War For America - An Alternate 2016 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  War For America - An Alternate 2016 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: War For America - An Alternate 2016 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 3179 times)
History505
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »

October 16th, 2015: Trenton, New Jersey
Campaign Announcement

"Hello everyone! Today, I have a very special important announcement to make. I'm officially running for President of the United States! Over the last 8 years, we have seen the country going in the wrong direction under the leadership of this President. We need someone who has executive experience and does not use the presidency as "on the job training". When I first became governor of New Jersey, I combated high taxes that my predecessor left after his tenure and helped grow New Jersey's economy since 2009. We need to tell it like it is when dealing with ISIS and not be afraid to call them out for who they really are, "radical Islamic terrorists." I am looking forward to meeting with every voter and listening and discussing the issues at hand. I hope I can earn your support on the campaign trail, God bless!"
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 07:57:22 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2018, 08:34:10 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

2nd Republican Debate

Las Vegas, Nevada - October 23rd, 2015

All Republican Candidates are invited to Attend. You Can reply to other Candidates but don’t make them 10 post arguments. Be sure to spell and reference everything carefully as any mistake you make will become a Gaffe.

General Questions

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Candidate Specific Questions

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2018, 08:32:30 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

2nd Democratic Debate

Pittsburg, Pennsylvania - October 19th, 2015

All Democratic Candidates are invited to Attend. You Can reply to other Candidates but don’t make them 10 post arguments. Be sure to spell and reference everything carefully as any mistake you make will become a Gaffe.

General Questions

Candidate Specific Questions

loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2018, 07:32:38 AM »

October 2015 Kander Campaign Schedule

October 1: After meeting with Voters, Kander spoke at a rally in Las Vegas, highlighting the Central American Refugee Crisis.

October 2: Kander traveled east to Henderson Nevada and hosted a town hall

October 3-7: Kander hosted campaign events across Clark and Southern Nye County

October 8: Kander hosted a rally in Reno, where he talks about foreign policy.

October 9: Kander Flew to Des Moines, Iowa.

October 10: Kander hosted a Rally in Des Moines with Iowa AFL-CIO leaders where he highlighted his fair trade policies and opposition to right to work laws.

October 11-15: Kander barnstormed around Southern Iowa.

October 16-18: Kander returned to Missouri where he got rest, debate prep, as well as speaking on MSNBC and CNN.

October 19: Kander flew to PA to participate in the Debate.

October 20-22: Kander met voters in Pittsburgh and Erie.

October 20: Kander hosted an online Town Hall streamed on youtube and sponsored by votevets.org, who has also endorsed him. He highlighted the need to strengthen the VA and reacted to the news in Turkey.

October 24: Kander flew to Charleston, South Carolina.

October 25-29: Kander hosted several town halls and rallies around South Carolina.

October 30: Kander flew Back to his Campaign Headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri.

October 31: Kander hosted a Halloween Party with his volunteers and staff.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »

THE SITUATION ROOM WITH CNN'S WOLF BLITZER

"Glad to be on here, Wolf."

"1. Its been about 8 years you can say even a decade of neoliberal Capitalism and imperialism.  And time and time again we have been rejected democracy by the 1%.  It is simple the Amercian people are fed up with the upper class and their corporate greedy hands.  And the middle and the lower class want a revolution.

Before civilization, there were no class divisions in human society. People lived in tribal village communities with no private property.  A single human being alone in the wild world might, if lucky, just about be able to survive. But they could not raise children and so have descendants unless they worked together with other humans and co-operated in finding food, shelter and other basic necessities of life – and in raising the children.

This means humans are naturally social beings. The tendency to co-operate and work collectively is innate within us. Humanity could not have survived any other way.

Human society became more complicated when some were skilled or lucky enough to produce a surplus to their needs. They began to barter with other tribes. This led – over many centuries, even millennia – to the invention of money as a way of simplifying exchanges. The first coins, produced in the Middle East, carried images of cows – one coin was the equivalent value of a cow.

Society divided into those who had wealth and could control the means of production – access to land, food, water, housing and other necessities – and those who did not. This gave them power over those who were poor. The poor could only get the necessities of life on terms dictated by the rich – they had to work for a living while the rich could take life earnings.

"2. Well I respected and voted for Senator Sanders in 2012 however he is still for some form of Capitalism.  Social Democracy while it’s on the right track it is still well part Capitalistic."

"3. Its just another day for this country under the bourgeoisie imperialist rule. They just have new victims.  The war machine of the United States is just marching in taking orders and destroying the lives of innocent countries other than that oh those guys have  significant resources. Case in point the Capitalist system hates you if you have a system that defies their rules."

"4. Well Wolf the CIA have done way worse than any communist countries has ever done. The United States and their propaganda lead you to believe those lies about Mao and Castro. When studies that aren’t indoctrinated by the CIA show that even since then those countries have seen improvements socially and economically I mean for example they have universal healthcare and we still don’t.  They have universal working rights and we don’t.

"5. Universal basic income, Universal healthcare, and property reform."

"Thanks for having me on. You have a great night."
loganzombieoftime
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »

Kander Second Debate Answers

I think it is unacceptable for a country to harbor terrorists that attack our country. However, I believe the invasion was not the best way to find Bin Laden. We should have consulted the U.N. first and placed sanctions on Pakistan. I would meet with the leader of Pakistan in my first year to show our commitment to restoring peace to the region without excessive use of military force. I would also agree to adding them to the UNPP if other members agreed.

I'm glad the Kurds are going to get a vote on independence, they definitely deserve it after there commitment in the fight against the Neo-Ummyads. If they vote for independence, I would make sure the U.S. recognizes them as a country. After that, I would meet with Kurdish leaders to ensure a democratic transition.

I think that in Syria, we can continue our air strikes on the Neo-Ummyads, but be careful to not turn Syria into another Iraq. In Libya, I don't think we need to worry if they are in third, but if they look like they might win I would meet with other candidates to unite and stop the terrorists from winning. 

I think I have experience that is needed to be President. I have experience in both the legislative and executive branches. I have worked with the other side to pass bill when I was a Missouri state representative. I was elected to serve as a Secretary of State where I had to enforce our election laws and I took Missouri into the top 10 in election performance. I might not have the decades of experience of my fellow candidates, but I believe my experience is enough to be President.

During this Campaign, I have traveled across the country, listening to your concerns and opinions, and I have heard from many that while Breseden is a good President he is not a progressive like most of our party. I am a progressive, but I am running to represent our entire country. I will stand for my values but will work with others to get the best for this country. I want to thank the candidates for being here, you for watching, and I hope I can earn your support.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2018, 11:11:12 PM by x-Guy »

Ben Shapiro 2nd GOP Debate Answers

"Well here's the thing, I think it's way too early to see who I personally support for Senator Corker's seat. My answer is simple. Let's just wait and see. What I will say though is that a candidate who shares the same conservative values as myself and want's to scale back Washington and the size and scope of government will certainly have my support in that race but for now it's simply too early to call heads or tails on that Senate race."

"I am personally not surprised Erdogan has recently done this power grab. Like any international situation this is one of great difficulty to solve but as President I don't plan to be discouraged from trying to solve the ongoing issue that Turkey faces. Fact of the matter is, Erdogan may as well be a dictator with his recent power grab and we need to be honest about this. What we must do is help prevent a deadly civil war through having strong connections and ongoing discussions with Turkey. We ultimately need to send a message to Erdogan that this behavior is unacceptable to international standards and the standards of the United States and that we will not hesitate potentially enforcing sanctions on Turkey if the situation only worsens because fact of the matter is we cannot stand idly by while the freedoms of the people of Turkey are being stripped away. I am not saying we do military intervention but what I am saying is that we should have some sort of influence on Turkey if we want to prevent a potentially deadly civil war! If the Russians were to somehow get themselves involved with this conflict then we need to make sure we lessen any hostility the Russian government may have against us. We want to make sure we are able to solve this in a mutual manner if Russia becomes involved in this situation. Period."

"The situation of the UNPP is an interesting one. I think that when we deal with these issues that we keep in mind that countries of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are both known for human rights violations especially against women. As President I think it's best we try to find common ground with all of these countries but at the same time we must recognize and hold them accountable for things such as human rights violations that happen in their countries. I believe that if the United States continues it's involvement we certainly won't be silent about the issues those countries face and we certainly won't ignore their human rights violations in the process. Regardless however, I think it's important that at the end of the day we have a clear focus on our country and it's issues. As President I plan to put American priorities first. At the end of the day Americans want a President to serve their interests first and that's exactly what I'll do as President."

"I am very glad you asked that! My very first act as President would be to devolve a lot of power to the states and to the localities. I want to make sure as President that the states and the localities have just as much of a say and will in the current situations that America faces."

"My second priority as President is to slash as much regulations as possible to continue and ensure economic prosperity continues in the country! I believe that the potential of this country must be unleashed and that begins by getting rid of useless regulations that do nothing but hinder economic growth for the nation as a whole!"

"My third priority is a simple rule I will have during the entirety of my Presidency. That rule is that I will not sign any bill that is longer than three pages and is not written in plain language because I want the American people to understand what it is their elected officials are voting for and what is going to be signed. I understand that above all our government needs transparency from it's leaders and the American people must have a President they can have confidence in and trust when in the White House and that's exactly what I'll do."

"My fourth priority is to make sure our Military is in good shape and that we continue to advance our capabilities and strength in order to defend ourselves and for the sake of national security. Fact of the matter is the President really only has two jobs and those jobs are to enforce the laws and maintain national security so above all improving national security and strengthening it is really going to be a big focus in my administration once in office since that's really what my priorities are as outlined in the constitution."

"My fifth and final priority is to make across the board tax cuts possible for all Americans in the future. Some might remember that in the last debate I listed the reasons as to why such tax cuts can be beneficial when I mentioned the JFK & Reagan tax cuts and as President I'd like to initiate something similar as President. We know that when we weaken the burden of taxes on all Americans we see the positives out weighing the negatives. Not only that but we must do so to help pay off our debt as we know that previous tax cuts such as the one by JFK has actually shown that it has increased our federal revenue and it would even go so far as to even potentially give the United States a surplus which is certainly an accomplishment I want to achieve as President and one I believe we can achieve together!"

"It's been fun being in this debate! It's honestly been such a great experience being on the campaign trail and I've enjoyed every second of it! To those who are listening at home I hope that you can consider supporting not just this campaign but this grassroots movement. This campaign since it's very beginning is one that's been for the people. I have been genuine and honest during the opportunity I've had to go around the United States and talk to the voters. I am the candidate who's always had the interest of the American people at heart which is why I am running. I believe we need someone new, someone young, someone inspiring, and I hope I can earn your support during the primaries! Thank you and god bless you!"
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »

JEB! Campaign suspension
Due to personal issues, I am dropping out. However I am honored to endorse another great candidate! Mr Ben Shapiro!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 12:32:09 PM »

Turn 3

[Place holder]
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length