OTL 2020 Interactive Election Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:22:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  OTL 2020 Interactive Election Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: OTL 2020 Interactive Election Game  (Read 9555 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2018, 09:41:06 AM »

I don't even know what my candidate specific question is about...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This, basically. People find it suspicious that it ended and some think Trump bribed Muller. The question is asking if the President had any involvement in it ending.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »

Mark Cuban

"First of all, I would like to once again congratulate the brave rebels for overthrowing one of the most horrifying dictatorships in history.  I followed the revolution closely and admired the strength and endurance of the resilient fighters who fought for what they believed in: democracy.  What comes next, though, is the formation of a brand new government, which, under a Cuban presidency, the United States would be more than happy to assist with.  The current leader of the nation has voiced his support for the United States and intentions to

"Unlike my opponent, I have been paying special attention to the events unfolding in Iraq.  Such peaceful demonstrations cannot be ignored by the world nor suppressed by nations like Turkey that seek to exact control.  The United States has been the great promoter of democracy for decades, and we cannot lose this title.  As President, I would bring Iraq, Persia, Syria, Turkey, and Kurdish representatives to the table so as to organize a deal that will allow for the Kurds to make their voices heard.  They deserve to have the option of independence placed before them on the ballot.  I will not shy away from difficult situations like the President; I will confront them dead-on.

“The greatest way to continue this unprecedented growth is to enact policies designed to help the worker, the entrepreneur, and the business.  Experts agree that, except for the cut on corporate taxes, President Trump’s tax plan itself did not do much to cause this period of growth.  As President, I will govern in a fiscally responsible manner, cutting taxes for the hard-working men and women and ensuring that businesses are allowed to hired more workers than ever before.  The tax bill supported by the President did not do much; in fact, reports showed that both he and the tax plan did equally almost no amount of work.  I will be different.  I am a hands-on type of guy, someone who likes to speak with common Americans to discover what they need most.  Do you know what many of them say across the political spectrum?  Fewer taxes.  With my form of responsible fiscal policies, we will be able to drive the unemployment rate down even further, but this time, we know the new administration would have actually been responsible for making it happen.”

Well, one of the areas we need to tackle the most, fiscally speaking, is government spending.  Of course, we must lower taxes so as to help American families and businesses stay afloat to increase national productivity and the economy, but we also must cut down government spending.  Many departments spend hard-earned tax dollars on frivolous projects, resulting in either an increase in taxes or further debt.  As President, I will eliminate wasteful spending, which the current President has not seemed to care about, and make sure that departments can do what they need to do without adding to the debt. 

This is most definitely the furthest thing from the truth.  I originally had floated the idea of being Vice President because I had originally believed that President Trump could do some good for the nation.  He promoted fiscal responsibility and tolerant social positions.  But the President, as he still does, attacks those who attack him instead of doing what he needs to do: focus on helping the American people.  I knew Donald for years and thought of him highly, but as the campaign drew on, I was glad to be as far away from it as possible.  I’m running for President because I want to get our nation back on track.  I want an America where citizens don’t have to wake up every day and wonder what inappropriate thing the President tweeted.  We all need an America with strong leadership, a President who likes to get down to it, is involved in policy talks, and truly wants to reform the nation.  This is why I am running for President, not because of some position that I never really wanted.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2018, 06:14:40 PM »

I will be giving a 48 hour extension for this game so those that haven't posted can post their Campaign and debate answers. Make this count, gentlemen.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »

I will be giving a 48 hour extension for this game so those that haven't posted can post their Campaign and debate answers. Make this count, gentlemen.
I sincerely apologize, but I think i need to drop out.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2018, 09:15:10 PM »

I sincerely apologize, but I think i need to drop out.

Alright then.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »

Senator Jones is withdrawing his candidacy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09:19 PM »

Senator Jones is withdrawing his candidacy

Alright then
adamevans
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2018, 02:12:56 PM »

Donald Trump
1st Republican Presidential Debate

Debate Answers & Responses

It's simple. How about let's put America first? I've done that for the past 4 years, and it's a policy that works. We're going to keep putting our interests first, not other countries. We should be focusing on our own interests, that's not what Cuban wants to do. It's what I will do and will continue to do. We've spent trillions and trillions and trillions overseas before my administration. We stopped that. Let's not start doing it again now.

Why is this in our interests? I just told everyone watching that we're not going to spend trillions overseas. Anyone who has an idea about money knows that this is a terrible trade-off to throw trillions overseas. What Cuban wants to do is bring back the Obama foreign policy where we spent trillions, trillions, trillions overseas. I'll say it again and again, we cannot go back to making these horrible deals at the expense of our taxpayers. The elite and special interest want to make sure that we go back to this disastrous foreign policy. Not in my administration, never in my administration. The only special interest I serve is the American people.

This is some of the best growth in history. The American People made a great choice hiring someone who knew something about money rather than the same establishment politicians that always control everything. We're going to continue bringing our jobs back, we're going to finish building the wall and securing our border, we're going to keep making America great again!  It's astonishing with such massive economic growth that someone from my own party would challenge the President. It's just what the special interest want, but it isn't what the American people want.

The only president in history to completely remove all debt was Andrew Jackson. With our 2019 fiscal budget, we're headed to be the 2nd President to do that. With the national debt down more than 9,000,000,000,000 since I took office, we're going to give our children a future that they deserve. The only person that can keep this happening is you, the American people. We put America first abroad for once, and any statistic can show you that was a good decision. We need to continue that. We will continue that.

Mueller ended his investigation because there was nothing to investigate like I've said multiple times, and the only people that still push this are the desperate elitist and special interest that once controlled everything. Now, it is the American people who control. With record high stocks and record low unemployment, the Republican Party has a choice. They can either return to the same failed establishment politics or they can stay with the administration that has given America a booming economy, declining national debt, and one of the most popular foreign policies ever.

Closing Statement
We've come too far to give up. More Americans are at work than ever, the stocks are at their best, the economy is one of the best it's ever been. It's because the American people control, and we can't turn back on that. Let's beat the special interest and lobbyists once more. Let's keep making America great again.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »

Haven't forget about this, Sherrod Brown will be stating his answers to the questions shortly...
adamevans
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »

Re- Elect President Trump
It's Morning in America Again

Re- Election Kickoff
Manchester, NH

Wooow, look at this crowd. So many people here. It's insane. Such a good-looking looking crowd too. Thank you all for coming here today! Did you hear about the newest polls of me vs a generic democrat? They're huuuge! That is truly the voice of the American people. It's been the greatest honor to serve as your President and Make America Great Again! The newest DOW numbers are above 37,000, and the unemployment below 1%. That's insane, isn't it? Well, what can I say? That's a country that is truly ran by it's people, and not by the Special Interest. You have nearly everyone in this country at work! The American Dream is truly back! I could not have done it without you. Remember when they were expecting a huge blue wave? Man, that was a shocker. The American People came out to show they're still tired of establishment politics! We kept the House AND the Senate.

I'm truly awed by how much support the great people of this nation have showed me. It's everything this country has needed to get back on track, and it's a good thing we elected someone who knows a thing or two about money. It's a miracle with what's happened with this country, truly something you don't see in other countries. We're on track to completely end the national debt! We're on track for the lowest unemployment in this nation's history! Thank you, thank you!

Let me ask you once more. It's Morning in America Again, and I am running again!

Thank you, thank you! Let's finish the wall and secure our borders. Let's make sure the elitists and cronies don't get back in Washington! Let's continue this path of economic growth controlled by you, the American people! What I've seen in this campaign is something historic. I'm fighting for you and only you. The only special interest group I serve is the American people, and it's gonna stay that way! We will keep America safe, we will keep America prosperous, and we will keep America great! God bless you, and good night!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »

Campaign Schedule, August 2019

Schedule
New Hampshire, August 1 - 8
Florida, August 26 - 31

August 1-8

• Rallies in Manchester, Concord, Nashua, Portsmouth
  • Town Hall in Keene
  • Meet & Greet in Manchester

August 9-25

• Presidential Duties

August 26-31

• Rallies in Orlando and Jacksonville
  • Town Halls in Tampa and Gainesville
  • Meet & Greet in Tallahassee

adamevans
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

President Trump's Endorsements

Senator Portman endorses President Trump
FOX News

Jon Huntsman endorses Donald Trump for Re- Election
CNN

Mitch Daniels endorses President Trump
FOX News

Huckabee endorses the President
ABC News

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »

3 hours left for this turn
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2018, 08:20:57 PM »

1. The recent 51-49 vote on the Modified Graham-Cassidy Bill has left many Democrats scared about what will replace Obamacare, which was repealed last year. As President, how will you handle Healthcare?

Well i'll make this clear. As Senator of the Great State of Ohio, i fought hard in the Senate to fight for Single Payer Healthcare. I agree with Senator Sanders in that it is a shame that the most industrialized nation in the western world, and strongest, can't give its poorest citizens adequate healthcare. I have fought hard for this and for the people of Ohio and Obamacare was a step in the right direction. Graham-Cassidy is a shame meanwhile.

2. Trump’s Border wall has recently reached 25% of the way complete. If you are elected President, how will you stand on the border wall?

Lets make it clear, that funding a Border wall will not be very effective. Immigrants will find ways around it and we will be taking about the walls replacement after it is down. I'm not even against a wall, or increased border security, but i find it ironic that the Donald said that "Mexico will pay for it". Instead he has cost the American pay taxer billions trying to fund this pointless thing. This will not solve the Immigration crisis

3. As of 2017, President Trump announced he was moving the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. As President, will you want a One-state solution or Two-state Solution?

We need a independent Palestine and independent Israel, no way around that. Donald Trump has made it clear the United States are biased in favor of Palestine, not how any negotiations are suppose to work. He has made the situation worse and under President Brown, we will have fair negotiations to solve it.

4. Recently, there has been a revolution in Iran that has the gigantic goal of turning the country of Iran from an Islamic Theocracy to an Democratic Republic. As President, what will be your general policy with these rebels?

Will have learned the lesson of Iraq and Afghanistan. In this crucial time, the United States should not take active part in internal Iranian affairs, it will make it worse. Instead under a Brown presidency, the United States will watch the situation carefully and make sure things don't get out of hand. I support Iranian democracy fully and i think this is the best course of action.

5. As of this month alone, there a number of peaceful protests by the Kurdish people for Freedom and Independence. What will be your general feelings to the idea of an independent Kurdistan?

The Kurds have been a historically oppressed minority group. Their valiant fight for independence earns them a state. A Brown Presidency will fight hard for the Kurds to have a independent state.

6. President Trump has constantly talked about opening up an investigation on former Senator and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. What are your thoughts on this idea?

We could just as easily start the same investigation on the corruption of the president. Anyways, the past is the past. As Senator Sanders has said "Enough is Enough". 2016 was 2016, and i hope everyone of this stage want to look to the future, not the past. So on this Donald Trump is just perpetrating past polarization.

Special Question. To Senator Brown: Senator, there are those thinking that you are too liberal for the Nomination and that you won’t appeal to the working class at all. What are your thoughts on this idea?

Ha, i can't appeal to the working class. Man... i am the working class (laughter can be heard). I grew up in the working class, represent a working class state, and am still pretty damn working class. I am not a billionaire or a millionaire, just a senator trying to get things done for the people and not for the corrupt interests. If that means i'm too liberal then so be it, but the working class doesn't care if your liberal or conservative - they care if you care for them. I know because i have talked to them, unlike many of my critics who would say this.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »

Turn closed.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »

TURN 2: SEPTEMBER IS CHAOS

IRANIAN GOVERNMENT SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDS QOM

On August 15th, in a bid to secure Tehran, Persian rebel forces tried to take the crucial city of Qom, but encountered heavy resistance upon reaching the outskirts. After 14 days of battle, Persian forces retreated. The battle was very deadly with almost 50,000 casualties on both sides.

KURDISH REFERENDUM PASSES; COUNTRY TO BE CREATED ON 14TH

the 3 referendums that happened in Persia, Iraq, and Syria for Kurdish Independence passed with overwhelming results for yes. On the day of the referendum, there were celebrations in the streets of all three countries. Turkey and The Iranian Government refused to recognize it and Declared it to be greatly Illegal.

BORDER WALL BILL TIES 50-50; VICE PRESIDENT PENCES BREAKS TIE WITH YES

On the day that the vote in Congress for a extension of Trump's border wall from Arizona to New Mexico, the vote was close but after a tie, Vice President Mike Pence broke it with a yes vote, to the dismay of many Democrats. Construction is expected to begin on the 15th and will most likely end on June 17th if there isn't any Delays.

CATALAN PEOPLE REBEL AGAINST SPAIN; INSURGENCY IN CATALONIA BEGINS

On the 17th, after decades of oppression, the Nation of Catalonia Declared Independence from Spain. Despite quick Spanish movements to crush the Revolution, it has quickly become a Guerilla movement. Experts say that the war could go either way.

ISIS FINALLY DESTROYED

On August 28th, it was reported that ISIS, the group that had once Threatened the middle East for a few years, was ended. Experts say that unless another country becomes unstable, it's unlikely that ISIS could ever rise again.

SENATOR BERNIE SANDERS DECLARES RETIREMENT FROM POLITICS

On August 18th, in a major surprise that no one expected, Bernie Sanders, Senator of Vermont since 2007, announced retirement, stating that he believed it was time to let go and leave politics. A special Election will take place in September 2020. Here is current Polling for the state:

Generic Democrat: 52%
Generic Republican: 46%
Unsure: 2%

Senate after SE: 54-46
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2018, 09:07:47 AM »

Poll will be posted in a few hours
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:13 PM »

Is it too late for me to enter the race?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 03:33:04 AM »

Nope
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »

BREAKING NEWS:Florida Senator Marco Rubio has been shot

Earlier this morning around 7am in his home of Miami on September 5th 2019 Senator Marco Rubio was heavily wounded in a  asassannation attempt by a member of the Communist terrorist group “ANTIFA”.
Unfortunately a guard of the Senator was killed trying to save Rubio from his doom

The preparator has been identified as Chris Walker who on his social media account described himself as a “Anarcho Communist” And mostly wrote about bringing a Communist revolution to Amercia.  It is worth noted the Mr Walker was the leader of the ANTIFA based group. Anti Fascist Miami.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »

Mark Cuban
Campaign Kick-Off
July 10, 2019

"How're we doing today?  My fellow Americans, I think we can agree that the time is right for change.  For the past two-and-a-half years, President Trump has embarrassed us on the world stage.  Leaders respect us less and trade deals are crumbling.  He has polarized the electorate like never before, and he has refused to uphold his promises to the American people.  He chooses to fight with others in a petty manner on Twitter and attack underdeveloped nations.  We cannot take four more years of this.  And that is why I, Mark Cuban, am running for President of the United States as a member of the Republican Party.

The Republican Party needs a rebranding if it is to win elections again.  We must rid the party of the President's influence and move forward to better the economy.  We must legislate by protecting individual freedoms, pursuing free-trade deals, and promoting economic and infrastructural development.  This is the party we need, and this is why I am running.  I am against the current party leadership because it has proven ineffective at stopping the President's dangerous policies.  Let us join together in really taking on the establishment and giving the people of the United States a new voice.  Thank you!  Let's do this!"
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2018, 10:35:22 AM »

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »

Who do you want to be?
adamevans
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2018, 12:12:45 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 09:17:29 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

September 2019 GOP Primary: Trump still ahead[/center]

Despite quite a strong debate performance from Mark Cuban, his lack of campaigning in August has severely hindered the performance of Cuban while Trump campaigned in August

GOP National Poll:
Trump: 83%
Cuban: 6%
Unsure: 11%

GOP Iowa Poll:
Trump: 74%
Cuban: 10%
Unsure: 16%

GOP Florida Poll:
Trump: 75%
Cuban: 20%
Unsure: 5%

GOP Nevada Poll:
Trump: 68%
Cuban: 7%
Unsure: 25%

GOP South Carolina Poll:
Trump: 90%
Cuban: 4%
Unsure: 6%

GOP New Hampshire Poll:
Trump: 62%
Cuban: 28%
Unsure: 10%

August 2019 DEM Primary: Brown the Champion

With the withdrawal of Senator Doug Jones and Governor Graham from the Democratic Race, Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio seems the most likely of all the candidates despite not really campaigning. The entrance of Mrs. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan may change that, however. If they campaign, it is prevalent that they may succeed in the polls

DEM National Polling:
Brown: 33%
Whitmer: 20%
Kander: 10%
Unsure: 47%

DEM Iowa Polling:

Brown: 40%
Whitmer: 25%
Kander: 12%
Unsure: 23%

DEM New Hampshire Polling:
Brown: 48%
Whitmer: 34%
Kander: 4%
Unsure: 12%

DEM Nevada Polling:
Brown: 39%
Whitmer: 25%
Kander: 11%
Unsure: 25%

DEM Florida Polling:
Brown: 40%
Whitmer: 18%
Kander: 12%%
Unsure: 30%

DEM South Carolina Polling:
Whitmer: 42%
Kander: 17%
Brown: 12%
Unsure: 39%

PRESIDENT TRUMP V GENERIC DEMOCRAT IN 2020 AS OF Septmeber 2019

Due to the lack of cmapaigning from the Democrats, Trump seems to be getting in an even stonger position than earlier

Trump: 57%
Generic Democrat: 30%
Independent: 10%
Unsure: 3%
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies