UT-UofU/Salt Lake Tribune: Romney +45 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:09:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  UT-UofU/Salt Lake Tribune: Romney +45 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-UofU/Salt Lake Tribune: Romney +45  (Read 2545 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 23, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »

Mitt Romney is only up by 45 despite the campaign not starting yet. Mitt Romney is currently riding high over left leaning voters thinking Mitt Romney is anything but a slime ball. Once the campaign starts, all the people who didn't vote for Trump will vote for a #resistance candidate (Trump only got 45.5% of the vote in Utah). Now add the fact that the #resistance will turn out more than Trumpists, and it's clear Wilson will win 57-43.

This is a much easier race for democrats than West Virgina or even North Dakota, where Trump got over 60% of the vote.

Are you drunk, or willfully blind? Even Republicans in Utah who hate Trump, love Romney.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »

I think they're trolling.

Anyway, what committees will they put Romney on?

Budget, Finance, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Health, Labor, Education and Pensions and Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs would be my best guesses. You could also swap any of those out for Appropriations.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »

Mitt Romney is only up by 45 despite the campaign not starting yet. Mitt Romney is currently riding high over left leaning voters thinking Mitt Romney is anything but a slime ball. Once the campaign starts, all the people who didn't vote for Trump will vote for a #resistance candidate (Trump only got 45.5% of the vote in Utah). Now add the fact that the #resistance will turn out more than Trumpists, and it's clear Wilson will win 57-43.

This is a much easier race for democrats than West Virgina or even North Dakota, where Trump got over 60% of the vote.

Are you drunk, or willfully blind? Even Republicans in Utah who hate Trump, love Romney.

You're underestimating how strong #TheResistance is.

I think Democrats are more likely to settle for Romney, than a nominee that has no shot of winning in a such a deep-R state. He's very likely to basically be a hybrid of McCain and Flake on anything Trump supports, so Democrats (like me) will be happy with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies