Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:48:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10560 times)
History505
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2018, 04:51:55 PM by History505 »

Rick Santorum Ad on Ted Cruz In Iowa

Voiceover: Ted Cruz says he fights for conservative values... but does he really?

Voiceover: When you are opposed to same-same sex but then have fidelity towards the 10th Amendment that says same-sex marriage should be left to the states, you are not a true conservative...

Voiceover: Rick Santorum spent 12 years in the Senate fighting for conservative values without wavering to anybody or having exceptions. Iowa deserves better.

Voiceover: Rick Santorum- A True Fighter Of Conservatism

"I'm Rick Santorum and I approve this message."
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »

Mattis campaigns in Iowa on promises

I see these politicians coming out here especially in Iowa promising all this hope and change like people can believe a lie twice.  We had this bad in 2008 we thought Mr Obama was going to take on the fat cats and Washington and it turn out not to be the case.  He been what he exactly what he promised not to be!

Amercia needs someone that isn’t in the lake of the Washington swamp and elect someone who means what he says.

If you want that than vote for Mattis!!
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 06:23:18 PM »

Cruz Response Ad to Rick Santorum in Iowa

Narrator: For the last 8 years, America has had to endure a President who ignores the Constitution and takes power away from the states and the people and transfers it to Washington. Now, we have a Republican running for office wanting to do the same...

Narrator: Rick Santorum, just like Barack Obama, trusts the Federal government to handle the issue of marriage.

Narrator: Ted Cruz trusts YOU! The Constitution gives no power to Washington to handle the issue of marriage, so it must be handled by the states and the American people.

Narrator: Tell Rick, we don't need another big-government politician telling society what marriage should be. Vote for Ted Cruz, the true conservative!

"I'm Ted Cruz and I approve this message"

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 06:41:58 PM »

Rob Portman Interview with New Hampshire Union Leader

Question-"So many of the other candidates from both parties have already started to try to destroy their opponents records, will you start attacking your opponents."

Rob Portman-"I will never attack my fellow Republicans for cheap political gain, that is not what people what to hear.  People want to hear what affects them and that is what I am doing, that is why my campaign has made human trafficking and the opioid epidemic a key part of my campaign."
History505
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 07:12:17 PM »

Rick Santorum speaks at a Iowa GOP County Convention

"Senator Santorum got a well-received response when he spoke at a Iowa GOP county convention in Waterloo, Iowa. He took some questions about his campaign policies and noted the significance of the Iowa Caucus. "You have the most important duty of looking each candidate in the eye and knowing who will stand up for you", the Senator said. He also outlined his differences with Senator Cruz and talked about his wavering on certain conservative issues.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 07:24:22 PM »

Phil Bredesen interview with Wolf Blitzer of CNN

WOLF: Greetings everyone. Today, we are having an interview with the current Democratic Front-runner, Former Tennessee Governor, Phil Bredesen. It's great to have you, Phil.

PHIL: It's great to be here, Wolf.

WOLF: Phil, I have several questions for you but if any of them crosses the line for you, let me know.

PHIL: *chuckles* Don't worry, Wolf, I can handle it.

WOLF: First, I would like to ask what you mean when you are a combination of John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton hybrid politician?

PHIL: Well, Wolf, I think it's very obvious as to why. I support Tax Cuts and have generally Centrist views for a Democrat. Interesting to note, I was brought up as a potential Front-runner for the party in 2008 because of my Centrist views.

WOLF: No kidding. Alright, next question: You have recently been attacked on your Conservative views, with several fellow Candidates stating that your views don't represent the party. What is your response to them?

PHIL: Yeah, I'm a Conservative Democrat, but I also have Centrist and Moderate views. There's a reason why I won all 95 counties in Tennessee, a very Republican State, for re-election as Governor in 2006. I guess that being a Conservative is very bad in this country simply because I have different views. I don't take offense to that However. As everyone has a right to their own opinion.

WOLF: and the claims that you won't represent the Progressives as the party?

PHIL: I want to represent anyone in my party. That's why I've created an official Email to ask me questions personally to the best of my Ability. Also, no offense to Obama, but I don't see the National Surplus a Centrist Bill Clinton gave us in the 90s. Yes, I see a shrinking Debt, but not a surplus. As I said, No disrespect to President Obama and Vice President Biden, but I think the party needs to be changed in a more Centrist direction. That's why, if I'm elected President, I'll be one for Conservatives, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Latin Americans, African Americans, Whites, Moderates, Centrists, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. No matter what, I'll be the leader for them.

WOLF: Thanks for the insight. Several opponents of yours have claimed that you are the establishment candidate and that you need to be put down. How do you respond?

PHIL: If People think I'm the Establishment Candidate, then I won't mind. They have the right to do such a thing and I won't argue with them on it. I might even agree with them a little. But I'm the different kind of Establishment Candidate. Instead of bowing down and doing what my Establishment wants me to do, I will simply say to them "No. I don't care what you think. I won't bow to you because you think you own me. I'll be President for all of America, not for your interests, but for theirs." I am already letting that be seen by letting you choose to fund me Online and being paid mostly from my Company. I never accepted Gubernatorial pay during my tenure as Governor of Tennessee and I refuse any type of big money pay so the voter can make their choice on me financially.

WOLF: Thanks for that rather lengthy answer, Phil. We just have 2 more questions left to ask you. First, you have claimed that Obama only won because he faced two Flawed Candidates while Deval Patrick claims that your own idols in Bill Clinton and John F. Kennedy had flawed Candidates facing them as well and it certainly wasn't Obama's fault. How do you respond?

PHIL: Well, I know that Nixon, Bush, Dole, McCain, and Romney were all very bad Candidates. 1992 and '96 were years were the Democrats got the luck of the draw and destroyed both Bush and Dole in two consecutive landslides. At the same time, Kennedy won in several states with just enough votes to carry them and be Elected against Nixon. Goldwater is the very example of a seriously flawed Candidate. In 2000, Gore almost won several Southern states but lost them, only barely, to Bush Jr. Now, Romney was a very flawed Candidate, no doubt about that, but I think the Progressives are losing the key demographics in the white working class, Moderates, and Independents. As the Nominee, I hope to rally everyone around the Democratic banner.

WOLF: Final Question: Currently, Republican Front-runner Ted Cruz may be able to defeat a Democrat come November. As the Nominee, how would you challenge Cruz?

PHIL: Well, Wolf, it's a long time until the Convention, so nothing is for certain yet, but as the Nominee, I would focus on the Moderates, Centrists, and Conservatives of this country. It's time for a candidate that everyone can rally behind and, while I have strong respect for my opponents, I doubt they would be able to fight Cruz in a fair Election.

WOLF: Thank you for answering all these questions Phil. It was an honor to have you on.

PHIL: it was an honor to be on. Thank you.

After the interview, a poll was done and it showed that Phil Bredesen had 63% of approve from the poll, though many are still unsure about Bredesen, some agree he may be able to keep and even expand his lead if he continues to be focused.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »

Endorsement Speech from Senator Ed Markey

Markey: Since he took office in 2006, I have been proud to serve a state governed by Deval Patrick. He has consistently shown support for progressive causes such as energy independence, health care, and the minimum wage. As a Democrat and member of the Progressive Caucus, I can say that Patrick is the ideal candidate to unite the party and defeat the Republicans next November.

Endorsement speech from Senator Amy Klobuchar

Klobuchar: As a former County Attorney, I know what a good negotiator looks like. And Deval Patrick certainly is one. As President, Deval would fight for bipartisan legislation pertaining to infrastructure, education, and civil rights without caving to the Republicans. Deval Patrick is the candidate who will set America on the best path, and that's why I'm endorsing him.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »

GOVERNOR  CHRIS CHRISTIE MAKES APPEARENCE ON LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON. DANCES!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2018, 08:17:15 PM by Jaguar4life »

James Mattis on social media

Ted Cruz is too extreme for the Republican Party. He will cost us swing states and usually red states if he is the nominee.
History505
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »

Reporter asks Santorum about Christie dance on Fallon

"Senator Santorum was asked about Governor Christie's dance on Fallon by an ABC reporter and said he enjoyed it. "The campaign season can get rough, and it is nice to see a candidate having a little fun on the campaign trail", the Senator said.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:57 PM »

Cruz Responds to Mattis Criticism

"I have the utmost respect for General Mattis. He is a hero who has served our country honorably and with great valor, but I have to respectfully disagree with his recent comments about me.

Over the past two decades, the Republican Party has continuously nominated moderate candidates like Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. These are good, decent men, but they have failed, time and time again, to energize the conservative base and take back the White House.

What our party needs is not another moderate, but instead an unapologetic conservative who will take the Republican case to the American people. I am the candidate to do just that. Thank you."

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »

Dayton 2016

September 1st
-Open campaign in Minneapolis
-Organise national campaign committee
-Set up campaign website

September 2-9

Dayton criss-crossed Iowa these days, spending time mostly in the farmland of the state, pushing his pro-small farmer agenda, promising to enact legislation to protect small farmers from major agricultural companies seeking to buy up land. he also toured the major cities, holding a major rally in Des Moines, where he repeatedly slammed Republicans for being aainst everything Obama does, from enacting a Gingrich-approved healthcare program, to a foreign policy that most Republicans would be pushing for.

Septermber 10-19

These 9 days were spent in New Hampshire, as Dayton attempted to rally support from urban liberals, focusing on his populist economic message. He called out banks for their roles in the financial crisis, and pointed to the results of his progressive policies in Minnesota as proof that they work. He also called for a greater investment in education and for a national single-payer program.
History505
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2018, 11:19:52 PM »

Santorum picks up endorsements from Foster Friess and Joni Ernst
 "Senator Santorum got endorsements from GOP conservative donor Friess and Senator Ernst of Iowa. Friess indicated he endorsed Santorum because he is a conservative that actually does what he says as he showed action in the U.S. Senate for 12 years. He said he would be donating to the Santorum campaign and will now officially be on the Santorum team. Senator Ernst endorsed not so long after Friess and said all Iowans must take a serious look at Santorum."
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2018, 12:56:13 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2018, 01:02:48 AM by ThatConservativeGuy »

Cruz Receives Endorsements From Major Iowa Political Figures

From the Associated Press:
"Earlier today, Senator and presidential candidate Ted Cruz received the endorsements of Iowa Governor Terry Branstad and senior Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley. Both men praised Cruz as a 'true conservative' who was 'dedicated to the cause of turning America back towards economic revival and Constitutional principles'. This is especially remarkable given Cruz's opposition to ethanol subsidies, a major issue that many Iowans support. At this point, much of Iowa's political establishment is in the Cruz camp."
History505
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 08:35:38 AM »

Santorum Speech In Greensville, South Carolina
Rick Santorum: "Hello Greensville! *crowd cheers* It's great to be back in the great state of South Carolina and no, I did not forget about you! *crowd laughs* I decided to enter this race because I believed
after 8 years of liberal policies, the blue-collar working class Americans have had enough and are ready for a change. You want someone with foreign policy experience? I have it as I served 8 years on the Armed Services Committee. You want someone who who actually fights for you? Just look at my my record of how I fought in the Senate chamber for 12 years. When push comes to shove, everyone in South Carolina will have to make a choice, do you want a candidate who just talks or a candidate who has actually gotten things done? So I urge all of you here to get on the Santorum team if you want a true conservative who cares for you and will work for it, God bless!" *crowd cheers*
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »

Governor Christie gets endorsement from Scott Brown
Today, Senator Scott Brown endorsed Chris Christie, saying “Chris Christie is the only one who is qualified to lead this country. He has the experience to run this country the right way. I’m happy to be casting my vote for him! Together we can truly fix America!”
Speculation has it that if Christie is the nominee, he will give Brown a cabinet position.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »

James Mattis appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live

General “Mad Dog” James Mattis appear last night on Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel last night in which he talked about why he decided to run and how he got the name “Mad Dog” And In a humorous skit he trained Jimmy Kimmel as if he was a Marine Recurit in boot camp. 

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2018, 12:00:40 PM »

James Mattis appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live

General “Mad Dog” James Mattis appear last night on Late Night with Jimmy Kimmel last night in which he talked about why he decided to run and how he got the name “Mad Dog” And In a humorous skit he trained Jimmy Kimmel as if he was a Marine Recurit in boot camp. 

Governor Christie’s Response
“I thought this was a very entertaining sketch! I’m glad Mad Dog is also having fun on the campaign trail. I can’t wait to meet him on the debate stage! Maybe together we can defeat Ted Cruz and the rest of the corrupt Washington politicians!”
History505
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2018, 01:08:27 PM »

Santorum talks about his role in gang of seven and credentials in Ruby, South Carolina

"Senator Santorum went to Ruby, South Carolina after his visit in Greensville and discussed his role in the gang of seven and how he is an "outsider with insider experience". He talked about how he knows the good and bad politicians as he fought them with exposing a House banking scandal when he was a U.S House Rep. in the early 1990s. "I've spent the last 9 years as a private citizen and I have not been attached to the Washington machine for nearly a decade, but when I was in Washington, I went there to fight!", the Senator responded. He then later added experience will be a big thing in this election.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »

Chris Christie talks about Ted Cruz

“Hello! Thank you all for coming! First of all, I’d like to say how great it is to be here in Charleston South Carolina. This is a beautiful city! But the thing I want to talk to you about... is Republican Frontrunner Ted Cruz. As my good friend Rick Santorum, and our wonderful general James Mattis will probably agree, Ted isn’t ready to lead. He’s not. Look, Ted is a fantastic guy, but I tell it like it is, and he’s not ready. He’s not a strong enough candidate to defeat the democrats and take back the White House! However, I will be able to!
*Crowd Cheers*
Thank you! Senator Cruz is a Washington insider who doesn’t have the experience to lead. He’s been a failed senator for Texas!
Thank you all! I love you! And God Bless!”
*the crowd started chanting*
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2018, 08:15:56 PM by ThatConservativeGuy »

Cruz Holds Rally in South Carolina - Addresses Critics

"Hello my good friends of Charleston, South Carolina! God bless each of you for coming out tonight. Thank you for standing with me on this journey to re-ignite the American dream!

I heard that the other day, Governor Chris Christie came to your wonderful city and instead of talking about a plan for creating jobs, rebuilding our military, or strengthening the moral fiber of America, he talked about me!

He attacked my record as being one of an insider. In reality, I've spent my adult life fighting for the Constitution and American liberty, as the Solicitor General of Texas and now as a Senator from that state. Often in those cases, I wasn't the most popular guy with my colleagues because I NEVER went in with the intention of going along to get along. I've been a disruptor, fighting for real change!

In response, I will not attack Governor Christie's record or get down in the partisan mud. Instead, I will remind him that the people of Charleston and of this country deserve better than petty political attacks and grandstanding from people running for President. They deserve to hear our plans! I've been consistent in sticking to the issues that affect America, and I wish others would do the same.

I hope you all continue to walk with me on this journey to take back the White House! I will be a President that fights for jobs, family, and freedom!

Thank you, and may God bless the great state of South Carolina!"
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 06:54:59 PM »

Cruz Holds Rally in South Carolina - Addresses Critics

"Hello my good friends of Charleston, South Carolina! God bless each of you for coming out tonight. Thank you for standing with me on this journey to re-ignite the American dream!

I heard that the other day, Governor Chris Christie came to your wonderful city and instead of talking about a plan for creating jobs, rebuilding our military, or strengthening the moral fiber of America, he talked about me!

He attacked my record as not being one of an insider. In reality, I've spent my adult life fighting for the Constitution and American liberty, as the Solicitor General of Texas and now as a Senator from that state. Often in those cases, I wasn't the most popular guy with my colleagues because I NEVER went in with the intention of going along to get along. I've been a disruptor, fighting for real change!

In response, I will not attack Governor Christie's record or get down in the partisan mud. Instead, I will remind him that the people of Charleston and of this country deserve better than petty political attacks and grandstanding from people running for President. They deserve to hear our plans! I've been consistent in sticking to the issues that affect America, and I wish others would do the same.

I hope you all continue to walk with me on this journey to take back the White House! I will be a President that fights for jobs, family, and freedom!

Thank you, and may God bless the great state of South Carolina!"
Governor Christie responds with Twitter video

“Listen Ted. I know what you were thinking. Man up, say it... I’m fat. You are running  a nasty campaign and you are feeding these wonderful people lies. It’s a shame! I’m very excited to crush you on the debate stage! But not literally!”
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »

Christie Gives Speech in Las Vegas Nevada

“Hello! I’m very humbled to be in front of so many wonderful people! In the wonderful state of Nevada! I love you all! Now, today I’ve come to talk about something very important: Drugs. Many politicians are trying to get weed legalized! Some states have it legalized! I don’t support it. If elected I will crack down on weed and all other non-prescription drugs. This leads to death in America. I will force it out of the states that legalized it! Do you think God likes it when you abuse these substances? I will make rehab easier for those who are addicted to other drugs. I love this country and want to see it prosper. I don’t want to see our youth dying from these drugs. Our youth are some of the most important people in the country. They are the future. I won’t let them destroy themselves! Thank you all! And God Bless”
The speech was well recieved
History505
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »

Santorum heads back to his hotel in South Carolina after another day of campaigning

"After spending time campaigning in most of South Carolina for the majority of the day, Senator Santorum headed to a Holiday Inn hotel in Ruby, South Carolina and called it a day. The Senator said he plans to head back to Iowa tomorrow and visit many more small Iowan towns to continue to spread his message across the great state."
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2018, 08:17:06 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2018, 08:22:51 PM by terp40hitch »

Portman's Last Pre-Debate Rally

Columbus, Ohio

Rob Portman-"It has been a crazy year and an even more crazy year to come. Before I get into the nitty-gritty I want to thank you all for your continuing support of my campaign, your friendship means a lot to the campaign and to my family.

I would like to start off tonight with bringing real issues to light that I have seen affect millions of Americans across the country. I have listened to people around the country they are suffering because of both human trafficking and opioid epidemic.The only campaign to have a real plan to battle the opioid epidemic and human trafficking is the Portman campaign.

Earlier this week I told the New Hampshire Union Leader that I will not be attacking my opponents but tonight I have to break that rule because of what Governor Christie said in Nevada earlier today. I used to respect Governor Christie but tonight I have lost my respect, He said these drug addicts look like criminals in God's eyes. These are not criminals these are people who fell into the wrong path and instead of forcing them into jails we must help them.

Before I head on my plane to go to the first debate I would like everybody to know that as president you can lay your children to bed knowing that they are not in danger.

Thank you, Thank you. Off to the Debate!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies