2021 - 2024 Candidate news/polls/fundraising/ballot initiatives megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:25:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 - 2024 Candidate news/polls/fundraising/ballot initiatives megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 - 2024 Candidate news/polls/fundraising/ballot initiatives megathread  (Read 57863 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 19, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »

What makes Wisconsin different from Iowa? Is it purely waiting to see if Evers wins the primary?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:06:02 AM »

What makes Wisconsin different from Iowa? Is it purely waiting to see if Evers wins the primary?

Looks like Evers would make this a Toss-Up:

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »

Also,  Fred Hubbell has a ton of money for his race in Iowa:

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 10:19:44 AM »

Why do they still rate MN as a tossup? Pawlenty will get annihilated as long as Murphy isn't the nominee, and he still likely loses against her.

Again, probably waiting for the primary.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 03:42:38 PM »

Get hype!

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »

I guess I will be posting Missouri Proposition A (Right to Work) analysis in this thread. I think almost everyone expects it to go down in defeat, the question is really by how much. Turnout is projected to be fairly high (30%) for an August primary election in St. Louis City, St. Louis County and Jackson County.

Geographically how do you see the vote going?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:10 PM »

I guess I will be posting Missouri Proposition A (Right to Work) analysis in this thread. I think almost everyone expects it to go down in defeat, the question is really by how much. Turnout is projected to be fairly high (30%) for an August primary election in St. Louis City, St. Louis County and Jackson County.

Geographically how do you see the vote going?

My best guess is that No will win in the big cities (Jackson and Clay Counties for KC and St. Louis City and County for STL) as well as areas with a lot of union strength: the lead belt, the Bootheel, Jefferson County (south of St. Louis), St. Joseph, Jefferson City and Columbia, maybe even super Republican places like Cape Girardeau and Springfield. There are a lot of rural/small city counties where industry is important and most of the factories are unionized: St. Francois County, Ste. Genevieve, Warren and Lincoln Counties, the Lead Belt and the Bootheel, Marshall and Sedalia, Hannibal, Macon and Moberly, etc. Not sure if No will win, but it will run far ahead of a Democrat in those places. The big question is St. Charles County, which while extremely Republican has historically been a bastion of pro labor Republicans, and has a heavy middle class union presence, especially in West Alton, St. Charles and St. Peters.

A surprising number of Republican primary candidates are campaigning against Prop A, trying to distinguish themselves from the poisoned GOP brand in Jefferson City.

My dad and his wife voted no today in Marshall.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 08:35:10 AM »

PPP did a big North Carolina poll

State Supreme Court:
Anita Earls (D) 37
Barbara Jackson (R) 23
Chris Anglin (R) 14

They also have Democrats leading in two NC Court of Appeals races, one of them featuring similar vote splitting to the Supreme Court race.

The judicial vacancies powergrab amendment is failing 29-43, and the Elections Board powergrab amendment is also failing 40-32. Unfortunately, voter ID is passing 57-34 and the tax cap is passing 50-32.

Despite the last two failing, this is still a massive win. It means Democrats will have control of the election boards at least so long as Cooper or another Democrat is governor, and they will have a 5 - 2 Supreme Court majority. It's basically the end of shenanigans from the GOP and possibly a path to flipping the legislature before the next redistricting.

If the Democrats can kill the super majority this year, they should sue for new maps on day one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies