Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:10:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10488 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »

Portman's Last Pre-Debate Rally

Columbus, Ohio

Rob Portman-"It has been a crazy year and an even more crazy year to come. Before I get into the nitty-gritty I want to thank you all for your continuing support of my campaign, your friendship means a lot to the campaign and to my family.

I would like to start off tonight with bringing real issues to light that I have seen affect millions of Americans across the country. I have listened to people around the country they are suffering because of both human trafficking and opioid epidemic.The only campaign to have a real plan to battle the opioid epidemic and human trafficking is the Portman campaign.

Earlier this week I told the New Hampshire Union Leader that I will not be attacking my opponents but tonight I have to break that rule because of what Governor Christie said in Nevada earlier today. I used to respect Governor Christie but tonight I have lost my respect, He made these drug addicts look like criminals in God's eyes. These are not criminals these are people who fell into the wrong path and instead of forcing them into jails we must help them.

Before I head on my plane to go to the first debate I would like everybody to know that as president you can lay your children to bed knowing that they are not in danger.

Thank you, Thank you. Off to the Debate!"
CHRISTIE FURIOUS

“I had no plans to attack Senator Portman. He is a great man. But, if he actually listened to what I said, I stated that I wanted to help them. But people can’t seem to pay attention to my message. I’ll see you on the debate stage”
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:40 PM »

Tom Harkin Endorsement Speech for Sestak (excerpt)
In the time I've known Joe Sestak, one thing has been clear to me. This man is a patriot, a man who loves America and its people and would do anything for them. As a former admiral and an independent voice of the people in Congress, Joe has dedicated his life to serving the people of this country, and I am confident that Admiral Sestak will be the best choice for President not just for Iowans, but for all Americans.

Russ Feingold Endorsement Speech for Sestak (excerpt)
The people of America need their voice to be heard! They need a strong, independent voice in the White House. Someone who can stand up to the big banks, who won't play nice with massive corporations behind our backs. Admiral Joe Sestak is the person who is most prepared to be that voice! He has dedicated his life - not to his own profit, not to the banks, or the corporate world, or the military-industrial complex - but to the people of the United States of America, and that is why I endorse Joe Sestak to be the next president...your next President... of the United States!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2018, 10:50:37 PM »

What Mattis did part 2

Mattis campagined on tax reform and balancing the budget and healthcare. Also while talking about his plan to defeat ISIS and bring peace to the Middle East.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 08:35:48 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2018, 08:27:32 PM by ⒼℜAⱾŠℛ⭕️ ⭕️ t 𝐒🇺🇸 »

Turn Closed.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2018, 08:27:02 PM »

Turn #2:
September 19th - October 4th 2015

(Same rules as a standard turn. The turn lasts 72 hours with an optional 24 hour extension.)

RCP: Republican Primary:
Ted Cruz: 23%
Rob Portman: 21%
Rand Paul: 18%
Chris Christie: 10%
Jim Mattis: 9%
Rick Santorum: 6%

Undecided: 14%

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 20%
Phil Bredesen: 18%
Mark Dayton: 17%
Joe Sestak: 12%
Bernie Sanders: 10%
Deval Patrick: 9%
Janet Napolitano: 5%
Jim Hodges: 3%
G. K. Butterfield: 2%

Undecided: 4%

News:

-Hillary Clinton announces candidacy for president.

-Nikki Haley drops out of race due to budget concerns.

-J.K Butterfield announces candidacy for president.

Endorsements:[/size]

Ted Cruz:
Chuck Grassely
Terry Branstad

Rick Santorum:
Foster Freiss
Joni Erst

Bernie Sanders:
Keith Ellison
John Conyers

Chris Christie:
Scott Brown

Janet Napolitano:
Maggie Hassan
Jeanne Shaheen

Rand Paul:
Tim Scott

Deval Patrick:
Ed Markey
Amy Klobuchar

Rob Portman:
Brian Sandoval
Kristi Noem

Phil Bredesen:
Bill Nelson
Tom Carper

Joe Sestak
Tom Harkin
Russ Feingold

(Debates to be posted tonight or tomorrow morning. State polls will be posted tomorrow.)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 02:33:50 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Bredesen Campaign schedule in New Hampshire (September 19th-September 22nd)

September 19th: Rallies in Merrimack, Derry, and Exeter on Healthcare, tax cuts, and Political motivation. Debate prep.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

September 20th-21st: Traverse across the state and barnstorm. Debate on the 21st

September 22nd: After a rally in Concord on Healthcare and a charity fundraiser in Merrimack, Phil Bredesen appeared on an interview with Stephen Colbert. Then attend first Democratic Debate

COLBERT: So recently, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton joined the race and some are saying that she's a way better version of you. How would you like to respond?

PHIL: to be honest, I respect her for what she's done. She has plenty of scandals but so do many other Politicians. All I can say is I hope that to face her respectfully on the Campaign trail and may the best candidate win.

Phil Bredesen Campaign in Michigan (September 23rd-29th)

September 23rd-25th: Hold rallies in Detroit, Grand Rapids,
Ann Arbor, Lansing and Kalamazoo on Economics, Education Reform, and Tax Cuts

September 26th-29th: Charity fundraiser in Detroit on 26th,
Giving money to Flint to attempt to help the city during its water crisis and rally in Troy on Healthcare reform

Phil Bredesen Campaign Schedule in Tennessee (September 30th-October 3rd)

September 30th: Rally in Knoxville on Presidential pay.

September 31st-October 3rd: Barnstorming across Tennessee to remind voters of his accomplishments with their help and support during his Governorship

Phil Bredesen Campaign Schedule in South Carolina (October 4th)

October 4th: Bredesen hosts a town hall meeting in Columbia in which he calmly answer each question that the voters asked. After the town hall, many stated that they liked it and they felt that Bredesen was a candidate they would want to have a beer with.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2018, 12:04:41 AM »

First Republican Presidential Debate
September 22, 2015 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland OH.
Hosted by Fox News.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2018, 08:23:16 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 10:14:46 AM by terp40hitch »

Portman Debate Repsonse

Rob Portman-"I would like to start off by thanking Cleveland for the opportunity to debate my fellow Republicans.

I am Rob Portman, I am the senator from Ohio and I am ready to fight for real issues facing real Americans.

I will not fall into the partisan turmoil, I will talk about real issues because if not who will?"

Rob Portman-"I will not legalize marijuana, it is a gateway drug. Our country has people dying in our streets because people got hooked on drugs! You don't just start by shooting something up your arm you start small.

On the medical marijuana side, there is a pill that does the same thing. Continuing, marijuana like cigarettes heightens your risk of cancer, something that doctors don't tell them."

Rob Portman-"ISIS is one of the biggest foreign threats facing this nation today. They are gaining territory, they are making millions of dollars off oil production but President Obama rather not attack their oil tanker. If we cut off ISIS supply of oil, we destroy their money supply. Without money, ISIS will not be able to buy weapons and will not be able to expand."

Rob Portman-"Eight years ago President Obama stood in the coal countries in West Virginia and Ohio and promised us he would bring back good-paying jobs. Eight years later we just haven't seen what Obama promised. Not only in Coal Country but around the country the job growth has been slow and the people who voted for change eight years ago are asking again.

As president, I am going cut taxes for hardworking Americans and lift the burden of government regulations on business around the country. When I make a promise, I keep it!"

Rob Portman-"I am going to fight for the real American and the real issues impacting Americans. Our president is so out of touch he can't even call it the opioid epidemic and he can't call it radical Islamic terrorism. As president, I will balance the budget, lower taxes for everybody, attack ISIS at its source, fight human trafficking and fight the opioid epidemic!"
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2018, 06:57:51 PM by terp40hitch »

Rob Portman's schedule from September 19th to October 4th

September 19th to 21st

Cincinnati, Ohio: Debate Prep

September 22nd

Cleveland, Ohio: Debate

Cleveland, Ohio: Debate after-party fundraiser

September 23rd

Springfield, Illinois: Townhall with Portman

Chicago, Illinois: Fundraiser with Portman

September 24th

Des Moine, Iowa: Meet and Greet with Voters

Des Moine, Iowa: Meet with Lieutenant Governor Kim Reynolds

Iowa City, Iowa: Meet and Greet with Voters

Sioux City, Iowa: Townhall with Portman

September 25th

Columbia, South Carolina: Regester to be on the Ballot

Raleigh, North Carolina: Rally with Portman

Chatroulette, North Carolina: Townhall with Portman

September 26th

Virginia Beach, Virginia: Townhall with Portman

Norfolk, Virginia: Opening First Virginia Campaign Headquarters

September 27th

Barre, Vermont: Townhall with Portman

Burlington, Vermont: Meet and Greet with Voters

September 28th

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire: Meet and Greet with Voters

Manchester, New Hampshire: Endorsement Rally with Former Governor Judd Gregg

Nashua, New Hampshire: Fundraiser with Portman and Gregg

September 29th

Hart's Location, New Hampshire: Meet and Greet with Voters

September 30th

Nashua, New Hampshire: Opening Third New Hampshire Campaign Headquarters

Concord, New Hampshire: Meet and Greet with Volunteers at Campaign Headquarters

Concord, New Hampshire: Townhall with Portman and Gregg

October 1st

Carson City, Nevada: Endorsement Rally with Senator Dean Heller and Governor Brian Sandoval

Carson City, Nevada: Fundraiser with Heller, Sandoval, and Portman

Reno, Nevada: Opening Second Nevada Campaign Headquarters

October 2nd

Elko, Nevada: Meet and Greet with Voters

Las Vegas: Rally with Portman, Heller, and Sandoval

October 3rd

Fallon, Nevada: Meet and Greet with Voters

October 4th

Phoenix, Arizona: Meet with Governor Doug Ducey
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »

Mattis debate responses part 1

Opening:I’m General Jim Mattis or as my friends and even my worst enemies know me as “Mad Dog”
I am a veteran of many wars. I was a Lt in Lebanon and Panama and a Colonel in the Gulf War and Somalia and become a general in Afghanistan and Iraq. I am a well responded man on and off the battlefield and am well known to be a bipartisan force.

1.Well I have never used it my entire lifetime and I dont apporve Of it in public use. However if a person wants to do that in the private of their own business that is fine by me. I don’t want to get into their business so as I never want to get in their business. I personally believe with that said there are worst drugs out there like opioids that take hundreds of Amercian’s life every year.  And as President I will fight for a end to that crisis.

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »

Chris Chrsitie debate answers

Opening Statements
“Hello America! Thank you all for coming! You all don’t know how honored I am to be here tonight. I am running for President not because I want too, but because we need change in Washington. For 8 years this country has been run by Barack Obama. He has been a failed president. I will bring conservative values back to America. What this Government needs is a fixer-upper. And I’m gonna give it to all of you. There are Washington insiders here tonight, there are generals from our wonderful military. And there is a candidate who has guts. And that’s me.”

QUESTION 1
“First of all, no. I would not legalize it. Marijuana kills your brain cells. Why should soemthing that does that be legal? We will go into Colorado and the other states where it is legalized and we will remove it. We will crack down on Marijuana. However, for medical cases, If the case is extreme, then we can allow it. But only for certain cases.”

QUESTION 2
“We should send soldiers drones into these countries, find out who are members of Isis, and take them out. Send soldiers in to take out these members of Isis. I want to ensure that this country is in the best hands. I will enact a policy to do background checks on people coming to this country. We will allow more police officers to patrol the streets! The safety of our country is one of the most important things. I love this country”

CLOSING STATEMENTS
“America. Of all the candidates, who do you most trust leading this country? I am here to ensure the safety and well-being of all of you. I love you all. God bless, and good night!”

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »

Mattis debate answers part 2

2.President Obama and his cronies has weaken our milltary and have decided to decided to make our  competitors like China and Russia and our enemies like ISIS stronger.   He keeps using our money from the milltary and use it on expanding the worst thing of his entire presidency Obamacare. 

He is also arming groups and people who we don’t know about and in some cases he probably knows that they are terrorists and the enemy.   As President I will tell you now. ISIS will be  WASWAS  in a matter of a year.

Also as President I will prevent from Iran receiving any nuclear weapon of sorts.

Closing:Folks in this race I can say when it comes to Milltary matters that there is no one else as experienced and knows what he is doing when it comes to foreign policy. There is no one better when it comes to keeping this country safe and there is no one better to be ready on day 1 than me.

Thank you and good night
History505
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »

Rick Santorum Debate Answers

Opening: "Hello everyone! I first want to thank the debate moderator for hosting and I'm glad to be here in Ohio. Over the last 8 years, America has seen the decline of true moral values and has seen blue collar workers getting left behind. I entered this campaign because I believe with my record in the Senate for 12 years, I have the experience of both domestic and foreign experience. We need a candidate will campaign vigorously in the fall for a new vision for the country."

Question 1: "I agree with my opponents on this issue. I believe marijuana does not have any health benefits despite what some others may say. It impacts the body in negative ways and it is a shame life expectancy in the U.S. is lower than some countries in Europe. We need to fix that quickly, and promoting marijuana is not going to help. As President, I would most certainly not legalize it."

Question 2: "That's a great question. The thing we have to do about ISIS beyond our borders is that we have to enable more spying drones over the region where ISIS members could be camping out. We also need to start addressing ISIS by its name, radical Islamic terrorism. The way we should defend our borders is by having heightened security than we have ever had before, and make sure we are properly checking people when they come into this country."

Closing: "Folks, after 8 years, it's time for a change. It's time to elect someone who has the experience to do the job and not use the Presidency as on the job training. Thank you, God bless, and good night!"
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2018, 07:13:41 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 07:17:45 PM by ThatConservativeGuy »

Cruz Participates in First Republican Debate

"Hello everyone, I'm Ted Cruz; thank you for tuning-in this evening. Something is wrong in America. Under eight years of Barack Obama, the economy isn't working for our people the way it should, power is increasingly being concentrated in Washington DC, and America's image abroad has been tarnished.

I'm running for President because I believe with all my heart and soul that the systems and values that made this country great to begin with - free enterprise, family, and faith - are the only sure way to see a resurgent economy and a proud country again. I have a consistent record of fighting for these values, and I eagerly seek your support. Thank you!"

"I believe that Marijuana is a question that should be left to the states. The 10th Amendment leaves powers regarding the welfare, health, and morality of the people up to the states and the people. That said, I personally would vote against marijuana legalization. Legalization of marijuana should be fiercely fought against, at the state-level, all over this country. It's a drug that corrupts the minds of the youth and takes away the energetic spirit that makes America great, but again, the campaign against marijuana must be waged by concerned-citizens, not an over-bearing Federal Government."

"As President, I will do everything in my power to defeat this cancerous group, plaguing our world. First, I will do something this President has never done - call this evil by its name. We aren't simply fighting political extremists or insane radicals - we are fighting radical Islamic terrorism. It's essential to properly identify your enemy before you can fight him.

Next, on day one as President, I will end the micromanagement of the military we have seen under Barack Obama and loosen the rules of engagement, allowing our forces to fully engage the enemy when we encounter them. We can't defeat ISIS with one hand tied behind our back.

On the home front, I will implement harsh and thorough vetting of all immigrants and refugees coming from the Middle East into our country to ensure we never have another ISIS-led attack on our soil."

"I'd ask any of my opponents to look at history. There's a reason kids don't read about a President Dole or a President McCain or a President Romney in their civics classes. When Republicans nominate wishy-washy moderates, WE LOSE! When Republicans actually stick to their guns and run on bold, fearless conservative ideas, WE WIN! Look at 1980 and 84 with Ronald Reagan and the Midterms of 1994 and 2010 with historic Republican landslides. Our ideas win; we just have to have a presidential candidate brave enough to stick to them. I am that candidate."

"America, this is a critical election. We can continue on the path of decline and defeat or we can choose to embrace a new American optimism that says liberty, free enterprise, and the Constitution are the best ways to solve America's current problems. As President, I will always fight for you and make sure you have your shot at the American dream! Thank you, and God bless you!"
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »

Mattis campaigns in Iowa about immigrantion reform

There is a problem and it’s a big one that no one seems to talk about. That is the problem of illegal immigration.  We need to build a fence across the Mexican border so that we can prevent people who try to come over here illegally and who are not documented can not sneak it.  More illegal immigrants have came in through our border into our country ever since Obama took office.  His attempts of taking on the issue has been weak and failures. 

His attempted reform allowed a surge in illegal immigrants that come in here and take over our jobs and our companies and keep more amercians out of work. 

As President we will strengthen our border and make sure that no one gets into this country without breaking the law. Thank you!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 04:46:58 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2018, 07:16:19 PM by terp40hitch »

Rob Portman's Second Advertistment Buy

We Won the Debate

Bought in New Hampshire, Nevada, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Virginia

Rob Portman(Quote at Debate After Party)-"We won the Debate, we didn't use rhetoric and we didn't use attacks."

Narrator-"Senator Portman talked about issues that mattered to people across the country. This why people across the country are joining his campaign."

Rob Portman-"Please join my campaign because as president I will fight for the issues I campaign on, something that doesn't happen much anymore."

"Paid For By Portman For President"
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2018, 04:14:57 PM »

First Democratic Presidential Debate
September 22, 2015 in Las Vegas NV.
Hosted by CNN.

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 05:32:50 PM »

Phil Bredesen Debate Answers

Hello Las Vegas, Nevada. City of Sin in one of the most beautiful states ever. As a former governor from a Southern State, it is my honor to be here to answer the questions that many Americans have on their minds right now.

I want you all to close your eyes and think what I'm about to say and how it will all affect you and your Family. The Affordable Care Act was perhaps one of the best things done Healthcare Wise in the last decade, don't get me wrong, but it needs some work. I really despise the way on how it was passed, not a single republican vote. A very Partisan way it was passed. What I want to do is reform the Affordable Care Act. It's become to centralized on the Government. I want to lower the Health Care Rates completely and I would like for a full on reformation. I will create 56 separate Health Care Companies, including the ones for the territories of the United States, and then I will expand it to have dozens Healthcare companies per state with little to no Government involvement in it. If you don't want it, you won't get it or be forced to get it. I call this ideal reform Statecare and I even asked a few experts how my plans would go the other day, and a large majority said that the reform would work out well. My idea still stands, this is to reform the ACA and not repeal it.

Great question. I want to make this very clear. I very much opposed the war in Iraq and while I supported the War in Afghanistan for the time when it began, I can safely say that both have become an unwinnable war that we continuously send troops into. I want that to stop just as much as the next guy. What I want to do is withdraw all but 7,500 soldiers and have those soldiers train the Afghanistan army for 5 years before I withdraw them for them to finally end the Taliban. We have done this in the past with the Kuomintang in the Chinese Civil War, the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, South Vietnam, and South Korea. Each time, such an idea helped, either in a small way or a big way. The point is clear though: No more American lives must be lost to keep up this war. Our tactics have changed a lot since the Gulf War and it's time we train our best allies in these tactics to help them fight against their enemies. Once that is done, then we can truly say "Mission Accomplished".

I want to make one thing very clear. We, as a country, can never really be 100% safe. Such an idea is fictitious at best. The thing that can increase the odds is 2 simple things: We respect the rights of ordinary citizens and we prepare. When I say respect the rights of Ordinary citizens, I'm talking about the second amendment. People want to talk about how it was mainly meant for muskets and that the founding fathers could never have the idea that Technology would progress like it has with machine gun and the like. You'd be wrong in thinking that way. There was the Belton Flintlock, which could fire 20 or more rounds in the pull of one trigger in about 5 seconds. That was around during the Revolutionary war. The Puckle Gun, an early Gatling gun that was developed 60 years before the Revolutionary war. Finally, there was the pepperbox revolvers could hold up to 20 rounds and were developed hundreds of years before the constitution. James Madison actually signed a letter of Marque and Reprisal that gave private ownership to a ship with cannons.

Now, you may be asking why I'm saying all this. I'm saying it because I believe that we should realize that Citizens with guns should be allowed as they can defend themselves when the Cops cannot help them. A thing we must all remember that before the Halocaust, the Nazis took away the Gun Rights of each and every Jewish Citizen before killing them. Am I saying that we should allow full on assault weapons? No, of course not. There is no need for such a thing anywhere except on the Battlefield. A Rifle or Handgun could do just fine by itself. That's how we can be ready.

Another thing is we are spying on the lives of each and every citizen for being a suspected terrorist. I don't know about you, but I don't want the Government to be in my private life. What I will do to protect our Country from Domestic Terrorism is to let Normal Citizens own their weapons that are needed and have our government spy on those who have done incredibly shaky things recently instead of spying on everyone. If you want some more help, I will add an additional $2.5 Billion to our Domestic Defense budget while shrinking our military's by about 13%. We will plan and make as many plans as possible to stop Domestic Terrorism when and where we can but, as a wise man once said, "Plans don''t survive contact with the enemy." That's why It'll be up to you, the American Citizen, to do your part and help stop Domestic Terror when we cannot.

America, 8 years ago, we gave President Obama one of the biggest chances he could ever get. He has done a great many things during his presidency but he has also been beaten back some by the Republicans in Congress. As I have said before, and as I am sure many can tell from my Debate responses here today, I'm a moderate, a Centrist, born from the mold of JFK and Bill Clinton. I'm here to offer an alternative to the Progressives, whom I do respect a bit and thank them for servicing their country, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who I also respect greatly but has had her fair share of Scandals. I hope to be your Nominee and if not, it is my honor to be campaigning here for all of you. Thank you.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2018, 11:17:04 PM by x-Guy »

Rand Paul GOP 1st Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
"Well first off let me just say this before we begin this debate. Tonight is a very important night for many Americans. Its in this debate in which you'll be able to see each and every candidate for who they are and what they represent. Ever since I have been in the senate my first priority was never partisan politics. Instead it was defending our rights and working towards enshrining our beloved constitution! My fellow Americans I hope to meet or exceed your expectations tonight. We know that after these dreadful eight years of the last Administration, we could do so much more together and make real progress every step of the way! It is my great hope that I can serve all of you as the next President of the United States!"

(Question 1)

(Answer)
"Well I've always been a believer in the tenth amendment. I believe its essential that when we face the issues such Marijuana legalization are left to the states and to the people! I don't believe that it should be decided by the President, the bureaucratic government or Washington. We need to make sure that the ones who have the final say are the people instead of the politicians! Now with that being said let me just add that its worrying that other candidates standing here tonight have stated they would not allow it to be legalized. It appears as though myself and Ted Cruz are the only ones here tonight that took the tenth amendment into account. Fact of the matter is the President shouldn't have the power over deciding whether all states should illegalize or legalize Marijuana regardless. Such thinking is simply unacceptable. The government should not overstep its constitutional boundaries and infringe on states rights! Now personally I don't land on either side on the debate of Marijuana's effects but nonetheless as President if you feel as though your state should make marijuana legal or illegal than I certainly won't infringe their constitutional right!"

(Question 2)

(Answer)
"Of course one of the biggest issues that I must face as the potential President is handling ISIS. Now let me just say I am glad Mr. Cruz and I am able to call this menace by it's name and that name is Radical Islamic Terrorism. We first want to make sure that we can look into the records of more terrorists and no innocent American. The war on terror has unfortunately led us to a surveillance state in many ways with the NSA collecting records of thousands upon thousands of innocent Americans and as President I would do my very best to not only combat ISIS and those who threaten our values of freedom but to also ensure that our freedoms are not violated in the process!"

"As President I think it's important that when we combat ISIS we avoid putting troops on the ground when possible. We need to make sure we aren't wasting lives when combating ISIS. However, I find it essential that we unshackle the generals and the military in order to make sure that the ones who are strategizing are those with experience of battle instead of incompetent bureaucrats or politicians. However, we must make sure that when we make any major decision that it is approved by congress. For so many years America has been able to get away with so many things without the approval of congress and as President that's what I would want to do, have approval by the Representatives and the Senators elected by the people of this nation!"

"When it comes to protecting our country from this threat I believe it begins with fixing our terrible immigration system for the purpose of national security. What I would want to propose is a stoppage of immigration from various countries that have a vast and concerning amount of radical Islamist terrorist movements because we need to know who is coming into our country and what their intentions are. In fact all 19 hijackers responsible for 9/11 entered our nation legally through our heavily flawed immigration system that is still heavily flawed in many ways today."

(Question 3)

(Answer)
"Well I think its quite obvious many republicans listening know my disdain for Obamacare. I was one of the most prominent republicans who have advocated for the repeal of Obamacare. I think its safe to say this is going to be a main goal I will work towards as President. You see for quite sometime we have recognized that Obamacare has gone into a death spiral as many other politicians have described before. My plan is simple and the goals are simple. Not only would I repeal Obamacare, but I would make efforts to construct a system in which it could make the future of healthcare more affordable and more Americans are insured. My plan would be to legalize ALL forms of health insurance to be sold. This will allow more competition in the healthcare market and give Americans MORE choice. We are essentially going to expand the market in healthcare in whichever way we can which I believe to be the most effective way in solving this issue."

"My fellow Americans this election will be one of great importance. You have the great power of choosing the destiny of this country's future. After 8 years of little progress having been made we know that we have it in our power to accomplish so much in little time. My fellow Americans, our country needs a different path. A path of prosperity, liberty, and hope for all Americans! I hope to lead us towards that path as the next President of the United States! Thank you & god bless you!"
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »

I'll need an extension. Something alarming has happened here.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2018, 01:25:18 PM »

State Polling:

Democrats:

Iowa:
Phil Bredesen: 22%
Hillary Clinton: 19%
Mark Dayton: 17%
Joe Sestak: 13%
Janet Napolitano: 10%
Bernie Sanders: 9%
Deval Patrick: 6%
Jim Hodges: 3%
Undecided: 3%

New Hampshire:
Mark Dayton: 22%
Phil Bredesen: 19%
Hillary Clinton: 17%
Bernie Sanders: 14%
Janet Napolitano: 8%
Deval Patrick: 6%
Joe Sestak: 3%
Jim Hodges: 1%
Undecided: 10%

Republicans:

Iowa:
Ted Cruz: 26%
Rob Portman: 20%
Rand Paul: 19%
Rick Santorum: 12%
Jim Mattis: 7%
Chris Christie: 4%

Undecided: 12%

New Hampshire:
Rob Portman: 28%
Rand Paul: 23%
Ted Cruz: 15%
Jim Mattis: 9%
Chris Christie: 7%
Rick Santorum: 7%

Undecided: 12%

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »

Phil Bredesen ad "why I'm running" set to air in New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee from September 18th-October 6th

After it was uploaded to Youtube, it received a million views overnight and became #11 on Trending.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »

James Mattis campaign ad called Proven

*A voice over is heard* He is a proven leader.

Feared on the battlefield

A man who has answer to the call of duty many times.

Is not knee deep in the swamp of Washington.

He will take on Washington corruption and the swamp

He will get Amercia back on its two feet and work again.

He will defeat Isis and bring Amercia into another age of prosperity.

He’s James Mattis and he approves this message.

(Like Bressen’s ad this one also goes viral)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »

Dayton drops out and endorses Bernie Sanders for President,

(Sorry guys; with the crap going down at my home, I don't have time to participate in this game anymore,)
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2018, 09:25:49 PM by ThatConservativeGuy »

Cruz Campaign Schedule: September 20th - October 4th

September 20th - Speech in Nashua, New Hampshire on the National Debt

"Hello fellow courageous conservatives! I'm here today in Nashua to talk about an issue that not only affects every single one of us but will also greatly affect the lives of our children and grandchildren - the national debt.

During the economic hardships of the last eight years, Americans in New Hampshire and all across this country have had to tighten their budgets, make tough financial choices, and live within their means. When money is tight, you can't go on wild spending sprees and live like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately, this is something the Federal Government seems to completely forget. Despite the fact that our country is nearly $20 trillion in debt, politicians in Washington want to grow and grow federal spending and then claim that the deficits we see are because you, the hard-working people of America, are not taxed enough. That is fundamentally wrong, and it's bankrupting the future of our children.

As President, I will ensure that we have a government that lives within its means and stops robbing from the future. I will submit a budget proposal to congress that cuts wasteful spending, eliminates unnecessary departments and agencies, and ensures that we have a balanced budget. As the debt grows, the prospects for a bright and sound future shrink. I will reverse this trend and make sure that the country our kids and grand-kids inherit is every bit as great, even greater, than the one we inherited. Thank you so much and God bless the United States of America!"

September 21st - Continue Barnstorming in Nashua, NH.

September 22nd - Participate in 1st Republican Debate

September 23rd - Travel to Charleston, SC and Meet Voters

"South Carolina has been one of the states hardest-hit by the failed Obama-economy. It was an honor to be on the ground with everyday Americans in Charleston and hear their concerns. They've seen their wages go down, their confidence wane, and their government fail them. The people of South Carolina know that we need a strong, conservative fighter to shake up Washington and unleash the potential of the American economy and the American people. I will be that fighter."

September 24th - Hold Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC.

"Look, I've got to tell you all, the enthusiasm our campaign is seeing here in South Carolina is truly incredible. Our message of limited government, liberty, and common-sense American values is resonating in profound way. I ask for your continued prayers and support throughout this campaign. God bless you all!"

September 25th - Travel to New York, Guest Star on Stephen Colbert

From CBS News: "Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night. The two sparred on matters such as the federal role in marriage, the success of tax cuts, and the legacy of Ronald Reagan. Despite this, the debate never got out of hand and Cruz handled himself well, seeming presidential as he calmly and wittily answered Colbert's questions."

September 26th - Leave NY for Exeter, NH - Hold Town Hall

From the Associated Press: "Earlier today, Senator Ted Cruz held a town hall meeting with voters in Exeter, New Hampshire. He answered a large volume of questions ranging from topics such as taxes, the national debt, and the Iran Deal. After leaving the town hall, one attendee remarked "I was never a big Cruz guy, but today, after hearing him give solid answers to tough questions, I am seriously considering giving him my vote."

September 27th - Return to Iowa, Attend Church Services at Baptist Church in Cedar Rapids

September 28th - Speak to supporters in Sioux Center, IA

"I want to let you all in on a little secret- this primary season, I believe the person Iowa chooses to be our nominee will be the next President of The United States... let's just hope it's me."
*Crowd laughs*

September 29th - Rest day, Visit Ice Cream Parlor in Sioux Center, IA with Daughters

September 30th, 2015 - Hold Meet and Greet in Diner - Dubuque, IA

"I want to thank you all for coming out this afternoon. Hopefully you're here for more than just the great food. *chuckles*

Our country is headed down the path towards European Socialism, where the government takes more and more of what you earn and treats you less as a sovereign citizen and more as a subject. We need to embrace the values that made America great and resist the siren song of big-government. I have spent my career leading that resistance. I ask for your support. Thank you!"

October 1st - 4th - Visit various Ted Cruz Campaign Offices Around Iowa

"I am so pleased to be able to join with you today. Without you, our message of liberty and American optimism would be lost in the wind. You all are the ones putting in the hard work to make sure our campaign succeeds. I am indebted to each and every one of you. Thank you so much for believing in me; I will NOT let you down! God bless you!"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies