Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:09:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26564 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 01, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »

Wesley for America: January 4th-10th Schedule

January 4th-10th, 2012

Fly to WV
Rally in Charleston, WV w/ Fmr. Sen. Carte Goodwin:

”...It’s great to be back in Charleston!!! I love this city, this state, everything about it. It taught me the way. I learned a lot while serving in the Senate. One, Washington’s very dysfunctional, but two, it’s also broken and crippled by severe gridlock. We need an independent voice, not someone who’s part of the problem in that White House!!! We need fresh, new, bold leadership. With fresh, new, bold ideas!!! We need someone who’s proved themselves though, and General Clark as sure as hell proved himself worthy. I’m proud to call him my friend, and the next President of the United States!!! West Virginia, Appalachia, let’s put this great man over the top, and into the WHITE HOUSE!!!...”

Fly to MT
Rally in Billings, MT
Dinner with supporters in Billings, MT

Fly to CA
Fundraising in Sacramento, CA
Rally in Sacramento, CA

Rally in Los Angeles, CA:

”...We have to put an end to these problems people... We have to end the nonstop wars, the warrantless government surivellence, the crime in our streets, the unemployment, ugh, how could leaders we elect screw us over so much!? I’ve been consistent, and I’m going to make a promise. We’ll get stuff done in Washington if you elect me. I promise. Thank you!!!...”

Fly to AL
Rally in Montgomery, AL w/ Fmr. Rep. Artur Davis:

”...Believe me folks, I’ve seen the horrors of Washington first hand. Believe me folks, I’ve learned what it’s like in that damn swamp. The Democratic Party has left me, I can’t support these current Republican candidates, I’m left with one option that inspires and will bring about true hope and change. That option is with General Wesley Clark, please Alabama, vote for this man to be your commander in chief!!!...”

Rally in Birmingham, AL w/ Fmr. Rep. Artur Davis
Fly to NH

Rally in Concord, NH:

”...Dang, that’s a lot of ‘04 signs haha!!! Look New Hampshire, I’m not gonna lie to you, but those sellouts will!!! They’re gonna lie and clobber for your votes, hell, they’d kill for them. But they’ll say anything it takes and lie and lie, that’s part of the problem in Washington. If you vote for me on November 6th, I promise we’ll change America for the better! Thank you!!!...”
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #351 on: February 01, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »

Extra DEM Polling:

NATIONAL:

Hillary Clinton: 55%
Joe Biden: 42%
Undecided: 3%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Hillary Clinton: 61%
Joe Biden: 35%
Undecided: 4%

NEVADA:

Hillary Clinton: 55%
Joe Biden: 41%
Undecided: 4%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Hillary Clinton: 50%
Joe Biden: 47%
Undecided: 3%

FLORIDA:

Hillary Clinton: 59%
Joe Biden: 36%
Undecided: 5%

MAINE:

Hillary Clinton: 53%
Joe Biden: 41%
Undecided: 6%

ARIZONA:

Hillary Clinton: 54%
Joe Biden: 40%
Undecided: 6%

MICHIGAN:

Hillary Clinton: 51%
Joe Biden: 44%
Undecided: 5%
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »

Carolla debate answers part 4 and closing
4.- The price of gas is also noted as historically high, particularly as the price of oil continues to rise in the middle of severe instability in the Middle East. What is your plan to lower the price of gas for Americans?

Well we also need to put Amercia First when it comes to oil and gas.  We have been in so many conflicts just because we could control oil supplies and their energy in general.   As President I will fight for energy independence and will cut taxes and regulations on energy and energy manufacturers. 

We dont need to be in Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever to get good oil. We can do just just here in the good  ol USA.   If you work with coal I will find a way to help with you, If you work with oil and gas I will help you.  If you work with solar and wind energy I will help you. We need competition in the energy
marketplace to keep it running.

Closing:Despite what the polls and the pundits say. This race isn’t over, We can still win this thing! They think we are just a joke but we are not we are a movement of individuals who want lesser government and more freedom!

Choosing Chris Christie will give 4 more years of a Democrat in office and polling shows that I am the best candidate to take on Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden in November! Thank you all and good night!!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »

What Carolla did part 1

Carolla got back on the campaign trail with Donald Trump and action star Bruce Willis in rural New Hampshire where in the first two days they campaigned on bringing Amercia First And reforming bad trade deals.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »

Biden-Endorsements/Surrogate schedule

Vice President Biden is honored to receive the endorsements of Carl Levin and John Lewis.

The schedule for Biden surrogates will be as follows:

Beau Biden: Campaign in Michigan and South Carolina

Shelly Berkeley: Campaign in Nevada

Carl Levin: Campaign in Michigan

Jim Clyburn: Campaign in South Carolina

John Lewis: Campaign in South Carolina
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #355 on: February 02, 2018, 07:39:26 AM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Maine, and Michigan

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #9
An Seat for Everyone at the Table, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens on various clips of diverse Americans going about their lives: shopping at the grocery store, sorting through mail, driving to work, taking public transportation. In every shot, there is a child watching the adult as they go through the day -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): It is 2012. Almost 100 years ago, women won the right to vote. Forty years after that, African Americans were freed from the chain of Jim Crow laws to gain the franchise. But still today, women make up just 20% of elected officials in the United States Congress. Representation of people of color is even worse. We've taken steps to improve this disparity over the years, and we've made great progress, but there's still more we have to do.

- Scene cuts to Hillary interacting with young girls and minority children -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): That's why I'm working to make sure that everyone in this country has a seat at the table. That means fighting for fair election laws, stopping partisan gerrymandering, and giving every child the hope that they too could one day become President of the United States of America.

Only then will the words of our founding document ring true: We hold these trueths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule
January 4 to January 10, 2012

Senator Jeanne Shaheen campaigns with Senator Clinton in New Hampshire.

Senator Bill Nelson rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Florida.

Mayor Tom Menino leads fundraising efforts in New England.

Governor Andrew Cuomo leads fundraising efforts in New York.

Senator Mark Warner campaigns with Senator Clinton in South Carolina.

Senator Dianne Feinstein leads fundraising efforts on the West Coast.

Governor John Hickenlooper rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Nevada.

Senator Debbie Stabenow rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Senator Tom Harkin rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Congressman Dave Loebsack rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Governor Brian Schweitzer rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Nevada.

Governor Dannel Malloy appears on various news programs to support the Clinton Campaign.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #356 on: February 02, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »

Carolla campaigns on weed legalization in Concord New Hampshire
January 5th 2012
Obama in 2008 promised that he would push for the legalization of marijuana when he became president.
Well I am still waiting for that to happen!!  But it wouldn’t cause he lied about it!!  The truth of the matter is that I am the only one here running for President that has called for the legalization of weed.

Hillary Clinton wants it banned same with Vice President Biden, Chris Christie wants to go real hard on it and continue the harsh war on drugs and the rest which to my surprise even Ron Paul haven’t push for this!!

I have been the only one so far to say this! And as President in my first days I will fight for a legislative that would legalization weed in all 50 states!  No one needs to go to jail for 25+ years just for smoking a plant!!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #357 on: February 02, 2018, 03:19:09 PM »

Statement from the Biden campaign in response to Carolla on marijuana, from The Kohl, Center, Madison, Wisconsin

Mr Carolla, you are being disingenuous when you suggest I want marijuana banned. Legislation to criminalize possession of drugs such as marijuana is another tool for racists, and is used in a way that only affects minority groups, and I support decriminalizing marijuana.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #358 on: February 02, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »

Debate Answers.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The biggest foreign threat is Osama Bin Laden. The number one priority of my administration's foreign policy will be to kill Osama Bin Laden, and to dismantle the Al-Qaeda network.

I know that the images of 9/11, the carnage, the destruction, the fear, it will be etched into the minds of the American public forever. Even in the 1990's, after the USS Cole Bombing, and the Nairobi Embassy, it was clear that Osama Bin Laden was the number one foreign threat to the United States.

We've taken some steps to push back against Al-Qaeda already, like getting the Taliban out of power in Afghanistan and capturing hundreds of insurgents, and commanders. But we need to do a lot more. We've been lucky that we haven't had a major terrorist attack since 9/11; that's down to the dedication of the National Security service men, and women who keep our country safe.

But we need to be on our guard; we know that Al-Qaeda's methods can change very quickly. We thought we'd pushed them back in 2002, and then they begun flooding weapons and men into Iraq in 2006. We know they're trying to move to radicalize people in America, and we know that they're trying to send people into the US to commit mass terrorist attacks, like with the underwear bomber in 2006.

There's several things I'd do as President to counter this threat; I'd ask congress for a 10 year extension of key provisions of the PATRIOT ACT, I'd reform the TSA, and introduce funding for full body scanners, and I'd work with our international partners to secure the Weapons of Mass Destruction, in unstable countries like Syria and Libya.

But I'd also point out Lumine, that there isn't just one threat to America. We need to keep a laser-like focus on Al-Qaeda, whilst being aware there's a multitude of other threats out there. Iran, a nation that chants death to America, and wants to destroy Israel, are on the quest to getting a nuclear bomb. China are looking to expand across the South-China sea, and we could see dozens of regimes collapse across the Middle East.

Frankly, we live in testing times. I'm the only candidate on this stage who has real experience in counter-terrorism; I've put terrorists behind bars. I know how to keep America safe, and that's what I'll do as President.

The thing that has moved me the most on the campaign trail has been talking to folks who've had to close down businesses, lay off workers and live paycheck to paycheck because of the awful state of our economy. Just here in New Hampshire I met with a gulf-war veteran named Michael, who'd opened an outdoor activity center 10 years ago, he'd been hit hard by the recession, but he told me it was the crushing mandates of Obamacare that forced him to begin laying off his workers. Our businesses are crushed between two ends; a weak, faltering economy and the tax increases in Obamacare.

So I can reassure voters that I'll fix our tax code to help get the economy booming again. I'll cut the tax code down to three, simple codes, I'll reduce the corporate tax rate to 25% to attract the best and brightest businesses and most importantly I'll repeal Obamacare, and get rid of the job-killing, economy choking individual, and employee mandates.

It's not just about taxes though; we also need to tackle our out of control spending. Just take the example of Medicare and Medicaid; we know that at the rate that medicare expenses are climbing, we're going to need to act before, frankly it bankrupts us. That's why I want to give states more flexibility, because frankly Governors, and State Legislatures understand the different needs of their citizens a hundred times more so than folks in congress.

Fixing the economy will require some tough choices. It requires someone who isn't afraid to tell voters the truth. I did this in New Jersey; rather than doing what Hillary Clinton does, and pander to the special interest groups, I stood up, in a state dominated by the public sector unions and told them; you're gonna have to pay more into the pension contribution system, because frankly you've been ripping off the tax-payers for too long. I capped property taxes, and told school boards, and towns, that they had to get their spending under control, rather than constantly trying to squeeze taxpayers for more money.

Since I've become Governor of New Jersey unemployment has gone down, and we've worked to create 60,000 private sector jobs. That's progress, but I know we've got a long way to go. That's what I'll be saying to the American public; we've got a long way to go, but if we have a honest conversation, if we take the tough decisions, and if we remember the negative impact of trying to horde all economic decision making in the bureaucracy of D.C, then I know that we can begin to get back on the road for economic recovery.

Honestly, I think to fight crime most effectively we need to keep things that work; such as the three strikes system, the use of the Death Penalty, and a focus the violent cartels, and drug gangs. But part of fighting crime more effectively is changing some of our methods. One law enforcement issue where we need to change is how we approach non-violent drug offenders; especially with young people.

In New Jersey we’ve used drug court for first time, non-violent offenders. It’s been a success, and I think it’s an approach that can be tried nationally. It’s been a learning curve for me, at first, I was sceptical of supporting it, but believe me, after seeing reports about 16-year-old girls on the floor of the county lockup, suffering from drug addictions I knew we had to change.

But this isn’t to say we need to stop enforcing our drug laws; if anything by taking the focus of non-violent first-time users, we can focus on the cartels of death who are smuggling guns, drugs and people into this country, and who are killing our law enforcement officers. It’s a disgrace that the Obama administration is still dithering over the Fast and Furious scandal, where hundreds of weapons were sent to Mexican drug cartels. So, I think one thing we can certainly do to fight crime for effectively is to get rid of Eric Holder.

On the issue of crime though, we can’t remain static, we’ve got to understand that the threats are changing. That’s why I’d want to focus on cyber-crime, especially by making sure that businesses and individuals have the tools to protect themselves from criminals. Whether it’s terrorism, fraud, or child abuse, a lot of crime these days is taking place through the internet. It’s why we need to understand the need to change our approaches.

So that’s really my overall approach on crime; keep building on areas where we’ve made progress, on areas such as the three strikes system, but acknowledge that we need to make changes on issues like cyber-crime, and non-violent drug offences.

Millions of Americans, and millions of businesses are feeling the squeeze from high gas prices, and frankly it’s time for some action. The first thing that needs to happen is that Washington D.C needs to get the hell out the way; this means getting rid of the excessive regulations that limit offshore drilling, and which are killing the coal industry.

I’d also make sure to support domestic energy sources that can lower gas prices. I support the Renewable fuel subsidy that helps farmers, I’d approve the keystone pipeline and I’d make sure that we have long-term investment into research, and development of new energy sources.

I really think the issue of gas prices, and energy security shows the differences between the republican party, and the Democrats. I support market lead solutions, which gets government out of the way, whilst Hillary Clinton and the Democrats will do everything possible to pander to their base.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #359 on: February 02, 2018, 04:14:57 PM »

Rebuttal
Choosing Chris Christie will give 4 more years of a Democrat in office and polling shows that I am the best candidate to take on Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden in November! Thank you all and good night!!

I'm sorry but this is complete fiction. What planet are you on? The idea that I'm some sort of secret Democrat is completely stupid. But let's look at the facts,

I support repealing, and replacing Obamacare with a market lead approach. The Democrats don't. I support cutting corporation tax to 25%, and making the tax rates for individuals much lower and fairer. The Democrats don't. I support increasing the funding to our military, and taking action to stop Iran getting nuclear weapons. The Democrats.

This myth that you're trying to push is stupid. And frankly it's an insult to all the republicans who voted for me in the Iowa Caucus, and the dozens of great republicans who've endorsed me for President. When you run for President it matters what you say, and let's look what you've said Mr Carolla.

You said you wanted to 'ban semi-automatic rifles'. That's a position to the left of the Democrats. You've attacked people who believe in god as 'lacking in courage' and you've said you 'want to give the morning after pill to every kid in school'. These positions are about 100 miles to the left of Nancy Pelosi. So I'm not ready to take any lectures yet.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #360 on: February 02, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »

Carolla’s debate rebutal to Chris Christie

1.I Never said I would ban semi auto rifles. Either than or I apologized and explained what I meant! Howeber yet you did. And have through your time as New Jersey Govenor should you pushed for restrictions of semi automatic rifles and guns in general.

2.Well your tax plan still isn’t close to what mine is. In yours there still will be taxes and fees especially hidden ones  and it wouldn’t rewrite the tax code.

3.And yes whille I think we should keep our eyes on Iran and if they develop nuclear weapons we should do something about it however I don’t want another Iraq War Style lie to get us into another war and also I don’t have a foreign policy that starts World War III.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #361 on: February 02, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

January 4th: The day after his win in the Iowa caucuses, Chris Christie flew to New Hampshire to hold a series of round-table discussions with independents, business owners and precinct captains who had supported Governor Mitt Romney. Christie said he was 'still so overwhelmed by the support from the great folks of Iowa' and said that the message he took was 'that Americans just want someone who can get on with the job.'' Christie ended the day with a meet, and greet in a Bar and Grill before holding a fundraiser with Senator Kelly Ayotte.

January 5th:
Governor Christie was honored to accept the endorsement of 2008 nominee, and Republican Senator John McCain. Senator McCain said 'it's time for republicans to get off the sidelines, and get behind Chris' citing his 'vast law enforcement experience' and his 'ability to bring people together', Senator McCain joined Christie in a series of Veteran Town Halls, and a Tele-Town Hall before flying to South Carolina with Governor Christie.

January 6th: Giving a keynote speech on National Security in South Carolina Governor Christie made clear that he was the only candidate 'who has any real experience in protecting the United States', and said it was vital that the 'republicans nominate someone who knows how to keep the country safe'. Later in the evening Governor Christie appeared at a campaign rally with Nikki Haley in Greenvile, who said that 'Chris Christie is the only candidate who can fight for everyone in South Carolina. We need someone who can bring our party together, we need someone who can bring America together, we need Governor Christie.''.

January 7th:
Governor Christie returned to New Hampshire to meet with business leaders, and others who'd been negatively impacted by the tax hikes from Obamacare. At lunchtime he gave a speech outlining his dedication to the state's motto of 'live Free or Die', and argued that 'whether it was in stopping terrorists trying to kill soldiers in Fort Dix, politicians trying to grow fat from public kickbacks, or the Unions trying to fleece taxpayers, I've stood up for the values of freedom.'' Later in the afternoon, Christie held a Town Hall in Concord with Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley, and again touted his tax plan saying that 'folks in New Hampshire, whether they're republicans, independents or Democrats, don't want the Government constantly milking them, everytime it wants to fund a new program.''

January 8th: Governor Christie held a campaign rally in Manchester New Hampshire with Senator Kelly Ayotte, John McCain and Jeb Bradley. Telling the crowd 'that every vote will make a difference' and that 'we need to send a message about what sort of party we are. Are we a party that believes in keeping America safe? Are we a party that wants to keep taxes low? Are we a party that stands up against the old, corrupted special interests? If the answer is yes, you've got to get out and vote for me on the 10th!.''

January 9th:
In the early morning Governor Christie meet with fisherman in Manchester, before heading to Dover to outline his plans for promoting free trade with the 'powerhouse, entrepreneurial' countries like South Korea, and slammed the Obama administration for 'once again dithering on the world stage'. Later Christie headed to a tourist visitor centre to hold a round-table on tourism, and touted his tourism friendly plan to help young people get into work by eliminating payroll tax for those under 22. In the Afternoon Governor Christie held another town hall with Senator McCain, in which Senator McCain admitted 'even I didn't have this much fun in New Hampshire' after watching Governor Christie spar with various audience members. In the evening Christie spend time in Manchester meeting with campaign workers, and preparing for the final day of GOTV.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #362 on: February 02, 2018, 05:43:17 PM »

Carolla responds to Joe Biden

Mr Vice President you said in 2010 that Marijuana is a gateway drug and that legalization would be a mistake and you crafted a major anti weed law bad in the late 80s and early 90s.

So don’t try to flip flop on me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »

Joe Biden press release in response to Carolla

Clearly, I've had the courage to admit I am wrong, something my rivals in both parties are not doing. Mr. Carolla, pay attention to your own primary, before you attack us Democrats.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #364 on: February 02, 2018, 06:04:06 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Highlights

'Let's get America back to Work'' Christie delivers Iowa victory speech.

Senator John McCain endorses Chris Christie for President

Ayotte: I've served as your Attorney General, I know Chris Christie will keep Americans safe.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »

Campaign Schedule
Jan. 4 - Jan. 10
Schedule
January 4: Iowa & New Hampshire
January 5: New Hampshire
January 6-8: South Carolina
January 9: Florida
January 10: New Hampshire

January 4: Ernie holds a press conference in Iowa and gives a pep talk at his Iowa campaign HQ. He then flies to Manchester, New Hampshire where he does a Town Hall in the SNHU Arena.

January 5: Ernie begins Jan 5th by meeting with leaders of the American Conservative Union about pro- conservative policy. After, he meets with Manchester voters in the Local Moose Cafe. Ernie then does a series of Town Halls in Southern New Hampshire University, Hellenic American University, and Manchester Community College, and ends the day with a Meet & Greet in West Manchester Branch Library.

January 6: Ernie flies out to Charleston, South Carolina in the morning. He is endorsed by The Post & Courier, South Carolina's biggest daily newspaper, in a new article. Ernie holds a Meet & Greet in John L. Dart Library, and then holds a rally in North Charleston Coliseum and a Town Hall in Webster University. He ends the day by holding dinner with local business leaders, discussing local problems with business and pro- local business policy.

January 7: Ernie begins a "barnstorm" tour in Hampton County, Barnwell County, Allendale County, and Aiken County. After that, he does Town Halls in the University of South Carolina Aiken and the University of South Carolina Salkehatchie, as well as doing a rally in Bon Secours Wellness Arena after driving to Greenville, where he is joined by Former Governor Sonny Perdue.

Later, he meets with members of The Post & Courier Editorial Board to do a open, free- ranging discussion. The interview double downed on his belief how important it is we restore unity in our divided nation and how campaigns don't have to be about rhetoric and division. He also re-iterates his opposition to the individual mandate which hurts people who don't want healthcare insurance or still can't afford it after subsidies.

January 8: Ernie spends the morning with a brief, on-the-phone interview with MSNBC, then drives to Clemson, South Carolina and does a joint fundraiser with Senator Jim DeMint in Littlejohn Coliseum. Later, he meets with leaders of the American Family Association to talk about pro- family policy. Afterwards, Ernie holds rallies in T. Ed Garrison Arena and Clemson University, and then does a Meet & Greet in Gunnin Architecture Library. Before he leaves for Florida, he gives a pep talk to his campaign staff and volunteers, talking about how important South Carolina will be for the campaign. Overnight, Ernie flies to Florida.

January 9: After 3 days in South Carolina, Ernie lands in Crestview, Florida. He holds a town hall in Troy University in Crestview, and then begins a "Barnstorm" tour in Walton County, Holmes County, Washington County, Jackson County, Okaloosa County, and Santa Rosa County. After, Ernie flies out to Miami, Florida to hold a rally at American Airlines Arena where he is joined by Senator Marco Rubio. Ernie flies to New Hampshire overnight.

January 10: After Ernie lands in Manchester, New Hampshire, he meets with volunteers and campaign staff and emphasizes the importance of outperforming in New Hampshire. Ernie does a brief interview with ABC News as voting begins, and afterwards, meets voters in Diners and Restaurants, meets with voters on the phone, and meets voters campaigning door to door the entire day getting out the vote.

New Hampshire ( January 4-5, January 10 )
Key Issues: Religious Freedom, Economic Recovery, Education Reform, Job Growth

South Carolina ( January 6 - January 8 )
Key Issues: Religious Freedom, Family Values, Balanced Budget, Immigration Reform

Florida ( January 9 )
Key Issues: Economic Freedom, Religious Freedom, Economic Recovery

Campaign Staff Operations
  • Reach Out to Evangelicals, emphasizing his career as a Preacher
  • Reaching out to former Jindal supporters, emphasizing Fletcher's record of bringing change
  • Knocking door to door in early caucus & primary states
  • Promoting rallies to get them televised
  • Promoting the Post & Courier's endorsement on Radio Ads
  • Spreading the campaign message of unity and strong change with a plan

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Highlights Part 2

McCain. ''We need a President that leads from the Front''

Mary Pat hits the Trail, says 'Chris will be a champion for all Americans''

Christie in South Carolina 'I'm going to fight for Every Vote.''

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #367 on: February 03, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »

Carolla campaigns in Manchester New Hampshire on being a different kind of Republican

Now it’s funny to see Chris Christie campaign acting like he is a renegade against the Machine when it reality he is apart of that’s machine! He’s got all the establishment faces and money behind him and he is not what the Republican Party needs to win this year!!   

We need a different kind of Republican someone who can take on the Democratic establishment!! Someone who will not bound down to the knees of Pelosi and Reed!!  Someone who is going to bring actual change to this party!!!  We need someone who can just talk the talk but actually walk the walk do what he says!! 

We don’t need our version of Obama and we don’t need to believe in blind hope!!

And I am that person! If you vote for Adam Carolla you are voting for a different kind of Republican! Thank you!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2018, 05:03:04 PM »

Campaign Advert 1: Safe.(Air in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada and Missouri)

The number one job of the President is to keep Americans safe.

And in this increasingly dangerous world, we need a President who will keep us safe.

Representative Walter Jones voted no on keeping the PATRIOT ACTs roving wiretap

This was the very device that allowed the FBI to stop the Fort Dix Terror Attack.

Representative Walter Jones voted to pull US Troops out of Afghanistan. The very country were Osama Bin Laden went into hiding, and where radical Islamic terrorists continue to hide.

Americans need a President who can keep them safe.

Chris Christie is the only candidate running who has direct experience in counter-terrorism. He was the first US Attorney appointed after 9/11, he has put radical Islamic terrorists behind bars, and he's the only candidate with a plan to keep America safe.

Vote for someone who can keep America Safe. Vote for Chris Christie.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2018, 05:10:26 PM »

"A Leader"
Ernie Fletcher's 4th Television Ad (replayed)
Aired in South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Florida

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher from the 2nd Presidential Debate

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2018, 05:28:20 PM »

Campaign Advert 2: Stop (Airing in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Missouri, Maine, Colorado and Michigan.

Are you fed up with Obamacare?

Are you fed up with the job-killing taxes?

The rising price of premiums?

The constant lies from our politicians? (plays clip of Obama)

I bet you think it couldn't get any worse.... but it can!

Now Joe Biden wants to impose a single payer healthcare system on us!

Don't let the Democrats continue to pump up the price of you're healthcare, and don't let them continue their big government take over.

Only Chris Christie can defeat the Democrats next November, repeal Obamacare, and replace it with a market friendly plan that will lower costs, increase coverage and put control back in your hands.

Together we can stop this madness, and stop Obamacare.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2018, 05:54:28 PM »

Live Free or Die (Air in New Hampshire)

Live Free or Die. It's a simple motto to live your life by.

It's echoed throughout New Hampshire ever since the first courageous settlers arrived.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a President who understood these values...

Chris Christie will fight for your freedoms

He'll cut income tax, get rid of the Estate tax and get rid of Obamacare's taxes to get the Government off you're back.

He'll gut the harmful regulations that are killing our economy.

And the stupid rules that are stopping America from being truly energy independent.

He's been endorsed by the New Hampshire Union Leader, and described as 'committed to the values of liberty and freedom which we in the Granite State hold so dear.'

He's supported by Senator John McCain, a war-hero who spend years in enemy captivity without giving up information.

And he'll appoint Judges who'll protect the 2nd Amendment, and keep the Government off our backs.

Governor Christie understands the value of Liberty. And he understands New Hampshire.

Vote for Chris Christie on the 10th January.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »

Advert 4: Citizens. (Airs in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Missouri, Colorado, Maine and Michigan)

(Footage of Mary Pat Christie talking at a town hall)

When Americans have faced their darkest hour in the past, they haven't looked to the same old politicians from Washington to fix it. They've looked to heroic individuals to lead us; a General lead our nation out of the ashes, a lanky lawyer brought our nation together when it was more divided than ever, the man who defeated the Nazis helped protect America from the dangers of communism, and a charismatic actor from California inspired a generation with his hopeful vision of conservative reform.

My husband stepped forward after so many of you came to us, and told him to run. He's not running because of some long hold ambition, or some burning desire for fame and fortune. He's running because he knows that he's the best for the job. I've seen him get up every morning in New Jersey to fight for ordinary Americans. Let him do from the White House. Join our fight to save America's future.

If you agree with Mary Pat, please join our fight. I'm Chris Christie and I endorse this message.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2018, 07:30:46 PM »

"Selfless"
Ernie Fletcher's 7th Television Ad (replayed)

Aired in Missouri, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Minnesota, Colorado, and Maine

Narrated by Former Lt. Gen. Terry Gabreski

"I served for our country on the frontlines, in the air force. I'm very proud of my service, being one of the first women to become a Lieutenant General."

"In the Air Force, we didn't work for medals. We got the job done."

"They did it because they cared more about duty than glory. They didn't hesitate. They acted selflessly."

"One of those soldiers is Ernie Fletcher, he was stationed in Alaska serving as a F-4E Aircraft Commander."

"He was awarded the Outstanding Unit Award because Ernie acted selflessly. Putting his country's interests above his own."

"If there was anyone I would want to lead the country, it would be Ernie because he's got the guts to lead this nation. He represents selflessness."

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2018, 07:50:40 PM »

Walter Jones Debate Responses

We see adversaries out there like Iran, North Korea, or even rogue terrorist networks like al-Qaeda, but let's look at who is really the biggest challenge to the United States over the next century: China.

It's China that have built themselves up from rubble to become one of the world's superpowers, but they won't be playing nice with anybody now that they have all this power. Look at their record so far. They don't want to just dominate Asia, but they want to dominate all of global politics through their military and economic might. Many of their values are hostile to our own. They are a communist state who have brutalized their own people, like in Tienanmen Square. They continue to prop up North Korea as a satellite state even when the whole world agrees that they are an unstable force who must be controlled.

They have also hurt the U.S. along the way. They steal our intellectual property on a regular basis. They engage in cyber warfare. Also, ever since China joined the WTO, our manufacturing base has been decimated. All of those good-paying jobs were shipped away, and communities were left for broke with no help from the government. We may have cheaper goods now, but at what cost? These are real Americans we're talking about here, many of whom have stayed in one company their whole working lives. Now where do they go after what China has done to our economy? We used to be the manufacturing center of the world, and now China has been a direct threat to our own economy and to Americans' livelihoods.

You won't hear this kind of talk from other candidates. People like Governor Christie turn a blind eye to the costs of unfettered free trade. We must have a president who fights for free trade--an economic policy that puts America first. That means holding China accountable for a change. They are a threat to both our economic and national security.

Well, I'm one of the few candidates who have owned a business before getting into politics. I used to work in the family business back in rural North Carolina, and that kind of experience really shows you what the value of hard work and an earned dollar is. I know the struggles of small business owners. They need help that they haven't gotten from the Obama administration. They need lower taxes and a better regulatory environment so they can actually survive and grow.

Not only that, but I've been talking about issues that not every Republican here has talked about: the plight of the average worker. I'm talking about the people who don't own businesses but work for one, and who lives paycheck to paycheck. These people need help too. Many American workers have lost their jobs to outsourcing, and what has Washington done to help them? Virtually nothing. That would change under a Jones presidency. I would work to create better trade deals: ones that keep the sovereignty of the U.S. intact and extract better labor and environmental protections while keeping American jobs here.

Think about the issues affecting you and your family, folks. What has worked and what hasn't worked over the past two decades? Governor Christie would do nothing to stop the bloodshed of American labor to countries like China and India. His donors would do anything to cut costs for themselves at the expense of all of you watching at home. We can create a manufacturing renaissance in this country for the 21st century if we get smart on trade. That would create a boom of jobs and economic growth that would keep the U.S. in the driver's seat globally for many decades to come.

Under a President Jones, police departments across the country would get the support they desperately need again. Obama has failed our men and women in uniform by equivocating and not being firm on crime. We can't risk a spike in crime nationwide again through these passive policies.

That means spending more money in our federal budget to assist law enforcement. We have to work more closely with state and local officials to make sure we're all on the same page and that no one gets left behind. We must stay firm on measures to deter crime.

Here's where I differ from some other candidates on this stage. I'm in agreement with people like Congressman Paul and I would seek to be more lenient on medical marijuana. Many people who suffer from seizures and other terrible conditions are genuinely helped by the drug, and they're committing no crimes otherwise. We've got to show compassion to people and realize where our real priorities lie.

One thing that hasn't been talked about is the problem of illegal immigration. A good number of these illegals end up committing other crimes like theft, reckless driving, or even murder. We must truly enforce the laws on our books, secure our border, and deliver justice. Many illegal alien gangs have been able to roam the streets of this country without fear of punishment for far too long. That won't be tolerated any longer.

This is yet another reason why we shouldn't mess with the Middle East. *laughs*

It's clear that the current policy isn't working for us. What we've got to do is create a truly American energy policy, where we don't have to rely on rogue Middle Eastern states to supply our oil. That means using our natural resources here within reason. If we're able to become self-sufficient in energy, then our country can create its own future much better.

I support the Renewable Fuel Standard. I also support what my friend Governor Palin has deemed "drill, baby, drill." We've got these vast resources right in front of us, and it could boost our economy and create many well-paying jobs for folks. Of course we should be concerned about the environment, but the Obama administration has taken it way too far and strangled many businesses. We also need to really invest in alternative energy sources. That means wind, solar, hydrogen, and nuclear all have to be part of the solution here. A President Jones would be committed to putting this great country on the right track again for a truly independent energy supply.

Closing statement:

Since this campaign has exploded, many in the media have anointed me as "the Tea Party candidate." That may be true. But, what I'm really running as is the candidate for all of America. I'm running to put this great country back on track after the same old politicians have left it to ruins. Because of the policies pushed by the establishment, we're trillions of dollars in debt, stuck in multiple Middle Eastern wars, and Americans have been left to pick up the pieces after the greatest recession in 80 years. How can we stomach this any longer?

Now the attacks on me have intensified. I welcome the fight. It will show the American people who has a record worth defending. It clearly isn't the establishment, who have burned over Americans time and time again. This campaign is based on ideas, but also based on regular people. What I'm here to tell all of you at home tonight is: I'm not quitting. I'm fighting this campaign for you.

We came in a close third in Iowa when nobody would have predicted this result months ago. This campaign is gonna keep rolling ahead like a steam-train thanks to the support of all of you. Let's go out there and shock the establishment to the core. Thank you all.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies