PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:26:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 103
Author Topic: PA-18 Special Election - Lamb by a nose  (Read 194926 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »

Newest CLF ad up, it seems the GOP has decided to quit it with the Sheep references:

https://youtu.be/0KTO83fyz_M

You'd think watching that, that Lee Atwater was still alive making attack ads and we were still in the 80s. What's next...."Libruhl Conor Lamb was live when Willie Horton raped and killed"
S
The GOP is such a joke

So, the GOP is such a joke.

Explain how such a joke has the offices it does.  Is there a bigger joke out there?
Or, how did the GOP joke beat the Democrat joke in most of the swing states in 2016.
Or, how come the Democrat joke did not pass immigration reform in 2009 or 2010.

The actual joke may be that most of the public may not pay any attention to ads.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »

\

Explain how such a joke has the offices it does.  Is there a bigger joke out there?

Opposition to Obama and then Clinton, not actually standing for something. Now they're reaping the whirlwind.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »

Newest CLF ad up, it seems the GOP has decided to quit it with the Sheep references:

You'd think watching that, that Lee Atwater was still alive making attack ads and we were still in the 80s. What's next...."Libruhl Conor Lamb was live when Willie Horton raped and killed"
S
The GOP is such a joke

Or, how did the GOP joke beat the Democrat joke in most of the swing states in 2016.

The actual joke may be that most of the public may not pay any attention to ads.

Hatred for women and minorities.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »

It seems like a stretch to call being an Assistant State Attorney "working in the Obama administration."
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »

S
The GOP is such a joke

The GOP is finished. They aren't coming back from Trump. Lopsided control of state legislatures are a sign of an impending realignment, so enjoy this year. It will be the last we'll have to hear from the party that nominated a sexual assaulter with a 5 decade history of conning people.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »

\

Opposition to Obama and then Clinton, not actually standing for something. Now they're reaping the whirlwind.

So, the Democrats will use the pendulum to swing back by being against Trump.

If you think Medicare for everyone will get you anywhere in the long run, just start explaing how you are  going to pay for it.

A major factor in Trump’s election was actually his immigration proposals.

This probably needs to go to a different threa.  But there were also Obama’s lies about Obamacare.  By the way did he ever heal the oceans?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2018, 10:31:54 PM »

\

If you think Medicare for everyone will get you anywhere in the long run, just start explaing how you are  going to pay for it.

This probably needs to go to a different threa.  But there were also Obama’s lies about Obamacare.  By the way did he ever heal the oceans?

Oh boy, the Roy Moore fanboy is back.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

Let’s say that with American torture the victim is still alive at the end. I agree that rmuch the evidence from torture is not valid. But some maybe.

Instead of torture Obama went full into killing targets with drones with lots of collateral damage to innocents.  Tell me how that is better than torture? I actually do not object to this process.  But if you object to things like water boarding in limited cases, you should be opposed to unlimited drone killings.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »

Let’s say that with American torture the victim is still alive at the end. I agree that rmuch the evidence from torture is not valid. But some maybe.

Instead of torture Obama went full into killing targets with drones with lots of collateral damage to innocents.  Tell me how that is better than torture? I actually do not object to this process.  But if you object to things like water boarding in limited cases, you should be opposed to unlimited drone killings.
>ok, rescind your support donald trump, he doubled drone strickes
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »

S
The GOP is such a joke

The GOP is finished. They aren't coming back from Trump. Lopsided control of state legislatures are a sign of an impending realignment, so enjoy this year. It will be the last we'll have to hear from the party that nominated a sexual assaulter with a 5 decade history of conning people.

Bill Clinton?
IndustrialJustice

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2018, 11:08:28 PM »

So Saccone will probably win this seat pretending that Lamb is an open-borders globalist (even though he's waffling on DACA) who will be Nancy Pelosi's puppet (even though he's explicitly advocated for her replacement).

Why again do Democrats without an established resume ever tack right against these slimebuckets?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2018, 11:10:47 PM »

S
The GOP is such a joke

Bill Clinton?

No...when Bill Clinton was elected...he was a sexual assaulter with a 3 decade long history of conning people....Trump.is the one with 5 decades
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2018, 12:07:01 AM »

Can you read?  I said I did not object to the process.  I merely pointed out that if you are adamantly opposed to water boarding it seems you would be opposed to such indiscriminate killings with the collateral damage.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »

From the Daily Beast, an unexpected source, there is evidence that the allies in WWII used torture, a/k/a “enhancedinterrogation techniques”  to gain valuable information:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-torture-helped-win-wwii

This article below seems to say torture does not really work.  But admits some of the evidence leading to Osma Bin Ladin and his killing may have come from partners who used torture:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/jan/26/does-torture-work-and-is-it-worth-the-cost-donald-trump

I am not sure there is a definitive answer. 

Let me ask is sleep deprivation torture.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2018, 12:38:16 AM »

Thought this was a thread about a special election in PA-18.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2018, 12:58:32 AM »

Thought this was a thread about a special election in PA-18.

King Lear's getting a new roommate.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2018, 01:00:27 AM »

S
The GOP is such a joke

This is what we were saying in 2016 too. Do not underestimate the stupidity and deplorability of Americans who knew that they were getting a sexual assaulter with a five-decade history of conning people and who fantasizes sleeping with his daughter when they elected him regardless. Democrats have to have a message other than Trump is a bad man.

I hope you're right, but I have very low expectations for this country after the atrocity that it committed in 2016. And don't forget that Trump's boss Vladimir will still be interfering with the midterms and trying to get more Republicans elected since they are the party that will abet him in destroying the country.  
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2018, 07:38:23 AM »

S
The GOP is such a joke

This is what we were saying in 2016 too. Do not underestimate the stupidity and deplorability of Americans who knew that they were getting a sexual assaulter with a five-decade history of conning people and who fantasizes sleeping with his daughter when they elected him regardless. Democrats have to have a message other than Trump is a bad man.

I hope you're right, but I have very low expectations for this country after the atrocity that it committed in 2016. And don't forget that Trump's boss Vladimir will still be interfering with the midterms and trying to get more Republicans elected since they are the party that will abet him in destroying the country.  

Do we think Putin is interfering in PA-18? I don't know if we've seen any sign of it yet.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »

\

Do you think the state of the oceans will be a major issue in the PA-18 special election? They are in a certain sense; the Democratic party's opposition to coal should hamper Lamb in this seat, I would think. Does anyone know how he is handling this issue gracefully since it has decimated the Dems in Appalachia?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:33 AM »

Can you read?  I said I did not object to the process.  I merely pointed out that if you are adamantly opposed to water boarding it seems you would be opposed to such indiscriminate killings with the collateral damage.

What are Saccone's and Lamb's positions on drone strikes in the PA-18 special election? Since both have relatively recent military service, they may have informed opinions.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2018, 03:24:14 PM »

S
The GOP is such a joke

Lol. Even if the GOP is completely BTFO in 2018 and/or 2020, they'll rebound again within one or two elections. Trump will be a distant memory by then. Such is the nature of American politics.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2018, 09:55:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »

I don't know whether to be happy that there's a poll coming, or unhappy because it's Gravis.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2018, 11:02:08 PM »

Final?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico