Trump attacks protections for refugees from ‘sh**thole’ countries in Oval Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:12:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump attacks protections for refugees from ‘sh**thole’ countries in Oval Office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: Trump attacks protections for refugees from ‘sh**thole’ countries in Oval Office  (Read 29870 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2018, 11:31:26 PM »

Mishka the Bear
Friedrich Engles he is so c
YaBB God

★★★★★

Jaruzelski attacks protections for shipyard workers who join Solidarity in Poland
« on: October 8, 1982 at 10:11:36 pm »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Anti-labor polices have been promoted by the Soviet Union for half a century.

Stalin was literally one of the worst enemies of labor unions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_unions_in_the_Soviet_Union#Stalinist_era

In short

YOU ARE AN AIRHEAD
I understand that Stalin was anti labor and you know what he probably wasn’t a real Communist same with the Soviet Union.
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/quote]
This is the greatest thing I've ever seen (and yes I would've been out there promoting John Glenn two years before the 1984 presidential election).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 11:45:09 PM by Frodo »

Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=281880.0

Please read this.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2018, 12:02:03 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is. Some parts of Africa are not places you want to live. Even some parts of the U.S. are horrible. Stop overprojecting. He slightly has a point. Everywhere has crapholes.

Of course someone from New Jersey would say that.

Hey don't talk sh!t about New Jersey. Go back to having mudslides and forest fires, California scum.

There's nothing to go back to since I'm already here, but I'd sooner go back to Ontario if I were to move elsewhere.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:55 AM »

Thank you, and hopefully this thread stays on topic from now on. This is not the place for discussions on Christianity and anti-semitism, and retribution will be swift if it returns there or digresses to another unrelated topic.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:04 AM »

Thank you, and hopefully this thread stays on topic from now on. This is not the place for discussions on Christianity and anti-semitism, and retribution will be swift if it returns there or digresses to another unrelated topic.
Alright like I said I honestly apologize my words did come out in the right way and it ended up adding and extra 1-3 pages which weren’t needed.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2018, 01:22:41 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2018, 11:35:15 AM by JFK/LBJ '64 »

Raise your hand if you're from a sh*thole country!
My great great grandmother came here from Ireland sometime between 1915 and 1925, which was, at the time, a "sh*thole country."

(should we have to censor ourselves if we're quoting the effing President of the United States?)

I've always identified strongly with my immigrant roots, so this slander from the so-called "leader" of the United States hit particularly close to home. Also, having actually been to Hispanola (the DR, to a fishing town called Monte Cristi, which is close to the Haitian border) and knowing a number of people who currently live in Haiti, that made me extra angry (especially when combined with the "they all have AIDS" comment from a few weeks ago). Haiti is not developed to the level of the US (or even the DR) but it's also got great people and a great culture. I would never, ever apply the term "sh*thole" to it. Haiti is beautiful, if deeply flawed; I would be glad to accept any immigrants from there into my community.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2018, 01:25:08 AM »

Raise your hand if you're from a sh*thole country! 🙋
My great great grandmother came here from Ireland sometime between 1915 and 1925, which was, at the time, a "sh*thole country."

(should we have to censor ourselves if we're quoting the effing President of the United States?)

I've always identified strongly with my immigrant roots, so this slander from the so-called "leader" of the United States hit particularly close to home. Also, having actually been to Hispanola (the DR, but a fishing town called Monte Cristi, which is close to the Haitian border) and who knows a number of people who currently live in Haiti, that made me extra angry (especially when combined with the "they all have AIDS" comment from a few weeks ago). Haiti is not developed to the level of the US (or even the DR) but it's also got great people and a great culture. I would never, ever apply the term "sh*thole" to it. Haiti is beautiful, if deeply flawed; I would be glad to accept any immigrants from there into my community.
This is the point I was hoping to make with my post about my grandfather leaving Germany. Thank you for saying it so well.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2018, 01:33:52 AM »

Well there's nothing else to do but win bigly in November. None of this really gets to me at this point.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2018, 02:23:55 AM »

And here we go.... Trumplicans acting like the comments are all a part of some master plan.

Thomas Paine‏
@Thomas1774Paine
Follow Follow @Thomas1774Paine
More
MSM just opened the trap door for Trump to savage the Clinton Foundation for ripping off Millions form Haiti.

Set up like a bowling pin.
I read and check up on right wingers now and then and they say/tweet/write the most absurd and batsh!t crazy things I had ever read

Who wants to bet that jfern will use that argument to defend his position that Trump is better than Hillary?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2018, 02:32:22 AM »

I've always identified strongly with my immigrant roots, so this slander from the so-called "leader" of the United States hit particularly close to home. Also, having actually been to Hispanola (the DR, but a fishing town called Monte Cristi, which is close to the Haitian border) and who knows a number of people who currently live in Haiti, that made me extra angry (especially when combined with the "they all have AIDS" comment from a few weeks ago). Haiti is not developed to the level of the US (or even the DR) but it's also got great people and a great culture. I would never, ever apply the term "sh*thole" to it. Haiti is beautiful, if deeply flawed; I would be glad to accept any immigrants from there into my community.

Both my parents are from sh!thole countries too.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2018, 02:40:53 AM »

Right, people from Norway, where is a strong welfare state and more equal opportunities, want to leave their country and move to America under Trump, who is dismantling the state.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2018, 02:56:48 AM »

THIS!!!

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/951579181501960192

Trump's guide to diversity

Africa: Array of sh**thole countries
Haitians: Have AIDS
Nigerians: Live in huts
Puerto Ricans: Lazy
Black Americans: Ingrates
Mexicans: Criminals and rapists
Muslims: Evil terrorists
Women: Treat them like sh**t

White supremacists: VERY FINE PEOPLE
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2018, 03:10:29 AM »

This is the point I was hoping to make with my post about my grandfather leaving Germany. Thank you for saying it so well.

Both of your personal stories bring a form of happiness and good, in a time of the dark and ugly bigotry from our president.
Thank you for sharing.
(jphp, I read your story earlier about your grandfather from Germany.)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2018, 03:15:53 AM »

THIS!!!

"I am the least racist and sexist person you have ever met."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2018, 03:17:08 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2018, 03:20:29 AM by ProudModerate2 »

THIS!!!

An excellent summary of the situation, so far, of what the Orange Slug has done to our society.
And we are only 1 year in, his term. God help us through the next 75%.
The one thing that stands out the most is that Charlottesville comment, where HE DID describe those fascists scum as "very fine people." Ugggg!

The only thing I would modify from that list is the "Women" line. It should read as ...
Women: Treat them like sh*t, and grab them by the pu**y
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2018, 03:48:08 AM »

Why blame Trump? It's been blatantly obvious from the very beginning who he is. The true culprits are the deplorables that elected him.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2018, 04:05:22 AM »

This is what I want trump supporters to explain to me ....
The Official response from the White House says:

Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people.

In the entire "sh**thole countries" statement made by the Orange Slug, he himself also talked about Norway. Is Norway not also a "foreign country?"
If the New Fuhrer is protecting "the American people," why is Norway (in his diluted mind) not also considered a "foreign country?" Why did he show favoritism towards one foreign country but not others?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »

Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people.

In the entire "sh**thole countries" statement made by the Orange Slug, he himself also talked about Norway. Is Norway not also a "foreign country?"
If the New Fuhrer is protecting "the American people," why is Norway (in his diluted mind) not also considered a "foreign country?" Why did he show favoritism towards one foreign country but not others?

He means protecting Americans by letting in people from places like Norway instead of the other places he mentioned.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2018, 10:03:12 AM »

THIS!!!

EPCOT's World Showcase according to Donald Trump:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:56 AM »

He means protecting Americans by letting in people from places like Norway instead of the other places he mentioned.

Why would people from Norway want to move to the US?  In almost all international surveys, it's at or near the top in things like happiness, prosperity, and life expectancy, while the US is well down the list.  It seems obvious that any country is going to attract more people from countries worse off than it is by such standards, than from countries better off.  People migrate because they want to have an opportunity for a better life.  This was fundamental to the development of the US. 
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »

Since when have Haitian immigrants or refugees endangered Americans? I don’t know the statistics, but I’d wager those of African origin have contributed very few, if any, persons who’ve committed terrorism on American soil. Arguably we’re more likely to be threatened by a citizen of a European country than the places he mentioned. So, the alleged reasoning has no basis in reality.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »

Considering that Norway has a higher standard of living than the United States and is more democratic it makes zero sense why anyone from there would want to come here. Moving to the United States would be a step down.

It doesn't take a genius to know that it's perfectly possible for all of that to be true while the United States still has immensely more economic opportunity...
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2018, 10:59:22 AM »

@realDonaldTrump
2 hours ago
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:55 AM »

@realDonaldTrump
2 hours ago
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!

I dare him to.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies