Polish Politics and Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:46:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Polish Politics and Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Polish Politics and Elections  (Read 107076 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: February 17, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »

What are you talking about? What is "TVP"?

It's better known as RT.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »

Lolnews: Polish Greens decided to start in the elections on voivodship level alone.

Also "my cock is bigger" context between Czarzasty and Zandberg is more boring than before.

Razem continues to be cute, trying to present themselves as the only principled and unembroiled "force", while trying hard to get into the "mainstream", to the extend they fell into a "no, no, we're not communists, seriously" hole.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 12:08:43 PM »

Also, PO and .N announced that their coalition's slogan for the elections would be 'Bliżej ludzi' - 'closer to the people'.

This was PiS' slogan in the 2006 local elections and the URL blizejludzi.pl is still taken by their campaign website from then.

Incredible.
[/quote

PO and .N are not exactly known for their sense of self-awareness.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 10:50:33 AM »

When Poland sends its posters, they're not sending the best. They're sending users that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing spam, they're bringing s**tposts. They're trolls and some, I assume, are good contributors, but I speak to moderators and they're telling us what we're getting
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »

Are Razem in contention for any seats anywhere?

As for now this is still not yet decided everywhere. As for the sejmiks level they have ambitions to create their own electoral committees in all voivodships so they have no chances to get an seats. As for the lower level like counties or cities which are de iure counties they will participate in coalitions with some NGOs or other parties. In Wrocław they already decided that they will have coalition with Greens, as far as I remember also they will have some coalition in Warsaw. But probably they will start only in the biggest cities and they do not have chances to win anything anywhere to be honest.
That's a pity, it would be nice to get a few people trained up and entrenched for the next Sejm election.

And/or to see a few young idealists watch their dreams die before their eyes in the face of Polish local government.

At the end there will be three distinct lefts running separately, each would get just above 3% and proclaim Great Success®
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »

RAZEM will sweep the local election because some Facebook meme.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »

Heat, do you also have that feeling that recently campaign got a little bit more boring/tonned down?

Trzaskowski basically stopped campaigning upon discovering his true calling: going around Warsaw and fixing everything with some tape.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 05:13:53 AM »

List no 3 - KW Partia Zieloni (Greens surprisingly managed to to well though)

They didn't even need me to fill in the gap.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 05:16:55 AM »

Where did you hear about the Korwin thing? It wouldn't surprise me because his party is an absolute dumpster fire at the moment (and people are leaking like crazy onto Facebook, lmao) but I can't find anything about it.

Well, PKW website do not show him while Tanajno and "count" Potocki were able to register themselves. And as far as I know deadline was at the beginning of this week.

Speaking of Tanajno he's been blantantly plagiarizing the subplot from Kapitan Bomba (średnia hawajska), and it's tragically unfunny when he's doing this. Walaszek should sue his ass.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »

Pollster Marcin Palade (who seemed to have accurate leaks in 2015) just tweeted PiS 35 PO+.N 23 PSL 16 Independent Self-government lists 7, Kukiz 6, SLD 5.
I assume this would be a very good result for PiS? What caused them to win by so much in 2015, and how have they managed to remain relatively popular ever since? To me as an outsider it's almost as if Poland has turned into another country compared to the times of PO rule, but I'm obviously aware that the information I receive is biased and limited.

PiS hugely benefits from PO's inability to learn from 2015, especially the need to reach out to the voters from outside their base, to display minimal understanding. And the PiS-PO dichotomy suck the oxygen out for any strong third option to emerge. Due to this PO seems to be more interested in preventing any force to emerge on the left (there was a point PO and liberal media were more focused on stopping Śpiewak in Warsaw, rather than fight off Jaki). They need to retain their status as "less terrible" to non-PiS voters to remain afloat.

However, I'm not sure these results can be (as far as we know at this hour) considered a resounding victory. After all, this is not about electing the parliament. We're talking about individual results in each voivodeship. We must wait and see.

Jaki's defeat in Warsaw will surely make PiS feel bitter and disappointed, as they invested heavily in taking the capital, and it seemed as they might get it, due to Gronkiewicz-Waltz's f**ups and scandals during her administration and Trzaskowski being a moron. Looks like Jaki's camp suggesting that if PiS loses the mayoral election, Warsaw won't be getting government funds, really backfired (It's not Singapore).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 02:31:52 PM »

Exit poll says PiS takes 10 out of 16 voivodeship Sejmiks. PO/N takes the rest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 02:34:27 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2018, 02:37:39 PM by Kalwejt »

Warsaw exit poll:

Trzaskowski (KO): 54,1%
Jaki (PiS): 30.9%
Śpiewak (WW): 3.0%
Glusman (RM): 2.6%
Jakubiak (Kukiz): 2,6%
Rozenek (SLD): 1.5%
Korwin (Wolność): 1.0%
Wojciechowicz (I): 1.0%

Ikonowicz: 0.8%
Stefaniak (PSL): 0.8%
Tanajno (Idiot): 0.6%
Antonik (I): 0.4%
"Count" Potocki: 0.4%
Krzekotowska: 0.3%

http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/7,114884,24066952,wybory-samorzadowe-2018-kto-wygral-w-warszawie-znamy-najnowsze.html#s=BoxMMtCzol3
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 06:41:36 AM »

I'm not surprised with PSL results. They've been doing very well on the local level, where their political machine is really based. Rural voters will overwhelmingly vote for PiS on the national level, but it's more complicated below. SLD experiences a reversed situation. I can totally see them making comeback on the national level (and, let's be honest, they would've improved they results in 2015 if not for Ogórek and other stuff), but on the local level it's just sad.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »

I am too lazy to write about some crazy stuff but for example in my voivodship PiS candidate was the only candidate running in the mayoral elections. What is so crazy about that? She lost. Almost 70% of voters voted against her, because voting was in form for/against.

So what's the drill? Appointed commissioner?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 04:01:20 PM »

Trzaskowski got 56,67% according to the final tally, against Jaki's 28,53%
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 10:39:38 AM »

- Przemysl: Will this town near the Ukrainian border elect the random Kukizoid anti-vaxxer or the PiS guy who's so desperate to win he had Kaczynski give a speech at one of his rallies saying the Ukrainians would invade if he didn't win? I'm rooting for the Kukizoid just because it'll be funnier.

No, anti-vaxxers can't be indulged in any way.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 11:58:10 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-46867286
RIP Sad
So there would be a repeat election for mayor of Gdansk or the mayor will be chosen by the city council?

The Prime Minister shall appoint the Acting Mayor and then have 90 days to call a special election. According to unconfirmed reports, Morawiecki will name one of Adamowicz's deputies.

If I remember correctly it depends on how much time's left before the next regular municipal election. For example when Kaczyński left to become President in late 2005, with less than a year to go, the government just named an acting mayor to fill in. But we just have the election.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 08:20:14 PM »

Update: PiS won't run their candidate in special mayoral race.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 11:56:00 AM »

Should we start new thread for the Sejm elections or you will Kal change the name of that topic?

This topic isn't long enough not to just change the name.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 12:02:01 PM »

EP poll (by "Pollster")

PiS: 39%
KO: 35%
Wiosna: 10%
Kukiz '15: 6%
Konfederacja: 5%

https://wiadomosci.wp.pl/wybory-do-pe-2019-sondaz-zmniejsza-sie-przewaga-pis-nad-koalicja-europejska-6367838477957249a
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 12:08:00 PM »

We're still a year away from the presidential election, but here's an early IBRIS poll. Duda may have problems come second round.

Andrzej Duda: 37%
Donald Tusk: 36%
Robert Biedroń: 10%
Paweł Kukiz: 4%
Władysław Kośniak-Kamysz: 3%
Janusz Korwin-Mikke: 1%
Don't know: 9%

https://www.rp.pl/Polityka/311219909-Sondaz-prezydencki-Tusk-pol-kroku-za-Duda.html

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »

So, the current Messiah of the liberal left Robert Biedroń almost for sure decided that he will actually stay a MEP while he stated before that he will participate in the elections but not become a MEP (resign from the seat). What is more Biedroń poitical right hand and his partner Krzysztof Śmiszek stated that they are "thinking" about participating in the Sejm elections what might sound weird.

Other thing is great debate on the left if there should be "great" centre to left-wing coalition of Razem, SLD and Wiosna. The biggest problem there maybe not obviously for everyone, but still, is Wiosna.

I can imagine Razem entering into coalition with SLD would have a similar affect like when the Greens entered KE (gaining literally nothing from this, btw), causing a great number of members and sympathizers to bolt. After "never with SLD" is being your battle cry from day one, it's hard to see.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »

So, the current Messiah of the liberal left Robert Biedroń almost for sure decided that he will actually stay a MEP while he stated before that he will participate in the elections but not become a MEP (resign from the seat). What is more Biedroń poitical right hand and his partner Krzysztof Śmiszek stated that they are "thinking" about participating in the Sejm elections what might sound weird.

Other thing is great debate on the left if there should be "great" centre to left-wing coalition of Razem, SLD and Wiosna. The biggest problem there maybe not obviously for everyone, but still, is Wiosna.

I can imagine Razem entering into coalition with SLD would have a similar affect like when the Greens entered KE (gaining literally nothing from this, btw), causing a great number of members and sympathizers to bolt. After "never with SLD" is being your battle cry from day one, it's hard to see.

Surely, but still compared to 2015 there are now less "znajdzie się cela dla Leszka Millera" voices, and more and more Razem supporters are thinking about such coalition. Not mentioning that Razem was ready to do that even before EP elections.

Another problem with a coalition is the 8% threshold (just to remind: parties and "voters' electoral committees"need 5% to win seats, as opposed to coalitions). After 2015, when ZL narrowly missed the mark, there may be understandable reluctance. On the surface running as the "electoral committee" would seem more logical, but it'd also preclude subsidies, which wouldn't be that bad for SLD, which still has money, but very, very bad for Razem (they even lost their 2015 subsidies) and Wiosna.

Theoretically SLD could invite Razem and Wiosna politicians to running on their party list, but that just wouldn't fly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »

Is it common to show PiS in red? Aren't they usually shown in blue? Or is there an Atlas Forum vs US media kind of thing here?

I don't think I've ever seen PiS shown as red.

Here's a map from the Polish Press Agency (PAP), showing European election results by county:

I can see these colors used on many other sites.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies