PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 197789 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2450 on: March 14, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »

Laura Ingraham is absolutely convinced that Lamb is a Republican at heart. Clearly, she knows none of his views.

It seems to me that Lamb makes Laura's biological clock tick a little faster.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2451 on: March 14, 2018, 03:12:31 PM »

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2452 on: March 14, 2018, 04:00:46 PM »

"Basically a tie" in what would normally be a safe R seat is ok to them?

The interesting thing is, lying to themselves doesn't put an end to the electoral bloodbath waiting later this year. At best, it's just their public face and they understand the implications privately. At worst, they are actively deluding themselves, thus potentially hindering their ability to do things that could help blunt the impact of a backlash in November.

Personally, I don't think there is much they can do at this point, but if there was anything, stuffing Trump away in the west wing, taking his phone away and basically making him a ghost would probably help somewhat. Most of the GOP's problems right now are of Trump's own making. The man is a walking scandal. If it isn't something from his past, it's something new coming from his mouth and/or twitter account.

^This

Trump's need to constantly view himself as popular handicaps the ability of Republicans to actually engage in course correction. Trump will refuse to believe that the party's problem's stem from his actions.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2453 on: March 14, 2018, 04:02:27 PM »

Just realized Lamb will be second youngest person in Congress, he's only 5 days older than Elise Stefanik.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2454 on: March 14, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »

The interesting thing is, lying to themselves doesn't put an end to the electoral bloodbath waiting later this year. At best, it's just their public face and they understand the implications privately. At worst, they are actively deluding themselves, thus potentially hindering their ability to do things that could help blunt the impact of a backlash in November.

Personally, I don't think there is much they can do at this point, but if there was anything, stuffing Trump away in the west wing, taking his phone away and basically making him a ghost would probably help somewhat. Most of the GOP's problems right now are of Trump's own making. The man is a walking scandal. If it isn't something from his past, it's something new coming from his mouth and/or twitter account.

^This

Trump's need to constantly view himself as popular handicaps the ability of Republicans to actually engage in course correction. Trump will refuse to believe that the party's problem's stem from his actions.

Yup.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2455 on: March 14, 2018, 04:21:59 PM »

^This

Yup.

Looking through how Lamb did in the part that will be part of the new PA-17, baring now major changes, I don't see how he doesn't win in November. I think you could logically rate that district as Lean D.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2456 on: March 14, 2018, 04:32:25 PM »

Y'all would've seen the picture months ago if you started following the race from the jump. Smiley

I remember it well, and commented that Lamb seemed like a joke candidate until I learned this was a Halloween parade.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2457 on: March 14, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »

Laura Ingraham is absolutely convinced that Lamb is a Republican at heart. Clearly, she knows none of his views.

It seems to me that Lamb makes Laura's biological clock tick a little faster.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2458 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »

Does anyone think there's a chance that Saccone doesn't concede, ala Moore?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2459 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »

NYTimes has finally called it for Lamb.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2460 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »

Yasssssss
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #2461 on: March 14, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »

YES!!!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2462 on: March 14, 2018, 05:11:23 PM »

Christ that tweet is stupid.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2463 on: March 14, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »

For people who were so quick to dismiss him as another "Pelosi Liberal", the Republicans seem eager to claim him as their own.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2464 on: March 14, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »

For people who were so quick to dismiss him as another "Pelosi Liberal", the Republicans seem eager to claim him as their own.
Once they lose, it's shows their lies attacking any democrat as a radical leftist.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2465 on: March 14, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 05:52:56 PM by PittsburghSteel »

Btw, who were the users saying I should eat crow and/or ban myself if Conor lost? Smiley
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2466 on: March 14, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »

LOL @ the Republican spin that "Conor Lamb is practically a Republican".

Are we going to hear that excuse on November 6 too? "The Democrats may have retaken the House, but many of these newly elected Democratic representatives are in fact true conservatives and closet Trumpists!"
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2467 on: March 14, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »

Just realized Lamb will be second youngest person in Congress, he's only 5 days older than Elise Stefanik.
He's five days younger isn't he? Stefanik was born on July 2nd and Lamb was born on June 27th.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2468 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04:53 PM »

Well, if Lamb goes on to represent the 17th, I will guarantee you that he'll vote for Pelosi.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2469 on: March 14, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »

He's five days younger isn't he? Stefanik was born on July 2nd and Lamb was born on June 27th.

Nope.  Earlier birthday = older.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2470 on: March 14, 2018, 06:12:09 PM »

Oh my god I'm an idiot.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2471 on: March 14, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

I would like to apologize to the good people of southwestern Pennsylvania and soon-to-be Congressman Conor Lamb for underestimating them.

I would also like to apologize to Pittsburgh Steel who was right all along about this race. I am writing this with a mouthful of crow to find that my Saccone+3 prediction was actually way off!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2472 on: March 14, 2018, 06:37:06 PM »

I would like to apologize to the good people of southwestern Pennsylvania and soon-to-be Congressman Conor Lamb for underestimating them.

I would also like to apologize to Pittsburgh Steel who was right all along about this race. I am writing this with a mouthful of crow to find that my Saccone+3 prediction was actually way off!

I seem to recall Steel predicting Lamb +6, so I think you're actually closer than him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2473 on: March 14, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »

I seem to recall Steel predicting Lamb +6, so I think you're actually closer than him.

But he was right about Lamb winning in the end. I was not, regardless of the margin.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #2474 on: March 14, 2018, 06:39:11 PM »

Oh my god I'm an idiot.
omggg
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies