for President.”

“She has a plan to tackle income inequality, to keep us safe, and to protect our progress from far right attacks. Janet is fighting for your right to the American Dream, for your Pursuit of Happiness.”

“I’m Janet Napolitano and I approve this message.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 12:54:40 PM »

Janet Napolitano Democratic Debate

“Hello again Des Moines, I’m so happy to be here tonight. The people on this stage are friends and colleagues and I’m so honored to share this honor with them. Tonight you’re going to hear a lot about policy, leadership styles, and the like. What I don’t want you to forget is that there’s more that unites us than divides us. I stand here as a champion for Americans, fighting to improve our healthcare system, create jobs through energy independence, and ensure our women, LGBTQ, and minority population get the same protections and opportunities that this country offers.”

“First of all, I have to say I’m the candidate with the most experience in this topic, having served as Secretary of Homeland Security. We need to increase our security systems in public spaces, as we have in airports. We need to increase funding so our police officers can do community outreach, integrating them with the people they protect, and fostering trust. Mostly, we need to fight radicalization. We need to remind people that America is welcoming, that we aren’t going to judge you based on your race or religion, and that this country is the greatest place for anyone with dreams of succeeding. The problem isn’t one group, it’s a sense that this country doesn’t trust our citizens.”

“First, as I’ve said, we need to fight radicalization. ISIS’s goal is to feed a divide between Muslims and Western governments and cultures. We need to show our Muslim brothers and sisters that we welcome them, support them, and trust them. Past that, we need to maintain our international coalition fighting ISIS in the Middle East. We are being successful in pushing back their land occupation, but as a global community, we aren’t doing enough to fight their radicalization efforts.”

“I think the Iran Deal is the perfect example of how there are no easy decisions regarding international policies. I believe the deal gets more right than wrong, and walks us toward nuclear disarmament. The way to make the deal better is not to antagonize those across from us on the negotiating table. But, we need to maintain cool heads and accept incrementalism keeps us safe. A less icy relationship with Iran helps everyone in the world, and President Obama got this right.”

“America is a great nation. We’ve made so much progress under President Obama, repairing our international reputation. We can’t go back now. We need steady leadership to not only maintain our diplomatic relationships, but to keep our citizens safe. The fact is, we need someone with the experience to combat the problems of today.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies