Trump attacks protections for refugees from ‘sh**thole’ countries in Oval Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:01:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump attacks protections for refugees from ‘sh**thole’ countries in Oval Office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
Author Topic: Trump attacks protections for refugees from ‘sh**thole’ countries in Oval Office  (Read 29875 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »
« edited: January 12, 2018, 08:21:03 PM by Great Again: The Genius Presidency »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-acknowledges-tough-language-but-appears-to-deny-sh**thole-remark/2018/01/12/c7131dae-f796-11e7-beb6-c8d48830c54d_story.html

(^^ URL to WaPo censored due to Atlas anti-expletive settings)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »

My brother-in-law, from a "s***hole" country, works harder every day than you have ever had to work in your life, Donny. Hillary's comment could at least have applied to Trump. He really is racist, deplorable, and irredeemable.

So does my cousins fathers brothers nephews former roommate
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2018, 09:13:44 PM »

Countries in red are sh**tholes. Agree/Disagree/Did I miss any?
China should definitely be on list.

So does that mean me and my family should be banned from America?
No but China is a communist Sh*thole country. I’m going to say this asians are by far the best Americans.

Reducing China to a one-dimensional "communist sh*thole country" displays a profound ignorance of the country. And don't give me that model minority BS, okay? We know that you only like Asians as a bludgeon against black and brown people.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2018, 09:15:52 PM »

My brother-in-law, from a "s***hole" country, works harder every day than you have ever had to work in your life, Donny. Hillary's comment could at least have applied to Trump. He really is racist, deplorable, and irredeemable.

Or my parents, or Kamala's parents, or half of my friends and their parents. And don't you have relatives/ancestors who were immigrants? I remember that they were Cuban. By Greedo's logic, Cuba is also a communist sh*thole and thus the US should never had allowed any in.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »

Wait, are you actually doubting that some immigrants work harder than Trump?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:04 PM »

Wait, are you actually doubting that some all immigrants work harder than Trump?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2018, 09:38:32 PM »

Or my parents, or Kamala's parents, or half of my friends and their parents. And don't you have relatives/ancestors who were immigrants? I remember that they were Cuban. By Greedo's logic, Cuba is also a communist sh*thole and thus the US should never had allowed any in.

Nah I’m Cuban but I put it as a sh**thole
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2018, 09:41:15 PM »

As much as I disagree with Trump on almost everything else, he's not wrong to classify such countries in this way.

I mean, what are countries like Nigeria, Congo or Pakistan - other than sh*tholes ?

The Austrian school of thought on this subject doesn't have a great track record, thx
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2018, 10:04:42 PM »

You just cant make this crap-up!
What kind of bizarre individual would say such a thing?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Remember that Jesse Watters was the one who made the racist and infamous Chinatown segment.

Racists got to defend other racists, after all!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »

So your former roommate?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2018, 10:12:38 PM »

So your former roommate?

Idk bro. I’m drunk and I was quoting spaceballs
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »

No that’s putting words into my mouth i support trumps travel ban but that’s it. I don’t support banning immigration from a country unless it has terrorism involved. Cubans and Haitians are fine. But that doesn’t change that Cuba is a Sh*thole communist country.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »

So your former roommate?

can we plz avoid drunk sh**tposting
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2018, 10:48:09 PM »

So your former roommate?

can we plz avoid drunk sh**tposting

If my university's College Republican club can do an entire debate while drunk, Foxy should have every right to do so too.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2018, 10:54:08 PM »

So your former roommate?

How mature.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2018, 10:54:30 PM »

No that’s putting words into my mouth i support trumps travel ban but that’s it. I don’t support banning immigration from a country unless it has terrorism involved. Cubans and Haitians are fine. But that doesn’t change that Cuba is a Sh*thole communist country.

Fair enough that you don't want to ban people from "sh*thole countries," but unlike you Trump does. And since Trump is the hill you want to die on, here we are.

That also doesn't make your assertion that China, Cuba etc. are "sh*thole countries" any more valid. Even if you have legitimate grievances against their governments and economic systems, calling the countries sh*tholes is overly simplistic and does nothing. Imagine the thousands of years of Chinese culture - art, science, music, food, philosophy, etc. - that you willfully ignore when you call China a sh*thole. And likewise with the shorter but equally vibrant history and culture of Cuba. Countries and people aren't their governments, nor should their problems (legitimate or otherwise) define them.

(Also it's funny that you still think that China's anywhere near Communist. HillGoose's description of China as a "bourgeoisie dictatorship," while still grossly simplistic and unhelpful, is at least closer to reality than calling China communist.)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »

So your former roommate?

How mature.

Sorry man. I’m 22 and in college what else ani suppost to fo on friday
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »

Nah I’m Cuban but I put it as a sh**thole
But you’re not the President
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2018, 11:27:09 PM »

So your former roommate?

How mature.

Study. What you're supposed to be doing.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2018, 11:51:42 PM »

So your former roommate?

How mature.

idea: atlas forum drunk debate night.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2018, 12:35:54 AM »

So your former roommate?

How mature.

idea: atlas forum drunk debate night.

Is this...is this not what we’ve been doing?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2018, 12:53:07 AM »

So,  Nigera, India, Turkey, the Philippines and Pakistan and Egypt? Plus nations where the US has militarily intervened: Somalia, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2018, 03:13:45 AM »

America does not need the world, the world needs America. If they don't like us, they can stick it
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2018, 03:35:06 AM »

So,  Nigera, India, Turkey, the Philippines and Pakistan and Egypt? Plus nations where the US has militarily intervened: Somalia, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan.

There are terrorists coming from Europe too, like France and Belgium. Ban them too?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2018, 04:50:01 AM »

As much as I disagree with Trump on almost everything else, he's not wrong to classify such countries in this way.

I mean, what are countries like Nigeria, Congo or Pakistan - other than sh*tholes ?

The Austrian school of thought on this subject doesn't have a great track record, thx

That's not true. As one of the most affected countries by the recent immigrant wave, now-Chancellor Kurz was responsible for closing the Balkans-route.

Otherwise, there would be even more terrorists and welfare abusers (posing as refugees) here right now, endangering European countries.

So, please think again when disqualifying the "Austrian school of thought". Besides, it is not an "Austrian school of thought", it's called common sense.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies