PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:26:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 194902 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« on: January 07, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »

I’m quite surprised at the margin that Saccone is up by. If the dems lose this by 10 or more it could spell doom for Manchin-Casey-Wolf-Brown-Donnelly because this area trump is still very popular.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »

The book that has mixed reviews at best.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »

The only reviewer that matters is the American public and they are buying the book in droves using money from the tax cuts everyone already forgot about (tax reform bump = dead)
Liberals who hate trump are buying it.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:42:40 PM »

The only reviewer that matters is the American public and they are buying the book in droves using money from the tax cuts everyone already forgot about (tax reform bump = dead)
Liberals who hate trump are buying it.

Doesn't matter. All we are talking about now is Trump's brain damage, mental deficiencies, and the gorilla channel

Everyone already forgot about tax reform. Not looking good. It will reflect in the polls very soon. Expect generic ballot to be D+20
Trump is just weird I really doubt that he has brain damage or mental deficiencies.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 06:05:41 PM »

I’m quite surprised at the margin that Saccone is up by. If the dems lose this by 10 or more it could spell doom for Manchin-Casey-Wolf-Brown-Donnelly because this area trump is still very popular.

This is a textbook case of moving the goalposts. Expectations of Democrats have increased and thus some Republicans, such as yourself, are realigning your benchmarks to unreasonable positions in order to bolster your own opinions. Murphy was winning PA-18 by like 28 points in 2012 while Casey and Manchin won comfortably and in a landslide, respectively. Losing by more than 10 points in this special means none of what you said, Greedo.
But I’m saying that cause trumps approval rating could make or break manchin. If trump goes into PA-OH-WV and attacks those 3 non stop they could lose.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 08:32:15 PM »

The Wolf Book will do nothing to districts like this or any other election. It is riddled with blatant falsehoods and it no longer has any credibility. I do not know a single person taking it seriously, or anyone who is shocked by its contents.

Now, on to this, it is extremely good for Republicans. It also bodes horribly for Heitkamp and McCaskill who relied to some degree on rural support for victories.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »

This is a textbook case of moving the goalposts. Expectations of Democrats have increased and thus some Republicans, such as yourself, are realigning your benchmarks to unreasonable positions in order to bolster your own opinions. Murphy was winning PA-18 by like 28 points in 2012 while Casey and Manchin won comfortably and in a landslide, respectively. Losing by more than 10 points in this special means none of what you said, Greedo.
But I’m saying that cause trumps approval rating could make or break manchin. If trump goes into PA-OH-WV and attacks those 3 non stop they could lose.

Maybe OH and WV, but not PA. Casey dominates Trump in the state.
Well yeah but I mentioned PA as well since it’s WV in the SW. but if I were manchin I would start to get scared because he didn’t vote for the tax reform it makes it a lot harder for me and trump to support manchin.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 10:19:36 PM »

Maybe OH and WV, but not PA. Casey dominates Trump in the state.
Well yeah but I mentioned PA as well since it’s WV in the SW. but if I were manchin I would start to get scared because he didn’t vote for the tax reform it makes it a lot harder for me and trump to support manchin.

Trump campaigning against Manchin could hurt, but it could do near nothing, as seen in AL. It's a wild card.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »

I can't help but feel he's going to hurt Saccone by campaigning for him... PA has really soured on Trump since the election.
Not SouthWest Pennsylvania.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 01:24:11 PM »

I can't help but feel he's going to hurt Saccone by campaigning for him... PA has really soured on Trump since the election.

Oh yes. Especially here.
Um last I checked the Appalachia region was trump’s strongest region and still the region where he has 60+ Approval ratings.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »

Oh yes. Especially here.
Um last I checked the Appalachia region was trump’s strongest region and still the region where he has 60+ Approval ratings.

Please do show your sources.
Look he won WEST VIRGINIA by the biggest margin in history. Eastern Kentucky he won every county first time that has happened in history. He only lost 3-7 county’s in all the Appalachia region.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »

Oh yes. Especially here.

Please do show your sources.
Look he won WEST VIRGINIA by the biggest margin in history. Eastern Kentucky he won every county first time that has happened in history. He only lost 3-7 county’s in all the Appalachia region.

Yeah, well Pittsburgh is smack in the corner of PA. South Western PA.
He still won the Appalachians by the biggest or second biggest margin in history.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies