Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:55:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26554 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2018, 08:31:54 PM »

Turn closed. Please refrain from posting, updates will come through the night.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 10:05:02 PM by Evans »

Fletcher shows up on the Jay Leno Show

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ernie Fletcher ends the Year

Fletcher's campaign uploads "How to Caucus" video

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »

Iowa Caucus, Part One:

"And here we are at CNN, covering the final hours of campaiging before the results of the important Iowa Caucus start coming in. Most candidates are relying on either a victory or a very strong result to allow their campaigns to show their viability, and the fight for the state has been rather heated, more so in the Republican field than the Democratic one. Frontrunners Chris Christie and Hillary Clinton are noted for their strong, organized campaigns, although for both Iowa represents a danger as compared to New Hampshire, were both enjoy strong polling leads. The final exit poll is about to come in a few moments, so in the meantime let's see what some Iowa voters had to say today:"

Footage of several Iowa residents across the state:

Voter 1: Well I've been for Senator Feingold since the first day. I believed Obama back in 2008 and came up disappointment, and I think Russ is the sort of politician who understands what must be done. I wish he'd been more open about his proposals though, many of my friends have moved back to undecided after not seeing him much on the state...

Voter 2: I'm voting for Clinton and I'll even canvass for her today, come what may. She was unfairly treated just for being a female candidate back in 08', and she would have been much better than Obama. I like the president, but I wish he was as good as governing as he is at talking.

Voter 3: As an African American I can't tell you how proud I was of President Obama. Things have been tough for him, and he more than deserved a second term. It wasn't right for Hillary to put her ambition first and treat Obama so unfairly, so I'm voting Biden today.

Voter 4: I was interested in what that governor from Tennessee had to say. He seemed honest and direct, until he started with those stupid conspiracy theories Republicans are always on about. I sure don't like Hillary and Biden seems way too old and hopeless, so I've decided none of them gets my vote. I liked what General Clark had to say, so I might vote for him in November.

Voter 5: One of the things I hate about living in Iowa is that I have to hear all that babble from politicians every four years for months, and it drives me crazy. At least Christie cuts through the c-, sorry, speaks his mind, so he has my support. It's such a weak field I won't believe it if Christie doesn't win.

Voter 6: As an Evangelical voter I take values very seriously. I like seeing so many pro-life candidates, but that's not always enough. I need to know the guy I'm voting for is a man of true faith. It took a lot of time, but I think I've found my man in Governor Fletcher. Hadn't heard of him before, but he sure seems like a man of faith. Many from my family and friends are voting for him today as well.

Voter 7: I liked Mitt Romney, or at least what he had to say as candidate. With him gone, I think it was obvious to support Christie, he seems like a candidate who can actually win and not sound crazy. Plus the Governor likes him, and I think Terry Branstad knows how to pick a candidate.

Voter 8: Dr. Paul is the only choice! America needs something different, it needs a man who knows you absolutely cannot trust government to do the right thing. I voted for him back in 08', and I'm happy to see so many new people supporting Dr. Paul. I think we can win today!

Voter 9: I didn't know Walter Jones at first, I suppose he was just another of those Congressmen to me. But you know, he's grown on me. He seems really serious about representing the views of the Tea Party, and I was starting to get worried I wouldn't have a candidate to represent me when Palin quit the race. He better win tonight, I'm sick of voting for moderates.

Voter 10: Didn't knew who to vote for until I saw the Donald speak, and it was just so obvious how all the candidates were more of the same. I don't quite get what Carolla's deal is, but at least he hasn't been in Washington forever. I'll vote for him, if only to send a message to those politicians that they should start caring a bit more about what happens to America.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2018, 12:11:25 AM »

Iowa Caucus, Part Two:

"The exit poll is just about ready, so what do we think about the campaign so far? Let's start by looking at the Democrats."

Pundit 1: Come on, we all know this is Hillary's race to lose. With Obama gone she can't lose this primary, and much less if her rivals are Vice-President Biden or Senator Feingold.

Pundit 2: You say that, but polls do show Clinton much weaker in Iowa than nationwide...

Pundit 1: So what? Her rivals blew it. Biden can't stop putting his foot on his mouth and going all "Phil Bredesen" on the campaign trail and Feingold is basically not a factor anymore.

Pundit 3: I disagree, and I think you're underestimating the resistance Clinton still creates. Lest we forget, she unseated a sitting President, and there's many Obama supporters angry out there. A poll released today even showed Joe Biden had rising support among many African Americans.

Pundit 2: Probably an outlier though, it's hard to see those voters resisting Clinton so much. After all, they would have voted for her in 08' if a candidate of the caliber of Obama wasn't there.

Pundit 1: You miss the point, the thing is that just being anti Clinton can't win you the nomination. It can make things problematic for Hillary, but you need a vision to win. Feingold's got one, but he can't win the primary, much less a General Election.

Pundit 3: Biden's got a vision too. At least we should agree that defending Obama's legacy is a credible message.

Pundit 1: Yeah, but where's that? He'd rather talk NATO or conspiracy theories, or something like that. America doesn't quite care about that.

"Let's talk predictions. Who wins Iowa and by what margin?"

Pundit 1: Not her best state, but her campaign was strong. I say Clinton beats Biden by six or seven points.

Pundit 2: Not entirely sure, but I would bet Clinton over Biden, but no more than two, three points of difference.

Pundit 3: I'm going to take a risk here, I say Biden wins by one. All those Feingold voters may defect to another candidate just to stop Clinton.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2018, 12:24:36 AM »

Iowa Caucus, Part Three:

"And the Republicans?"

Pundit 2: That's a tough one. I see Christie winning the primary, but there's no telling whether the GOP electorate will not fall in love with another challenge.

Pundit 1: Sure, it's possible, but who? It's a weak field right now, losing so many candidates over the past weeks has drained them of actual talent.

Pundit 3: You say that, but there are many accomplished candidates in that field. I can disagree on some issues with Jones, or Paul, or Fletcher, but they have records, experience and shouldn't be counted out.

Pundit 2: Walter Jones seems to be attracting a lot of attention right now. Still, there is a question of whether it may be too late for him to win Iowa.

Pundit 1: True, Evangelicans have been more and more prominent as potential Fletcher supporters. I suppose he could pull off an upset there. Same goes with Jones with the Tea Party, or Paul with his libertarian crowd.

Pundit 3: How about Carolla?

Pundit 2: *Laughs* Let's be serious now, he isn't a real candidate for President.

Pundit 3: He very much is. Laugh if you want, but many Republicans like outsiders and he polls strongly in some places.

Pundit 1: Be as it may, he's not winning Iowa. Maybe a state or two along the line, but I'd wager on him remaining fifth.

Pundit 2: And the less said of poor Fred Upton the better.

Pundit 1: Agreed.

"Predictions then. Which Republican wins this caucus?"

Pundit 1: Christie by a nose. He then gets a landslide in New Hampshire.

Pundit 2: Christie surprises and breaks 30%. His campaign was very impressive these past days.

Pundit 3: Upset win by a challenger I say, but a very narrow victory. If I had to guess, Fletcher scores the upset thanks to Evangelical voters.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2018, 12:32:39 AM »

Iowa Caucus, Part Four:

"I have to interrupt you there, we have our very own exit poll and a projection of how we think results will be. Remember that this is just an exit poll with a margin of error of 3%, and given the sheer closeness of several candidates the final results may vary somewhat from this poll. On the Democratic side, the exit poll predicts...

IOWA:

Hillary Clinton: 42%
Joe Biden: 37%
Russ Feingold: 21%

"That Senator Clinton would defeat Vice-President Biden by five points, 42 to 37 percent. On the Republican side, the exit poll predicts:

IOWA:

Chris Christie: 24%
Ernie Fletcher: 23%
Walter Jones: 21%
Ron Paul: 19%
Adam Carolla: 12%
Fred Upton: 1%

"Well, that's a close result. It would predict a narrow Christie win over Fletcher with Jones in a strong third place, but the margin of error is large enough to allow for the possibility of even Ron Paul coming out on top.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2018, 08:10:03 PM »

Iowa Caucus, Part Five:

"It's been a long night, and we can finally deliver our final results. When it comes to the Democratic side and after a tighter result than our exit poll predicted, Senator Hillary Clinton will defeat Vice-President Joe Biden:

Democratic Iowa Caucus:

Hillary Clinton: 40.83% (25)
Joe Biden: 38.61% (21)
Russ Feingold: 20.56% (10)

Democratic Primary:

Delegates:

Hillary Clinton: 25
Joe Biden: 21
Russ Feingold: 10

Superdelegates:

Hillary Clinton: 7
Joe Biden: 4
Russ Feingold: 1

"And in the Republican side of the night, it's Governor Chris Christie who pulls ahead, followed by Ernie Fletcher in second and Walter Jones in a strong third place:

Republican Iowa Caucus:

Chris Christie: 28.15% (19)
Ernie Fletcher: 22.97% (5)
Walter Jones: 20.47% (2)
Ron Paul: 18.56% (2)
Adam Carolla: 9.27%
Fred Upton: 0.58%

Republican Primary:

Delegates:

Chris Christie: 19
Ernie Fletcher: 5
Walter Jones: 2
Ron Paul: 2
Adam Carolla: 0
Fred Upton: 0
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »

CAMPAIGN STATEMENT FROM THE CAROLLA FAMILY
We congratulate the winners however we felt like we were disappointed with tonight’s results.
However Carolla will fight on to the very end and he thanks the people who voted and supported him tonight.
See you in New Hampshire!!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #333 on: January 30, 2018, 09:02:52 PM »

Turn Six: We're off on the road to New Hampshire:
January 4th to January 10th, 2012

In the News!

Frontrunners survive Iowa
Both Clinton and Christie face commanding leads in New Hampshire

Do challengers have what it takes?
Biden, Jones and Fletcher show promise, but can they find a springboard?

Chief of Staff stands down
William Daley leaves the White House, replaced by Jack Lew

1.- Turn: This weekly turn covers the New Hampshire Primary, also subject to increasing momentum swings. There will be a debate for each party held in NH, which will have an impact on the results. Good luck!

GE Polling

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 46%
Generic Democrat: 43%
Wesley Clark: 7%
Undecided: 4%

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Chris Christie: 32%
Walter Jones: 21%
Ernie Fletcher: 20%
Ron Paul: 14%
Adam Carolla: 10%
Fred Upton: 1%
Undecided: 2%

Republicans: Christie on the lead

Even though Chris Christie faced increasing fire from other candidates, an extremely effective campaign sealed the deal for the Governor, allowing him a five-point win that cements him as the frontrunner. With New Hampshire approaching and a Christie victory in sight the Governor is close to becoming the anointed establishment candidate, but with some signs of trouble on account for Ernie Fletcher and Walter Jones's rise among evangelical and Tea Party voters. With Fred Upton stuck on the downside and Ron Paul and Adam Carolla still strong on more libertarian states, many wonder on how decisive the remaining January primaries will be. If Christe sweeps them he may ride all the way to the nomination, but his challengers may have far different plans...

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 54%
Joe Biden: 30%
Russ Feingold: 14%
Undecided: 3%

Democrats: Can Clinton seal the deal?

Continuing a well-organized, efficient campaign which has proved miles more successful than her 2008 campaign Senator Clinton has survived Iowa, if narrowly. A challenge from Vice-President Biden and several frustrated Obama supporters came close, but Clinton's effective messaging and organizational support pushed her along the line. As a result, Senator Clinton is anointed in the media as the clear frontrunner heading for what could be a landslide in New Hampshire, and much like Christie could realistically vanquish Biden is she sweeps the January primaries.

On the other hand, Senator Russ Feingold's coalition of progressives remains strong despite a third-place in Iowa, and Biden supporters boast of the Vice-President's strong result despite a late campaign. Indeed, Biden has managed to break 30% in the national average, but his percieved lack of a message and the apparent focus on Clinton controversies appears to have done far more harm than good. While those who know the Vice-President are certain he has what it takes for a full-blown comeback, it remain to be seen what will happen.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #334 on: January 30, 2018, 09:07:05 PM »

GOP Average Polling:

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Chris Christie: 38%
Ron Paul: 21%
Adam Carolla: 17%
Walter Jones: 10%
Fred Upton: 6%
Ernie Fletcher: 6%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Ernie Fletcher: 31%
Walter Jones: 31%
Chris Christie: 18%
Ron Paul: 9%
Adam Carolla: 7%
Fred Upton: 0%
Undecided: 4%

FLORIDA:

Chris Christie: 35%
Walter Jones: 16%
Adam Carolla: 15%
Ernie Fletcher: 14%
Ron Paul: 12%
Undecided: 7%

NEVADA:

Ron Paul: 29%
Chris Christie: 18%
Adam Carolla: 18%
Walter Jones: 17%
Ernie Fletcher: 11%
Undecided: 7%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »

DEM Average Polling:

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Hillary Clinton: 60%
Joe Biden: 23%
Russ Feingold: 15%

NEVADA:

Hillary Clinton: 56%
Joe Biden: 35%
Russ Feingold: 6%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Hillary Clinton: 49%
Joe Biden: 43%
Russ Feingold: 5%

FLORIDA:

Hillary Clinton: 58%
Joe Biden: 33%
Russ Feingold: 6%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »

Endorsements from Turn Four:

Christie: Terry Branstad
Fletcher: Jim DeMint, Newt Gingrich.
Corella: 50 Cent.
Paul: Andrew Napolitano, Raul Labrador.
Jones: Steve King, Michelle Bachmann.
Upton: Charles Bass.

Clinton: Tom Harkin, Dave Loebsack.
Biden: Shelly Berkeley, Jim Clyburn.

Clark: Leon Panetta.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2018, 09:27:30 PM »

5th Democratic Presidential Debate:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2018, 09:37:30 PM »

5th Republican Presidential Debate:

Note: Rather than candidate specific questions, this debate will innovate a bit with four general questions. That will allow a more straight comparison and would make debate and criticism easier, hopefully.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2018, 11:53:04 PM »

Biden Victory/Concession Statement

Obviously it takes a tremendous amount of courage to enter the race in December and fight the heavy favorite to an essential draw in delegates. However, we did not win, and we are disappointed in that. We will continue on through New Hampshire and Nevada to at least South Carolina, and hopefully win the nomination, and continue President Obama's work.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2018, 12:17:36 AM »

Biden debate answers (minus responses to Clinton/Feingold)

1. I'm somewhere in the middle. Unemployment is coming down thanks to the work the Obama Administration is doing, but there is more we can be doing. We need a new New Deal, with programs similar to the WPA, NIRA, CCC, and beefing up the NLRB.

2. I am definitely in favor of same-sex marriage. It is despicable that we deny two people who are madly in love the right to get married, just because they are the same gender.

3. I appreciate the concern about how I run my campaign, but what people miss is that Senator Clinton has some very real vulnerabilities. She's got a habit of lying to get places. Remember in 2008, during the run-up to the Pennsylvania Primary when Senator Clinton lied about ducking sniper fire in Bosnia, when she was actually greeted by smiling children? Or, again in 2008, when Mark Penn, then Clinton's chief strategist was caught promoting a free trade deal that Clinton opposed, and instead of firing him, she demoted him, proving she valued winning over message? Is this the person we intend to nominate? I know I'm not perfect either, but I'm a far better candidate than Senator Clinton is.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »

Carolla’s debate answers
Part 1

1.Well first off my foreign policy wouldn’t end up getting us into World War III like others I have seen *He and some of the crowd laughs*

Let’s see in the Middle East I think we need to get out of Afghanistan and completely out of Iraq however I do believe that we still need to deal with Al Queda. Bin Laden and his cronies are still out there and we should have gotten them by now. Just shows you how walk the leadership there is in the country.  We have.  However we do have a country that is a big threat to us and our country and that is Palestine.

They are savage terrorists who indoctrinate, kill and threat the way of living to one of biggest allies Israel. 

As President me and my UN ambassador will never recognize them as a state or anything that remotely shows them as a ally of ours.

North Korea is also a threat.  I feel like there new leader that just came in Kim Jung Un will be more evil than his father will ever be.  They threaten the way of life to our biggest ally in the Pacific in the Japanese.
And the South Koreans.  They threat their citizens like absolutely total slaves and propaganda is just pure  Orwellian. And they the scariest of all those things have the nuclear capability to hit Japan and most of the Asian part of the Pacfic and Hawaii.  As President I will protect not just the Amercian people but the people of one of our biggest allies in world from total nuclear carnage.

However with that said I will be selling to work peacefully side by side with rivials like Russia and China and be able to improve our relations with them and show that the Cold War is over. The days of Reds under the Bed are over and that it’s the 21th century and that it’s time to get in with the times.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #342 on: January 31, 2018, 04:56:15 PM »

Speech from Russ Feingold in Delaware

Ladies and gentlemen,  thank you all for coming.

Well, here we are, at the end of all things. We hoped that Iowa would give us the boost we needed, but it didn't. To all those who have supported me, you have my utmost thanks. I would not have been able to go on this incredible journey without you and that backing you have gicen me.

There is one person in the race still who will push for our priorities. One person who will listen to our concerns and cour cees and act upon them. One person who will see that Glass Steagall is reinstated. One person who will protect our workers. One person who will stand up to the billionaire class and say "You can't have it all".

Today, I am formally announcing my withdrawal from the race for President, and am throwing my full support to the Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #343 on: January 31, 2018, 06:26:53 PM »

Schedule for Joe Biden

January 4, 2012

Meet Voters in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Jackson, New Hampshire

Speech in Somersworth, New Hampshire

Senator Clinton claims she is for keeping assault weapons off the streets. How can we trust on her that when she said during her 2008 campaign that she had "fond memories of being taught to shoot by her grandfather"? That sounds like a lifelong member of the NRA to me.

Meet Voters in Barrington, New Hampshire

January 5, 2012

Speech at the Kohl Center, Madison, Wisconsin (with new endorsee, Russ Feingold)

I am truly honored to have Senator Feingold's endorsement forward. It means a lot to me to get this endorsement, and I give you my word as a Biden that I will honor it and respect it. Should I win the nomination my running mate will be a progressive, much like Feingold. Should I win in November, I will fight to bring back Glass-Steagall, to make sure our remaining workers get a fair deal in the labor market, to get our unemployed the education they need to be competitive in a new field, and to make war a last resort, whenever possible. President Obama wanted to dream of every one of these things, but hostility from Republicans in Congress stopped him from accomplishing any of it. It's time to finish the work.

Meet Voters in Gilmanton, New Hampshire

January 6, 2012

Meet Voters in Sutton, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in New London, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Franklin, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Brookline, New Hampshire

January 7, 2012

Speech at Holman Stadium, Nashua, New Hampshire

I don't quite get why Republicans such as Governor Christie and Governor Fletcher are attacking Obamacare as hard as they do. Sure, it's not perfect, and single-payer probably is better, but have you tried getting single-payer health care through Congress? Obamacare is probably the best we'll be able to do for quite some time.

Speech at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, Manchester, New Hampshire
You know, I've been wondering this, and I'm sure Senator Clinton is too...why is General Clark running as an Independent? It's almost like his only purpose is to divide our party in November, which would be a disaster, especially if someone like Ron Paul, Walter Jones or Adam Carrolla, heaven forbid was elected.

Speech at Saint Anselm College, Goffstown, New Hampshire
You know, there's usually more than one race going on during an election year, and here in New Hampshire there's also a competitive Governor's race as well. I am honored tonight, to make not one but two endorsements, in Maggie Hassan and Jackie Cilley, both whom will carry on Governor Lynch's legacy for the people of New Hampshire, and defend this state's men, women and children.

January 8/9, 2012

Barnstorm Northern Nevada

January 10, 2012

Meet Voters in Seabrook Island, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Hollywood, South Carolina

Election Night Rally at SNHU Arena, Manchester, New Hampshire
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #344 on: January 31, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »

Adam Carolla debate answers part 2
2.- With growth stagnant and the unemployment state still high most voters place the economy as the most important issue. How can you reassure the voters that you are the right choice to restore economic growth?

When it comes to our country we need to put Amercia First. Not Mexico not Canada but Amercia.  We need to either gut for get rid of these unfair trade deals.  We need to cut taxes and we need to make them as easy as it can be. We gotta get rid of all unnecessary taxes and fees. I am the only candidate on this stage that proposes every a cut or gut in every single tax and fee in this country!!  We need to balence the budget and create a constitutional amendment that says hey you can’t spend that much.  We need to embrace free enterprise. We have to cut the red tape and reduce the corporate tax rate to make us more competitive with other countries.  I believe the best government is the least government.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #345 on: January 31, 2018, 10:19:50 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2018, 11:25:25 PM by Evans »

Post- Iowa Caucus Results Speech

(pardon the pixelated image)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #346 on: February 01, 2018, 11:46:56 AM »

Carolla debate answers part 3

3.We need to end the war on drugs. That is the main reason. Now im NOT saying oh go out and do herion and ruin your life but rather there are drugs banned by the FDA that well can help people. As a matter of fact there are drugs on the market that are fine by FDA standards that are more deadly and addictive than some drugs that are considered illegal that actually help people and can possibly lead to curing cancer.

Weed as killed nobody and it’s illegal while fentryal a drug that was the most common drug to overdose on in 2011 is legal and ok’d at.   

We need to go after and defeat these drug companies which im pretty sure are getting funded by most of the people on here to say that I am a lunatic and I shouldn’t be here!! 

All I am saying is as President I will put better safer and cheaper drugs to put on the market and allow them to compete with other drugs.  There could be a drug that is considered illegal but it could cure forms cancer but it’s bad because the FDA said so. Well with me in charge it ain’t happening no more!!

And no this isn’t a gun issue.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:28 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
January 4 to January 10, 2012

January 4: Senator Clinton holds a victory rally in Des Moines, Iowa to thank supporters for "the tremendous victory" in the Iowa Caucus. She then flies to South Carolina.

January 5: Senator Clinton holds a breakfast meeting with local union workers in Rock Hill, South Carolina. She pledges her continued support for "protecting the American worker" while also promoting "free and fair trade" by reforming various trade agreements to "create the maximum benefit." She then meets with leaders of the African American community in York to discuss "getting kids off the streets, into schools, and into successful, high-paying careers." In the evening, Senator Clinton and former President Clinton hold a town hall meeting at the American Legion post in Tega Cay.

January 6: The Clinton campaign drives from Tega Cay, South Carolina to Charlotte, North Carolina. Senator Clinton holds a large rally with Senator Mark Warner and former President Clinton at Charlotte Convention Center. Senator Clinton tells the crowd that "South Carolina will be the defining moment of the campaign." If she can win South Carolina, Senator Clinton says, "that's the ballgame." After the rally, the Senators and former President tour Carolinas Medical Center and meet with patients. Senator Clinton then flies to New Hampshire.

January 7: The day begins early, with Senator Clinton making several appearances on early morning, drive time radio programs. She also does a sit down interview with John McElveen of WMUR News. She then gives a speech at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, where she talks about "painting a bold and progressive vision" for the country, where "every person has the full opportunity to take part in the beautiful American dream." Senator Clinton also attends a fundraiser for the New Hampshire Democratic Party with Senator Jeanne Shaheen in Nashua.

January 8: Senator Clinton holds a roundtable discussion over breakfast in Concord with local business leaders to discuss "bringing the Live Free or Die spirit" nationwide. After breakfast, she drives to Woodstock, Vermont to give a speech to local Democratic organizers at Woodstock Union High School. She returns to New Hampshire in the evening. She holds a rally in Berlin, a former industrial town, to talk about making "free trade work for everyone" and bringing back "exported jobs."

January 9: Senator Clinton begins the day with a tour of the U.S.-Canada border at the Pittsburg-Chartierville Border Crossing. She then crosses into Canada to speak with a group of Canadian business leaders in Montreal about "working together to create a freer, fairer, and stronger" relationship between the two countries. She also meets with a group of First Nations representatives and listens to their plight, pledging to work, as President, to "increases aid and services for all native peoples." Senator Clinton then flies back to New Hampshire, landing in Portsmouth.

January 10: Joined by Senator Shaheen, Senator Clinton attends an AARP meeting in Portsmouth in the morning. The pair then meet with service men and women at Pease Air Force Base before holding a rally in Laconia. Senator Clinton spends an hour in the early afternoon door knocking with supporters in Moultonborough before driving to Concord to hold a rally on the steps of the New Hampshire State House. In the evening, the campaign's official election night rally is at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #348 on: February 01, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
January 2012 Debate

Clinton: I think our economic direction depends entirely on how this election shapes up. If we put the Republicans back in the driver's seat at this point, we're risking sliding backwards into another recession. If we put a pro-growth Democrat into the White House, we've got a really strong chance of turning the trend around and getting people back to work, increasing take-home-pay, and promoting savings. That's how we're going to turn the economy around and get America back on track, by giving the American people the incentives that they need to increase their spending, increase their savings, and increase consumer confidence.

Clinton: I support same-sex marriage. I think it is a fundamental human right to be able to express ones love through the bonds of marriage and I think that we should allow people, same-sex couples, to do just that. I voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004 and I said in 2006 that, if a future Governor and Legislature of New York went forward with same-sex marriage legalization, I'd be in support of it. Look, I'm going to be honest with you, I think my husband made a mistake when he signed DOMA into law. I think that was the wrong decision and it set a dangerous precedent for opposition to same-sex relationships. I think that this is an issue that should be handled at the state level, but I personally think that every state should allow same-sex marriages.

Clinton: We have a gun violence epidemic in this country. In 1999, I stood with my husband in the Oval Office when we were briefed on the Columbine massacre. As a nation, we promised to never let something like Columbine happen again. But since then, we've seen school children, teachers, and administrators shot and killed dozens of times. At Virginia Tech, at Red Lake, at Northern Illinois University - all over the country, we've watched as horror has unfolded. We need to address this crisis with vigor and commitment, so we don't lose an entire generation to senseless violence. We need stricter background checks, to make sure that people who shouldn't have a gun can't get a gun, we need to increase access to mental health services, to catch potential gun violence perpetrators before they can committ their crimes and get them the health they need. We also need to have a national discussion on the role of violence in film, and on TV, and in video games. I support the Second Amendment, but I more importantly support keeping the American people safe at home, and at work, and at school.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #349 on: February 01, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »

Extra GOP Polling:

MAINE:

Chris Christie: 31%
Ron Paul: 25%
Adam Carolla: 15%
Walter Jones: 11%