Poll shows that Democrats trust the FBI at 3 times the rate of Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 01:14:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll shows that Democrats trust the FBI at 3 times the rate of Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Poll shows that Democrats trust the FBI at 3 times the rate of Republicans  (Read 2869 times)
Joey1996

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »

Partisanism truly is a mental disease... Democrats suddenly trust an institution which is historically known for its civil rights abuses, undermining left wing activists, and currently participates in entrapping mentally ill people whom they convince to commit ISIS inspired attacks....

I mean these are probably the same Democrats who now love war criminal/torturer George W. Bush because he criticized Lord Voldemort....

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/958187063756689408
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »

Show me those democrats who now "love" George W. Bush. I highly doubt that they exist outside of a couple a freak incidences.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 03:22:54 PM »

The FBI has many faults but unlike Trump it seems to actually care that another country has been waging a cyberwar that includes political active measure against us
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 03:30:23 PM »

Show me those democrats who now "love" George W. Bush. I highly doubt that they exist outside of a couple a freak incidences.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/357109-poll-dems-have-favorable-view-of-george-w-bush
Joey1996

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »

The FBI has many faults but unlike Trump it seems to actually care that another country has been waging a cyberwar that includes political active measure against us

Fine, but to say you trust an organization which launched covert operations against American citizens and continues to infiltrate left wing groups and promote propaganda against them, just because you don't like Trump is disturbing.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 04:09:27 PM »

Fine, but to say you trust an organization which launched covert operations against American citizens and continues to infiltrate left wing groups and promote propaganda against them, just because you don't like Trump is disturbing.

Democrats aren't immune from the same psychological aspects that cause, say, Republicans who disliked Russia to suddenly start warming up to them just because of Trump. The FBI is also now seen by Democrats as a last tool of resort to conduct oversight of Trump, and I think the trust liberals/Democrats have in Mueller also trickles down to the FBI as well.

I have a little more faith in the FBI right now so long as Mueller's investigation is going, but I haven't forgotten the FBI's history either. Nor what happened in 2016. Let's keep in mind that the FBI's workforce (agents at least) is more sympathetic to conservatives than not.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »

This just shows how shallow and short-term the attention spans of Americans in general are.. coupled with deep seeded polarized partisanship.

The second the FBI doesn't do the right thing regarding Trump in the eyes of Democrats, the numbers will flip.

This forum has to realize we are not like most Americans.  We are insanely high information compared to most people.  It makes for a depressing outlook.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »

Somehow Republicans have mostly fallen in line with Trump's authocratic world view. I expect this toxic ideology within the GOP and the lack of democratic values and norms to last much longer than Trump himself. Even if he oust him in 2020.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »

But I thought the FBI (particularly Comey) was the reason Hillary lost? Apparently much can change in a year.
Joey1996

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 04:42:17 PM »

But I thought the FBI (particularly Comey) was the reason Hillary lost? Apparently much can change in a year.
Hollywood
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »

Nothing has changed.  Democrats will believe and do anything that harms Trump, even if its bad for the country.  They will always believe its "for the greater good, for the greater good, for the greater good".  And they will follow the orders and the ques provided to them by the establishment Democrats and their friends in the mainstream media. 

They have been nothing but consistent.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »

Except I didn’t say that, anywhere.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »

This thread reeks of that "Russiagate is fake because the US gov't did stuff like this to other countries during the Cold War so serves you right" talking point that was a thing last year. Like yes FBI has a bad past but in the context of right now vs Trump of course I trust them.
Joey1996

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »

Except I didn’t say that, anywhere.

You didn't say it, no...but this polls suggests that's the case with the majority of registered Dems
Joey1996

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »

This thread reeks of that "Russiagate is fake because the US gov't did stuff like this to other countries during the Cold War so serves you right" talking point that was a thing last year. Like yes FBI has a bad past but in the context of right now vs Trump of course I trust them.

This has nothing to do with Russiagate and everything to do with the fickleness of extreme partisans. The left has never trusted the FBI until Comey was fired
Hollywood
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 05:28:37 PM »

This has nothing to do with Russiagate and everything to do with the fickleness of extreme partisans. The left has never trusted the FBI until Comey was fired

And Trump was the guy that fired Comey.  But Joey1996's post exemplifies my earlier post when he says "in the context of Trump of course I trust them."  But what about in the context of Clinton?  Well  in the context of helping Trump, of course they cannot be trusted.   

And the belief that the USA has not influenced elections since the Cold War is complete nonsense.  Obama influenced the Israeli elections just a few years ago. 

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 05:39:10 PM »

And Trump was the guy that fired Comey.  But Joey1996's post exemplifies my earlier post when he says "in the context of Trump of course I trust them."  But what about in the context of Clinton?  Well  in the context of helping Trump, of course they cannot be trusted.   

And the belief that the USA has not influenced elections since the Cold War is complete nonsense.  Obama influenced the Israeli elections just a few years ago. 

You literally are assuming my positions. I actual thought Comey handeled Hillary well and I only mentioned the Cold War cause that is the examples that are used. Also even if I didn't like how Comey treated Hillary Trump fired him to shut down the Russia investigation so it the two aren't related
Hollywood
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 05:51:08 PM »

You literally are assuming my positions. I actual thought Comey handeled Hillary well and I only mentioned the Cold War cause that is the examples that are used. Also even if I didn't like how Comey treated Hillary Trump fired him to shut down the Russia investigation so it the two aren't related

It's not a difficult assumption to make even in context of me mistakenly believing you didn't like the treatment of Hillary.  You say "The FBI has been bad in the past, but in the context of right now vs Trump of course I trust them".  So you know the FBI has had problems in the past, but you choose to trust them when it comes to Trump.  But why?  The assumption is that your willing to give the FBI and Justice Department a lot of slack, and overlook some troubling information, because... well... It's Trump.  And Trump is a very very very bad man. 
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »

It's common sense not to trust the FBI, CIA, or NSA.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »

Clearly Republicans just hate law and order.
Hollywood
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 06:04:05 PM »

Clearly Republicans just hate law and order.

Exactly.  Remember those law and order Democrats that protested at Berkley, Ferguson, and Portland.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2018, 06:21:12 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

And Trump was the guy that fired Comey.  But Joey1996's post exemplifies my earlier post when he says "in the context of Trump of course I trust them."  But what about in the context of Clinton?  Well  in the context of helping Trump, of course they cannot be trusted.  

And the belief that the USA has not influenced elections since the Cold War is complete nonsense.  Obama influenced the Israeli elections just a few years ago.  

It's not a difficult assumption to make even in context of me mistakenly believing you didn't like the treatment of Hillary.  You say "The FBI has been bad in the past, but in the context of right now vs Trump of course I trust them".  So you know the FBI has had problems in the past, but you choose to trust them when it comes to Trump.  But why?  The assumption is that your willing to give the FBI and Justice Department a lot of slack, and overlook some troubling information, because... well... It's Trump.  And Trump is a very very very bad man.  
Because Trump is the one who keeps getting caught lying
Edit: Also because the the FBI is filled with partisan democrats out to get him is Alex Jones levels of moronic
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »

Blue lives matter.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 09:56:34 AM »

For Republicans, blue lives only matter when they are gunning down black men. When they are going after the Dear Leader, well that's when we need to scrutinize law enforcement!
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

OK, that is a bit disturbing. Granted they are favourability ratings, not approvals, but still. Still not the same as loving him though. I guess he looks better because he's one of the few high ranking republicans who have openly gone against Trump.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies