Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)  (Read 23428 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: February 01, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »

Can I jump in as Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton for the Democrats?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »

Mark Dayton: Progressive with Results!

Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Thank you all for coming here today. I stand before you to say that there have been a lot of people out there throwing their names around out there for President. Let me ask you something, can any of them truly claim that they have achieved progressive results despite being forecast as the bringer of the apocalypse and the destroyer of Minnesota?

As Governor, I raised taxes on the wealthy in our state by $2.1 billion and invested $900 million in public education, as well as raising our minimum wage. Republicans predicted an economic disaster. Our budget surplus is now $2 billion. Median household income in our state is now $8000 above the national average and our job growth is second in the Mideast.

Why do I say this? Because I get results! It's all well and good to push for these laws in the Senate-believe me, I know how hard it is, seeing as I was there once-but it is another thing altogether to enact these laws. I have, and they are working! I am a progressive with results, and it is because I want to see these policies enacted nationwide, that I am declaring my candidacy for President of the United States of America!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies