Chelsea Manning running against Cardin (MD-Sen)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:49:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Chelsea Manning running against Cardin (MD-Sen)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Author Topic: Chelsea Manning running against Cardin (MD-Sen)  (Read 21629 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »

The descent of the Democratic Party continues. Beautiful.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2018, 04:21:11 PM »

The descent of the Democratic Party continues. Beautiful.

I can't wait to empty quote this after the slaughter in November.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2018, 04:42:15 PM »

Okay, can the mods please start actually punishing users for transphobia? They've already mentioned that this was non-negotiable earlier in the thread, but obviously some users don't care..
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »

Bootlickers always repeat she leaked "classified documents", but they never say what was IN those documents.

Manning exposed war crimes and corruption that the US was complicit in, and for that she is a FF.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »

Bootlickers always repeat she leaked "classified documents", but they never say what was IN those documents.

Manning exposed war crimes and corruption that the US was complicit in, and for that she is a FF.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:28 PM »

Manning will lose, of course, but I wonder how the party hacks might respond to a a higher than expected vote share. Can't stick your head in the sand forever.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2018, 09:46:55 PM »

Thank god for Ben Cardin.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »

Manning will lose, of course, but I wonder how the party hacks might respond to a a higher than expected vote share. Can't stick your head in the sand forever.

What would you say if she gets a lower than expected vote share
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2018, 10:55:10 PM »

Endorsed. She shouldn't really run as she is really too young to start as high as the Senate without any experience besides being in Jail and being a solider. Hope she wins however, though i agree this race will be near impossible for her. Her unfortunately illegal actions in regards to classified information, which i agreed needed to be leaked, has killed her campaign before it started really.
Hydera

« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2018, 11:09:16 PM »

Endorsed. She shouldn't really run as she is really too young to start as high as the Senate without any experience besides being in Jail and being a solider. Hope she wins however, though i agree this race will be near impossible for her. Her unfortunately illegal actions in regards to classified information, which i agreed needed to be leaked, has killed her campaign before it started really.

I wonder what her campaign would be in the first place. The only way she hits anything above 10% is if she manages to turnout a huge amount of white progressives but obviously Cardin would still be 70%+ considering most democrat incumbents usually get 60%+ in their second primary. And unless he somehow connects to black voters she wont reach above 20%.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2018, 12:16:10 AM »

Honestly, at this point, the best outcome for the progressive left is if Cardin wins the primary, but not by much at all, with Manning garnering an unexpectedly high vote share. Essentially lighting a flame on his (and other more centrist Dems in blue states') backside to "move left or GTFO" without actually keeping the baggage of Manning among more centrist swing voters come the general or especially come 2020.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2018, 12:17:47 AM »

Honestly, at this point, the best outcome for the progressive left is if Cardin wins the primary, but not by much at all, with Manning garnering an unexpectedly high vote share. Essentially lighting a flame on his (and other more centrist Dems in blue states') backside to "move left or GTFO" without actually keeping the baggage of Manning among more centrist swing voters come the general or especially come 2020.

They aren't moving left. The only way the Democratic party moves left is if there's a hostile takeover.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2018, 07:06:20 AM »

They aren't moving left. The only way the Democratic party moves left is if there's a hostile takeover.

Looking forward to more fart-ins at the next DNC!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2018, 07:15:09 AM »

Is she actually eligible to run?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:48 AM »

Depends on the relevant Maryland statute. Her conviction was not expunged, but I imagine a commutation eliminates parole/probation? So I don’t see why she wouldn’t be.

By the way her first campaign vid is up and apparently it’s a disaster. I’m starting to wonder if this is a bilking campaign like you see often on the right
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »

Cardin isn't a centrist. The only issue in which he went against the party on was the Iran deal. Which pissed me off and would even make me willing to support someone like Donna Edwards against him, but not a clearly mentally unstable (for obvious and understandable reasons) person who was reportedly suicidal a few months ago, and gave aid to f[inks]ing Julian Assange.

The documents also included the names of many Afghans working against the Taliban, making them and their families walking targets. These could've easily been redacted, but they were not.

Also it was done via Wikileaks and Julian Assange. How the documents were leaked bothers me WAY more than the fact that they were, because seriously, f[inks] Assange.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »

Yeah, screw it, endorsed. There's no way in hell she's gonna win, but after the Iran deal and the BDS bill I'd like to see a fire lit under Cardin's ass. Now if Donna Edwards were running, I'd actively campaign for her, but we can't always get what we want I guess.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »

"Cardin isn't a centrist"

I agree, his foreign policy is nearly the same as Lindsey Graham's, he's on the far right.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2018, 11:33:10 AM »

Cardin's base is wealthy white Jewish suburbanites in Montgomery, Howard, and Baltimore county. They aren't generally enamored with the Iran deal.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2018, 11:37:49 AM by Intell »

I'm not a fan of Ben Cardin, but I don't think I can support Manning over Cardin based on the fact we don't know her policies on minimum wage, housing, social security and her lack of focus on these issues. This plus her connections to Assange and her outlandish twitter posts is the reason why she is far from an ideal candidate. Plus while what Manning did was not wrong, I don't think it was right either.

She is not going to win under any circumstances, she is running in MD, one of the worst blue (atlas red) states for her to run in.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »

I'm not a fan of Ben Cardin, but I don't think I can support Manning over Cardin based on the fact we don't know her policies on minimum wage, housing, social security and her lack of focus on these issues. This plus her connections to Assange and her outlandish twitter posts is the reason why she is far from an ideal candidate. Plus while what Manning did was not wrong, I don't think it was right either.

She is not going to win under any circumstances, she is running in MD, one of the worst blue (atlas red) states for her to run in.

I can assure you she has good positions on all of those issues. Also lol at "We can never let someone who uses EMOJIS into the Senate, the horror"
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »

Vote for Cardin not the pardoned!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2018, 11:55:25 AM »

-Conservatives
-Nat Sec hawks
-People who get butthurt when Dems are primaried
-Transphobes
-BUT RUSSSSSSSIAAA hysteria victims

All of my least favorite groups of people, all united for one goal.
BundouYMB

« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:48 AM »

Oh man I'm trying so hard to resist the temptation to read the previous pages of this thread. This is gonna be a hilarious read when Manning inevitably gets like 6% of the vote and Cardin get 85%.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies