Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:53:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)  (Read 23452 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 03:45:13 PM »

I think Rand Paul would be able to outperform in South Carolina when you take into consideration the already has endorsements from Senator Tim Scott and Governor Nikki Haley. Nonetheless, I digress.
Rob Portman will probably do worse in SC since I won't really campaign there since it is basically a winner take all in delegates and I know Portman will not win.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2018, 04:15:20 PM »

This is how I think it will turn out for Republicans:

Ted Cruz: 1st in Iowa, 4th in New Hampshire, 2nd in South Carolina and 3rd in Nevada

Rob Portman: 3rd in Iowa, 1st in New Hampshire, 4th in South Carolina and 1st in Nevada

Bobby Jindal: 2nd in Iowa, 5th in New Hampshire, 1st in South Carolina and 5th in Nevada

Rand Paul: 4th in Iowa, 2nd in New Hampshire, 3rd in South Carolina and 2nd in Nevada

Jim Mattis: 5th in Iowa, 3rd in New Hampshire, 5th in South Carolina and 4th in Nevada

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »

Endorsements do matter, but not as much as campaign quality.

Agreed. If you have an endorsement from the President himself but you run a sucky campaign, you'll be running into a brick wall with voters and getting knock backed hard.
Agreed. Although, not sure what I am doing wrong exactly. I don't play these types of campaign games often. Any tips?
I think your running a good campaign but there are just not that many libertarian Republicans in the party and you are focused too much on youth who usually don't vote Republican or even vote at all
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »

Endorsements do matter, but not as much as campaign quality.

Agreed. If you have an endorsement from the President himself but you run a sucky campaign, you'll be running into a brick wall with voters and getting knock backed hard.
Agreed. Although, not sure what I am doing wrong exactly. I don't play these types of campaign games often. Any tips?
I think your running a good campaign but there are just not that many libertarian Republicans in the party and you are focused too much on youth who usually don't vote Republican or even vote at all
So I essentially need to outreach towards different voters. I think that's probably best.
Yeah, talk less about social issues and more about fiscal issues like debt
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2018, 10:16:58 PM »

Turn closed?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:35 PM »

wow didn't even notice it's been 4 days

That's twice Hillary hasn't Campaigned in a turn rip.

prepare for the j i n d a l w a v e
Jindal and Cruz will share Santorum 2012 support but Portman has Romney's 2012 support and Paul has Paul's 2012 support
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 03:43:41 PM »

Let it be known that several days before the states are called, I'll do something that could will really boost my chances of winning both states.
?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »

should we try and find a new Hillary?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »

Is the new turn coming up today
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »

What Carolla did 2
Carolla campaigned in Nevada with Clint Eastwood on balancing the budget and Economic freedom ideas and his plans to tackle Wall Street.
You put this in the wrong area
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »

Can't wait for the new turn! Also just wanted to point out that it looks like whoever was running as Portman has gone completely inactive in the game.

Noticed that too. I'll look into it. If they gonna continue to be inactive I might just have to say they droped out. Also I need to redo polls before I post. I talked to wxtransit and they wish to have his last act as the character be what happened. I.E him dropping out and endorsing Paul. Sorry Vespucci. I know you wanted to take him over. Would you be okay going back to Deval?

I'd be Portman if his player dropped out (he's running the 2000 game, so that might be his focus). Patrick can stay in for the interim.
You can have him (sorry been busy with the 2000 game)
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »

Isn't Nathan Deals a Republican?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2018, 06:31:40 PM »

Is this game dead? (I think we are all waiting for the Debate and state polls before we campaign).

I apologize for the wait. I have been debating and have decided that I do not feel able to finish the game. I'd think people wouldn't want to replace the mod again. Most of you are in other games anyways. I'm gonna say the game is dead.

Wonder if we can start up the 2020 game.

If WfA goes bust, I might do another game in which players can play as someone from my TL Good Ol'Rocky Top. I might make it soon if I determine WfA is dead for good
You should do a real life one not a made up one since I think people are more active in the more real life ones
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies