The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:07:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 103025 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2018, 04:58:16 AM »
« edited: February 24, 2018, 06:13:00 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2012 (Hour Two)

8:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9xY_CoC_M

Wolf Blitzer: It is 8 in the East and CNN is ready to make some more projections. CNN projects that Governor Romney will win the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennesse, and North Carolina while President Obama will win Connecticut, Deleware, the District of Columbia,  Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Maine's 1st District. The states of Florida, Missouri, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania remain too early too call. Now lets look at map

Romney 97
Obama 62

Wolf Blitzer: Now lets head over to the magic wall where John King will tell us why Ohio hasnt been called yet.

John King : Ohio hasnt been called yet , because the President still has a lead at this moment in Ohio, and due to how close it has been historically. Now the President's lead at this point is not only significantly down from where he was 4 years ago at this point , he is trailing even John Kerry numbers from 8 years ago so we should expect Ohio to be called soon.

8:30

Wolf Blitzer: We have a key race alert : CNN can now project that the state of Florida has been won by Governor Romney. This is a huge win for Governor Romney , as Florida has voted for the winner in every election in the past 5 elections, and has only been wrong once since 1928. We can also project that states of Arkansas and Missouri have been won by Governor Romney. Also in the State of Ohio, Governor Romney has just taken the lead. Now lets look at the map

Romney 142
Obama 62

Blitzer: Now lets bring in Republican strategist Ana Navarro for her reaction. What was your reaction to Florida being called this early

Navarro : I am not surprised at all as Florida has been swinging more Republican this year than in previous cycles. The reason for this is Romney really made inroads among Obama margin among Hispanics, Women , Young Voters, while was very strong in the Subrubs throughout the campaign . One reason for this is that the economy hasnt done well, Obama hasnt has that much of a record he can run on , and Romeny ran a fantastic campaign so I always expected Flordia to be easily won by Romney.

Blitzer: In the Senate , CNN can now project the first pickup of the night , and that is Angus King the Independent has won the Senate Seat in Maine.

8:50 :

John King: So far it is looking like Governor Romney has built up a big enough lead in Virginia to hold off a late democratic surge in Northern Virginia as he has won for example in Chesapeake City by a healthy margin. Now whether this holds is yet to be seen. We will now head back to Wolf for a projection

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that Ohio will be won by Governor Romney. While this was not a surprise , it is a big win for the Governor.

Romney 160
Obama 62

erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »

Romney is on track to win pretty handily, it seems.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 02:04:20 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2018, 06:14:12 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2012 (Hour Three)

9:00

Wolf Blitzer: The polls have closed in 14 more states and CNN can project that Governor Romney will carry the states of Louisiana, Texas, Kansas, all 5 electoral votes in Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming and CNN can also project that President Obama will carry the state of New York and its 29 electoral votes.

Romney 226
Obama 91

Wolf Blitzer: Governor Romney now just needs 50 electoral votes to win the election. Before we go to John King too see what is the most realistic path to 270 for President Obama , CNN is also ready to project some more Senate Seats that flipped. CNN can project that Congressman Rick Berg will win the North Dakota Senate Race, and Deb Fischer who currently is a member of the Nebraska state legislature will win the Nebraska Senate Race. Now lets go over to John King who will tell us the most realistic path the President has to 270

John King: First things we will do is give Arizona , Utah, Idaho , Montana , and Alaska to Governor Romney which would give him 253 Electoral votes. Then we will give the President New Jersey ,Maine, California , Washington , and Hawaii which will get him to 179 electoral votes. Now currently it looks very unlikely that the President will manage to win New Hamshire so we will give that to Governor Romney which give him 257 electoral votes meaning if he manages to hold on to Virginia he will win the White House. So the first thing the President must do is win Virginia if he wants to avoid defeat, and then he must run the table in these 6 states: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin,  New Mexico, and Oregon because if he cant win those states he likely wont win Virginia . So if we assume he can do that, that would give the President 260 electoral votes. Then the election would come down to whomever could win 2 out of these 3 states: Nevada, Colorado, and Iowa. So can the President get to 270 yes , but it will be very difficult.

9:20 :

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that the state of New Jersey will be won by President Obama , while the state of New Hampshire will be won by Governor Mitt Romney. Now lets head over to our CNN panel here for their reaction

Romney 230
Obama 105

Dana Bash: With another state flipping from 2008 , and it looking very unlikely for the President to win Virginia, this election looks pretty much over

Van Jones: Well things are not over until they are over, but you are right it is now looking very likely for Governor Romney to win at this point. In my opinion what this election shows is that the American people expect results from their President and if the President doesnt deliver they will vote that President out. In my opinion, 4 years wasn't enough for President Obama to clean up the mess he inherited but its obvious the America people disagree . Lastly this election should not only teach a lesson to the Democrats but also to the Republicans. The reason for that is 4 years ago it was the Democrats winning all across the country and it seemed like it was their party who was going to dominate the future, now it is the Republicans, and what they should realize is no that is not the case as the people can throw you out just as fast as they did while putting you in.

9:53:

John King: Looking at how large Governor Romney still leads in Virginia, with this much % of the vote in , I dont think there is enough votes out for President Obama to win the state like how he did 4 years ago and how Senator Webb did in 2006.

Wolf Blitzer: CNN has a major projection to make , Virginia and its 13 electoral votes will be won by Governor Romney.

Romney 243
Obama 105

John King: That is probably the race , as if you give Governor Romney Arizona , Utah, Idaho , Montana , and Alaska he will get to 270 electoral votes.

Gloria Borger: I agree the race is over, and the question now is how large Governor Romney will win by. Its very unlikely he will surpass the President's totals from 4 years ago but he will still win handily.

Wolf Blitzer : We have another Senate race to project and we can now Project that former Senator Jim Talent will be going back to the Senate as he has just won the Missouri Senate Race in this rematch from 2006.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »

Romney!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2018, 06:39:55 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2018, 12:52:22 AM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2012 (Hour Four)

10:00

Wolf Blitzer: CNN is ready to make projections in more states. CNN can now project that Governor Romney will win the states of Montana, Utah, and Arizona which means Governor Romney is only 7 electoral votes away from winning the Presidency. The states of Iowa and Nevada are too early to call.

In the Senate, we can project that Congressman Deny Rehberg will win in Montana and Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush who is also the brother of former president George W Bush will win the Florida Senate race giving the Republicans two more pickups in the Senate, and a total net pick up of 4 seats so far.

Romney 263
Obama 105

10:17

CNN Banner Flashes: Mitt Romney Elected President

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that Mitt Romney will be the 45th President of the United States, as he has won the State of Colorado , meaning he will have crossed the 270 electoral votes threshold needed to win the White House.

Romney 272
Obama 105

Andrson Cooper: It was just 4 years ago when the Republicans were getting wiped out all across the country, and a one-term Senator named Barack Obama won such an overwhelming victory in a fashion where it was assumed that Democrats would dominate politics for the next 2 to 3 decades. Now just 4 years later , have they regained almost all that was lost in 2006 and 2008 it is conceivable that they will be in a better shape than they were before those elections, and unlike George W Bush they will have a President who won his election by a pretty large margin and can claim a mandate.

Van Jones: That is true but remember Democrats 4 years ago won by a larger margin than Republicans are winning tonight, and even had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate while at most Republicans can have 58 Senate seats tonight, and that will likely be 55-57 . So it could be entirely possible that 4 years from now it could be the Republicans being thrown out if they dont deliver.

Wolf Blitzer: We have some Breaking News: President Obama has called Mitt Romney to concede the election, and is heading to the place where he will give his concession speech.

10:35:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project the outcomes for two more Senate races . In Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell will win the Senate Seat , and in Ohio State Treasurer Josh Mandel will win .

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »

erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2018, 11:59:01 PM »

It’s all over but the counting.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2018, 12:41:17 AM »

President Obama's Concession Speech

Obama : Thank You Thank You. A short while ago I spoke with Governor Romney to congratulate him on being elected the 45th President of the United States. I also had the chance to invite him to the White House to talk about making sure there is a successful transition between our presidencies. Now that Governor Romney has been elected President, we are all rooting for his success because his success is now all of our success.  Due to this it will be my number one priority over the next two and a half months to make sure this is the smoothest transition in history, so President-Elect Romney can hit the ground running when he takes office on January 20th.

I also want to thank all my supporters here tonight for all the hard work you put in both my winning campaign in 2008 and losing campaign this year, because without you I never would have had the honor of being this great nation's President(Applause). While you may be disappointed tonight, as I certainly am, you should never lose hope because at the end of the day it is not the President who is the biggest driver of change, it is you(Crowd chanting Obama 2016). No my time in politics has ended , but the fight for the ideas we believe has not(Applause). Thank You again for all your support , May God Bless You and May God Bless the United States of America.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:38 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2023, 02:53:03 AM by OSR stands with Israel »

CNN - America's Choice 2012 (Hour Five)

11:00

Wolf Blitzer: Its 11 in the east and CNN can project that President-Elect Romney will win the states of Idaho, Wisconsin, and Maine's 2nd District while President Obama will win the states of California, Washington, Hawaii , and Maine.

Romney 287
Obama 178

Wolf Blitzer : Also in the Senate to remind you the Republicans have picked up a net total of 6 seats tonight. What was your reaction to Obama's Concession speech

Dana Bash: It was a very gracious speech, and at the same time reassured his supporters to not give up on their beliefs

Anderson Cooper : I thought the same too

Wolf Blitzer: Now lets go to John king where he will explain us the state of the race for the 4 remaining Senate Races.

John King: In Wisconsin, Former Governor Tommy Thompson has the lead currently over Congresswomen Tammy Baldwin and this can be attributed to his strong performance in the WOW counties. In Pennsylvania, Steve Welch is still trailing but more Democratic counties have come in yet so we have yet to see where this race will end up. In Massachusettes and New Mexico both candidates are performing really well in their counties and its very close in the swing ones so these races likely wont be decided tonight.

Wolf Blitzer: Governor Romney we have heard is heading to give his Victory Speech

11:23:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can project that President-Elect Romney has won Pennsylvania and Nevada.

In the Senate, we can project that Tommy Thompson has won the Wisconsin Senate Seat meaning that currently so far Republican have picked up a net total of 7 seats so far.

Romney 313
Obama 178

Wolf : We have been told that President-Elect Romney will give his victory speech at any time now so we will head there.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2018, 05:35:23 PM by Old School Republican »

Mitt Romney's Victory Speech

Crowd chanting President Romney, USA USA

Romney: Thank You Thank You.  A short while ago , President Obama called to congratulate me(Applause) and I told him that he was a great opponent who should be proud of the campaign he ran. While the President and I may not agree on all the issues, he is a good man who loves this country deeply just like I or anyone else does so I know how hard tonight must be for him. Despite that he told me that, he will do all he possibly can to ensure that there is a smooth and successful transition, and I look forward to meeting him to plan out a transition, discuss the various issues, and help bring this country together after a long campaign.

I also want to thank all of you for your support, because it was you who made this victory possible tonight, and I will never forget it (Applause) . I know the reason you supported me was not because you wanted to see me win , it was because you wanted to see our nation solve many of its problems and see to it that our kids have a life as good as ours if not better(Applause). While these many problems won't be easy to solve, the responsibility to solving these problems will fall on me, and I will work hard every day to ensure that our economy is on the road to prosperity once again, we reduce our deficit, health insurance can be affordable to every American, and make sure America remains the leader in the fight against tyranny around the world (Applause) .

Thank You , May God Bless you and May God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2023, 02:53:29 AM by OSR stands with Israel »

CNN - America's Choice 2012 (Rest of Results )

12:20

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that President-Elect Romney has won the states of Iowa and Minnesota

Romney 329
Obama 178

1:00

Wolf Blitzer: The Final state of the Night as closed and CNN can now project Governor Romney has won the state of Alaska and its 3 electoral votes

Romney 332
Obama 178

3:41

Wolf Blitzer : CNN can now project that state of Michigan and its 16 electoral votes will be won by President-Elect Romney

We can also project that Steve Welch has defeated Senator Bob Casey and Thus will be Pennsylvania next senator. This means the GOP has won a net gain of 8 seats so far in the Senate

Romney 348
Obama 178

6:30

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that the states of Oregon and New Mexico will be won by President Obama. This makes the final electoral talley Romney 348 Obama 190.

Romney 348
Obama 190

Wolf Blitzer: Also in the Senate we can project the GOP has picked up the New Mexico Senate Seat giving them a net gain of 9 seats . On the other hand CNN can officially project that the Senate seat of Massachuttes will be too close to call.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2018, 12:54:28 AM by Old School Republican »

2012 Election Final Results:

Presidency:

Governor Mitt Romney(R-MA)/Senator Rob Portman(R-OH) 348 52.8%
President Barack Obama(D-IL)/Vice President Joe Biden(D-DE) 190 46.1%

Close States(Under 5 points)

New Mexico : Obama 49.2% , Romney 49%, Johnson 1.4%
Oregon : Obama 49.8% , Romney 49.4%

Michigan : Romney 49.9% Obama 49.4%
Minnesota : Romney 50% , Obama 49%
Maine: Obama 50.3% , Romney 49.2%
Pennsyvania : Romney 50.9% , Obama 48.2%
Nevada : Romney 51.6% , Obama 47.2%
Iowa : Romney 52%, Obama 47.3%
Wisconsin : Romney : 51.9% , Obama 47%

Margins from Swing States in previous elections:

Colorado : Romney 52.8% , Obama 46.1%
Virginia : Romney 53.3% , Obama 45.9%      
New Hampshire : Romney 53.1%, Obama 45.4%
Florida : Romney 54% , Obama 45%
Ohio : Romney 55.1% , Obama 44.2

Senate:

Republicans 56(+8 or +9)
Democrats 43(-8 or -9)

Note: Angus King has decided to caucus with Democrats  and the GOP Indiana Senator is Mitch Daniels

House:

Republicans 260(+18) 54.4%
Democrats 175(-18)    43.8%

Governors:

Republicans gain 2 seats

State Legislature:

Republicans : 71
Democrats : 27
Split : 1
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »

What's the margin in all the swing states?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »

What's the margin in all the swing states?

Forgot that : I will post the States Decided by 5 points or less as well
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2018, 05:38:00 PM »

Why is Massachusetts unmarked.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »

Too Close to Call (Will be recounted )

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »

I guess Scott Brown narrowly wins due to Romney's connections in his home state of Massachusetts.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 09:49:52 PM »

President-Elect Romney names Chief of Staff and Head of Transition Team

Head of Transition team and White House Chief of Staff: Former Governor and HHS Secretary Mike Leavitt

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:01 PM »

I guess Scott Brown narrowly wins due to Romney's connections in his home state of Massachusetts.

That Senate election won't be resolved for a few weeks at the least(though it will be resolved before the new session of Congress).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »

President Obama's and President-Elect Romney's Transition Meeting at the White House

Obama: I just had the chance to have an excellent conversation with President-Elect Romney. We talked about many issues from organizational issues in setting up a White House, how my team can do all it can to make sure there is a successful transition between our presidencies and foreign policy as well. As I said a few day ago , it will be the highest priority for me to make sure that there is a successful transition between our presidencies so President-Elect Romney can be productive from day 1 .

Romney: I want to thank President Obama for being able to set up this meeting as quickly as he did , and for how cooperative he has been. This will ensure that my incoming Administration can hit the ground running from day 1.

Obama: I want to end this off by saying we all want you to succeed because if you succeed our country will succeed and that is what we all what before anything else. Thank you for coming an I look forward to working with you and your team over the next couple months.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2018, 05:40:07 PM by Old School Republican »

President-Elect Romney names his National Security Advisor, OBM Director , and EPA Head

National Security Advisor: Former Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick

OBM Head: Former OBM Head Douglas Holtz Eakin

EPA Head : James Connaughton

erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2018, 06:15:38 PM »

Good picks on Romney’s part.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

agreed
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2018, 03:34:20 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2018, 12:55:03 AM by Old School Republican »

President-Elect Romney Selects Secretaries of State, Defense, and Homeland Security

Secretary of State: Senator Richard Lugar

Secretary of Defense: Former Governor and Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge

Secretary of Homeland Security:
Senator Joe Lieberman

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2018, 11:44:49 PM »

President-Elect Romney selects Secretaries of Treasury and Commerce:

Secretary of Treasury: Economist Glenn Hubbard