PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:08:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 199836 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: March 11, 2018, 07:36:31 PM »

We're supposedly due for snow here in the Mid-Atlantic on Tuesday. Any idea how, if it all, it could affect the election? To me it sounds like it would favor Saccone.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:26:46 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2018, 07:42:10 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

My prediction prior to today was Saccone winning by 3, now I'm not so sure. I had my doubts before about a Lamb victory tomorrow but that new Monmouth poll is truly astounding! Even with the possibility of snow, Lamb will likely keep it close at a bare minimum. I still suspect that this district's natural partisan lean might help Saccone eke out a narrow win but I am now more confident than ever that Lamb could very well pull this off. It's pathetic how happy I will be if he does.

This is a true tossup and I am at least confident that it will end up embarrassing the GOP with either them losing or barely winning in a district where a Democrat shouldn't have had a chance.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:17 PM »

Guys. Lamb is going to win. Let's stop with the "Ohh partisan lean!" "Might eek out!" "Saccone +27" crap. The polls have continuously moved in favor of Lamb, he has the energized base, has the fundraising numbers, etc.

Plus, Saccone is talking like he knows he's gonna lose.

I hope you're right.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »

May the handsomest man win!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

I would like to apologize to the good people of southwestern Pennsylvania and soon-to-be Congressman Conor Lamb for underestimating them.

I would also like to apologize to Pittsburgh Steel who was right all along about this race. I am writing this with a mouthful of crow to find that my Saccone+3 prediction was actually way off!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »

I would like to apologize to the good people of southwestern Pennsylvania and soon-to-be Congressman Conor Lamb for underestimating them.

I would also like to apologize to Pittsburgh Steel who was right all along about this race. I am writing this with a mouthful of crow to find that my Saccone+3 prediction was actually way off!

I seem to recall Steel predicting Lamb +6, so I think you're actually closer than him.

But he was right about Lamb winning in the end. I was not, regardless of the margin.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »

Republicans really do love moving the goalposts. Funny how Lamb was Nancy's little pet back, and now he's basically a Republican? First, they thought he didn't stand a chance, then they spend millions to try and beat him, and now it doesn't matter that he won?

If that's the case, that Lamb might as well be a Republican; maybe the GOP should let Tester, Heitkamp, Manchin, Donnelly, Jones, and the Mississippi special election nominee run opposed. It's more Republicans in the senate by that logic!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »

There's delusion, and then there's this pathetic thing.

It's especially adorable since the Republicans' main tactics against Lamb were to paint him as a "Nancy Pelosi liberal."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »

Sounds like a sLambdunk!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 07:13:37 PM »

I have no idea who that is. I'm relatively new. Lurked here during the 2016 elections. I just like puns.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 07:35:33 PM »

This honestly doesn't seem worth the effort to contest the results so hard. A recount? Fine. But all this court nonsense is not worth a seat that is disappearing in less than a year. Saccone will have his chance at PA-14 in November anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies