PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:47:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 200763 times)
Truvinny
Rookie

« on: February 19, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »

Longtime lurker. Signed up to comment on this race. I think Lamb is going to pull it out.
First off, special elections always get more people from the opposing party out, especially with someone so unpopular in the White House. Second, the polling is definitely trending Lamb's way. And Saccone is a terrible candidate, just a generic Trumpster Republican with no new ideas. I think this latest school shooting really drives the point home that if we need anything, it's new ideas. I look forward to seeing how this race turns out. This year is going to be a Blue Wave regardless of the result in this race.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 08:30:37 PM »

Thank you PittsburghSteel and Arch!
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 10:48:49 PM »

Longtime lurker. Signed up to comment on this race. I think Lamb is going to pull it out.
First off, special elections always get more people from the opposing party out, especially with someone so unpopular in the White House. Second, the polling is definitely trending Lamb's way. And Saccone is a terrible candidate, just a generic Trumpster Republican with no new ideas. I think this latest school shooting really drives the point home that if we need anything, it's new ideas. I look forward to seeing how this race turns out. This year is going to be a Blue Wave regardless of the result in this race.

Hi man, and welcome! Two questions: Do you have any authority for the idea more voters from the out of power party tend to show up for special elections? I mean, it FEELS like a correct statement in my gut, much like the general trend for off-year elections in general, but I was just wondering.

Secondly, have the polls really turned towards Lamb? They seem to have all been in a low to mid single digit Saccone lead. The most recent showing Saccone up by 6 is actually an improvement on the last two polls showing him up only 3 points each. Caveat for MoE and all that acknowledged, but I'm wondering if there's some other polls you're aware of, even via word of mouth from people in the respective campaigns?

Just looking for every crumb of info on this really interesting race. Again, welcome!

Hi and thank you! I'm mostly basing the SE turnout thing on races like the most recent Alabama election and the Massachusetts election in 2010. My comment about the polling numbers was more meant to reflect the general trend over the last few months. I'm not an expert by any means but I think there's reason to be optimistic.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »

I keep hearing that turnout is high all accross the district. According to Monmouth, that bodes very well for Lamb.
I can't help but get a bit of a GA-06 flasback though. Yes high turnout favored Lamb in Monmouth but that is 1 poll
Days before election:
Ossoff- losing momentum
Lamb- gaining momentum
I don't see a similarity.

This.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »

Turnout in Westmoreland county might be slipping:

Westmoreland is heavily Republican.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »

I should be studying for a quiz tomorrow...

if Lamb wins, skip school in elation. If he loses, skip school in depression. IMO.

I'm on spring break so neither are an option. LMAO
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 07:09:38 PM »

Go to "Profile" then click "Look and Layout" you can change the time zone
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »

This is very exciting but not exciting at the same time.

As a political junkie, I'm loving the national implications and the expert analysis.

As a Pennsylvanian, I realize this seat isn't going to be around in January and there's a good chance both of these guys might be heading to Capitol Hill from different districts.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »

"Saccone? Never heard or met the guy"

-Trump

"Maybe I made a mistake. Might have."
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »

Early votes dump first. Makes sense Lamb would lead in these given the enthusiasm gap. Still a tossup. No clear winner or favorite.

PA special elections have no early vote, I'm pretty sure.

PA elections in general have no early vote.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »

Ho Lee Shet.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 07:50:34 PM »

Hey PittsburghSteele you're the local, what do these #'s say?

I'm local too. It looks good for Lamb.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »

CNN just said that turnout in Allegheny was very high with long lines, and people still in line when the polls closed.

Can you still vote if you're in line when the polls close?
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 08:14:39 PM »

This is gonna give me a heart attack.

Even worse than the Super Bowl
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »

Has anyone called the race yet?
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »

So basically we're getting a recount here.

Saccone (or Lamb) can find three voters in each county willing to sign an affidavit.

Doesn't there have to be a maximum percentage difference for a recount to happen?
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 09:22:01 PM »

So basically we're getting a recount here.

Saccone (or Lamb) can find three voters in each county willing to sign an affidavit.

Doesn't there have to be a minimum percentage difference for a recount to happen?
no there's no mandatory recount cuz this isn't a statewide race

No, I meant maximum. Like would they even do a recount if the difference was too big.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »

Libertarian candidate might end up being the margin
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »

His bio: "offering voters a fiscally conservative / socially inclusive choice."

Translation: "I love weed, but f**k poor people."

The Libertarian Party needs to be cancelled.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 10:24:05 PM »

His bio: "offering voters a fiscally conservative / socially inclusive choice."

Translation: "I love weed, but f**k poor people."

The Libertarian Party needs to be cancelled.

Stop it! DREW MILLER is the man of the hour!

He looks like a peak dudebro. Probably encapsulates the average libertarian perfectly.
Truvinny
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 11:47:19 PM »

LOL @ the Republican spin that "Conor Lamb is practically a Republican".

Are we going to hear that excuse on November 6 too? "The Democrats may have retaken the House, but many of these newly elected Democratic representatives are in fact true conservatives and closet Trumpists!"

Had someone tell me that Randy Bryce was probably going to be a Blue Dog Trump supporter because he's a pro-union candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies