AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 03:55:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2018: Sinema Paradiso  (Read 105017 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: November 10, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »

Looks like we just got a dump from Pinal, McSally gained about 300 votes.

out of how many votes? Anyway, I am moving this to safe D

About 5,000 votes. Looks like McSally won by about 4%, which is not what she needs.

Jeez, McSally can't keep underperforming these dumps.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #826 on: November 10, 2018, 03:43:56 PM »

So only red counties are reporting today?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #827 on: November 10, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

No, Maricopa and Pima are reporting today as well and Sinema should expand her lead by at least another 15K votes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #828 on: November 10, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »

No, Maricopa and Pima are reporting today as well and Sinema should expand her lead by at least another 15K votes.

but have they yet?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #829 on: November 10, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »

but have they yet?

Nope, Maricopa reports at 5:00 (7:00 EST) and idk when Pima reports.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #830 on: November 10, 2018, 07:09:23 PM »

New dump: Sinema up nearly 30,000 votes now and 1.3% over McSally
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #831 on: November 10, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »

The race is now Lean D according to 538-

Sinema, as I predicted prior to the election, will win narrowly. This should be of at least some consolation to the Democrats.

All I know is that we probably only net lost 2 seats (from the looks of az), picked up near 40 in the house, picked up several big governor races, net gained hundreds and hundreds in state legislatures, picked up dozens of state row offices, kept some of my favorite people, passed multiple pro democratic platforms via referendums in many states, etc. Sure, we did not win every race, that never occurs. But if you call that a red wave or whatever you want to call it, go right on ahead. I’m not going to argue it, it’s not of importance to me, and I already made my case one time in the forum community thread can we all agree on one thing? Point is, spin it however you want to, call it whatever, but I’m happy with it, if you call it a red wave or a wash or whatnot, I still like what happened. If what went down is considered winning to fine for the republicans, I’m fine with it.

Wow, Bagel is a lot more reasonable than many people here.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think this election was a Dem wave. Winning every remotely competitive race never happens, even in waves.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #832 on: November 10, 2018, 07:12:33 PM »

49.5%   Kyrsten Sinema   Dem   1,045,779   
48.2%   Martha McSally   GOP   1,017,091   
2.3%                          Other  49,396

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #833 on: November 10, 2018, 07:13:33 PM »

2.3%                          Other   49,396

But muah bucket!!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #834 on: November 10, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »

The race is now Lean D according to 538-

Sinema, as I predicted prior to the election, will win narrowly. This should be of at least some consolation to the Democrats.

All I know is that we probably only net lost 2 seats (from the looks of az), picked up near 40 in the house, picked up several big governor races, net gained hundreds and hundreds in state legislatures, picked up dozens of state row offices, kept some of my favorite people, passed multiple pro democratic platforms via referendums in many states, etc. Sure, we did not win every race, that never occurs. But if you call that a red wave or whatever you want to call it, go right on ahead. I’m not going to argue it, it’s not of importance to me, and I already made my case one time in the forum community thread can we all agree on one thing? Point is, spin it however you want to, call it whatever, but I’m happy with it, if you call it a red wave or a wash or whatnot, I still like what happened. If what went down is considered winning to fine for the republicans, I’m fine with it.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think this election was a Dem wave. Winning every remotely competitive race never happens, even in waves.

Bagel calls this a wave coz he spent the past 6 months screaming his Daddy Manchin would lose and Manchin won so its a wave to him. I think there was some burb stomping and clearly a wave in some states like Texas but dems didn't take back a non trump state legislature which means the wave didn't really go to the state level.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #835 on: November 10, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »

Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema.

Doesn't get old Cheesy
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #836 on: November 10, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »

2.3%                          Other  49,396

99.8% of precincts are now reporting, with 3 outstanding

1 in Yuma County (where McSally leads, and 43,035 votes have been cast)
2 in Pima County (where Sinema leads, and 305,108 votes have been cast)

McSally's path is basically closed at this point. Even if she won every single outstanding vote, she'd need 28,689 in order to pull ahead. I don't want to tempt fate, but I think this is finally over. Won't breath out until the AP call it though.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #837 on: November 10, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »

Sinema Verite!
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #838 on: November 10, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #839 on: November 10, 2018, 07:28:23 PM »

Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema, Senator Sinema.

Doesn't get old Cheesy
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2018, 07:31:41 PM »

The fact that Sinema and the Green candidate combined have 52% of the vote...

Republicans should be nervous about this state in 2020.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #841 on: November 10, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »

I mean its a trending democrat state where the current president barely won by 3 points. Its easily the 1st Romney state to flip.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #842 on: November 10, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »

Arizona is the Virginia of the West.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #843 on: November 10, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2018, 08:42:43 PM by Virginiá »

Bagel calls this a wave coz he spent the past 6 months screaming his Daddy Manchin would lose and Manchin won so its a wave to him. I think there was some burb stomping and clearly a wave in some states like Texas but dems didn't take back a non trump state legislature which means the wave didn't really go to the state level.

How long have you been lurking here?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #844 on: November 10, 2018, 07:39:34 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2018, 08:42:35 PM by Virginiá »

How long have you been lurking here?

2 months more or less im exaggerating about 6 months but yeah you get the point. Thats why bagel thinks its a wave.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #845 on: November 10, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2018, 08:42:29 PM by Virginiá »

I know that it's impossible to win every competitive election, but this year still wasn't comparable in magnitude to either 1994 or 2010. To me, it seems to be a more truncated version of 1930 or 2006, if anything. And given that Democrats lost three Senate seats, and probably lost Florida, and that some of the prime pickups in Trump states slipped away, I still don't think this year is as big a wave as people on here have tried to say it is.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #846 on: November 10, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »

Except AZ Dems Sinema aside don’t make me wanna vomit.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #847 on: November 10, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »

I would say that’s Colorado.  Arizona doesn’t seem like the kind of state that would slink so quickly into Lean/Likely D territory, since it’s still a popular destination for white retirees (right behind Florida, iirc). I think it will be a purple state for some time.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #848 on: November 10, 2018, 08:13:40 PM »

I would say that’s Colorado.  Arizona doesn’t seem like the kind of state that would slink so quickly into Lean/Likely D territory, since it’s still a popular destination for white retirees (right behind Florida, iirc). I think it will be a purple state for some time.

I think it is. The warning bells were the az 8th special election with the retirees having R registration but mass defections.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #849 on: November 10, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »

Except AZ Dems Sinema aside don’t make me wanna vomit.

Sinema said that Joe Manchin is her role model.

Does that help?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies