PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 197713 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 23, 2018, 04:52:23 PM »

Lamb's first ads were about protecting Social Security and Medicare, which are programs that labor unions care a lot about, AFAIK.

They also care about Right to Work, which Pennsylvania is dangerously on the verge of passing in a few years (and which Saccone has promised to vote for). I don't know why Lamb isn't at least mentioning that; it won't hurt him.

If Right to Work wasn't passed when Republicans had the trifecta, how can you say that it's on the verge of passing now with a Democratic governor?

1. I said "in a few years," implying that the outcome may depend on which party is in the governor's office.
2. Some western Pennsylvanian Republicans did not or do not support Right to Work--Tim Murphy being one of them, as he actually boasted some decent union support in the area. Someone can correct me here, but Rick Saccone would probably be the first anti-union politician to represent this district.

Election is for Congress though, not the PA state legislature.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 09:55:07 PM »

95 VOTES OH MY GOD
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »

Wow, Rothfus is done. I didn't realize that Mt. Lebanon and the surrounding area was nearly all in the new PA-17; Lamb should be a lock to win.

Both Romney and Trump won that District overall. Lamb is favored but not a lock.

All Lamb needs to do is win Beaver County, which Wolf carried in 2014.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies