PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:01:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 103
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 197804 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2018, 07:31:00 PM »

Jesus Christ, the header briefly changed back to “Gravis: PA-18 Saccone +12” and I had a heart attack.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #601 on: March 02, 2018, 08:25:05 PM »

I would rail Conor all night, like seriously look

Please don't be that profane here.

"Profane" refers to the violation of that which is sacred; saying the Lord's name in vain, for example. You mean "obscene". Interestingly enough, C.S. Lewis in The Screwtape Letters, I believe, noted that Protestants were more likely to use profanity, and Catholics obscenity.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #602 on: March 02, 2018, 11:49:18 PM »

I would rail Conor all night, like seriously look

Please don't be that profane here.

"Profane" refers to the violation of that which is sacred; saying the Lord's name in vain, for example. You mean "obscene". Interestingly enough, C.S. Lewis in The Screwtape Letters, I believe, noted that Protestants were more likely to use profanity, and Catholics obscenity.

Grammar nazis everywhere...
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #603 on: March 03, 2018, 07:02:29 PM »

Another debate tonight starting in a few minutes: http://www.wtae.com/article/watch-live-pennsylvanias-18th-congressional-district-debate/19070188
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #604 on: March 03, 2018, 07:09:23 PM »

Lamb says he's in favor of the tariffs.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: March 03, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »

Lamb says he's for universal background checks, against raising the age to 21 for buying rifles. #resistance ain't gonna be happy with that.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #606 on: March 03, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »

FF Move. If I were in this district, my vote for him would have been secured.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #607 on: March 03, 2018, 10:38:18 PM »

Fine. I guess whatever he needs to do to win 😒. Just know that he is just doing it for the district. Once he is running against Rothfus he will oppose the tariffs.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #608 on: March 03, 2018, 10:48:08 PM »

Lamb says he's for universal background checks, against raising the age to 21 for buying rifles. #resistance ain't gonna be happy with that.
They should suck it up and be glad he's for something on the gun control agenda.  One slice of bread is better than no bread.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #609 on: March 03, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »

FF Move. If I were in this district, my vote for him would have been secured.

Both candidates are pro-tariff which honestly is probably for the best in a seat like this. PA-18 has a hard labor/union tradition, and will probably oppose any candidate that did come out in favor of extreme free trade and the job losses that come with it.

The problem for Lamb though is that he is looking like he is going to be the 2018 nominee for the new PA-17, no matter whether he wins or loses. PA-17, the new one, is almost a near opposite of PA-18 on trade. The north Pittsburg suburbs will not stand for a pro-tarrif candidate, so Lamb will have to do a hard flip at least on this issue.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #610 on: March 03, 2018, 11:16:22 PM »

Gross
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #611 on: March 03, 2018, 11:55:56 PM »

Its Pennsylvania. This place was built on tariffs. 
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #612 on: March 04, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »

Oh, I'm pissed with Lamb, pro tarriffs, really?! God darnit, I'm gonna take down his stupid a$$ sign. Too many straws on this camel. (Ik my opinion, endorsements, and actions don't matter, but it's just a thing I do, ok.)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #613 on: March 04, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #614 on: March 04, 2018, 12:33:54 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #615 on: March 04, 2018, 03:50:37 AM »

Oh, I'm pissed with Lamb, pro tarriffs, really?! God darnit, I'm gonna take down his stupid a$$ sign. Too many straws on this camel. (Ik my opinion, endorsements, and actions don't matter, but it's just a thing I do, ok.)

So you'll support the torture guy who supports the tariffs 110%? Ditto with gun control?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #616 on: March 04, 2018, 04:46:47 AM »

You don't run on free trade in this district. Sorry.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #617 on: March 04, 2018, 10:37:48 AM »

https://twitter.com/hotlinejosh/status/970282763415941120?s=21

Goodbye "Trump tax cuts", hello "Lamb wants MS-13 to babysit your grandchildren."

"Here’s how tricky things have gotten for Republicans: GOP outside groups have dramatically scaled back their ads promoting the party’s tax cut, with the messaging barely moving the needle in the district’s working-class confines. The latest round of advertisements focus on law-and-order issues, like immigration and crime. A new spot from the Paul Ryan-aligned Congressional Leadership Fund super PAC slams Lamb for supporting “amnesty to illegal immigrants” because he “worked in the Obama administration.” A National Republican Congressional Committee ad portrays Lamb as soft on crime because he negotiated a plea deal with a notorious drug kingpin during his tenure as a federal prosecutor. These culture-war ads are reminiscent of those run by Ed Gillespie in his failed Virginia gubernatorial campaign, and they carry the whiff of desperation."
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #618 on: March 04, 2018, 12:17:08 PM »

Goodbye "Trump tax cuts", hello "Lamb wants MS-13 to babysit your grandchildren."

"Here’s how tricky things have gotten for Republicans: GOP outside groups have dramatically scaled back their ads promoting the party’s tax cut, with the messaging barely moving the needle in the district’s working-class confines. The latest round of advertisements focus on law-and-order issues, like immigration and crime. A new spot from the Paul Ryan-aligned Congressional Leadership Fund super PAC slams Lamb for supporting “amnesty to illegal immigrants” because he “worked in the Obama administration.” A National Republican Congressional Committee ad portrays Lamb as soft on crime because he negotiated a plea deal with a notorious drug kingpin during his tenure as a federal prosecutor. These culture-war ads are reminiscent of those run by Ed Gillespie in his failed Virginia gubernatorial campaign, and they carry the whiff of desperation."
And on the flip side https://mobile.twitter.com/MediumBuying/status/970311872334454785
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #619 on: March 04, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »

The Gravis poll will be released Tuesday:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »

And on the flip side https://mobile.twitter.com/MediumBuying/status/970311872334454785

This ad will make krazey's head explode.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #621 on: March 04, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »

Yeah, the most dangerous thing in Appalachia is to have a relative or ex-boyfriend
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: March 04, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »

So you'll support the torture guy who supports the tariffs 110%? Ditto with gun control?

No, definately not. Neither one. If forced, still Lamb, but otherwise, no.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #623 on: March 04, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »

I swear to God he better not say anything remotely pro-Life.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #624 on: March 04, 2018, 03:25:39 PM »

No, definately not. Neither one. If forced, still Lamb, but otherwise, no.

There is always Drew Miller the Libertarian Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies