Can the GOP consistently win national elections w/o making gains with Hispanics? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can the GOP consistently win national elections w/o making gains with Hispanics? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Can the GOP consistently win national elections w/o making gains with Hispanics?  (Read 680 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« on: January 16, 2018, 01:58:27 AM »

This is an interesting debate I have had with some on irc; so I thought it would be interested to ask Atlasia about this. Assume in this situation that Republicans continue to only get 29% of the Hispanic vote in future national elections and population growth rates remain the same as they currently are.

———
I just can’t see a strong  path forward for the GOP without major inroads with Hispanics. As we have seen the GOP looks to be close to nearing their ceiling with white voters and it probably is tough for Republicans to make substantial gains with more economically liberal whites that vote dem while keeping their current support with economically conservative suburbanites. Republicans also will probably have a tougher time making substantial gains within the African American community based on their long time loyalty to Democrats. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies