Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:38:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)  (Read 23069 times)
Vespucci
United States

« on: February 01, 2018, 11:16:55 PM »

Can I be Deval Patrick as a Democrat?
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:13:49 AM »

Deval Patrick running for President
Boston, MA

Hello, everyone!
Recently, rumors have been going around that I will be running for this country's highest office. Well, starting tonight, they will be rumors no more. I would like to officially announce my candidacy for President of the United States!

Throughout the past seven years, we have seen one of the most successful administrations since FDR. However, Barack Obama's accomplishments been under attack since the day he took office, particularly the Affordable Care Act. Since Republicans took control of the House of Representatives in 2011, they have voted over 60 times to repeal the greatest reform American health care has ever seen. It will literally be hazardous to your health to vote Republican next November, because if they get control over both houses of Congress and the Presidency, millions could lose the health insurance they need. As governor of Massachusetts, I oversaw the implementation of a health care bill, and it worked wonders; within three years, 98% of Massachusetts citizens were insured.

My own reforms will mostly fall under three categories: education, innovation, and infrastructure. We need to give a boost to our public schools. These children are the generation that could have to pick up the pieces from ours if we don't fix problems like climate change. I strongly support and support investment in green technology. As governor, I joined a regional initiative to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Regional initiatives are a good start, but we need national reduction of emissions to save our planet.

The first thing I will advocate for as President is a bipartisan infrastructure bill. Republicans and Democrats agree that America's infrastructure needs improvements.  I created the Massachusetts Department of Transportation as governor, and as president I will strengthen the federal DOT.

Thank you for your time. I enjoyed serving you as Governor, and I look forward to serving you as president!
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »

Patrick (and probably Sestak) would be favored in their home states if the're still in the race.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »

Debate and polls soon? (Sorry for impatience).
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »

I'm waiting for the debate and polls.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »

Are Hodges and Butterfield still in? They haven't posted at all in the gameplay thread, and Butterfield doesn't even have an announcement speech.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 08:52:00 PM »

Vespucci
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 06:52:27 AM »

Klobuchar already endorsed Patrick.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »

I'll also need an extension.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »

Unfortunately, I'll have to drop out, considering I'm moderating a new game now.

Can I switch to Jindal?
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »

Can't wait for the new turn! Also just wanted to point out that it looks like whoever was running as Portman has gone completely inactive in the game.

Noticed that too. I'll look into it. If they gonna continue to be inactive I might just have to say they droped out. Also I need to redo polls before I post. I talked to wxtransit and they wish to have his last act as the character be what happened. I.E him dropping out and endorsing Paul. Sorry Vespucci. I know you wanted to take him over. Would you be okay going back to Deval?

I'd be Portman if his player dropped out (he's running the 2000 game, so that might be his focus). Patrick can stay in for the interim.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies