Has Trump not run, who would have won the Republican nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:55:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Has Trump not run, who would have won the Republican nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has Trump not run, who would have won the Republican nomination?  (Read 4968 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: January 08, 2018, 02:06:49 PM »

Based on this tweet:
Politics1.com Retweeted

Pat Ward

@WardDPatrick
In interview with NJ Advance, @ChrisChristie reflects on what could have been: “I absolutely believe if Trump had not gotten into the race I think we would have won.”

Of course, Christie is delusional.  A point can be made that Christie's style and Trump's style were similar which can lead to Christie comforting himself with these thoughts, but clearly this is a bridge too far.

The other main candidates still strike me as implausible, but one of the would have had to have won:
1.Ted Cruz.  Who would vote for The Zodiac Killer?  (It's a 'joke' but I think it reflects him.)
2.Marco Rubio.  An obvious empty suit.
2.John Kasich.  Too liberal.

Anybody else?  Ben Carson?  Jeb Bush?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »

Hard to say, since other candidates were so overshadowed by Trump in the early pre-primary stages. Bush probably doesn't flounder as badly. Maybe Jindal is a serious contender, or Santorum/Carson eat into Cruz's evangelical support.

There's really no way to know.

Thanks for playing.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies