PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:51:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 200463 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:48:12 PM »

Murphy’s closest race was in 2006, a Democrat wave election.   He was also accused of illegally using District office employees to work in his campaign .  He won 58% to 42%.  Last year Trump won 58.1% to 38.5%.  So, is the bench mark for Saccone not 58%?    In that case right now Saccone is 12% short of 58% and Lamb is 8% short of 42%.  Saccone is also getting 14% of Democrats.

By the way In 2014 Corbett beat Wolf 54.9 to 45.1.  Wolf could be as big a drag as Trump.  Even in 2012 Obama lost 57.9 % to 41% and Casey lost 53.4% to 44.

I am not saying Lamb cannot climb the hill.  But it will not be easy. Even in a flood the GOP will not lose every seat

Also, if Saccone wins, that still does mean there will not be a wave.  I would suggest my Democrat friends here not place a lot of emotional energy in this race. 
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 02:03:01 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 02:07:38 AM by Arkansas Yankee »

I can't help but feel he's going to hurt Saccone by campaigning for him... PA has really soured on Trump since the election.

The Gravis poll has Trump’s approval at 54% - 39% in the 18th among likely voters.

Trump carried the District 58.1% to 38.5%.

Of course Gravis likely voter sample may not include enough energized Democrat voters.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »

Newest CLF ad up, it seems the GOP has decided to quit it with the Sheep references:

https://youtu.be/0KTO83fyz_M

You'd think watching that, that Lee Atwater was still alive making attack ads and we were still in the 80s. What's next...."Libruhl Conor Lamb was live when Willie Horton raped and killed"
S
The GOP is such a joke

So, the GOP is such a joke.

Explain how such a joke has the offices it does.  Is there a bigger joke out there?
Or, how did the GOP joke beat the Democrat joke in most of the swing states in 2016.
Or, how come the Democrat joke did not pass immigration reform in 2009 or 2010.

The actual joke may be that most of the public may not pay any attention to ads.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »

\
So, the GOP is such a joke.

Explain how such a joke has the offices it does.  Is there a bigger joke out there?

Opposition to Obama and then Clinton, not actually standing for something. Now they're reaping the whirlwind.

So, the Democrats will use the pendulum to swing back by being against Trump.

If you think Medicare for everyone will get you anywhere in the long run, just start explaing how you are  going to pay for it.

A major factor in Trump’s election was actually his immigration proposals.

This probably needs to go to a different threa.  But there were also Obama’s lies about Obamacare.  By the way did he ever heal the oceans?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

Let’s say that with American torture the victim is still alive at the end. I agree that rmuch the evidence from torture is not valid. But some maybe.

Instead of torture Obama went full into killing targets with drones with lots of collateral damage to innocents.  Tell me how that is better than torture? I actually do not object to this process.  But if you object to things like water boarding in limited cases, you should be opposed to unlimited drone killings.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »

Let’s say that with American torture the victim is still alive at the end. I agree that rmuch the evidence from torture is not valid. But some maybe.

Instead of torture Obama went full into killing targets with drones with lots of collateral damage to innocents.  Tell me how that is better than torture? I actually do not object to this process.  But if you object to things like water boarding in limited cases, you should be opposed to unlimited drone killings.
>ok, rescind your support donald trump, he doubled drone strickes

Can you read?  I said I did not object to the process.  I merely pointed out that if you are adamantly opposed to water boarding it seems you would be opposed to such indiscriminate killings with the collateral damage.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »

From the Daily Beast, an unexpected source, there is evidence that the allies in WWII used torture, a/k/a “enhancedinterrogation techniques”  to gain valuable information:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-torture-helped-win-wwii

This article below seems to say torture does not really work.  But admits some of the evidence leading to Osma Bin Ladin and his killing may have come from partners who used torture:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/jan/26/does-torture-work-and-is-it-worth-the-cost-donald-trump

I am not sure there is a definitive answer. 

Let me ask is sleep deprivation torture.

Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 10:20:26 PM »

Several weeks ago Someone said that Sconne was running as a Trumper.  Tonight someone said he was running as a Bushie.  Which is correct?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 10:30:46 PM »

Will their not be a recount?  Can even just the certification process not produce changes in the vote totals either way?  
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 11:53:16 PM »

114 GOP seats that are less Republican than this one. November just might be a bloodbath of epic proportions.
r

You really cannot believe all the GOP candidates in those districts will be as bad Saccone or all the Democrats as good as Lamb.

In comparing even Handel to Saccone, you can see how much better a candidate she was.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies