PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 103
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 197631 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 07, 2018, 11:21:48 PM »

Exactly why I think Lamb is going to pull this off. The momentum is clearly on his side, and the GOP's scattered message in the ads suggests that the internals are showing things they don't like.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #751 on: March 07, 2018, 11:48:01 PM »

I phonebanked a little this morning. Was talking with this woman who supported Lamb when I saw the Gravis poll. Unfortunately, this race is now Safe R and I told the woman that she shouldn't bother voting. She had heard about the Democratic collapse in the Texas primary and thought the same.

So I see you've given up even attempting to troll.

Mods, please nuke.

Do people understand what a joke is? For gods sake, I literally copied Virginia's post and added some colors and characters.

If by that you mean you tried jumping on the bandwagon of her exquisitely funny post with some stale failed attempt at me-too humor, yeah, we know.

It just was dull.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #752 on: March 09, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »

Lamb 48
Saccone 44

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxaLwXNrd7apQzFqMkx6YjdIMU5GVUZ5QVkxMXpFb05RVjhN/view
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #753 on: March 09, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »

Holy sh*t...

Is this a real polling firm?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #754 on: March 09, 2018, 09:41:58 AM »

Yes, it's RABA Research.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #755 on: March 09, 2018, 09:44:56 AM »

I still think Saccone wins. I suppose the undecided are heavily conservative.
kph14
Germany

« Reply #756 on: March 09, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »

FWIW, 538 gives them a C+ rating
kph14
Germany

« Reply #757 on: March 09, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »

It's all comes down to turnout. How likely are these unenthusiastic undecided voters to turn out in a special election? I think strong suburban turnout in Allegheny county will put Lamb over the top.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #758 on: March 09, 2018, 09:48:19 AM »

The polls are showing Lamb getting the lion's share of undecideds.

No matter the grade, they are also consistently showing Lamb pulling ahead.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #759 on: March 09, 2018, 09:49:10 AM »

Well,
I mean I predicted Roy Moore winning as well. My predictions tend to take into account too much the partisan bias of the districts.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #760 on: March 09, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »

Anyways, I'm predicting Lamb +1.7

The wave of momentum is crashing alongside Conor.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #761 on: March 09, 2018, 10:07:09 AM »

Anyways, I'm predicting Lamb +1.7

The wave of momentum is crashing alongside Conor.

I think the tariffs and amazing economic news might slow that momentum.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #762 on: March 09, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »

Yeah, this poll is questionable:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That being said the % with a college degree in PA-18 is higher than the national average, which is contrary to what folks would imagine with this district, and I imagine folks with a college degree are more like to turnout to vote in a special election.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #763 on: March 09, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »

Yeah, this poll is questionable:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That being said the % with a college degree in PA-18 is higher than the national average, which it contrary to what folks would imagine with this district, and I imagine folks with a college degree are more like to turnout to vote in a special election.

That's what I'm thinking. Highly educated voters are already more likely to turn out by default.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #764 on: March 09, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »

College graduates were 50% of the electorate in 2016 nationally, and this district is more educated than the nation as a whole, so I don't understand why Cohn thinks it's so funny for 60% to be in this race (especially when coupled with college graduates being disproportionately represented in low-turnout contests)...?

Unless he thinks that age will be a much stronger factor than education (presumably a large percentage of 55+ in this district are not college graduates), I'm not seeing what's so wrong with that figure.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #765 on: March 09, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »

College graduates were 50% of the electorate in 2016 nationally, and this district is more educated than the nation as a whole, so I don't understand why Cohn thinks it's so funny for 60% to be in this race (especially when coupled with college graduates being disproportionately represented in low-turnout contests)...?

Unless he thinks that age will be a much stronger factor than education (presumably a large percentage of 55+ in this district are not college graduates), I'm not seeing what's so wrong with that figure.

Because people think we're just a bunch of dumbass blue-collar workers Smiley. I honestly now understand the frustration of some Trump voters.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #766 on: March 09, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »

Because people think we're just a bunch of dumbass blue-collar workers Smiley. I honestly now understand the frustration of some Trump voters.

You're definitely not a bunch of dumbass blue-collar workers, but you're certainly not 60% college educated.

We are higher than the national average, and it's just one poll. College educated voters turnout more often. I'm tired that privileged white guys like Nate Cohn are so far up their asshole that they can't believe that we, in fact, aren't as dumb as a bag of rocks like they originally thought.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #767 on: March 09, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »

You're definitely not a bunch of dumbass blue-collar workers, but you're certainly not 60% college educated.

We are higher than the national average, and it's just one poll. College educated voters turnout more often. I'm tired that privileged white guys like Nate Cohn are so far up their asshole that they can't believe that we, in fact, aren't as dumb as a bag of rocks like they originally thought.

Census says 37%, with it being a special election I could see that number get close to around 50%.
swf541

« Reply #768 on: March 09, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »

+1, 100% agreed
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #769 on: March 09, 2018, 11:08:40 AM »

When is that Monmouth poll gonna drop?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #770 on: March 09, 2018, 11:14:48 AM »

I'm going to guess Monday.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #771 on: March 09, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »

RABA isn’t great but better than nothing
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: March 09, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »

Educated voters? In PA-18? It's more likely than you think.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #773 on: March 09, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »

Apparently along with unions; Conor is getting help from seniors who are breaking for him over fear of social security cuts
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #774 on: March 09, 2018, 01:20:19 PM »

However:

Essentially becase Saccone can't raise any money on his own, Lamb is able to stay close because direct candidate spending gets better rates than outside groups.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies