Atlasian Presidential Debate - SPARK VS ISHAN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:26:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Presidential Debate - SPARK VS ISHAN
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Presidential Debate - SPARK VS ISHAN  (Read 554 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2021, 05:42:54 PM »
« edited: August 18, 2021, 06:25:34 PM by Lincoln Deputy Dwarven Dragon »

Welcome to the debate between Federalist Spark and Liberal/Radical Ishan in anticipation of the October Presidential Election, hosted by DDNN! I hope to explore a variety of issues and give a key early preview of the race.

The debate will be as Live as possible. Generally, I will ask a question or several, wait for the candidates to respond, follow up as needed, and then move on to the next question or two. If one candidate directly attacks the other, I will provide a rebuttal opportunity before asking any further question or follow-up. Periodically, there will be general joint rebuttal periods where the candidates may go back and forth freely or simply relax. The Debate will go as long as it needs to to adequately address the issues.

Please leave this thread for the candidates and myself to use. Use the commentary thread to make comments or submit a question. I will fill in questions of my own as well as using the questions asked by the public.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 06:08:08 PM »

Candidates, welcome. We'll begin with a general opening set.

Why are you running - what makes you interested in this job and what are the key things you would do in office?

What makes you qualified to hold this job?

From Weatherboy: After the long, painful campaign of February, why have you decided to create another months-long campaign?

You can also make any General opening comments you have.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 06:12:37 PM »

1. I am running to expose Spark and his lies and impossible plans
2. I am running to expose Spark, but if I am elected, Spark will be banned from the game for the greater good.
3. I am running to attack Spark for running early and putting himself over the rest of Atlasia.

General Statement: There is one thing I am sure of, Spark won't be on the final ballot and I am running to expose Spark.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 06:17:03 PM »

Candidates, welcome. We'll begin with a general opening set.

Why are you running - what makes you interested in this job and what are the key things you would do in office?

What makes you qualified to hold this job?

From Weatherboy: After the long, painful campaign of February, why have you decided to create another months-long campaign?

You can also make any General opening comments you have.

Firstly, I would like to thank Wulfric and DDNN for choosing to host this debate. My name is Spark, and I am running to be our nation's next President because I believe we are left with a choice. Either continue down the road of the status quo which includes stagnation and inactivity, or choose a different path toward prosperity and inclusivity. The fact is the Labor Party has left behind working Atlasians for far too long and I will do everything in my power as President to lift them up. We will move forward together to a brighter future that I know we are capable of creating, but it involves making a change. I can assure you that I will move beyond the trivial and contentious politics of the past, to put you first. If elected, I will implement key initiatives which include renegotiating our trade deals, fighting for the right to life through a constitutional amendment, and much more.

As for my qualifications, my record shows that I can lead, am committed to moderation and reform, and that I am a capable, and active public servant who can implement pragmatic solutions. I've worked with members of each party to ensure the smooth implementation of the Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and numerous other accomplishments. This next election isn't about me or my opponents, it is about the direction that we want Atlasia to take in the next few years.

To Weatherboy's question, I have decided to embark on another campaign because I believe Atlasia is worth fighting for and I won't back down from challenges. Neither should our country. I understand that voters may not want to engage in another campaign this early, but I pledged that this campaign would be different and civil, and I hold true to that promise.

I appreciate your consideration. Thank you.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »

Thank you. Let's talk about the status of the game. As you may be aware there is currently a candidate shortage as it relates to the August midterms.

1. Are you satisfied with the 5th Constitution? Why or why not? What changes if any would you make?
2. How specifically would you try to increase activity in Atlasia - specifically interest in running for office?
3. Would you seek to lessen or end NPC elections? Why or why not?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 06:43:29 PM »

Thank you. Let's talk about the status of the game. As you may be aware there is currently a candidate shortage as it relates to the August midterms.

1. Are you satisfied with the 5th Constitution? Why or why not? What changes if any would you make?
2. How specifically would you try to increase activity in Atlasia - specifically interest in running for office?
3. Would you seek to lessen or end NPC elections? Why or why not?

I appreciate these questions.

1. I am very satisfied with the 5th Constitution and its implementation. I believe that the 5th Constitution will encourage increased activity within the game as there are additional seats that will be up for election. One of my primary concerns regarding the new Constitution was that voters would not be aware of these changes or the election calendar. This can be easily addressed by having an active Game Moderator. I would not modify the 5th Constitution other than to introduce a Right to Life amendment.

2. My plan regarding activity in Atlasia is to establish a bi-partisan presidential commission to aid activity within Atlasia. This will include members of the newly appointed Domestic policy council, the Game Moderator, and others as required. This commission will explore solutions to this issue. It is my firm belief that if we conduct increased recruiting from Discord by helping new users become oriented to the game. We can grow this registration organically, rather than to serve a political purpose. Having an active Game Moderator is imperative for creating an engaging game engine.

3. As President, I would not end or lessen NPCs. But rather help to maintain and expand NPC elections. It would be beneficial to involve citizens in other ways through the game engine by participating in town halls, international events, and serving on boards. These ideas would be suggestions to the commission.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 07:48:37 PM »

Going to put forth a further, "fun" question. I will only continue with the more legitimate questions when/if Ishan returns:

From AGA: Boxers or briefs?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 08:12:55 PM »

Going to put forth a further, "fun" question. I will only continue with the more legitimate questions when/if Ishan returns:

From AGA: Boxers or briefs?

Thank you for this question too, we need the best of both worlds.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 07:00:45 PM »

Due to highly immoral, sinful, and condemnable lack of interest and honesty on the part of Ishan (particularly in breaking direct discord public commitments to participate), this will be the final round of the debate.

For whoever will answer:

From Weatherboy:

what will you do to ensure furry supremacy?

will you fund research into potentially ending aging altogether through gene therapy?

will you fund space exploration and technology further?

Ishan is urged to at least answer this question: From Cao:
how do you believe that Spark is, in your words, putting himself over the rest of Atlasia?

Candidates may also issue any further rebuttals or statements they wish to make.

We thank our viewers and Federalist Candidate Spark for their dedication. Again, we strongly condemn Ishan and urge all to soundly reject his candidacy.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 07:37:27 PM »

Due to highly immoral, sinful, and condemnable lack of interest and honesty on the part of Ishan (particularly in breaking direct discord public commitments to participate), this will be the final round of the debate.

I have real things to do that are more important than Atlasia.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 07:40:16 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 08:03:28 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

For whoever will answer:

From Weatherboy:

will you fund research into potentially ending aging altogether through gene therapy?

Ishan is urged to at least answer this question: From Cao:
how do you believe that Spark is, in your words, putting himself over the rest of Atlasia?

Candidates may also issue any further rebuttals or statements they wish to make.

We thank our viewers and Federalist Candidate Spark for their dedication. Again, we strongly condemn Ishan and urge all to soundly reject his candidacy.

The furry fandom falls under your 1st amendment right to speech. As long as you do no harm, I see no issue with it.

Yes, I believe it is possible to grant adequate funding to research and development and for companies in Atlasia to compete for grants. We need the best companies in our country that are able to innovate and the only way that this can be accomplished is through competition across state lines. The free market is the best way to ensure competition and the company that is able to aid us in this goal will serve as a key partner in eradicating aging.

Our population will live longer which means we would need an enhanced healthcare system, the solution to that is eliminating the costs of co-pays and deductibles through establishing a national public health fund from insurance companies.

I will be establishing a space council and plan to expand funding for space exploration by setting new goals in conducting a mission to the moon and a mission to Mars by 2025. It is imperative that Atlasia compete on the world stage to ensure that we have the latest technologies to be proactive against any threats to our national security. I support investing in anti-missile defense technologies that will be able to intercept ICBMs before reaching the orbit of space. Space remains largely un-legislated and I believe that Atlasia should take the lead on this by becoming a signatory against weaponizing space.

As for extraterrestrial life, as President I plan to de-classify any information regarding the existence of aliens. Before disclosure, I will ensure that this does not interfere with our national security, but the Atlasian public does deserve full transparency on this issue.

Rebuttal to Ishan

This view is totally misguided. I joined the race early to get to know the concerns of voters and care about their futures.

Closing statement

As this debate concludes, I ask all Atlasians to consider your options in this election. Respectfully, none of the other candidates participated fully in this debate. I've demonstrated I am committed to activity, honesty, and transparency. I do hope that my past does not limit me from your consideration, as I pledge to you that I will be an active President, one that will always put your interests first, and protect our nation. I've conducted myself with utmost integrity while in office and upheld my oaths. To our current President, Sev, best wishes on a speedy recovery. Our nation needs you to serve. After the president's term ends, I intend to chart a new direction for Atlasia. One of hope, prosperity, moderation, and civility. That is what we need most in this game. I will bring its vitality back through my initiatives you can count on that. So to disaffected Atlasians from all parties, join me in this fight to restore Atlasia to its rightful place in the world. We can make this game better for all.

Thank you to Wulfric and DDNN for hosting this debate. It is a true honor and privilege to participate.

I plan to keep on fighting for you and for what is right.

Best,

Spark
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 08:08:09 PM »

Doesn't change the fact that you committed to participate, started to do so, and then backed out without warning. I will happily show the screenshots if you would like.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »

Doesn't change the fact that you committed to participate, started to do so, and then backed out without warning. I will happily show the screenshots if you would like.
I have guests in my house and I had to go shopping.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »

You could have responded to my multiple pms seeking your participation
You could have declined to participate in the first place
You could have requested a more convenient time
You could have made a brief post stating when you would return

You could have done many things, but alas you did not. You simply went against your prior commitments and suddenly walked out on the nation after making all appearances that you would participate, including by leaving after making a full opening statement. Don't try to blame someone else. The fault lies with you.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2021, 08:25:18 PM »

You could have done many things, but alas you did not. You simply went against your prior commitments and suddenly walked out on the nation after making all appearances that you would participate, including by leaving after making a full opening statement. Don't try to blame someone else. The fault lies with you.
I barely was on Atlas and I didn't check my PMs.
Imagine caring so much about a fantasyland debate that is happening before the midterms.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 08:40:01 PM »

I barely was on Atlas and I didn't check my PMs.
Imagine caring so much about a fantasyland debate that is happening before the midterms.

I care because this game is dying. Seventeen years of hard work by so many peppe dying. And I think part of it is people are too forgiving of past inactivity. People need to hold each other to the commitments they have made, and it has to start somewhere. I know it's hard. It's human nature to be forgiving. It's easy to say "well, I'm going to play it safe and trust my party" or "x isn't easy so I won't do it" . But it's a culture of inactivity acceptance that is killing the game.

If you knew you were going to have conflicts, you could have simply declined to participate from the start. There was no need to make a commitment on lokcord that you could not keep. There was no need to answer the first questions if you knew you weren't going to answer others. Alternatively, you could have stated in your first answers that you would be interrupted and an estimate as to when you would return.

Further, you made six posts on Atlas while the nation was waiting for your responses.

This time could have been spent visiting this thread to at least give a time frame on when you would respond.

I'm done with the excuses of you and others in Atlasia that are slowly but surely killing the game.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 08:47:48 PM »

Who are the others that are "killing" the game? Please elaborate.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 08:57:43 PM »

This is not an exhaustive list but to give a couple examples:

The last 2 (3? 4?) CGs or the equivalent, who all abruptly ceased working without warning.
Several inactive administrations (most recently Sestak)
The General Fremont government itself, which I'm not sure would have remembered there was a Parliament election this weekend  if I didn't bring the subject up on a couple discords last night.
Federalists lack of ability to compete in any race that isn't an easy win for them (even  a candidacy that loses by 20 inserts more energy than one that doesn't exist. And no, a DA or conservative Liberal does not count as a Federalist candidacy when the Federalists are supposed to be the major party and all.)
Lincoln Councillor/GCer Joeinator who has repeatedly ran for terms he couldn't be active during. Thankfully he opted out this time.

I could go on but I think my point is clear. If people want to be in this game, they should determine what they can actually do, commit to only that, and do not pursue anything beyond that.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 09:54:44 PM »

It was obvious that Ishan's campaign wasn't serious, lol. This debate was way too early like everyone was saying.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2021, 10:06:53 PM »

It was obvious that Ishan's campaign wasn't serious, lol.

Then I hope this brings it to a firm end. We need serious efforts not memes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies