Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:46:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 27659 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
« edited: January 25, 2018, 09:13:51 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla speaks to a evangelical audience in Iowa
January 4th 2012
Now we have our differences however as President I will fight for you. I will fight for your freedom to practice your religion and I will stop the savages in the Middle East from taking over and destroying your culture. I will work with Israel and move the capital to  Jerusalem and protect you from attacks from  Palestine.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »

Carolla Campaign update
After January 5th. Carolla went back home and took a break from campaigning. And started making videos over social media in order to target younger voters who he showed as the more Libertarian and more populist than Ron Paul.

Carolla also went back to his Radio Show in which he would pitch his campaign a bit into it too.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2018, 11:40:40 AM »

Carolla releases tax returns

Adam Carolla has decided to release his tax returns just like any other Presidental candidate and to show that he is not hiding from anything and that there has been no wrong doing.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2018, 06:27:47 PM »

December 29th

Governor Terry Branstad endorses Chris Christie for President.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2018, 12:51:11 PM »

December 30th

Governor Branstad carries out a series of Television Interviews.

Q. So Governor Branstad, you've endorsed Chris Christie for President. Why did you wait this long to endorse a candidate?

A.) Well we've had a rather fast moving situation here in Iowa, we've had both Governor Jindal and Governor Romney drop out, both who campaigned heavily in the state and we've seen some folks who frankly I didn't expect to run, like Governor Fletcher. But I've always said I'm not here to act as Kingmaker- I just wanted to see who understood Iowa.

It's the joy of being the first state in the nation to vote; we don't base it on what the pundits say, we don't base it on who has the best TV Ads, or who has the richest campaign. We wanna listen to our leaders talk to us in our homes, in our diners and on our farms. We wanna make sure they understand issues like farming, we wanna makes sure they're authentic and that we can trust them.

And I'll say to the folks listening in Governor Christie as he toured our state I know that Iowans can trust him. Before he came to Iowa I knew he was a talented guy; you don't become a Prosecutor, and put terrorists behind bars without skill. But I wanted to make sure that Chris understood ordinary folks in Iowa, and frankly he's blown us away.

Q. What qualities is it, that stand out?

A.) Well look he the toughness, and resolve that frankly we haven't seen since Ronald Reagan. It doesn't matter who's he's up again, he'll stand up for his views. I know that some folks may disagree with him on certain issues, but look, folks don't want someone who they'll agree with 100% of the time. They want someone they know will wake up in the morning, and ask 'what good can I do today? How can I help people?''

I think looking at the current field Governor Christie is the only candidate who has won a statewide race in the last 5 years; he's won in a deep blue state when our nation is pretty divided. He's shown he can stand up against the millions of dollars of attack ads from the big unions, and he's shown that he can govern. We need someone with this sort of experience.

What about the other candidates? Did you consider endorsing anyone else?

Look, I'm not here to attack other candidates. We've a range of folks running; some who've never held public office, some who've spent a long time in the House and some who haven't been involved in national politics for a while. It's good to have variation, but the difference is that Governor Christie is the only candidate who can unite our party, bring Iowans together, defeat Hillary Clinton, and then carry out some of the real changes we need to get our economy booming. It's simple as that.

Christie Town Hall in Iowa City: 'I've stood up in court to put terrorists behind bars, I'll uphold the laws of this nation.

Governor Christie touts tax cuts in Rural Town Hall outside Iowa City.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #305 on: January 27, 2018, 01:01:39 PM »

Adam Carolla campaign ad that shows why his tax plan is the best
Airs in all 50 states
I’m Adam Carolla and I approve this message.
Voiceover:All candidates have said that they will cut taxes however only one has said he will have a cut to every single one.

And that person is Adam Carolla.  Carolla will fight to cut the federal income tax but after will cut and gut taxes like the 911 service tax, Medicare Tax, Marriage Income Tax, The Gas Tax, The Sewer Tax and the The tanning Tax.  As President Carolla will cut deeply cut and gut all hidden taxes and fees and give Amercians more freedom.

Choose a Different Kind Of Republican choose Adam Carolla
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #306 on: January 27, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »

December 31st-January 1st.

Comments on the New Year.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2018, 02:52:49 PM »

January 2nd

Christie meets campaign staffers and Volunteers

Christie holds tele-town hall in Cedar Rapids. Tells voters to send a message - 'put me one on one with Hillary Clinton'

Christie holds joint town hall with Governor Terry Branstad. Tells voters 'it's time for America to fight back''.

[quote]'The most moving moment I've has as I traveled around Iowa was when I meet with a small family farmer who had to lay off a lot of his workers, and close the visitor centre to his farm, because of the ridiculously high tax bill that he got from employing 56 people. You know what he said 'I just want someone who cares''. He had to go to his neighbors and to his friends, and tell them that he couldn't afford to pay them, because of a decision made in Washington D.C to slap more and more taxes on employees when the economy is already faltering. It's sickening. It's easy when you're sat in D.C to forget that every decision matters, every decision has an impact and every decision you make will change lives.

I told that farmer called John, that the first thing I'll do if I'm elected President is sort out the tax code, get rid of the job-killing Obamacare mandates and make the entire tax system much simple, and much more fair. But I said him to that I'll remember his story, and I'll remember what I've learnt here in Iowa. I've learnt that there are times when Government needs to get the hell out the way, and there's times when folks need support; like with the Renewable Fuel Standard which supports rural jobs, and promotes energy independence.

Because at the end of day, as Governor Branstad has said many times, the people of Iowa just want someone who get's on with the job. Heck that's what all Americans want; no-one apart from Nancy Pelosi enjoys listening to the constant bickering in Washington, the constant excuses, the constant hot air. What the American people want is someone who'll fight for them; because they're sick of looking around, and seeing collegues laid off, businesses closing down and an America that is retreating from the world. So you know what, it's time for America to fight back.

The only way that's going to happen is if you come and out and caucus for me.''
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

Ad 1, Get to Work: Airing in Iowa.

(Narrators Voice) Every Morning in Iowa, we get up and go to work.

We don't wait for someone to tell us to go to work, or tell us how to work our land.

We just get on with the job

Don't you wish we had politicians who did that?

Well, now we do...

Chris Christie was the first U.S Attorney appointed after 9/11.

He got up every day to keep Americans safe from radical Islamic terror.

He prosecuted the Fort Dix terrorists, who tried to kill American Soldiers in New Jersey.

He put corrupt, and crooked politicians like Sharpe James behind bars.

And as Governor of New Jersey, he's balanced two budgets without raising taxes, he's fixed a broken pension system, and worked across party lines to raise educational standards

Now he's running for President. Wouldn't it be great to have someone in the White House who knows how to do an honest days work?

Cuts to Chris Christie talking at a town hall... 'I'm running for President because I believe that we need a new type of politics in this country. We need to stop the bickering, stop the arguing and stop the silly point scoring, and come together to fix our problems. I'll get both Democrats and Republicans to sit down, and pay down our nations debt, get rid of our deficit and fully fund our military. We don't need someone who's spend years in Washington D.C, or someone who's great at giving lectures- we need someone who can go to Washington D.C and fight. We need someone who knows how to get results. 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2018, 05:23:39 PM »

Ad 2: Farm Friendly. Airing in Iowa.

(Governor Terry Branstad talking) Here in Iowa, farms are the beating heart of our state.

That's why I'm supporting Chris Christie for President. As Governor of Iowa I know that we need someone who's farm friendly, and we can count on Chris Christie to fight for Iowan Farmers.

Chris Christie supports the Renewable Fuel Subsidy, which gives vital support to Iowan farmers, promotes rural jobs and provides cheap, secure energy for millions of Americans.

He also wants to cut taxes for working families so that we can our economy booming again, and will get the EPA off our backs to allow businesses, and farms to grow.

On the 3rd January I'll be caucusing for Chris Christie because he's only candidate who's fighting for Iowa's farms.

He also knows how to grill a pretty mean steak.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2018, 05:47:31 PM »

Ad 3: Family Matters.
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida and Nevada.

Camera pans to Mary-Pat and Chris Christie talking at dinning room table.

When we got married in 1986, we knew we wanted kids, and we knew we wanted a big family. It just always seemed right.

It's been an absolute joy for us, even if it is sometimes a bit chaotic (both laugh). You haven't seen chaos since you've seen the Christie school run.It's kept us both grounded though; no matter what happens at work you can always come home, and unwind. Even if the kids don't want to talk to us sometimes (Mary-Pat chuckles)

(Chris starts talking) It's why it hurts us both when we see so many families out there suffering, because we both know how precious the family is. It's the foundation of America.

That's why we need to do everything possible to support American families. I want to cut taxes for all American families so that they can focus on providing for their kids, not on providing for Washington D.C's out of control spending. I'll help families get high-quality health insurance by expanding tax credits, not by forcing them to take costly health plans. And finally I'll get the government out of the way so that we can get our economy booming again.

No matter what happens in this campaign I know my family will be here to support me. And no matter what happens in the future, know that I will always support American families.

I'm Chris Christie, and I endorse this message for every family out there.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2018, 06:21:25 AM by Blair »

Ad 4: Uphold the Law. Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida.

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »

A Breaking Announcement from Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta in Monterrey,CA:

”...Hello Monterrey!!! If you don’t know, I was born here. My roots are in this town, and in this state. I was raised here, studied here, and learned about the world here. I served many terms in the House of Representatives, I was Chair of the House Budget Committee, Director of the OMB, the White House Chief of Staff, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, and the current Secretary of Defense. Our nation is at a crucial turning point. We’re in full Election mode. You can see it everywhere, campaign ads and everything, ugh I hate it. I’m a former Republican. I’m still a current democrat, but I’ll get back to you on that. I switched parties because I thought the Democrats were rational. I can’t say that anymore. I’ve assessed both fields of candidates, and the Democrats just aren’t ready, or don’t care, they’re playing partisan politics. The Republicans are self explanatory, they’re just plain nutjobs. I don’t know what will happen to our country if we elect some of these madmen, but I’ve found a candidate that I can out my trust in. General Wesley Clark is by far, the best choice for our country. I, as an American citizen, have the right to make my voice heard. I don’t care if the party establishment doesn’t like that, I’m very experienced, I know what I’m talking about, and please vote for Wesley Clark this November. Thank you...”
adamevans
United States

« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2018, 08:36:29 PM by Evans »

"The Candidate You Can Trust"
Ernie Fletcher's 5th Television Ad
Aired in South Carolina, Iowa and Maine

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher

(pardon the extremely pixelated image)

"What I believed back in the 90s"

"is that our country leader's spend too much time working to divide rather than to serve"

"And that we must focus on getting the job done rather than this useless rhetoric, and in Congress, I spent every day to get the job done."

"Today, I couldn't be more outspoken that this country needs some real leadership that sticks to their values. I'm tired of the talking, let's win the future."

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »

Final Carolla campaign update
After resting Carolla returned to Iowa and campaigned in Iowa City and Des Monies with Donald Trump.

Carolla went out on his GOTV speech by saying that just because Christie has all the top endorsements and donors that doesn’t make him the better candidate.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 10:53:24 AM by Evans »

"Iowa"
Ernie Fletcher's 6th Television Ad
Aired in Iowa (obviously)

Ernie Fletcher: "What choice do Iowans have in this election? The first one in the nation. One that will set the path for this election for the next 11 months. "

"My name is Samuel, and I'm a Farmer in Iowa. I'll be caucusing for Ernie Fletcher on January 3rd because I need someone who I know will stand up for people like me"

"My name is Wallace. Earlier today, I donated $30.00 to the Ernie campaign, and I will caucus for him on January 3rd because I have faith he can leave my grandchildren with a very good future."

"My name is Margaret, I'm a volunteer for the Ernie campaign in Iowa. I'm a Senior at Davenport Central High School, and I'm going to caucus for Ernie on the 3rd of January. He's very genuine, and I think that he can genuinely lead and bring change."

"I'll be caucusing for Ernie Fletcher on January 3rd. My name is Johnathan. I'm a preacher at Johnston Evangelical Church, and he, being a preacher, is someone I know will stand up for my values"

"My name is Rick, and I served in Vietnam. I make a living on a small business in Iowa, and I'm going to caucus for Ernie Fletcher on the 3rd because I know he'll put my interests above what Washington wants"

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: December 26-January 3

December 26
-Barnstorming in Newton, IA
-Barnstorming in Clinton, IA
-Barnstorming in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Waterloo, IA

December 27
-Barnstorming in Coralville, IA
-Barnstorming in Muscatine, IA
-Barnstorming in North Liberty, IA
-Rally in Ankeny, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Cedar Rapids, IA

December 28
-Barnstorming in Bettendorf, IA
-Barnstorming in Ottumwa, IA
-Barnstorming in Clive, IA
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Des Moines, IA

December 29
-Barnstorming in Dubuque, IA
-Barnstorming in Marion, IA
-Barnstorming in Urbandale, IA
-Rally in West Des Moines, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Sioux City, IA

December 30
-Barnstorming in Knoxville, IA
-Barnstorming in Storm Lake, IA
-Barnstorming in Indianola, IA
-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Council Bluffs, IA

December 31
-Barnstorming in Clinton, IA
-Barnstorming in Mason City, IA
-Rally in Iowa City, IA
-Interview with Fox News
-Voter Registration Drive in Cedar Rapids, IA

January 1
-Barnstorming in Johnston, IA
-Rally in West Des Moines, IA
-Rally in Ankeny, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Des Moines, IA

January 2
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Interview with CNN

January 3
-Implementing GOTV statewide in Iowa
-Attending random caucus sites in urban and rural areas
-Various interviews with local Iowa stations
-Election Night Party in Des Moines, IA

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »

Des Moines Register Endorses Walter Jones for President

Congressman Walter B. Jones is uniquely qualified to be the next President of the United States in these times. With a staggering economy, multiple international crises, a lack of trust in American institutions, Mr. Jones has shown the Republican electorate--and the nation--a new way to go forward from the malaise of the Obama administration. Mr. Jones is known as a man of integrity who is universally respected among his peers in Congress. He has shown both humility and leadership from his lesson learned in Iraq. Jones advocates a realist approach to foreign policy focused on rebuilding America rather than hostile nations abroad. He is a man of tremendous faith, guided by Christian principles throughout his life, and would create a humbler environment in the White House compared to the past few presidents. His candidacy is one that stands out, and which offers a clear contrast to the liberalism of Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

We at the Des Moines Register urge Iowans to caucus for Congressman Jones on Tuesday, January 3rd.

The endorsement will be heavily emphasized in campaign messaging and in local radio ads across Iowa leading up to the caucus.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2018, 06:52:56 PM »

"Selfless"
Ernie Fletcher's 7th Television Ad

Aired in All Early Primary & Caucus States

Narrated by Former Lt. Gen. Terry Gabreski

"I served for our country on the frontlines, in the air force. I'm very proud of my service, being one of the first women to become a Lieutenant General."

"In the Air Force, we didn't work for medals. We got the job done."

"They did it because they cared more about duty than glory. They didn't hesitate. They acted selflessly."

"One of those soldiers is Ernie Fletcher, he was stationed in Alaska serving as a F-4E Aircraft Commander."

"He was awarded the Outstanding Unit Award because Ernie acted selflessly. Putting his country's interests above his own."

"If there was anyone I would want to lead the country, it would be Ernie because he's got the guts to lead this nation. He represents selflessness."

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »

Surrogates for Jones: Iowa Caucus

Sarah Palin

Woohoo, Iowa! Caucus day is here, and ya know what that means? A bunch of these good-for-nothin' politicians are gonna be barnstorming and raising a ruckus, begging for your votes. How many votes do they really deserve, though? These folks have been causing the problems in Washington we average Americans are dealing with! Christie won't help ya, and Fletcher won't either. They're part of the swamp. But my man Walter Jones is the right kind of guy!

Walter is gonna take care of our proud men and women in the forces. He'll put an end to crony capitalism and Washington as we know it! He's just a fellow with tremendous character, and he'll put a stop to Obama and Hillary and all the rest of 'em! Can ya ask for anything better than that? So, go out there and caucus for Walter Jones, people!

Bobby Jindal

You know, when I ran for President earlier, it was to advance true conservative principles. Now isn't the time for me, but I decided to back someone who shared my ideals. That's why I'm strongly behind Congressman Jones. I look at Walter's record and he's got principle like no one else running. He's been for low taxes, lower spending, repealing Obamacare, and taking care of veterans. He's also a man of faith, you know. Politicians ordinarily don't really preach the word of God, but Walter Jones does, ladies and gentlemen. He's a Christian through and through, and he'll work to advance pro-life and pro-marriage principles in the White House.

I've been doing my part to making sure that this campaign goes full steam ahead. For all of my past supporters, I say this: If you live in Iowa, go out there for Walter Jones on Tuesday. Let's show Washington that they're about to have a big surprise on their hands.

Steve King

Everyone's been wondering: When am I gonna endorse someone? *laughs* Well, that time is finally here, and I'm firmly behind my colleague in the House, Walter Jones. He's just a gem of a person and I know this from working with him. Not only is he a conservative, but he's an honest one. He cares about this country deeply and that's why he's running for President, not to advance his career or get a big payout from lobbyists.

As you all know, one of my big issues is border security and immigration, and I can tell you this: Congressman Jones is the toughest candidate out there by far on the border. He'll put a stop to illegal immigration, clamp down on these gangs from Mexico and other countries, and fix our broken immigration system so it actually protects Americans. He's an exceptional candidate on all of the important issues.

Iowa is dear to my heart. I'm proud to represent the people of my district. Now, I tell everyone in my district and in the rest of Iowa to go out there and caucus for someone who will truly represent Iowa values. Walter Jones, January 3rd. I'll be there.

Michele Bachmann

Walter's a good friend of mine and he's a terrific Congressman. I say this as someone who's harsher on people in Washington like no other. But what makes Walter different is that he's really out there looking for you, the American people. He's a candidate for the people, by the people, and of the people. He won't listen to these government bureaucrats or lobbyists tell him what to do. He's fiercely independent and he'll put a stop to the big government spread by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

For all you Tea Party people out there too, hear me out. Walter Jones is the right man for you. He'll put a stop to this rising national debt. He'll cut taxes and repeal the monstrosity known as Obamacare. Most importantly, he'll put America first in every decision he makes. We've got to be organized this election and find the right candidate for November. That means we can't pick a Chris Christie, Ron Paul, or Ernie Fletcher. Walter Jones is the only man who can win in November and actually get conservative principles done.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Faith

I am a Christian.

This means more than words. This means I must stay true to my family, friends, neighbors, and God.

I count on the Lord to show me the right path in life. Though I may not always know what's ahead, I'm bounded by my trust in Him.

I try to serve God every day of my life, no matter what I do. I am not perfect. I have sinned. But, I try to repent and hope that I can reverse the pain I have caused others.

This is the philosophy of my life. It's been true as a husband, a father, a businessman, and a Congressman. If I'm elected President, I will be the same in the White House.

I will serve according to my faith.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: People of Iowa

These are the people of Iowa.

These are hardworking people. People who care for their families. People who go to church. People who help out in their communities.

These are people who know that change in Washington is needed. That's why they're supporting Walter Jones for President.

"Walter Jones is the only guy out there who really cares about people like me! All these politicians talk a good game, but he's out there stumping for the average guy. He's lived out here on these farms and he knows our struggle."

"Walter Jones respects our troops. He knows the cost of war back here, even in little Iowa. Who else talks about these issues the way he does? I served in World War II, and every veteran out there knows the struggle we have to face. A President Jones would take care of veterans like we deserve."

"Walter Jones would make sure farmers and small business owners like myself actually get the help they deserve. We've been strangled for too long out here from politicians who only care about our votes. Why don't we elect someone who actually means what he says the way Congressman Jones does? Then we get actually see this country get better!"

All of these Iowans agree: Walter Jones is the right choice for them.

I'm Walter Jones and I approve this message.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »

Walter Jones Campaign GOTV Strategy: Iowa

Sensing momentum, the Jones campaign is going all in on Iowa. All of Jones's surrogates have been barnstorming the state over the past week, as well as accompanying the candidate in each of his last rallies. To separate Jones from the rest of the pack, the campaign has pushed the crucial endorsements of the past month: Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal from the Republican field, and particularly Congressman Steve King and the Des Moines Register from Iowa. Palin and Jindal have wooed conservative voters (especially from the Tea Party) relentlessly, and King has canvassed the state appealing to Iowans through a home state effect. The endorsement of the newspaper also has been pushed to demonstrate the campaign's increasing credibility.

The campaign has been relying on its powerful grassroots effort as well as its many small donors to propel the Iowa campaign in the final stretch. A heavy focus on on-the-ground organizing has been built over the past few months, and the campaign now hopes to see its efforts come into fruition. In urban areas, college students and the 18-34 demographic are being targeted. Rural areas are a strong focus as well, as appeals to farmers, veterans, and Evangelicals have created a strong coalition for Jones. Through all of the hard work, the Jones campaign hopes to out-organize all of the other campaigns.

Ultimately, the Jones campaign sees a large opportunity to come from behind and win the Iowa caucus. Congressman Jones has been devoted 100% to campaigning in Iowa in order to reach this goal. The following are other general actions taken by the Jones campaign for Iowa:

-Present Jones as the populist candidate of the Tea Party
-Show a strong focus on immigration, being the only candidate talking about securing the border and stopping the flow of immigration
-Campaign alongside Steve King across the state for a home state effect
-Promote the endorsements of Palin and Jindal to skeptical conservative voters
-Attack Christie as a creature of the establishment and reach out to his supporters through veterans issues
-Attack Fletcher for his corruption scandals and self-pardon, reaching out to his supporters through abortion, marriage, and his strong faith
-Reach out to soft Paul and Carolla supporters in areas where they poll poorly to Jones
-Barnstorming rural areas with not much outreach from other candidates, hoping to pull more votes away from competitors
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Our Troops

These are the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives for us in Iraq.

I honor them every day by keeping these pictures in my office.

These pictures remind me that when politicians in Washington make decisions, they often deal with life and death. It's up to us to make sure that they act responsibly, because when they don't, human lives are at stake.

I have written thousands of letters to the families who have lost these loved ones. There is no greater duty that I can think of than to let them know they're never alone.

We must not let our troops and their families down. We must fix our broken VA hospitals, improve the quality of healthcare, and lead them back into civilian life.

Although we can't change the past, the future is in our hands. It's our duty as Americans to take care of our veterans, for they are our brothers and sisters all under God.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »

Final Iowa Rally

Are we ready, Iowa? *cheers*

Are we going to vote? *cheers*

And are we going to win? *cheers*

The momentum is all with us now. We've made the establishment running scared. The polls have us close here in Iowa. We're now leading in South Carolina. We have the endorsements of wonderful conservatives like Governor Palin, Governor Jindal, and your own Congressman King.

Let us never forget that this campaign is about changing Washington for good. No longer will we stand by and let these politicians prosper while leaving the rest of us to dry. This is a campaign for you, the average American, and the average Iowan. A message as powerful as ours can't be stopped by big money. This is a grassroots campaign that's been powered by millions of small donations, and I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

Here in Iowa, we're in it to win it. We have the message, we have the energy, and we have the voters. Now all we need to do is show up at the caucus place.

Thank you all, God bless this country, and go vote!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies