Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26592 times)
DFL

« on: January 03, 2018, 08:13:57 PM »

Mitt Romney First Debate Responses

1.- It seems one of the main concerns of rank and file Republicans is the Health Care debate and the issues that come from Obamacare. If elected President, would you repeal Obamacare? What would you replace it with?

I think all of us on stage tonight can agree that Obamacare poses a great threat to both the health of Americans as well as their wallets. Other candidates will tonight tell you that perhaps they alone have the solution to the healthcare problem. That is what President Obama told us back in 2008, and that strategy never works.

As Governor of Massachusetts, one of the bluest states in the nation, I worked with a legislature that was over 85% Democrat to pass healthcare reform that cut down on unnecessary spending, reduced the number of people gaming the system, and increased the quality of care statewide. There’s a reason Massachusetts has some of the best healthcare in the nation, and that’s because of state-based innovation and pragmatic policy solution.
As President I would simply initiate a repeal of Obamacare to allow our states to have the freedom they need to create plans best for their own constituents. I want to give Medicaid back to the states in the form of block grants so that more effective localized policy can be created, and I believe that folks that are either self-insured or are working for a small business get the same tax-credits that folks that get coverage from their companies do. I also believe that if you have insurance and a pre-existing condition, nothing should stop you from keeping your insurance in the future.

Barack Obama may have given the American people a headache when he passed Obamacare, but I have decades of experience fixing headaches, including in Massachusetts. Americans need someone who has a proven track record of getting the job done, and I think I am the candidate that fits the bill.

2.- As unemployment not only fails to drop but increases in some parts of the country, there is a spirited debate about the best way to create new jobs and lower unemployment for good. Why are you a better choice than your fellow candidates when it comes to creating jobs?

You’ve heard some of my opponents on this stage talk give empty promises or resumes on why they are the most qualified candidate to create jobs in America. I’d like to give you my resume, America, and let you decide who you trust to turn around our 9% unemployment rate and economic malaise.

While I worked in private industry I created over 100,000 jobs through responsible business tactics and smart policy. I come from a family of building businesses from the ground up, and know what Americans currently running their own businesses go through when it comes to hiring and regulation. No other candidate on this stage has a private industry track record or know-how that we need for job growth.

As Governor of Massachusetts I also created over 100,000 jobs even as the state came out of economic turmoil. I know that in the government the best thing that we can do is get out of the way of Americans who know what’s best for their businesses and their own futures and let the economy grow. That’s why I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs. America must take advantage of its natural resources, be they oil, natural gas, renewable energy, or nuclear energy, and gain our energy independence. That’s four million jobs right there. We need to expand trade responsibly, ensuring that America is not being taken advantage of in international deals. Right now, Latin America is turning to China as a trade ally because the US is looking the other way. If I were elected, we’d be talking to our allies the next day to bring billions of dollars and millions more jobs to America. Finally, we need to ease the tax burden on hardworking Americans. Some of my peers have touted a lower corporate tax, which while needed ignores the real folks we should be caring about. Lower taxes for small business, simpler regulatory codes, and right-to-work laws will help kickstart a part of our economy the Obama administration has sadly ignored.

America, I ask this of you. Look to a tested and tough track record of job creation in both the public and private sectors, and look to a plan that works for you by giving you the freedom that our current government won’t.

1.- To Governor Romney: Governor, one of the main concerns launched towards you has been your perceived political shift since 2008, some arguing either your stances back then or those now are based on convenience. What would you reply to that?

It’s easy for my opponents to pick examples of me disagreeing with something I said years ago — that’s because I’ve been creating policy for nearly a decade now. And sure, I’ll admit that not everything I’m talking about now is the same as it was when I was governor, or even back in 2008, but that doesn’t mean I’m an opportunist, it means I’ve learned.

In 2008, America was in a much different place than it was today. We were looking headfirst into a financial crisis of magnitude unknown and were on the tail end of wars still unfinished. back then, I was fresh out of office and running to be your president. While I may be back in 2011 doing the same thing, things have changed.

My opponents will try to paint me as a flip-flopper or as an opportunist, but changing opinions over time is the reasonable thing to do. Americans should not elect a President who is so conceited they can’t admit when they’re wrong, or see other points of view. Americans should elect a President who has their ears open, is listening to the people, and is unafraid to say they don’t know everything. I believe my experience in the public and private sector makes me uniquely qualified to help heal America in its current state of recession, but my experience has also taught me to be open, pragmatic, and ready to hunt for solutions that are actually the best for our country, not solutions someone has blindly stuck to for years.

America, would you trust your doctor if he or she said they hadn’t changed their practices in 20 years? Would you trust the builder of your house if they refused to follow new building codes because they believed the old ones were still “right”? I wouldn’t. I also wouldn’t trust a politician that was too stubborn to listen to the American people and make changes that are in the best interests of our country, and I don’t think you would either.

So no, whatever shifts I’ve made in my political ideology aren’t for my personal benefit, but so that I can best respond to the needs of the American people, something that should be every politician’s goal.

Closing Statement:

This election gives you, the American people, and important choice. Our country today stands not much stronger than it did at the start of our crisis three years ago. Unemployment is high, job growth is low, and morale is shrinking. Luckily, our Democracy gives you options on how you want your country to be run, and if you don’t like the way America has looked these last four years, you have the power to choose the America you want to see.

I see an America that by 2020 has 12 million new jobs and a record of job growth in the hard-hit middle and lower classes. I see an America that believes in itself again. I see an America that once again puts freedom in the hands of its people, not locked away by the government. I see an America, where I can live knowing that our kids and grandkids will be able to prosper, not be saddled by government debt and economic stagnation.

Over the course of tonight you’ve heard a lot of different visions for our country, and a lot of different people who promise to achieve them. No other candidate on this stage or on the Democrat’s stage has a record of success and growth in both the public and private sector like I do, and I believe that sets me apart in why I should serve as your President.

In this crucial election, Americans need to have someone they can trust to represent them in the White House. Compare my resume and my policies to my opponents, and I think you’ll find that person.
DFL

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:33:56 PM »

Gov. Romney's Response to Mr. Carolla

Mr. Carolla, you are right. I was incredibly fortunate to come from a family with wealth and opportunity.  My father, however, came from a much different background. My dad was born in Mexico to Mormon parents whose homes came under fire from raiding and marauders. When he moved to Utah as a teenager he worked in the fields to help his family and his schooling. My father started from nothing, but believed in America just as you did. He sold paint during his honeymoon with my mother to finance it, and took that entrepreneurial spirit to Michigan, where I was born.

My father taught me and my siblings that just because we had more than our neighbors didn't make us better than them, nor did it give us an excuse to not work hard. My dad taught us the same things he learned chasing the American dream -- perseverance, hard work, and hope.

Mr. Carolla, I'm sure you can relate to my father's entrepreneurial spirit, and with his quest to find the American dream. It gave him a chance to give his kids a better life, just as it has for you. I acknowledge that I grew up more fortunate than most, but I think we can agree on this: no matter who we are or where we came from, the American dream we fight for is foundationally rooted in freedom. Economic freedom and civil liberty. This is why I think we need a Republican in the White House in 2012, so we can bring these freedoms back to Americans trying to make their American Dream happen, for folks like my dad and you who knew what this country had to offer.
DFL

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 12:19:27 AM »

Campaign Schedule, September 2011

Constants:
ALWAYS visit small towns and hold town halls and local events
ALWAYS visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Republican and non-partisan
ALWAYS try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
ALWAYS do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. so that I am able to talk about local issues an connect with voters
ALWAYS visit small businesses and talk to workers, owners, etc.
ALWAYS keep note of who I meet, and bring them up in future speeches and debates
ALWAYS talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is

Schedule:
September 1-6: Iowa
September 7-10: New Hampshire
September 11: New York City
September 12-13: New Hampshire
September 14-19: South Carolina
September 20-25: Florida
September 26-30: Nevada

Iowa (Sept. 1-6)
Hold rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque
Drive between destinations, emphasize meeting constituents in small-towns across the state
Eat meals with locals, visit farms, factories, workshops, college campuses
Emphasize job growth, economic freedom

New Hampshire (Sept. 7-10, 12-13)
Hold rallies in Concord, Manchester
Travel across state, visiting small-town constituents and holding town halls
Eat meals with locals, visit farms, factories, workshops
Tout record in Massachusetts, New England ties
Emphasize individual freedoms and liberties

New York City (Sept. 11)
Visit 9/11 memorial
Break from campaigning

South Carolina (Sept. 14-19)
Hold rallies in Charleston, Columbia
Travel between small towns, visit SC State
Emphasize Obamacare repeal, tour hospitals and talk to workers, administrators

Florida (Sept. 20-25)
Hold Rallies in Miami, St. Petersburg/Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville
In Miami: emphasize being tough on the Castro regime, and criticize Obama’s lax policies
Drive through state, starting at Miami to Jacksonville
Emphasize: Obamacare, foreign policy

Nevada (Sept. 26-30)
Hold Rallies in Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City
Focus on: immigration, job growth, renewable energies

To campaign staff: Focus on volunteer recruitment efforts and staffing at state HQs, especially in the first contests. In early stages of outreach, spread the word about Romney’s background, credentials, and vision for America.

Speeches and specific details will be posted throughout the turn.

DFL

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »

Interview with CNN
September 8, 2011

You must be logged in to read this quote.

DFL

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 01:14:49 AM »

Bedford, New Hampshire
September 12th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 01:37:07 AM »

Romney 2012 Ad #1
"Believing in America: The Romney Story"

Air in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Florida

My father, George Romney, was born into a family of little wealth at the turn of the 20th century, but that didn't stop him.

After working in the fields to help his family earn money, he met my mother Lenore. Life wasn't easy, though.

My dad sold paint on his honeymoon to pay for it, and never spent a day of his life without that same energy that he dedicated to chasing the American Dream so that his kids could have a better life.

When I was young, he instilled that same work ethic in me, a mentality that if you want something, you have to work for it. That's me on the left (chuckles).

I took that work ethic to the Salt Lake City Olympic Games, and to Massachusetts, where as Governor I created 100,000 jobs and balanced the state budget.

Now I want to take that same dedication to the Presidency, where I know that when we believe in the potential of America, we can create a future where just like my father, anyone can chase and find the American Dream.

Let's make it happen, America. I know that if we work together, we can accomplish whatever we put our minds to. I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »

Las Vegas, Nevada
September 29th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 01:33:23 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 06:39:47 PM by DFL »

Columbia, South Carolina
September 15th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #2
"Mr. Fix It"
Air in all early primary and caucus states

Mitt Romney has been fixing things for decades.

Through his time at three different companies, Romney created over 100,000 jobs through smart deals and learned how businesses really work.

At the doomed Salt Lake City Olympic Games, over-budget and embroiled in scandal, Romney used his business know-how to turn the games into a major success, and a source of pride for the country.

And as Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney fixed the broken state healthcare system and out-of-control spending, balancing the state’s budget and creating jobs.

After four years of the Obama nightmare, who do you trust to fix the state of our country?

Our healthcare?

Our economy?

Trust Mitt. No other candidate has the decades of experience in business and government that America needs to prosper again.

ROMNEY: It’s time to fix the crisis we’re in. I’m Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 08:15:28 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 12:23:09 PM by DFL »

Freedom Tower, Miami Florida
September 21st, 2011

DFL

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »

Concord, New Hampshire
September 9th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:42 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #3
"Where Mitt Stands"
Air in all early primary and caucus states

People have been asking me what makes me different from other Republicans running. Here's what I tell them:

Unlike my opponents, I understand that the middle class has been hurt the most by the Obama downturn. If I'm elected, the middle class will grow again after it see it's taxes cut.

I also know what it means to run businesses and balance budgets, which is why I know that we need to cap our spending relative to our GDP, and cut waste that Democrats let drive up the deficit.
I balanced Massachusett's budget for four straight years -- I can do it for America, too.

Unlike our President I also understand that strangling small businesses doesn't help create jobs. Unlike other Republicans, my work in the private sector has told me that for America's businesses to flourish and for our jobs to return, we need lower taxes.

I also have more experience than anyone else in this field with healthcare -- in Massachusetts I reformed the state healthcare system and know that once we repeal Obamacare, we must give the states the tools they need to expand services and reduce costs.

So when people ask you what I stand for, tell them this: Mitt Romney is a proven reformer who's fighting to bring back prosperity. Tell them about my business record, or my time as Governor, or even when I saved the 2002 Olympics. Tell them that with Mitt, the last four years of decline will be over for good.

Don't listen to people who give you empty promises without the record to back it up. Listen to someone who you know can accomplish the change they promise. I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »

Romney Responses: Second Debate
Part 1

Well, I guess it was only a matter a time before pundits and spin-masters got hold of one of my statements and twisted it beyond belief.

Let me tell the American people again what they may have already heard me say, except this time I'm going to clarify -- no shifting, no flip-flopping, just clarifying.

First of all I'd like to reiterate that no matter what way you spin it, forcing 11 million people out of the United States is a fool's errand -- its a political promise with no real weight behind it. What we can instead do are two things that I believe will keep the best and brightest in, and make sure everyone else uses the legal mode of entry.

All of us can agree that service in our military is one of the greatest commitments to our country a person can make. If someone who lacks the proper residency status joins our military, and puts their life on the line for our nation, well that makes them an American to me. If someone is willing to make the greatest sacrifice possible for our country, let's give them a green card to thank them for their service.

The same goes for folks getting advanced degrees at our universities. I don't think the federal government should be paying for their college -- that just encourages more illegal immigration -- but I do believe that if someone without the right papers is getting one of the highest levels of education in the nation, lets staple the green card to their diploma so we can keep the best and brightest here.

But just because I believe in that doesn't mean I don't stand for ending illegal immigration and securing our borders. Throughout this campaign I have advocated for a massive expansion of border security measures we passed in 2006, with the hopes of building a border fence spanning the entire Mexican border and increasing security presence with new technologies. I've also advocated for a stricter enforcement of employment laws so that people in this country illegally can no longer take jobs from hard working Americans. If we want to lower our 9% unemployment rate, let's take jobs away from undocumented immigrants for a change and give them back to legal American citizens.

I believe America is focusing on the wrong kind of immigration and shunning the right one. When we stop giving handouts to illegal immigrants, they will go somewhere else to find them -- it's as simple as that. Instead, we have to look to reforming our visa programs so that the brightest people in the world still come to America to help create more jobs and make our country prosperous.

So to answer your question, to the conservatives doubting my immigration agenda, and to the American people, I'll tell you this: you're going to hear a lot of candidates try to lure you in with big, glamorous promises that they can't deliver on. Don't let these people fool you as the "true conservatives" in this election. A true conservative has not only a conservative agenda, but the foresight and pragmatism to get it done. Sure, my plan might not sound as radical or iron-fisted as the other guys', but I'll tell you why -- it works. Good, successful policy isn't loud, and it doesn't try to show-off, it works.
DFL

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 11:40:31 PM by DFL »

Romney Responses: Second Debate
Part 2

In 2007 Barack Obama promised Americans that our troops in Iraq would be out of the country in a little over a year. Here we are over 3 years later -- our troops still in Iraq, and President Obama facing major competition in the Democratic Primary. Obama knows he is vulnerable in this election, and his announcement to now withdraw troops from Iraq is no more than a blatant political maneuver to save his image as a President who broke his promises.

Let's look at the facts. Over 4,000 brave Americans have lost their lives in Iraq since 2003. The orderly transition and stability the people of Iraq were promised still hasn't arrived, and if we pull out now, those American sacrifices made will be in vein. It's clear this move isn't a part of a true military strategy -- its an act of political desperation.

America does need to get out of Iraq -- that's the bottom line -- but we cannot leave until we are sure our near decade of work in the country and thousands of lives lost, both Iraqi and American, were lost securing the freedom of a nation overwhelmed by extremism and instability. If I'm elected I'll do what our current President won't -- firmly negotiate with Iraqi leaders to secure a stable transition, and ensure we leave Iraq a better place than it was in 2003 -- which right now looks unlikely.

America deserves a President that acts on what is right, not on what is politically rewarding to them. America deserves a President who will live up to their promises and not write the country a blank check. America deserves a President willing to stand up for itself, and promote freedom around the world. Barack Obama has had his time, and he has failed. Let's elect someone who can bring real change to Iraq, and who can tell the families of our fallen soldiers that their sons and daughters did not lose their lives in vein.

I am a man of faith. My faith guides my moral philosophy and my outlook on the world, and I would say the issue of abortion is no different. I am a proud defender of life before birth, and would absolutely consider myself pro-life.

There are only three exceptions in which I believe abortion should be limited to: instances of rape or incest, or when the mother's life is at risk. I support the reversal of Roe V. Wade, and if elected will appoint judges that share that belief -- it's bad law and bad medicine, simple as that.

I support the Hyde Amendment, which bars the use of federal funds to support abortions. I'll also stop the United States from using foreign aid to fund abortions abroad. We shouldn't be spending taxpayer dollars to fund abortions globally, let alone in our own borders. Under a Romney administration, Planned Parenthood would also be federally de-funded.

I think it's pretty simple. Human life begins at conception -- that's a scientific fact. I would even question your suggestion that there is significant disagreement on this within the party, as it's been included in our platform since 2004. When we talk about abortion, people forget that it's not just one life involved, but two. As President, I would ensure that we defend and protect both lives involved, and have judges that do the same.
DFL

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 02:43:52 PM by DFL »

Campaign Schedule, September 2011

Constants:
ALWAYS visit small towns and hold town halls and local events
ALWAYS visit college campuses and meet with campus political groups, both Republican and non-partisan
ALWAYS try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
ALWAYS do research on new small towns, including local leaders, issues, etc. so that I am able to talk about local issues an connect with voters
ALWAYS visit small businesses and talk to workers, owners, etc.
ALWAYS keep note of who I meet, and bring them up in future speeches and debates
ALWAYS talk to anyone who wants to, no matter who they are or what their political affiliation is
ALWAYS take one day of break in each state I visit. Keep morale up among the team, and take more breaks if necessary to keep energy high.

Schedule:
October 1-6: Iowa
October 7-12: New Hampshire
October 13-19: South Carolina
October 20-25: Florida
October 26-31: Nevada

Iowa (Oct. 1-6)
Hold rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque, Waterloo, Sioux City
Hold town halls in small towns while touring the state
Visit small businesses, factories, farms, middle class neighborhoods
Emphasize job growth, Obamacare, trade

New Hampshire (Oct. 7-12)
Hold rallies in Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth
Hold events with Kelly Ayotte across state.
Emphasize Iraq and Libya policy, cutting regulations

South Carolina (Oct. 13-19)
Hold rallies in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville
Hold events with Nikki Haley across state
Emphasize Obamacare repeal, tour hospitals and talk to workers, administrators

Florida (Oct. 20-25)

Hold Rallies in Miami, St. Petersburg/Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee
Emphasize: Obamacare, foreign policy

Nevada (Oct. 26-31)
Hold Rallies in Reno, Las Vegas, Henderson, Carson City
Endorsements by Sen. Heller and Gov. Sandoval
Emphasize immigration, trade policy

To campaign staff: Focus on volunteer recruitment efforts and staffing at state HQs, especially in the first contests. In early stages of outreach, spread the word about Romney’s background, credentials, and vision for America.

Speeches and specific details will be posted throughout the turn.
DFL

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #4
"The Obama Economy"

Since Obama took office, I've had to lay off 40 of my 60 employees -- folks with families to feed and mortgages to pay off.

Six months ago I had to file for bankruptcy... I don't know how much longer we'll be in business

My family has owned our business for four generations. What am I supposed to do now that the recovery President Obama promised never came?

My name is Traci Bratton, and the Obama economy is not working for small business owners like me.

My name is Miguel Guajardo, and the Obama economy is not working.

My name is Peter Mondrose, and the Obama economy has failed America.

That's why I'm touring America talking to small business owners. I want to get to know and make a pact with the backbone of the American economy so that as your President we can fix our small business crisis.

I'm dedicated to lowering the taxes of hardworking Americans who deserve more than the past four years have given them. Our small businesses deserve to flourish, and I know that cutting excess red tape and getting the government out of the way of the American people is the only way forward.

When casting your vote this primary season, vote for the candidate that is dedicated to growing American jobs -- and has the business experience to do it.

I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Response to Gov. Fletcher

Governor, you just told the American people you're running for President because you're sick of "gotcha" politics, yet that is what you have just played.

Governor, you're right, back in 1994 my stance on abortion was more liberal than it was today, but it is unfair to take a single statement from 20 years ago and paint my views as if they are black and white. The truth is, governor, with issues as personal as abortion, people often must take a personal journey to develop their views.

Let me give you and the American people the full story, Governor.

Many, many years ago, I had a dear family relative that I was very close to who passed away from an illegal abortion. After that tragic and needless incident, my family became committed to upholding current laws to prevent anyone from feeling the same pain that we did. That is what shaped my view on abortion until I became Governor of Massachusetts.

My position changed during the stem-cell research debate. The provost of Harvard and the head of stem-cell research came into my office and at one point said that stem-cell research was not a moral issue because they killed the embryo at 14 days. And it hit me hard at that very moment that the Roe v. Wade philosophy had cheapened the value of human life. And I said to my chief of staff, who was with me in the meeting, as we came outside, “I am no longer content with the description of my position. I want to call myself pro-life.”

It's easy in politics to paint issues as black and white, Governor -- to play "gotcha politics," as you put it. That's easy to do. It's hard to tell personal stories, stories of growth, change, and emotion.

So sure, 20 years ago my views on abortion were different than they are today. That doesn't make me any less willing to defend the right to life, it just makes my position more nuanced. To prevent the illegal abortions that took the life of my family member, I believe that abortions in the case of rape, incest, or threat to the mother's health should still be legal. To prevent the needless loss of unborn human life, I support wholeheartedly pro-life policies.

So please, Governor, I agree with you. Let's stop playing "gotcha politics" and tell the full story. It may not be easy for me to say, or for people to hear, but it's the right thing to do.
DFL

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »

Response to Gov. Christie

With all due respect, Governor Christie, your argument falls flat as soon as it begins.

Governor, do you remember the comments you made about immigration in 2010? Just last year? Well let me remind you. You called upon Barack Obama personally to "put forward a common sense path to citizenship for people." Governor Christie has also said that being in this country illegally isn't a crime, and is willing to give those that are here illegally a free pass. How do we know this? Because in his time as US Attorney in New Jersey, that job that Governor Christie will tell you all about, he only prosecuted thirteen illegal immigration cases. Compare that to the 597 cases prosecuted in Kansas in the same time period -- I'm no mathematician, but there are a heck of a lot more people in New Jersey than Kansas.

Governor you can try to fool the American people by making a mountain out of a molehill with my statements in Nevada, which are wholly consistent with conservative values, but you cannot fool anyone with this.

Governor Christie wants you, the American people, to believe that because he talks louder than the rest of us and "tells it like it is" that he is somehow more qualified to be President of the United States. Governor, I agree with you on one thing, and that is that this is about trust.

Back when I was Governor of Massachusetts and faced a legislature that was 85% Democrat, I sent over 800 vetoes to policies that weren't conservative or right for our state, and believe me, there were a lot. Governor Christie, however, has let Democrats in New Jersey get to him -- he has stated multiple times that he supports the state's ineffective and incredibly strict gun control laws. So Governor, I have to ask, which one of us was supposed to get chewed alive by the Democrats?

Governor Christie, you are a fighter. You're willing to fight anyone you see as a threat with anything that you think can bring them down. I think the American people want something different. I think the American people want someone with the guts to tell the truth. We've been lied to for three years by the Obama administration, and the last thing we need is to be lied to by someone who tells it like it isn't.
DFL

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #3
Trust.
Air in all early contested states

Three short years ago, America trusted a man with little experience who made big promises.

Promises to fix the economy and lower unemployment.

Promises to fix healthcare

And promises to fix America's image abroad.

We all know how well those promises turned out.

So why, America, should we make the same mistake again?

Chris Christie's two short years as Governor of New Jersey have been all talk and no action

And now he wants to be our President?

Doesn't that remind you of someone?

Let's not make the same mistake we did last time, America. In 2012, we need someone we can trust to restore America's potential, not just an ambitious politician with big promises.

Mitt Romney has spent over two decades turning around businesses, and states. Mitt gets it.

We can't risk our country's future again. Elect someone you can trust to actually do what they say.
 Elect Mitt Romney. (I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message)

DFL

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »

Jacksonville, Florida
October 21st, 2011

DFL

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 02:44:28 PM »

Sandoval and Heller Endorse Romney

Las Vegas, Nevada
October 26th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 02:56:48 PM »

Romney Speech on Healthcare

Charleston, South Carolina
October 15th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #6
"Healthcare Cure"

I'm Mitt Romney, and I want to talk to you about healthcare.

After Obamacare passed last year, many Americans are worried about what will happen to their coverage and their premiums.

When I hear that Obamacare is increasing our doctor shortage and increasing premiums, I'm worried too.

That's why I pledge to repeal and replace Obamacare as soon as I'm elected President to relieve the American people of their current healthcare burden.

That's also why my healthcare plan stops punishing self-insurers, and gives Medicaid back to the states.

And if you have a pre-existing condition? Don't worry, you can keep your insurance without having to worry about losing it.

America's healthcare system should be helping you get better, not giving you a headache. I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.
DFL

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »

Boston, Massachusetts

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies