Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:09:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10645 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 03, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »

Phil Bredesen Campaign in Iowa: September 1st-September 12th

September 1st: Rally in Des Moines on Bipartisanship

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Crowd laughs with Phil.

September 2nd-September 5th: Fundraiser for Charity in Cedar Rapids.

September 6th: Meet and Greet with Voters in Waterloo

VOTER: It's nice to meet you, Phil. What you're doing really means a lot to us.

PHIL: Thank you. That's nice of you to say. I hope that that trust you have in me will continue throughout this Campaign. I see all of you here tonight and seeing you all here tonight makes me extremely grateful for what I have.

September 7th: Rally in Iowa City on Tax Cuts

September 8th-September 10th: Barnstorming in Dubuque

September 11th: All Campaigning halts in Rememberence of the 9/11 attacks. Bredesen will fly to New York City to meet with the victims of the attacks.

September 12th: Rally in Ankeny on the Economy

Phil Bredesen Campaign in New Hampshire from September 13th-September 19th

September 13th-September 17th: Fundraiser for Charity in Manchester before a rally in Concord on Taxes on September 17th

September 18th: Rally in Portsmouth on Healthcare reform

September 19th: Rally in Nashua on Education Reform

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 05:59:23 PM »

Phil Bredesen responds to Deval Patrick in Manchester, New Hampshire

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »

Bredesen attack ad on Gov. Deval Patrick titled 'Falsities and scandals' set to air in Iowa, South Carolina,
New Hampshire, and Florida

Voice-over: Governor Deval Patrick of Massachusetts. His term ends this year and he hopes to be the Democratic Nominee, but now, he's gotten into a fight with Phil Bredesen. Here are some things revealed about him.

Voice-Over: He has called himself a moderate Progressive. Progressivism has had a somewhat nasty life in the Democratic party, however. In 1988, Progressive Michael Dukakis, governor of Patrick's home state at the time lost in a landslide to George Herbert Walker Bush. Only 16 years later, Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts lost to George Walker Bush.

Voice-Over: Barack Obama had won two terms but it was only because of the flaws of both Republican Candidates that he won both races.

Voice-Over: The governor speaks about the president being successful. He has left out the detail that all major things done during Obama's tenure was from 2009-2010, after which he was repeatedly stone-walled by the GOP.

Voice-Over: Let us also not forget that 3 months ago, Deval Patrick was found to have around $27 million of the state budget in a slush fund. When having the opportunity to talk about it, he simply forgot about it and attempted to attack Bredesen on his Moderate ideals.

Voice-Over: Here are some things to know about Phil Bredesen. As Governor of Tennessee, a reliably Republican State, in a landslide Re-election in 2006, Winning every county and 68% of the vote. As Governor, he made sure the state of Tennessee prospered, gave it a healthy state surplus, and never introduced an income tax. His policies helped Tennessee get through the worst of the 2007 Economic Meltdown.

Voice-Over: Experts state his ideas are a combination of Centrist Bill Clinton and Conservative John F. Kennedy, with some southern DEMs calling him the Kennedy of Tennessee.

With the facts now presented, who will you choose?

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this message.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »

Endorsement Speech from Senator Bill Nelson of Florida

Nelson - Now many of you are wondering who I will support in this coming primary. There is no-one I trust more than Phil Bredesen to lead the Democratic Party. Right now, the Democratic Party is in chaos mode and we need someone to rally behind. Who better than Phil Bredesen to do just that? He was loved by Tennessee, you'll love him, and this country will be turned around for the better.

Endorsement speech from Senator Tom Carper of Delaware

Carper - A few years ago, a progressive took charge of the United States and with him, my good friend Joe Biden became his Vice President. Now, 8 years later, it's time for a new Democrat Centrist to lead the White House. Phil Bredesen campaigned night and day and worked hard for Tennessee during his tenure as Governor. From 2003-2011, Tennessee became a far better place to live. I understand that with Progressives, he may seem a bit iffy but I have a large feeling that if we nominate a progressive, they might lose and if they win, they would have a Congress not interested in working with them simply because they're a progressive or a Democrat. With Bredesen as the Nominee, expect a Victory and with Bredesen as President, expect to get results from working with Congress, because that is what you will get with Bredesen! Vote Bredesen for 2016!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 07:24:22 PM »

Phil Bredesen interview with Wolf Blitzer of CNN

WOLF: Greetings everyone. Today, we are having an interview with the current Democratic Front-runner, Former Tennessee Governor, Phil Bredesen. It's great to have you, Phil.

PHIL: It's great to be here, Wolf.

WOLF: Phil, I have several questions for you but if any of them crosses the line for you, let me know.

PHIL: *chuckles* Don't worry, Wolf, I can handle it.

WOLF: First, I would like to ask what you mean when you are a combination of John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton hybrid politician?

PHIL: Well, Wolf, I think it's very obvious as to why. I support Tax Cuts and have generally Centrist views for a Democrat. Interesting to note, I was brought up as a potential Front-runner for the party in 2008 because of my Centrist views.

WOLF: No kidding. Alright, next question: You have recently been attacked on your Conservative views, with several fellow Candidates stating that your views don't represent the party. What is your response to them?

PHIL: Yeah, I'm a Conservative Democrat, but I also have Centrist and Moderate views. There's a reason why I won all 95 counties in Tennessee, a very Republican State, for re-election as Governor in 2006. I guess that being a Conservative is very bad in this country simply because I have different views. I don't take offense to that However. As everyone has a right to their own opinion.

WOLF: and the claims that you won't represent the Progressives as the party?

PHIL: I want to represent anyone in my party. That's why I've created an official Email to ask me questions personally to the best of my Ability. Also, no offense to Obama, but I don't see the National Surplus a Centrist Bill Clinton gave us in the 90s. Yes, I see a shrinking Debt, but not a surplus. As I said, No disrespect to President Obama and Vice President Biden, but I think the party needs to be changed in a more Centrist direction. That's why, if I'm elected President, I'll be one for Conservatives, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Latin Americans, African Americans, Whites, Moderates, Centrists, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. No matter what, I'll be the leader for them.

WOLF: Thanks for the insight. Several opponents of yours have claimed that you are the establishment candidate and that you need to be put down. How do you respond?

PHIL: If People think I'm the Establishment Candidate, then I won't mind. They have the right to do such a thing and I won't argue with them on it. I might even agree with them a little. But I'm the different kind of Establishment Candidate. Instead of bowing down and doing what my Establishment wants me to do, I will simply say to them "No. I don't care what you think. I won't bow to you because you think you own me. I'll be President for all of America, not for your interests, but for theirs." I am already letting that be seen by letting you choose to fund me Online and being paid mostly from my Company. I never accepted Gubernatorial pay during my tenure as Governor of Tennessee and I refuse any type of big money pay so the voter can make their choice on me financially.

WOLF: Thanks for that rather lengthy answer, Phil. We just have 2 more questions left to ask you. First, you have claimed that Obama only won because he faced two Flawed Candidates while Deval Patrick claims that your own idols in Bill Clinton and John F. Kennedy had flawed Candidates facing them as well and it certainly wasn't Obama's fault. How do you respond?

PHIL: Well, I know that Nixon, Bush, Dole, McCain, and Romney were all very bad Candidates. 1992 and '96 were years were the Democrats got the luck of the draw and destroyed both Bush and Dole in two consecutive landslides. At the same time, Kennedy won in several states with just enough votes to carry them and be Elected against Nixon. Goldwater is the very example of a seriously flawed Candidate. In 2000, Gore almost won several Southern states but lost them, only barely, to Bush Jr. Now, Romney was a very flawed Candidate, no doubt about that, but I think the Progressives are losing the key demographics in the white working class, Moderates, and Independents. As the Nominee, I hope to rally everyone around the Democratic banner.

WOLF: Final Question: Currently, Republican Front-runner Ted Cruz may be able to defeat a Democrat come November. As the Nominee, how would you challenge Cruz?

PHIL: Well, Wolf, it's a long time until the Convention, so nothing is for certain yet, but as the Nominee, I would focus on the Moderates, Centrists, and Conservatives of this country. It's time for a candidate that everyone can rally behind and, while I have strong respect for my opponents, I doubt they would be able to fight Cruz in a fair Election.

WOLF: Thank you for answering all these questions Phil. It was an honor to have you on.

PHIL: it was an honor to be on. Thank you.

After the interview, a poll was done and it showed that Phil Bredesen had 63% of approve from the poll, though many are still unsure about Bredesen, some agree he may be able to keep and even expand his lead if he continues to be focused.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 02:33:50 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Bredesen Campaign schedule in New Hampshire (September 19th-September 22nd)

September 19th: Rallies in Merrimack, Derry, and Exeter on Healthcare, tax cuts, and Political motivation. Debate prep.

September 20th-21st: Traverse across the state and barnstorm. Debate on the 21st

September 22nd: After a rally in Concord on Healthcare and a charity fundraiser in Merrimack, Phil Bredesen appeared on an interview with Stephen Colbert. Then attend first Democratic Debate

COLBERT: So recently, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton joined the race and some are saying that she's a way better version of you. How would you like to respond?

PHIL: to be honest, I respect her for what she's done. She has plenty of scandals but so do many other Politicians. All I can say is I hope that to face her respectfully on the Campaign trail and may the best candidate win.

Phil Bredesen Campaign in Michigan (September 23rd-29th)

September 23rd-25th: Hold rallies in Detroit, Grand Rapids,
Ann Arbor, Lansing and Kalamazoo on Economics, Education Reform, and Tax Cuts

September 26th-29th: Charity fundraiser in Detroit on 26th,
Giving money to Flint to attempt to help the city during its water crisis and rally in Troy on Healthcare reform

Phil Bredesen Campaign Schedule in Tennessee (September 30th-October 3rd)

September 30th: Rally in Knoxville on Presidential pay.

September 31st-October 3rd: Barnstorming across Tennessee to remind voters of his accomplishments with their help and support during his Governorship

Phil Bredesen Campaign Schedule in South Carolina (October 4th)

October 4th: Bredesen hosts a town hall meeting in Columbia in which he calmly answer each question that the voters asked. After the town hall, many stated that they liked it and they felt that Bredesen was a candidate they would want to have a beer with.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 05:32:50 PM »

Phil Bredesen Debate Answers

Hello Las Vegas, Nevada. City of Sin in one of the most beautiful states ever. As a former governor from a Southern State, it is my honor to be here to answer the questions that many Americans have on their minds right now.

I want you all to close your eyes and think what I'm about to say and how it will all affect you and your Family. The Affordable Care Act was perhaps one of the best things done Healthcare Wise in the last decade, don't get me wrong, but it needs some work. I really despise the way on how it was passed, not a single republican vote. A very Partisan way it was passed. What I want to do is reform the Affordable Care Act. It's become to centralized on the Government. I want to lower the Health Care Rates completely and I would like for a full on reformation. I will create 56 separate Health Care Companies, including the ones for the territories of the United States, and then I will expand it to have dozens Healthcare companies per state with little to no Government involvement in it. If you don't want it, you won't get it or be forced to get it. I call this ideal reform Statecare and I even asked a few experts how my plans would go the other day, and a large majority said that the reform would work out well. My idea still stands, this is to reform the ACA and not repeal it.

Great question. I want to make this very clear. I very much opposed the war in Iraq and while I supported the War in Afghanistan for the time when it began, I can safely say that both have become an unwinnable war that we continuously send troops into. I want that to stop just as much as the next guy. What I want to do is withdraw all but 7,500 soldiers and have those soldiers train the Afghanistan army for 5 years before I withdraw them for them to finally end the Taliban. We have done this in the past with the Kuomintang in the Chinese Civil War, the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, South Vietnam, and South Korea. Each time, such an idea helped, either in a small way or a big way. The point is clear though: No more American lives must be lost to keep up this war. Our tactics have changed a lot since the Gulf War and it's time we train our best allies in these tactics to help them fight against their enemies. Once that is done, then we can truly say "Mission Accomplished".

I want to make one thing very clear. We, as a country, can never really be 100% safe. Such an idea is fictitious at best. The thing that can increase the odds is 2 simple things: We respect the rights of ordinary citizens and we prepare. When I say respect the rights of Ordinary citizens, I'm talking about the second amendment. People want to talk about how it was mainly meant for muskets and that the founding fathers could never have the idea that Technology would progress like it has with machine gun and the like. You'd be wrong in thinking that way. There was the Belton Flintlock, which could fire 20 or more rounds in the pull of one trigger in about 5 seconds. That was around during the Revolutionary war. The Puckle Gun, an early Gatling gun that was developed 60 years before the Revolutionary war. Finally, there was the pepperbox revolvers could hold up to 20 rounds and were developed hundreds of years before the constitution. James Madison actually signed a letter of Marque and Reprisal that gave private ownership to a ship with cannons.

Now, you may be asking why I'm saying all this. I'm saying it because I believe that we should realize that Citizens with guns should be allowed as they can defend themselves when the Cops cannot help them. A thing we must all remember that before the Halocaust, the Nazis took away the Gun Rights of each and every Jewish Citizen before killing them. Am I saying that we should allow full on assault weapons? No, of course not. There is no need for such a thing anywhere except on the Battlefield. A Rifle or Handgun could do just fine by itself. That's how we can be ready.

Another thing is we are spying on the lives of each and every citizen for being a suspected terrorist. I don't know about you, but I don't want the Government to be in my private life. What I will do to protect our Country from Domestic Terrorism is to let Normal Citizens own their weapons that are needed and have our government spy on those who have done incredibly shaky things recently instead of spying on everyone. If you want some more help, I will add an additional $2.5 Billion to our Domestic Defense budget while shrinking our military's by about 13%. We will plan and make as many plans as possible to stop Domestic Terrorism when and where we can but, as a wise man once said, "Plans don''t survive contact with the enemy." That's why It'll be up to you, the American Citizen, to do your part and help stop Domestic Terror when we cannot.

America, 8 years ago, we gave President Obama one of the biggest chances he could ever get. He has done a great many things during his presidency but he has also been beaten back some by the Republicans in Congress. As I have said before, and as I am sure many can tell from my Debate responses here today, I'm a moderate, a Centrist, born from the mold of JFK and Bill Clinton. I'm here to offer an alternative to the Progressives, whom I do respect a bit and thank them for servicing their country, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who I also respect greatly but has had her fair share of Scandals. I hope to be your Nominee and if not, it is my honor to be campaigning here for all of you. Thank you.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »

Phil Bredesen ad "why I'm running" set to air in New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee from September 18th-October 6th

After it was uploaded to Youtube, it received a million views overnight and became #11 on Trending.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:17:56 AM »

Phil Bredesen Campaign in South Carolina (October 5th-9th)

October 5th:
  • Barnstorming across the state
  • Rally in Myrtle Beach on Healthcare

October 6th:
  • Meet the voters in Spartanburg
  • Rally in Greenville on Tax reform

October 7th-9th:

Bredesen continued to Campaign across the state, mostly meeting the voters and Barnstorming to talk and get to know his voters as they can know him

Bredesen Campaign in Iowa (October 10th-15th

October 10th-October 14th:
  • Rally in Bettendorf on Agriculture
  • Barnstorming across the state to grow support
  • Meet the Voters in Ottumwa
  • Rally in Fort Dodge on Education

October 15th:
Thank Supporters in Muscatine by holding a day long rally

Bredesen Campaign in New Hampshire (October 16th-21st)

Phil Bredesen would Campaign across the entire state and meet the voters, focusing on Education Reform and Healthcare reform. Many Supporters believe that he is the winner and some experts agree that he has a shot at becoming Front-runner again.

Bredesen Campaign in Nevada (October 22nd)

Phil Bredesen did a rally in Las Vegas on Tax reform before meeting the voters in Reno doing a successful Q&A in Henderson
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »

Phil Bredesen Surrogate Campaigns

Joe Manchin would Campaign for Bredesen in Virginia, Kentucky, and West Virginia, Chet Culver would Campaign in Iowa and Minnesota for Bredesen, Bill Nelson Campaigned in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina for Bredesen, and Tom Carper would Campaign in Delaware and Maryland for Bredesen throughout the entire turn
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »

Bredesen ad 'No more Partisan games' to play in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Tennessee throughout all of October

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »

Phil Bredesen Campaign Schedule

Campaign in  Nevada (October 23rd-October 25th)

October 23rd:

Meeting with voters in Carson City

October 24th:

Q&A with Voters in Las Vegas

Voter 1: Hi Bredesen. I've recently seen your rise in the Polls and I want to ask what makes you think that your a better choice than Hillary Clinton or your other opponents?

Bredesen: Great question. Now first for Hillary, well, I don't have those emails. *Bredesen and audience laughs*. To be serious, I don't have a record on foreign Policy but I think we can all agree that Hillary is a bit Hawkish in a time when we really shouldn't be war hawks. For Deval Patrick, he was governor of a Democratic State and had to deal with Republicans who were more Democrats than actual Republicans. This isn't to disrespect Patrick, but when I was governor of Tennessee, a very Republican State, I had to deal with real Republicans who were stubborn to work with Democrats. I got the job done however and the state surplus I had left is an example of my ability to get the job done. For Bernie Sanders, I have to say that he isn't really an outsider like some would call him as. After all, he's been in Congress for 26 years. The thing I think sets me apart from him was that a while ago, I owned a business and thus, I know how a business goes. For Janet, I want to say that while I have to applaud her work in Arizona, I would like to remind everyone that the last conservative president was from the south, not the southwest. I do think that that is a major difference between me and her. Again, thank you for the question.

Voter 1: I understand. Thank you.

Voter 2: Phil, I was wondering what your thoughts are on Terrorism both Domestic and abroad.

Bredesen: I think this can be a good enough answer: We need to clamp our foot down on terrorists both Domestic and abroad. No more soft approach. If you ask me, we should bring back Big Stick Diplomacy.

Voter 2: Thank you, Phil. I understand that.

October 25th:

Meet with the Mayor of Reno and give her advice on what she might she be able to do better

Campaign in New York (October 26th-28th)

October 26th:

Rally in Madison Square Garden in New York City

October 27th

Creation of a Campaign headquarters in Buffalo.

October 28th:

Appearance on Saturday Night Live and join in as himself for the skit on the Democratic Debate, which many found likeable and fun.

Campaign in South Carolina (October 29th-November 3rd)

October 29th-31st:

Barnstorming across the state and raising his Support for Evangelicals.

November 1st-November 3rd:

Host a large rally in Columbia on the defense of the country.

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »

Bredesen Campaign Schedule from November 4th-November 18th

November 4th: Day of no campaigning in a sign of respect for those lost in the Paris Terrorist attacks

November 5th-November 10th: New Hampshire

November 5th-November 7th: Meet with Voters across the state and listen to their worries and needs

November 8th-November 9th: Host fundraise for the victims in the Paris peace attacks in Concord. approximately $7.1 million is made and every penny is sent to the victims in Paris

November 10th: Host 5 events

• Barnstorming in Rindge

• Create a Campaign headquarters in Rochester

• Voter Q&A in Keene in which many agree with his ideas

• Endorse Colin van Olstern for New Hampshire governor at a rally in Hampton

• Rally in Exeter

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »

Bredesen campaign schedule pt. II

Iowa (November 11th-November 14th)

November 11th

- Rallies in Sioux City and Cedar Rapids

- Fundraiser in Des Moines

- Debate prep

November 12th

- Foreign Policy Speech in Camp Dodge Army Base in Johnston

- Barnstorming in Ames

- Successful Voter Q&A in Waterloo

- Debate prep

November 13th

- Agriculture policy speech in Ankeny

- Rally in Council Bluffs

- Meet with voters in Bettendorf

- Debate Prep

November 14th

- Fundraiser in West Des Moines

- Economic Policy speech in Ottumwa

- Rally with Chet Culver in Muscatine

- Attend 2nd Democratic Debate (post answers later)

Michigan (November 15th-November 17th)

November 15th

- Create a campaign headquarters in Lansing

- Economic Policy speech in Detroit

- Give aid to Flint Michigan

November 16th

- Barnstorm across the state to get started on a grassroots campaign

- Have a meal at Fiddlehead Restaurant and chat with voters

November 17th

- Discuss with Mayor Virgil Bernero of Lansing

- Foreign Policy speech in Grand rapids

- Meet with voters in Detroit

November 18th

- Rest day in Nashville, Tennessee
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »

It's great to be here in Des Moines, Iowa. This city is the capital of one of the Agricultural heads in this country and thus it is my honor to be here tonight and debate my opponents.

I talked about this in the last debate. The basics is we need to allow people to keep their guns. The More guns that they do have, the easier a situation like a terrorist attack can be stopped. I would also like to increase the Domestic Defense Budget by 3.2%. This will allow Local Law Enforcement and the FBI to be able to learn about terrorist plots earlier and stop them before they happen. This would also mean, in the case of an attack, our officers would be far more prepared to deal with the Terrorists then anyone else before them.

First, I would like to increase Military Spending by 1.1%. Does this mean a slight increase to the already bloated military budget? Yes, yes it does, but when it comes to National Defense, It's a small price to pay. Another thing, I would like to send 7500 troops to Iraq to hep Train and prepare Iraqi forces as well as Kurdish ones to fight ISIS harder, faster, and stronger. Third, I will Institute a 2 Week Bombing campaign to destroy any major position ISIS has in the Middle East that way they are weakened enough for our forces to defeat theirs with little to no Casualties. Finally, I will have talks with the Iraqi government to discuss the idea of an Independent Kurdish State. They have fought the hardest against Iraq and with a nation being created for them, They will fight even harder to protect what they know is their land.

The Iran Nuclear Deal is a disaster, that is no lie. It will be giving Iran a better ability to create WMDs which they can use to threaten their eternal enemy, Israel, an ally of ours. What I plan on doing is to add an amendment to the deal that if Iran has any Nuclear weapons, they are to give 81% of all of it to us so we can disable them and render them useless. The world needs less Nuclear weapons and If I am able to add this Amendment, we will be able to be lead into a safer world.

America, tonight you heard different voices from the same coin of the party. I understand you are conflicted and I won't demand you to choose me immediately. I want you to follow your conscience. Whoever is the best candidate in Your mind, I want you to support. Even if it isn't me, I will be proud for you're choice. Also, please remember, we are at a crossroads were anything can happen and if we choose the wrong person, we may be even worse off than we are now. I want to thank you for allowing me to speak tonight and allowing me to be seen as your voice. Each one of you are Wonderful! Good Night!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies