Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:26:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)  (Read 23039 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:20 PM »

Could I join as Janet Napolitano?
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »

Janet Napolitano Steps Down as President of UC, Announces Run For President in Phoenix

“As many of you know, it’s been made public that I have announced my resignation as UC President. I did not take this decision lightly, and it’s been an honor to work for such an incredible American institution, as it was an honor to serve all of you as Attorney General and then Governor of this great state. The United States is at an inflection point, much like we were 8 years ago, when the Great Recession began to show its first stages around the world. As a country, we made a decision, and that was to elect Barack Obama and his message of hope, change, and a brighter tomorrow. After serving with the President for four years, I can say we don’t agree on everything, but we both believe in a stubborn optimism for this country. He was handed the largest financial crisis since the Depression, chaos around the globe due to mistrust of America after the war in Iraq, and a political establishment in Washington that decided to obstruct his every move.

After 8 years of successes, failures, victories, and defeats, what we need is a leader with broad, executive experience. We need a leader with solutions. We need someone who has run a state government and had to work across the aisle to ensure the wheels wouldn’t come flying off. America needs a steady hand, who can whip Contess into shape. When they refused to help children brought to this country without documentation, I wrote DACA to give them a chance in the only country they’ve known as home. I promise you, as I have before, that I will fight for you. I’ll fight to stabilize our healthcare system by adding a public option and allowing the US government to negotiate prescription drug prices. I’ll fight to ensure that we retrain our forgotten workers whose jobs have been lost to automation. I’ll fight to make our energy production greener, cleaner, and more efficient. I’m here to announce I’m running for President to carry my fight for you to Washington!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »

Can we do Candidate interviews?

Also, I reccomend writing up the next turn's National and State Polls as well as the debates today so you can post them all at once tomorrow.

Candidate interviews can only be done for candidates over 15% in the national polling, and its one per term.
Did not see this before posting my update. I’ll adjust accordingly.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »

Endorsements do matter, but not as much as campaign quality.

Agreed. If you have an endorsement from the President himself but you run a sucky campaign, you'll be running into a brick wall with voters and getting knock backed hard.
Agreed. Although, not sure what I am doing wrong exactly. I don't play these types of campaign games often. Any tips?
I think your running a good campaign but there are just not that many libertarian Republicans in the party and you are focused too much on youth who usually don't vote Republican or even vote at all
So I essentially need to outreach towards different voters. I think that's probably best.
Yeah, talk less about social issues and more about fiscal issues like debt
I’ll take these tips too! Good advice. I definitely feel like I could use some of these. It’s my first real campaign as well.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »

Not to nag, but any time estimate for the next turn?
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »

So happy there are alternatives. I’m disappointed, but not surprised that this game has reached an indefinite hiatus.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 10:37:15 PM »

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »

Is this game dead? (I think we are all waiting for the Debate and state polls before we campaign).

I apologize for the wait. I have been debating and have decided that I do not feel able to finish the game. I'd think people wouldn't want to replace the mod again. Most of you are in other games anyways. I'm gonna say the game is dead.

Wonder if we can start up the 2020 game.

If WfA goes bust, I might do another game in which players can play as someone from my TL Good Ol'Rocky Top. I might make it soon if I determine WfA is dead for good
You should do a real life one not a made up one since I think people are more active in the more real life ones
Yes. Or may I suggest one with all fictional characters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies