Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26556 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Chris Christie New Hampshire Victory Speech.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Governor Daniels on Fox News: 'Historic Victory for Christie', 'Chris is a true conservative, who can beat Hillary Clinton'.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2018, 01:35:00 PM »

Carolla debate answers part 2
What is your position on online gambling?

Carolla:Well I think stuff like the lottery is stupid and a waste of time. However if you want to bet on sporting events like the Super Bowl coming up that’s fine. Just don’t get too addicted to it and I don’t see why the government should get involved and say yeah you can’t do this.  I may not be the biggest fan of doing it but it doesn’t bother me if someone wants to do it and at least try to careful.

So whille I wouldn’t be the one to say hey I am going to go put money on the line on the internet. As long as someone else doesn’t get too carried away with it. It wouldn’t bother me if someone else does it.

3.Well I think we should find  and get Bin Laden and get all the remanding top dogs of the Taliban, Al Qaeda and other groups and then I think we should get out. We don’t want to overstay our visit in Afghanistan any longer.  Its already longer than Vietnam!!  So yes it is simple. We are in the final stages and we need to wrap it up and bring the boys back home.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2018, 07:23:13 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Biden debate answers (barring responses to Clinton, of course)

1. I will seek to keep the Bush tax cuts for the poor and middle class, but I will seek to raise taxes on the top 10% of wealthy individuals and corporations.

2. I have far fewer ethical problems than Senator Clinton does...and it's really that simple. We really don't need to go back to the scandal-stricken tawdriness of the Clinton White House of the 1990's, which led to Republicans taking over Congress in 1994, and two Government shutdowns in 1995 and 1996. A Clinton nomination will cost us more House seats, and will cost us the Senate.

3. The fact is, if you look at Nancy Pelosi's voting record, she's very progressive on a wide variety of issues. Could we do better? Sure, but Pelosi is hardly a bad choice to begin with.

4. I was wrong to not filibuster Clarence Thomas. I was wrong to allow Clarence Thomas a hearing on the Judiciary Committee. He does not deserve a place on the highest court on the land.

4. It's not my fault Republicans in Congress were more interested in denying President Obama any achievement whatsoever, in what was obviously blatant racism. Seriously, we haven't seen anything this bad since before the Civil War.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2018, 04:11:56 PM »

Joe Biden Schedule Summary

Vice President Biden spent the eleven days leading up the Nevada Caucuses in South Carolina, with the exception of the final three days before the caucuses, as he made a clear effort to win the South Carolina Primary.

His Election Night rally at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, was held with all surrogates (except for John Kerry and Jim Clyburn).

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2018, 04:13:47 PM »

What Carolla did part 1
Carolla went out and campaigned in Florida and called out the media for their biases and how they want to election to be Chris Christie vs Hillary Clinton.

He also campagined on tax reform and the space program.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #405 on: February 10, 2018, 06:00:38 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2018, 07:27:03 PM by Senator Haslam2020 »

”...Connecticut, I’ve served you for years. We don’t need a Christie or a Clinton in the White House, we need Clark...
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2018, 06:08:56 PM »

Wesley Clark Interview on CNN:

Wolf Blitzer: Now we have scored an interview with General Wesley Clark, and we have some questions for him. General Clark, great to have you on, let’s get down to business if you don’t mind. What is your opinion on the Libya Intervention?

General Clark: Thanks, great to be on Wolf, well about that... I’m a former General, I know a lot about the military, I’ve been in it my whole life... I don’t understand if what President Obama did here was just because he’s unqualified and too inexperienced for the Presidency, or if he’s just plain stupid. Hell, it’s just gonna cause more problems in a horrifically unstable area of the world. Mark my words America, no new unnecessary foreign wars in the Middle East if you elect me.

Wolf Blitzer: Alright, I have another question. What is your opinion on the current state of the primaries on both sides. You have Senator Clinton and Governor Christie with two victories on both sides, which may change. Why do you think you, as a third party contender, can compete with them in the General, if they’re nominated?

General Clark: I’m glad you asked that Wolf, just look at the primaries. You see a puppet of Wall Street leading the Democrats, a foreign policy hawk, a political opportunist leading them. The democrats are honestly like rats fleeing a sinking ship, heck the President was so unpopular he was forced to drop out. The Republicans are just running on another four years of George Bush, and we cant have that again, we know we can’t. I’m the only candidate who will bring the U.S economy back to where it needs to be, and give the U.S a sensible foreign policy. America, let’s try something new after years of failure.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2018, 07:00:14 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2018, 07:03:26 PM by Blair »

Well, I've been called a lot of things in this campaign, but I think being called the 'most abrasive' Governor in America, is something that I'm gonna wear as a badge of honor.

Look, I know that Americans are absolutely fed up of weak politicians who are too cowardly to tell the American public the truth. We tried having a laid back President, who gives everyone easy answers, with Barack Obama, and it's been a disaster. But if folks are for some reason worried about my style, and how I'll work with Congress, I'll point them to great results we've had in New Jersey.

I've managed to get real conservative reforms in New Jersey by standing up, and telling it like it is. I've not minced my words, and I haven't been afraid to tell people, both republicans and Democrats, when they're wrong. When the Democrats in control of the legislature tried to put a budget on my desk with tax hikes in it, you know what I did... I walked away. And then they came back a couple of weeks later, and we passed a balanced budget deal that didn't have a single tax rise.

But it hasn't just worked there; I've managed to take on one of the most powerful unions in the country, and got them to finally pay their fair share into their pension schemes, I've got rid of special perks for failing teachers, I've capped property tax at 2%, and I've worked with business leaders to create 60,000 private sector jobs. All of this has been possible because I've stood up, and said 'these are my values, this is my policy, let's get something done.'

Frankly I know that's what the American people want. They don't want politicians who offer them easy answers, or who give long winded speeches; they want someone who can get on with the job. I'm sure some of you may have noticed, but I'm a big guy (laughs). I'm not going to let Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid push me around. I'll say to them, and to Speaker Boehner, look, we need to sort out this ridiculous out of control spending, and frankly I'm willing to lock them in a room until we get a proper agreement to get rid of our budget deficit, and to begin paying off our national debt.

At the end of the day I know that Americans want a President who can get results, and I've done that in New Jersey. I know that my style may seem a bit well, New Jersey-esque to some folks, but at this time in our nations history, more than ever, we need someone who isn't afraid of telling some harsh truths, and someone who can actually get results. Believe me, I'm the guy to do that.

Well, unlike Governor Romney, I've actually won in both Iowa, and New Hampshire. But I'm not going to start laying into Mitt, because frankly your question is ridiculous.  The media are obsessed with constantly dividing up the republican party. It's a load of baloney.

I know that republican voters, whether they're in Iowa, South Carolina or Nevada want the same thing; they want someone who can defeat Hillary Clinton, and someone who has the strength and leadership to carry out real conservative change, like repealing Obamacare, or helping to create quality jobs to get folks back to work.

I also want to address this myth that folks in the media, and some on this stage keep putting forward that I'm not conservative, because it's beyond stupid. I'm a principled conservative, and I've fought for real conservative reforms in one of the most democratic states in the nation. I've defunded planned parenthood, I refused to renominate an out of control liberal justice and I've taken on the most powerful unions in the country. If I can do this all in New Jersey, with a Democrat controlled legislature, just think what I can do if we have a republican House and Senate.

But look, of course I think we can win, and I tell you what- I reckon I'm the only candidate on this stage who is going to win in every corner of America, because republican voters don't care what part of the country you come from, they care about the results that you can get. So if you want someone with a proven track record, who can defeat Hillary Clinton and who can then achieve real conservative reforms, I'm the guy for you.

Look I support online gambling in New Jersey, but it should be left to the states to decide. I know that the Governors, the state Attorney Generals and the legislatures are the best people to decide what action should be taken on online gambling, rather than just letting the federal government make a blanket decision.

In New Jersey we allowed New Jersey, and it's been a success. It's created over 3,000 jobs, and generated over $600 million dollars; that's what success looks like, and I don't see why the federal government should be able to stop that.

Well the first way to help end the war in Afghanistan is to kill Osama Bin Laden. It's simple, and as President it would be my number 1 priority. We went into Afghanistan because the Taliban were giving safe haven to Bin Laden, and other members of Al-Qaeda. So to fix the problem in Afghanistan we've got to take out the Radical Islamic terrorists who are still hiding in the country.

We've also got to keep support for the democratically elected Government in Afghanistan. This means providing training, and support for their security services, and ensure that our allies in NATO and the UN continue to provide as much support as possible to Afghanistan. I know that some folks are beginning to tire of our mission in Afghanistan, but the presence of US Troops is keeping Afghanistan more stable than it would be without the, and frankly as President I'm always going to put the safety of the American people first, even if it's unpopular.

Some people running for President, like Rep. Jones take a different view. He voted to defund our military operations in Afghanistan, because he thinks we can just cut our losses and run away. That's wrong, and I'll tell you why. It would mean that the current Government in Afghanistan could collapse, and then we'd have the Taliban back in power. It's much easier to hunt down and kill these terrorists seeking to harm Americans if we have a strong, friendly ally in Kabul, rather than a government dominated by the Taliban.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #408 on: February 10, 2018, 07:36:37 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2018, 08:11:34 PM by Lumine »

Fletcher under fire:

Initially a near quixotic bid for the Presidency following a landslide defeat in Kentucky back in 2007, Governor Ernie Fletcher (R-KY) rapidly displayed campaigning skill and benefited both from the departure of several social conservative candidates as well as avoiding some of the more harsh blows delivered on the primary. That has changed. It was the National Review who published a story today (days before the South Carolina Primary) in which a prominent source (thought to come from a rival campaign) claimed that after the endorsement of Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI) and his campaigning for the Governor, Fletcher was prepared to choose Upton as his Vice-Presidential pick should he win the nomination.

The news has sparked a negative reaction from many prominent conservatives, who saw with dismay and anger the controversial comments of Upton's presidential campaign and his "excessive" turn towards the left, often leaving him at odds with the Republican Party on most key issues. Many, like former Speaker Newt Gingrich, have asked Fletcher to immediate rule out the story or else face a drop in support among Republican conservatives, who strongly feel a moderate running mate (and one as moderate as Upton) would make the ticket "untrustworthy on the issues." It remains to be seen what damage will Fletcher take in the upcoming South Carolina Primary due to this controversy.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2018, 08:38:13 PM »

Campaign Highlights
Part Two

FOX News Exclusive: Interview w/ Ernie Fletcher
Jan. 14th

Matt Blunt: Ernie Fletcher "shows the real credentials to unite this country"
Jan. 14th

Fletcher interviewed on local radio stations
Jan. 15th

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2018, 10:34:25 PM »

Carolla campaigns in Florida on immigration

Amercia is a fantastic country and I think it’s a honor to be a citizen of such a wonderful great country as ours. However I don’t apporve Of illegally getting across the border and start taking jobs away from hard working legal Amercians.

I think we need to do something about our borders. They are too weak and there weaknesses have been exposed many times.  Like I said earlier I am very welcoming to people in the United States.
However that doesn’t mean you can just skim across here day 1 across open borders. No it’s not like that!

We have a broken immigration system and everybody knows it.  We need to tough on border security we need to hold the people who let these people slide in accountable.

As President I will fix our borders and reform our border security and make sure more people get into our country from Mexico legally.
We need to reform and make our citizen and immigration programs better.  We need to reform and have a better team of ICE and border patrol officers  across the borders.

Folks this may sound unpopular but it isn’t!  Americans will mainly agree with me on this type of thing.

We need tough and bold immigration reform!!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »

Carolla calls out media bias in Clemson South Carolina rally

So the media is once again showing their biases once again!! It’s almost like they are trying to influence this election. They want the election to be Christie vs Clinton so much!! They are now running obviously hit pieces against not just me but anyone who is anti establishment and has is tough enough to take them on!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »

What Carolla did part 2

Carolla campaigned in South Carolina and Florida on healthcare and infrastructure reform. 

In Miami Carolla also talked about reforming the DMV.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Schedule

January 11th: Governor Christie flew from New Hampshire to South Carolina to continue his campaign. He spend the morning holding a series of TV, and Media interviews with National and Local media in South Carolina. The highlight was an in depth interview with Bill O'Reilly, where Christie admitted the New Hampshire result 'was a couple less points than we expected'' but said it was 'still historic in an open race to win in both Iowa, and New Hampshire', which Christie put down to the fact that 'the voters in New Hampshire and Iowa, knew that I was on there side''. Christie also said that he 'looked forward'' to proving the polls wrong in South Carolina, and was 'confident that we're gonna do a lot better than the folks in the media think.'' Later in the day the Governor held a round-table with evangelical leaders in Mount Pleasant, and later held a Town Hall where he reaffirmed his support for the 'pro-life cause' and pointed to his record 'De-funding planned parenthood and blocking liberal justices from renomination' in New Jersey.

January 12th: Governor Christie spend the morning holding a ''commander-in-chief'' forum discussion at the U.S.S Yorktown where he said it 'beyond vital that republican voters pick someone who can keep America safe'. Citing his record ''as a U.S Attorney who put terrorist behind bars'' and as the ''only guy running who's actually got experience in National Security Matters''. In a town hall held later in the day Christie reaffirmed his commitment to the PATRIOT ACT, and attacked the ''zealots on the fringe of the party who are more concerned with scoring petty points than keeping America safe.'' Christie reaffirmed that he ''would never apologize for supporting the PATRIOT Act'' and promised that he'd support an increase in both defense and intelligence funding, and vowed to make ''Killing Osama Bin Laden'' his number one priority.

January 13th:
Governor Christie traveled to Columbia where held a special rally with Governor  Haley Barbour, where he blasted Joe Biden for wanting to impeach Clarence Thomas. Calling the Vice-President's remarks 'beyond stupid', Christie said it showed 'the Democrats have given up even pretending to even care about the rule of law''. Christie later told the crowd that 'if you want to keep Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court, and kick Joe Biden out of office, you've got to vote for me.'' Later in the afternoon the Governor met with farmers in the Tobacco industry and pledged to 'end the burden of excessive regulations and taxation'' which are 'crippling the agriculture industry across America''. Governor Christie was later joined by Iowa Governor Terry Branstad who praised Christie 'as a dedicated champion for rural Americans'' and someone 'who knows leadership is about more than giving a speech on the floor of congress, it's about lifting folks up, and allowing everyone to reach their god-given potential.'' 

January 14th:
Governor Christie traveled to Miami-Dade in Florida to hold a ''Cubans for Christie'' event and rally with Representative Ilena Ros-Lehtinen. Christie started the day giving radio interviews to local media, and then visited a Cuban diner, and held a roundtable discussion with Cuban business leaders, before giving a speech to the Chamber of Commerce where he promised to 'kick Washington into Shape' by 'cutting  spending, lowering taxes and fixing entitlements'' before promising to 'get a real bi-partisan deal to eliminate our deficit'' and telling the crowd 'I've done it in New Jersey, let me do it for all Americans''. Christie later visited the eternal flame memorial for Cuban Freedom Fighters, and Bay of Pigs Veterans, and hailed them as 'Heroes, who represented values that make me proud to be an American; bravery, valor and liberty''. In the evening Christie held a rally with Rep Ros-Lehtinen who said that that the 'cuban community here in Miami have an ally, a friend and a champion in Chris Christie'' and urged them ''to make their voices heard in the primary, and support Governor Christie.''

January 15th: Governor Christie returned to South Carolina overnight, and in the morning toured the new Boeing Plant with Governor Nikki Haley in North Charleston. Meeting with workers Governor Christie touted the his tax plan which would 'end the Federal Government treating working folks like a cow on market day'' and reaffirmed his pledge to 'lower individual rates of tax'' to let workers have more control of their own pay-packet. Governor Christie later gave a speech where he praised 'South Carolina's long status as a right-to-work state'' which he said 'has attracted jobs and investment''. Christie pointed to his record 'fighting the union fat-cats in New Jersey'' and promised that as President he would force Unions to ''stop blocking the road to real reform'' and accused them  of 'not giving a hoot about the National Economy.'' Governor Christie later visited a charter school to meet with parents, and to hold a Educational Town Hall promoting 'real school choice' and argued that charter schools 'can lift millions of poor Americans out of poverty, including African-Americans, who have been let down by failing public schools, that Democrats refuse to fix.''
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Schedule Part 2

January 16th:
Governor Christie started the day with a series of radio interviews with evangelical stations, and gave a print interview to the Weekly Standard, where he argued that the party needed someone ''who can win, whether that's a win in Iowa, a win in New Hampshire, a win in November, or a win when Congress gets to work repealing Obamcare''. He also dismissed claims that he was a ''some sort of secret liberal backed by the establishment'' as 'deluded fantasies', who ignored 'the fact I've fought for every conservative cause in New Jersey, and I've managed to win in one of the most Democratic states in the nation''. Christie also announced that he would be endorsed by Paul Ryan, a much respected figure on the Conservative wing of the Republican Party, and that Ryan ''will be playing a very large role in my campaign, and in helping to develop serious policies to eliminate our budget deficit, and to reform our inflated entitlement spending.'' Christie spend the remainder of the day holding a serious of 'Telling it like it is'' Town Halls across the state, including a tele-Town Hall on Veteran issues where he pledged to 'end the backlog of veterans trying to get disability aid'' and would 'allow veterans to get healthcare anytime, anywhere''.

January 17th: In a campaign appearance in Mount Pleasant with Rep. Paul Ryan, Governor Christie blasted Ernie Fletcher over reports that he was going to pick Fred Upton as his Vice-President. Deriding the Governor for ''not even denying the reports'', Christie said it ''showed that conservatives, and republicans simply cannot trust Governor Fletcher,'' and told the crowd ''trust me, I'm going to pick a running mate who supports the Republican Party, who supports repealing Obamacare and who stands up for Americans over the useless union bosses holding our country back''. Christie later held a town hall with Ryan to further touting his plan to 'clear up the economic mess that the Democratic party, and Hillary Clinton have placed us in''. Later in the evening Christie traveled to Charleston to hold a rally with Governor Nikki Haley who attacked Ernie Fletcher for 'siding with the the union bosses, the Democratic Party and the crooked establishment, when he refused to condemn his friend Fred Upton'' and said it ''was clear that South Carolinas simply cannot trust him'' and that 'Chris is the only guy running who has your back''.

January 18th: Governor Christie started the day by meeting workers at a automobile factory in York County where he again promised to ''fight to for real-high quality manufacturing jobs'' which can 'high-start our economy''. Christie then delivered a high profile speech, attended by local and National Press where he unveiled his plan for ''12 Million Jobs'', delivered through 'genuine market led reforms, such as national right-to-work, repeal of the Individual and Employee mandate, true energy independence, and real investment in technical colleges to teach proper skills''. After the speech Christie traveled to Brown Mackie College in Greenville, South Carolina to meet students, and hold a Q&A about education, job training and hi-tech jobs. In the afternoon, and evening Governor Christie held a series of Town Halls in Mount Pleasant where he touted his plan to 'protect religious liberty from the ravenous assault by elements of the Democratic Party'' and argued that ''Bobby and John Kennedy would look in horror at how the Democrats have attacked religious liberty', and said that 'there's lots of old school democrats outraged about this, I've reached out to these folks in New Jersey.'' Christie again reaffirmed his commitment to pick a running mate 'committed to constitutional conservatism'' and to ''appoint Justices like Justice Alito.''

January 19th:
In the morning Governor Christie meet with campaign staff at the HQ in Charleston, and went out canvassing with volunteers, before attending a special phone-bank session that was reaching out to Evangelical voters. Later Governor Christie gave another major prime-time speech in  Summerville called '130' where Christie outlined his record at tackling the 'corrupt establishment rot' in New Jersey, and pointed to his record at 'putting over 130 of the most corrupt elected officials and appointed officials behind bars, for using the government as a slush fund''. Christie praised the Tea Party's rise 'for making people realize across the country that we need to get our government back''. The Governor also derided claims that he was an 'establishment stooge'' and pointed to his record ''putting corrupt republican politicians in prison'', and said 'he'd stood up to republicans when they didn't push hard enough against the unions, when they didn't stand up for school choice, when they didn't fund our pension system, I told the Republican party went it was wrong''.

January 20th: In the last full day of campaigning Governor Christie started with an early morning visit to a Veteran Hall where he held a town-hall with Veteran voters and promised to 'fully fund, and boost our Armed Forces'' whilst also ''cleaning house in the Veterans Department'' to get 'proper care and services for those who've carried out the ultimate service.'' Later Governor Christie held a rally with campaign supporters in Mount Pleasant where he said 'it's time to pick someone who can fight, and win for America''. Christie also pointed to his economic plan ''as the only comprehensive plan to create jobs, lower taxes, and lift this country up'' and said 'I shook up the establishment in New Jersey, let me shake up the establishment in D.C. Let's send a message to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid... let's tell them we want our country back.'' Later in the evening after his final campaign rally with Governor Haley and Paul Ryan, Christie gave a speech to campaign workers and told them 'to shock the media establishment, and show them just how much South Carolina wants a fighter in the White House.''

January 21th: Governor Christie spend the day with Mary-Pat Christie, and campaign staff delivering leaflets, and knocking on doors in Charleston, before driving to Mount Pleasant to take part in campaign events with Evangelical pastors, and leaders who were involved with the campaign. Governor Christie then returned with Mary-Pat to watch the Primary results come in.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:37 PM »

Hillary campaigns in Nevada, continuing to use many of the same talking points she has so far in the campaign. She especially stresses her comprehensive immigration reform plan and her schemes for higher education. All Western surrogates campaign in Nevada with her, while Eastern surrogates focus on South Carolina and fundraising. Hillary does not participate in the debate, citing scheduling conflict.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »

Surrogate Schedule

Mary-Pat Christie: Campaigned with Chris Christie in South Carolina, and attended a series of Town Halls to appeal to evangelical voters where she outlined her Husband's faith, and his commitment  ''to fighting for American families''. Will also appear in a series of local, and National TV Interviews with her Husband to discuss their marriage, Chris' role as Father and her commitment 'to helping American families open, and run small businesses' as First Lady.

Jon Huntsman Jnr: Will hold a series of roundtable, and outreach sessions with the Mormom Community in Nevada, and will visit Utah with his Father to promote the campaign, and reach out to supporters of Governor Romney. Also will write a series of Newspaper articles, and Media Interviews  before the South Carolina to argue Christie ''is the only candidate who has stood up against those republicans who don't want American leadership in the World. He's stood up against the Isolationists.''   

Nikki Haley: Appeared at a set of campaign rallies with Governor Christie, promoted his economic vision for the state of South Carolina, and carried out media interviews to argue ''Governor Christie has the economic vision that can lift up South Carolina'' and touted his history ''taking on the establishment, and standing up for Liberty.''

Paul Ryan: Appeared in South Carolina to support Governor Christie's tax plan, and to argue Christie ''has stood up against the establishment in both parties who have refused to cut spending.'' Later appeared in Conservative media outlooks like RedState, National Review and Fox News to promote Governor Christie to conservative, and Tea-Party aligned voters, arguing 'Chris is our champion to beat Hillary Clinton.''

Susanna Martinez: Recorded a series of spanish and English radio ads, and videos to air in Florida and Nevada where she promoted Governor Christie's support for law and order policies, his Catholic faith and his ability to bring Americans together. Campaigned in Miami, and Las Vegas to promote the Christie Campaign.

Ilena Ros-Lehtinen: Appointed Chairwoman of the Florida Campaign (with two other vice-chairs to be announced next week) and held a 'Cubans for Christie' Rally and Event. Appeared in Cuban, Spanish and English Media in the Miami-Dade region, and promoted Christie's 'support for the Cuban community' and his commitment to the ''true American values of Liberty, valor and patriotism.''

Haley Barbour: Hold a series of outreach events in Northern Florida, before travelling to South Carolina to meet with Evangelical supporters, and to promote Christie to retiree, veterans and other traditional republican voters. 
adamevans
United States

« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2018, 07:58:44 PM by Evans »

6th Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers & Responses

I've worked in the healthcare industry for years. Let me tell you, I'm not much a fan of the Affordable Care Act. The main problem you have here with it is how it imposes every citizen to buy insurance. It's ridiculous. Penalizing people for either not being able to afford the insurance or spending it elsewhere is counter productive. It's not fixing a healthcare system (audience applauses) The individual mandate is a system that only burdens people. We're not fixing a healthcare system by forcing people to buy it.

And because employers must offer insurance to employees, people are getting less hours to work, and they're getting less in their paycheck. They're making full-time employees become part-time to afford paying rising health insurance prices for their employees.

It's spending too much, taxing too much, and certainly not reducing the deficit a lot. You have to have some kind of cut to the deficit if you want to reverse this massive debt. It's on the path to spending over one trillion between 2013 - 2019. It's set to increase taxes by more than 600 billion between 2013 - 2019. I'll straight repeal the Affordable Care Act before it gets the chance to do that.

We need to make energy one way or another. Americans understand that we cannot continue to import 60% of our oil from foreign countries, many of which are hostile to the US, if we aim to be exceptional in the world. I'll support a renewable energy plan to create more of OUR energy here, and create less dependence on countries in the Middle East. I'm tired of letting them decide our gas prices every time our families go out for a vacation in the Spring and Summer (audience applauses).

My vision is that we create a goal of 25% renewable energy by 2025 without throwing a single coal miner or oil driller out of work. Every type of energy will be needed when we fight for energy independence. We don't have to import more than 60% of our oil from the Middle East to keep gas prices low. We can create all types of energy here, and our gas prices can actually be low.

Trust me, the, uh, gambling industry doesn't like me very much (laughing). They ask me to support them in return for campaign funds, I say no. You have families all across the US spending ridiculous amounts of money on gambling. We continue to top the lists in gambling spending worldwide. It's taking away more money than it makes. Last year, Americans spent over 30 billion more on gambling than what we got back from it. That is not benefit. That is losing money. We've been losing more and more to gambling addiction ever since this rapid expansion. Something must be done to bring awareness to this addiction.

There are many great workers in the gambling industry, and I'm not trying to throw them out of work. Let's halt this rapid expansion of gambling. It can sometimes ruin families in these scenarios, and we're on the path to spend a trillion gambling in the next decade. It's a story that doesn't have a happy ending, and it leaves families devastated. It's expansion certainly hasn't helped the economic crisis we've been in. It's a bad deal for our families, our people, and our nation. My plan is to stop these problems that come with gambling addiction.

Just get the mission done. Trust me, as a Veteran, the handling of this war is awful. My foreign policy priority will be to kill Osama bin Laden. We've been in Afghanistan for more than a decade. It's time to finish this mission and stop spending reckless amounts of money overseas. I don't believe anyone can call themselves a deficit hawk if they want to keep the reckless amount of spending. We must kill Osama bin Laden.

We get the mission done, we leave, it's over, and nothing like 9/11 ever happens in our country ever again (audience applauses). We've lost thousands of troops overseas. We've spent trillions overseas. This war against terrorism could've been handled better, and we all know it.   

Rebuttal— Governor Christie, the rate of gambling addiction is one of the highest in the nation in New Jersey. In areas with more gambling addiction, bankruptcies increase, robberies increase, and crime does too. There has to be some kind of action against this addiction. You have to be the big man sometimes and stand up against this. Families will spend more than a trillion gambling in the next decade, and it consistently outweighs the revenue. I want people to have more in their paycheck, and no addiction should be taking money out of their paycheck. People lose thousands of dollars daily gambling. Something must be done.

Rebuttal— Governor Christie, they may think of you as less conservative because you cut deductions in New Jersey raising state taxes. It is ridiculous to believe that there is no way someone can believe you are more moderate. You had property tax relief programs slashed. You had other deduction programs slashed. It's imperative that we call those policies for what they are. Tax hikes.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2018, 07:40:08 PM »

Joe Biden in Carson City, Nevada

You know, it was very nice debating against myself yesterday...but seriously, what does Senator Clinton have to hide? She skipped a debate, which last time I checked was not how you win a Presidential nomination. Did she learn any lessons at all from her run in 2008? Either she's incompetent, she won't answer serious questions about herself and her past, or she has something she's hiding that she doesn't want to get out. Whatever it is, it's not a quality we need in our nominee.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #419 on: February 13, 2018, 09:53:12 AM »

Debate

Rebuttal— Governor Christie, the rate of gambling addiction is one of the highest in the nation in New Jersey. In areas with more gambling addiction, bankruptcies increase, robberies increase, and crime does too. There has to be some kind of action against this addiction. You have to be the big man sometimes and stand up against this. Families will spend more than a trillion gambling in the next decade, and it consistently outweighs the revenue. I want people to have more in their paycheck, and no addiction should be taking money out of their paycheck. People lose thousands of dollars daily gambling. Something must be done.

Now this is one issue where we disagree. I believe in both state's rights, and in the free market. I don't think we should allow the federal government to excessively dictate what states can, and can't do. Of course we know there's problems with gambling addiction; but a white paper released by the IDEA said there's absolutely no link between the introduction of online gambling, and an increased rate of addiction.

The illegal gambling industry is worth over $15 billion, and frankly I think it's better to allow individual state's to regulate it, and then use the revenue gained to help work on anti-addiction programs, rather than just outright banning which would still leave folks with an addiction to illegal gambling.

It's a matter of both pragmatism, and principles; it's brought tax revenue and jobs into New Jersey, it's help boost Atlantic City, and it's shown the importance of both state's rights, and the power of free markets. I'm happy to support that.

Well look Ernie, I know it's been a while since you held office (chuckles), so I'll tell you what's happening in New Jersey.

In the 8 years before I was Governor there were 115 increases in taxes and fees. But under my spell as Governor I've not raised income, sales or corporation tax.

I've had the Democrats, who control both the Senate and the Assembly, come to my desk with a millionaire's tax, and with an increase in corporation tax, and I vetoed it, and told them that I wasn't going to sign a budget with increased tax rates. And I didn't. I was also the first Governor to cap property tax rates at 2%, rather than the 4% the Democrats won't.

I'm from a state dominated by Democrats; if I had republican majorities I would have been able to pass proper expansive tax cuts across the board, whilst also cutting our excessive spending. But I had to work with the Democrats, and I had to make sure that we balanced the Budget, and that meant cutting back some of tax reliefs. That's the thing Ernie; sometimes when you have to balance a budget you have to make tough calls.

Rebuttal to Paul

The reason we have this problem with terrorists today is because of our hawkish and interventionist foreign policy, Al Qaeda was only able to become what it is today because we armed them and trained them when they were still the mujahideen in the 80's, they started attacking us because they had the guns we gave to them and because we have troops in their holy land, something that to them shouldn't happen, they started attacking us because we intervened in the Lebanese Civil War in the 70's, they started attacking and hating us because we bombed Muslim countries like Libya in the 80's!

Sending troops is not only bad to end the war beacause it generates more hatred, but it also is bad to the soldiers, they could be here in America working, but instead they are in other countries, fighting for something that sometimes didn't even originally involve us, I have served during Vietnam, I have been endorsed by other veterans such as Jesse Ventura, and people like us have seen what exactly is war and how horrible it is, and no man deserves to pass trough it.

By keeping troops in Afghanistan and other countries and intervening in their wars and problems that don't threaten us, we are only generating hate against our country, we are only generating more and more future problems with terrorism, so to stop this, we need to end the war in Afghanistan and our military presence in other countries by bringing back our sons and daughters, closing the military bases and opening ourselves to cooperation with other countries.

I'm sorry Representative Paul but someone has got to call you out on this these ridiculous, dangerous views. I don't understand why no-one else in this race is prepared to stand up and defend American values.

The problems in Afghanistan do threaten us. Where you asleep when Osama Bin Laden and the Al-Qaeda leadership were hiding in the mountains of Afghanistan? If we pulled out all our troops tomorrow we'd have seen a massive vacuum in Afghanistan, and we'd seen Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden and the other murdering fanatics being protected by the Taliban.

You mention Libya, but Ronald Reagan bombed Libya because they'd already supported terrorist attacks in Germany. You're entire ideology says that if someone attacks the United States it's somehow our own fault. Unlike you Representative Paul, I'm prepared to stand up, and fight back against those who harm America.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2018, 10:51:26 AM »

What Carolla did part 3

Carolla campaigned on trade and space exploration in Florida with legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin throughout the Central Florida area.

Carolla in Soutn Carolina campaigned on reforming NAFTA debunking rumors of him wanting to raise tariffs and campaigned on his business tax plan and how it would help South Carolla.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2018, 11:03:16 AM »

Fletcher rules out Upton as his VP, blasts back at the National Review

Newt Gingrich: "I'm disappointed in the National Review"
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2018, 02:10:54 PM »

Carolla campaign ad airing in all 50 states
NAFTA
Carolla VoiceOver:
Do we really have free trade?

Despite the free in NAFTA and CAFTA they are still not free trade. 
Free trade,” by definition, is freedom from government in bartering and exchanging. Governments step aside and allow the peoples of their respective countries to exchange goods and services or associate with the peoples of other countries without any (or very little) government interference.

So this means NAFTA is not a free trade agreement and it’s rather a corporate takeover of North Amercia

And with these deals like NAFTA and CAFTA these deals they away good paying jobs in Amercia and shipping them overseas killing any competition.

And I am the only candidate in the Republican race to tackle this issue.

However If I before President I will Reform our trade deals and make sure Amercia is able to complete and win when it comes to completing in the markets of the world.

Not I am not  going to tarrif goods and countries rather I will cut our corporate tax rate which will also help us in competiting in the world. 

Amercia will boom again when we are back on top of the trade world.
Trust me Adam Carolla and trust a different kind of Republican
adamevans
United States

« Reply #423 on: February 13, 2018, 03:17:46 PM »

Surrogate Schedule

Glenna Fletcher: Just like other Fletcher campaigns, Glenna will join Ernie on the campaign trail in several press conferences, Town Halls, campaign rallies, etc. Glenna even delivers the Post- New Hampshire Results Speech. She outreaches to local South Carolina mothers and they talk about pro-family policy and talks about "Politicians cares more about political games today and not about issues that affect families."

Mike Huckabee: Huckabee joins campaign staff in outreaching to local South Carolina Churches and Pastors. He talks about how "Ernie truly knows the problems in Churches today" and "He can pass religious freedom legislation." He also appears on national media interviews to promote Ernie Fletcher's campaign.

Marco Rubio: Rubio spent time campaigning with campaign staff in Miami- Dade County campaigning door to door and phone calling voters. He outreaches to Cuban families, stating "Ernie will help every American family, including Cuban families" and explained his tax policy as "expanding family deductions while cutting taxes." He promoted Governor Ernie Fletcher's campaign on local and national media interviews, including local Cuban news stations. He led most fundraising efforts in Florida.

Jim DeMint: Senator DeMint spent some time attending national interviews explaining his endorsement for Governor Fletcher and promoting his campaign, saying "He's the only person who I know, without doubt, he will stand up for South Carolina families" and "I know he can bring us back a strong economy for our families." He also gave a pep talk to Campaign Staff to give them campaigning motivation, joined Fletcher for a fundraiser, and later, held fundraisers himself in Columbia and led fundraising efforts in South Carolina.

Newt Gingrich: Gingrich gave several national interviews to promote Ernie's campaigning touting his Veteran's Affair plan, Energy Independence plan, and Tax Plan. He joined Fletcher in a campaign rally in Lexington, SC and talked about how he "has the competence to deliver a strong energy independence plan." He appeared on the campaign trail in Central South Carolina with campaign staff to talk about Ernie's plans to help South Carolina with voters. He also appeared on several local conservative radio stations to promote Ernie Fletcher's campaign.

Matt Blunt: Matt Blunt appeared in a rally in Spartanburg to talk about how Ernie "shows the real credentials to unite this country." After showing up in the rally, he gives a pep talk to South Carolina campaign staff and then delivers another pep talk to Missouri campaign staff helping campaign motivation. He holds several fundraisers for the campaign and leads the fundraising efforts in Missouri.

Sonny Perdue: Perdue holds Town Halls and Fundraisers in Northern Florida, leading the fundraising efforts in Northern Florida. He meets with local campaign staff to talk about campaign strategies in Northern Florida.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »

Huntsman on CNN: ''Governor Christie is the only candidate standing for up for American Leadership.''

Paul Ryan on Hannity: ''Governor Christie has fought for real Conservative economic reforms'', credits him 'with bringing fiscal sanity to New Jersey'' and says 'he'll whip Washington D.C into shape.''

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies