Canadian by-elections, 2018 (next: Leeds-Grenville-etc., federal, Dec 3) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian by-elections, 2018 (next: Leeds-Grenville-etc., federal, Dec 3) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian by-elections, 2018 (next: Leeds-Grenville-etc., federal, Dec 3)  (Read 47407 times)
toaster
Canada

« on: February 04, 2018, 06:18:49 AM »

I presume in Ontario, a Simcoe North byelection will be pre-empted by the general election ;-)

He is staying on as MPP, so no by-election there.  Nonetheless it will be interesting to see if the PCs choose a new candidate for Barrie-Oro Medonte-Springwater or not.  Probably better to drop him altogether as this will just dog them in the campaign.  The federal election is in 2019 so by then the case will have gone through the courts and he can always run there although the two Barrie ridings are taken, but maybe Simcoe North will open up again as Bruce Stanton has been there since 2006 and is in his early 60s.

I wonder if Ann Hoggarth will try to switch ridings.  She is nominated in Barrie - Innisfil but Barrie—Springwater—Oro-Medonte is much more winnable for the Liberals.  It's assumed she didn't choose the latter because the leader of the PCs was the candidate there (in Brown), but with that changed, I could see her switching over.
toaster
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »

Jagmeet should run in Brampton.  It doesn't seem opportunistic, it seems smart.  No one is under an illusion that Jagmeet is moving there just for fun. It's because a seat came open.  Now one is opening in an area he formerly represented.  The NDP is better off playing it safe for their leader.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies