MO-Remington Research (R): Hawley +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:42:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Remington Research (R): Hawley +4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: MO-Remington Research (R): Hawley +4  (Read 5103 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2018, 01:30:39 AM »

Greitens has probably pushed this to about a McCaskill 1+ or 2+ at this point now, I wonder if it will stay.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 01:34:57 AM »

Also Claire has a giant coffer, so once she starts pouring in, I could see her go up a few points, and honestly now, I think she might eek it out by a point tilt R--->tossup.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 04:43:32 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 04:46:43 PM by Cal »

Also Claire has a giant coffer, so once she starts pouring in, I could see her go up a few points, and honestly now, I think she might eek it out by a point tilt R--->tossup.

She's also not afraid to go out and meet with voters who may be actively opposed to her. She's been holding Town Halls in hostile territory for months now: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/30/claire-mccaskill-senate-dems-2018-215556

She held 50 Town Halls, nearly one per week, last year: https://www.mccaskill.senate.gov/media-center/news-releases/the-town-hall-senator-mccaskill-armed-with-missourians-input-from-50-public-town-halls-is-ready-as-ever-to-fight-for-the-state-i-love
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »

She's also not afraid to go out and meet with voters who may be actively opposed to her. She's been holding Town Halls in hostile territory for months now: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/30/claire-mccaskill-senate-dems-2018-215556

She held 50 Town Halls, nearly one per week, last year: https://www.mccaskill.senate.gov/media-center/news-releases/the-town-hall-senator-mccaskill-armed-with-missourians-input-from-50-public-town-halls-is-ready-as-ever-to-fight-for-the-state-i-love

She's not given enough credit.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »

Now I doubt 25% of the electorate will be 70+ in 2018 midterms. There may be a slight biased against McCaskill in this poll.

Honestly, this might be one of the few remaining states where a Democrat like McCaskill's support could be higher among the oldest voters in a D-friendly midterm than it would be among, say, 45-65 year-olds. This certainly wasn't the case in 2012 but in lower-turnout elections where the most motivated show up, that old residual lean from the 2000s among older voters might reappear.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »

Now I doubt 25% of the electorate will be 70+ in 2018 midterms. There may be a slight biased against McCaskill in this poll.

Honestly, this might be one of the few remaining states where a Democrat like McCaskill's support could be higher among the oldest voters in a D-friendly midterm than it would be among, say, 45-65 year-olds. This certainly wasn't the case in 2012 but in lower-turnout elections where the most motivated show up, that old residual lean from the 2000s among older voters might reappear.

I am hoping so for sure.

McCaskill does have some residual good will from older voters from her time as state auditor. If we could somehow get heavy youth/black turn out and motivated old school Democrats out she could win.

Shy McCaskill voters.. it is probably a thing.. but I think she will fall short.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies