Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Southern Delegate TheSaint250 - Office  (Read 5405 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:51:03 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2021, 01:08:27 PM by The Saint »

Hello, my fellow Atlasians! Today, I announce my first campaign to seek a full term. I will be running as a Federalist for a seat in the Southern Chamber! Previously, I had the opportunity to serve as an Acting Delegate in the chamber. Within that time, I participated in debates and every vote I could participate in. In addition, I was also the original author of the successful Effective Highway Evacuation Act, allowing for Southern citizens to flee hurricanes in a faster manner. As a Souther Delegate, I will look out for you and work to continue the successes of the current productive Southern government. I have been up-to-date with Southern legislation and applaud Speaker Mr. Reactionary and the various members for leading one of, if not the most, productive sessions. It would be an honor to be a part of this.

I hope I can have your vote in the upcoming election. A vote for me is a vote for progress towards the South of tomorrow.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Endorsements:

Federal Politicians

President fhtagn
Secretary of State and Southern Speaker Mr. Reactionary
People’s Speaker North Carolina Yankee
Senator Young Texan
Representative LouisvilleThunder
Representative ReaganClinton
Representative wxtransit

Regional Politicians

Lincoln Assemblyman Jimmy7812
Lincoln Assemblyman politicalmasta73

Candidates

KoopaDaQuick
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 06:11:26 PM by Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint »

Platform

Abortion: I am in favor of protecting a woman's right to choose but would like to see increased funding in the Southern education system in regards to sex education so as to limit the number of abortions across the region.

Economy: I have always believed in fiscal responsibility.  I will fight to keep taxes at a reasonable level for Southern citizens and support policies that entice businesses to remain in the South, all of which will help increase the economic growth of the region.  

Energy: It is not feasible to rapidly reduce the use of fossil fuels across the region.  However, I will look to urge energy companies to make such a transition to solar and wind energy with the goal of making the region dependent upon renewable energy in the long-term.

Foreign Policy: While we must maintain peace through strength, Atlasia must not enter wars and conflicts of which the nation is not so involved in.  We must protect the lives of the citizens of all three regions at all costs, and this includes members of our armed forces.

Gun Rights: Able Southern citizens must not be denied their right to own a firearm.  However, I will support increased background checks that would expand upon histories of criminal activity and mental illnesses so as to prevent such weapons from falling into the wrong hands.

Health Care: I applaud the work of the Chamber of Delegates in the passage of the Health Insurance Reform Act and will see that Southern citizens receive the care that they need.

Infrastructure: The South must invest more money in its infrastructure so as to repair destroyed roads, broken bridges, and other such transportation hazards.  

LGBTQ Rights: I will always protect the right of same-sex couples to marry.  In addition, I will not support any legislation designed to prevent transgender citizens from using the restrooms they would prefer to use.

Marijuana Legalization: While I personally lean against the legalization of both medical and recreational marijuana, I believe that such an issue should be determined by the citizens of the South and confirmed by the Chamber of Delegates.

Minimum Wage: I support a moderate increase to the regional minimum wage, allowing for workers to earn more money and preventing businesses from feeling constrained by such a new law.

Trade: I support fair trade practices over unrestricted free trade and full protectionism.  We must not cut ourselves off from the world, but we must also let national, regional, state, and local industries develop without fearing massive losses in jobs.  While the Southern Chamber of Delegates does not have a say in trade deals approved between the national government and other countries, I will not be silent and will fight to ensure that Congress supports appropriate deals that allow for positive benefits for the workers of Atlasia.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Résumé

Party: Federalist
Other Political Affiliation: Federalist Main Street Partnership
Past Office: Southern Delegate (Acting)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:57:25 PM »

I can't vote in the South but you and your logo have my full support!

Thank you! Smiley

Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 11:59:30 PM »

You have my full endorsement of you and your totally radical logo.

Thanks!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »

Endorsed. If you’re in the south, vote for the Saint!

Thanks!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 09:24:10 AM »

Thanks!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:14:43 AM »

It is my pleasure to endorse you. You have shown that, with all your heart, you put effort into what you do. I trust that,  even though we may have policy differences, you will truly represent the values of the south.

Thank you for your kind words Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 06:02:20 PM by Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint »

My platform is up! I included both Southern-exclusive issues as well as my viewpoint on several national issues.

I might add anything else at a later time that I feel would help voters understand more about my policies.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 04:14:12 PM »

Thank you!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »

I also updated my campaign logo.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »

Lol Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »

Thanks a bunch!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »

Statement
On Chamber of Delegates Inactivity

After every vote in the Chamber of Delegates, Speaker Mr. Reactionary posts the number of delegates who voted yes or no, as well as the number that abstained.  In some cases, only a slim majority of delegates have voted.  While I myself cannot force delegates to participate more, I promise that I will give the Southern people a voice by voting in as many bills as I possibly can.  I would not have run for office knowing that I could not fulfill my duties to the best of my ability.  I will be an active participant as a member of the Chamber of Delegates.

Thank you, and please vote for me in the upcoming election.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »

Statement
On Infrastructure

Across the South, roads, bridges, and other publicly financed forms of infrastructure are crumbling.  The government has yet to take major actions to locate areas in need of repair.  If I have the honor of being elected to the Chamber of Delegates, this will be one of my top priorities.  Inspired by the works of now-Representative ReaganClinton in the creation of Lincoln's Regional Security Office, I am proposing the creation of a Southern-exclusive office that would handle the carrying-out of interior infrastructure and environmental plans voted on by the Chamber of Delegates.  Expanding upon infrastructure, such an office would conduct a survey determining roads, bridges, and more at risk and in need of repair and would suggest a price for repairing the various sites.  It would then be up to the Chamber of Delegates to proceed as agreed upon.  

I hope that you will vote for me and my plan to improve the South's infrastructure.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 07:05:48 AM »

Thank you both!

Good to be back Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »

Statement
On Chamber of Delegates Inactivity

After every vote in the Chamber of Delegates, Speaker Mr. Reactionary posts the number of delegates who voted yes or no, as well as the number that abstained.  In some cases, only a slim majority of delegates have voted.  While I myself cannot force delegates to participate more, I promise that I will give the Southern people a voice by voting in as many bills as I possibly can.  I would not have run for office knowing that I could not fulfill my duties to the best of my ability.  I will be an active participant as a member of the Chamber of Delegates.

Thank you, and please vote for me in the upcoming election.

I plan on creating an easily accessible database for voters where I show Delegates' voting records so voters can be more informed. Those that don't even bother turning up to debates will look pretty bad Tongue

That’s a really good idea! Please do it
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »

Statement
On The Upcoming Election

Fellow Southerners, we have less than a week before voting begins.  I would like to thank all of you for your support so far and hope that we can finish out the week strongly.  As you know, my policy positions are listed on the first page, but if anyone has any questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer. 

We are less than one week away from changing the South for the better.  Let's do this!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »

Statement
On My Legislative Goals

With the election upon us soon, I would like to briefly outline my legislative agenda.  I am hoping to develop outlines to bills I will propose and work on with fellow Southern members before the election.

Infrastructure and Environment: The South needs a separate department to handle infrastructural and environmental issues, a department where proper examinations can be carried out to determine areas at risk in the South.  

Education: Many primary and secondary educational facilities in the South are not up-to-date or meeting certain standards.  I will propose bills to put more money into the school system and help students get the educations they deserve.  One major part of the educational system I would like to see further reformed and financed is sex education.

Gun Control: I will push for increased background checks when purchasing firearms.  Many citizens have perished at the hands of those who are too mentally unstable to have received a firearm in the first place.  While such background checks will NEVER infringe on the rights of those who are able to own a firearm, we must prevent them from getting in the hands of those who are mentally ill or who have violent criminal histories.

I look forward to pushing this agenda forward in the best interests of the South and assisting in writing any other bills I may think of after more time in the office.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »

Pre-Election Statement

My fellow Southerners, tomorrow marks an important day in our history.  After an unprecedented term of productivity, thanks to the leadership of Mr. Reactionary, the South is moving much more in a truly positive direction.  However, nothing is guaranteed until the election.  Yes, I launched by campaign to be elected to a full term as a Delegate later than many other candidates, but seeing the healthy environment of the Chamber and being prompted by friends made me believe that I too can bring fresh ideas.  I am fully prepared to enter the Chamber of Delegates and work with my colleagues to institute changes on infrastructure, the environment, the economy, and personal freedoms.  If you elect me, as well as other great candidates of the Federalist Party, we can push the South in an even more successful direction.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2018, 01:12:58 PM by Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint »

Election Day Statement
January 20, 2018

To all of those who have voted, regardless of whom you voted for, thank you for letting your voices be heard.  At the time of this post, election coverage threads have shown me tied for first place in terms of first-preference votes, and to those who have given me a high preference, I would like to especially extend my gratitude.

Southerners, we only have one-and-a-half more days to make our voices heard.  I hope that Federalists across the region and I are able to earn your votes so we can continue the progress made during this last session.  I promise that I will always work to better the region in whatever I do.

Let's get out to vote in these last free days and expand upon the unprecedented level of progress!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

I can't do math Tongue

Thanks Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 08:23:34 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2018, 08:36:01 PM by Fmr. Acting Southern Del. The Saint »

Mid-Election Statement
January 21, 2018

First off, I would like to extend my thanks to all those who voted for me over these past few days!  Projections show that I am likely to win a seat in the Chamber of Delegates!  I will be issuing a formal statement tomorrow after all of the votes are counted.

My fellow Southerners, the race is not over yet.  Keep going to the polls and voting for a productive Southern government!  The Federalist Party needs your support to win back the Chamber of Delegates and the governorship to continue the unprecedented level progress made during the last session.  Diptheriadan and other Federalist colleagues need your help!  We have fewer than 4 hours left.  Let's keep voting!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 07:45:55 PM »

Victory Statement

To all Southerners and Atlasians:

We've done it!  I truly thank you for allowing me to enter the Southern Chamber of Delegates.  Coming in first place in my first election was not expected, but I am honored to see the level of support that I have earned throughout my campaign.  I have already begun drafting bills that will fulfill my campaign pledges; the areas I have tackled so far are specifically on the environment and infrastructure, but I hope to work with the Chamber on increased background checks.  In addition, i would like to congratulate my colleagues who have made it into the Chamber of Delegates, as well as Governor-elect Diptheriadan.  I look forward to a great term and a productive session!  Once again, thank you all!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »

Thank you both!

You too!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 09:14:59 PM »

Statement
On My Inauguration

A few hours ago, I was sworn into office and have officially become a member of the Southern Chamber of Delegates!  I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me this past month.  I am truly excited to enter the Chamber once again, but this time, I am proud to say that the wonderful people of the South allowed for this.  I have already submitted proposed bills and hope to see them advance.  This will be a productive term that can improve upon the success of the last. 
Thank you all!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies