Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26561 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #2: A Plan For Working Families will air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, Michigan, New York, and Ohio.

Hillary Clinton Ad #3: Ready for the Job will air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, Michigan, New York, and Arizona.

Hillary Clinton Ad #4
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Airing Nationwide

- Scene begins with various clips of Hillary Clinton as First Lady -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton was more than just a First Lady. She was considered by many to be a co-President with her husband. During their eight years in office, Hillary championed human rights, the environment, and children's healthcare. Despite being in a normally ceremonial office, Hillary was fighting for the American people.

- Scene shifts to various clips of Hillary Clinton as a Senator -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton has been more than just your average Senator. She's been a leading voice in the Senate on a variety of issue. More than 70 bills and resolutions she co-sponsored were signed into law, many of them occurring under a Republican President. As a Senator, she's fought for the rebuilding of New York City after September 11th, increasing broadband internet access for rural communities, and protecting healthcare for our veterans. While serving as a Senator for the State of New York, Hillary has been fighting for the American people.

- Scene shifts to various clips of Hillary Clinton campaigning for President -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton isn't a candidate of empty rhetoric. She has a real plan to bring back American jobs and increase consumer confidence. She has a real plan to protect Appalachian jobs while moving to a green economy. She has a real plan to make sure everyone can see a doctor when they're sick. Before a single vote has even been cast, Hillary is ready to continue her fight for the American people.

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2018, 12:49:55 AM »

In the News:

President Obama: "I shall not seek a second term."

The news of a major televised broadcast from the White House surprised many, and led to significant speculation as to what the announcement was. With the foreign situation growing more unpredictable after the past events in Libya and faced with a bruising primary campaign on his own party many wondered what announcement would Obama make, last minute theories ranging from an update on the search for Obama Bin Laden to a possible and updated White House strategy regarding Libya or Iraq. But as soon as President Obama began to speak, it was plain and evident that something historic was about to happen. While seemingly tired, the President was on a high note of eloquence on his address and with a more relaxed look on his face, calmly explaining what he saw as the achievements of his Presidency while recognizing some areas in which progress had not been as fast as desired.

President Obama finally cited the troubling economic and global situation and the rising infighting on his party, referencing some of the conspiracy theories issued by one of the Democratic candidates, and stressing that a divided party would never be able to "deliver on the change America elected us to deliver". His speech culminated with what many saw as a invocation of the famous LBJ speech in 1968, with Obama striking a calm tone while uttering the words "therefore, I shall not seek nor accept the nomination of the Democratic Party for another term as your President". Amidst the silence of the White House staff Obama finished his words by invoking the importance of his party to remain together and united in the months to come, and his intention to be fully active and free from partisan politics in the remainder of his term.

The address while shocking to the nation was well received by many, polling showing a rise in the President's numbers in the aftermath. While some of the more vocal elements in the right-wing talk shows wasted no time to imply a "corrupt bargain" had been struck by the President and Mrs. Clinton, or that Obama had left the race to prevent a scandal of sorts from erupting, it appeared most Americans seemed to accept some of the President's arguments, or at least felt the time was right for something different. In the immediate hours after the President's speech it became clear Senator Clinton had suddenly become the overwhelming favorite to win the nomination, although speculation began on which Democrats might jump into the primaries at the last moment.

In the meantime, the first poll after the President's announcement showed "Generic Democrat" on the rise against Generic Republican, although it is unclear whether this is just a temporary bump:

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 46%
Generic Democrat: 43%
Wesley Clark: 6%
Undecided: 6%

Romney to drop out due to Ann Romney's ill health

The President's decision not to run for a second term was matched in a Republican field by a sudden change that also altered the dynamics in the most radical way: Governor Mitt Romney was leaving the race. A few days before Obama's announcement Ann Romney's health had suddenly begun to take a turn for the worse, her husband deciding to take a few days off the campaign trail to be with his wife. Despite Mrs. Romney's insistence that her husband ought to return to the campaign, the doctors were soon clear that Mrs. Romney's multiple sclerosis had worsened and would require some substantial treatment. While she and some members of the Governor's family and staff made attempts to persuade Romney that he had a duty to stay in the race, Romney saw differently.

While the official statement is expected to be delivered soon, a spokesman for the Romney campaign delivered a written statement that confirmed that Mitt Romney was no longer running for the Republican nomination, having made up his mind to stay with his wife in such troubled times. The announcement left the GOP stunned, having spent several months trying to come to terms with the idea of Romney as the "inevitable nominee", the race was left fully open less than two months from the Iowa caucuses. Many predicted in the aftermath that such events would possibly leave Governors Christie and Jindal as the likely new frontrunners for the nomination, but with such a volatile scenario it was agreed virtually everything could happen.

And, of course, some didn't discount the scenario of a "White Knight" attempting a late bid for the nomination.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Statement on Mitt Romney, and Barack Obama withdrawal.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Governor Barbour: 'We need unity. I know Chris Christie can deliver that.''

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »

Statement from Carolla campaign on Ann Romney’s health

While me and Govenor Romney have our differences. I will put that aside and say to him sorry for what is happening to you.

I wish the best of luck to you and our wife who we hope gets better.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2018, 10:27:08 AM »

Phil Bredesen state on President Obama dropping out

Former Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen would like to thank President Obama for knowing when it is time to step down and let another take his place. The job of the presidency is a difficult one and it must be difficult to both do the job and campaign in the primary and so the decision must've taken some thought. Mr. Bredesen wishes to offer President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama to his house on Christmas to have dinner with Anne and Benjamin as well as Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Chelsea and Marc for Christmas dinner as a way to show that no bad blood will exist between them.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »

Bredesen Campaign ad "Bredesen for me" to air in all 50 states for 2 months

Copyright for the idea goes to the Kennedy 1960 campaign ad 'JFK FOR President'

Image of Bredesen

Do you want a man for president who really knows the truth?

Image of Tennessee prospering

Do you want a man who helped a state prosper during a recession?

Bredesen being reasonable with budget headline

Do you want a man for president who knows what is right?

Well it's up to you

it's up to you

it's strictly up to you

but for me it's Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bre-de-sen for  me!

Bredesen

Bredesen

Bredesen

Bredesen

Image of HealthAmerica corp.

Do you want a man for president who won't take salaries

Bredesen shown to be free of past scandals unlike his predeccessors

Do you want a man for president who is clean of any wrong?

Show a picture of many tenneseans applauding Bredesen's job

Do you want a man who truly knows how to lead?

Well, it's up to you,

it's up to you,

it's strictly up to you

But it's Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen, Bredesen,, Bre-de-sen for me!

Bredesen

Bredesen

Bredesen

Bredesen

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this message.
DFL

« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »

Boston, Massachusetts

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »

(OMG I forget to write this)
Carolla debate closer

Before I sign off for the night I want you Amercia to think of me. Not as the man who hosts the Adam Carolla Show. Not as the man on Crank Yankers or on the Man Show. And definitely not as the man who voiced Spanky Ham on Drawn Together. 

I want you to think of me as just another American who wants real change to this country and wants government to be smallest as it can be.  A Amercian that is just like you. A Amercian that wants a balanced budget so we don’t spend this country to death, A Amercian that wants to lead this country towards peace and strength, A Amercian who wants affordable healthcare and a Amercian who wants his country to be the best place to go to and work in and be free.

Thank you all.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »

Walter Jones Debate Responses

Nuclear weapons are a scourge on humanity. In the wrong hands, they would devastate entire continents and wipe out millions in a matter of seconds. It's up to us to make sure that bad actors around the world aren't able to develop their own nuclear programs unchecked. Iran has that capability to unleash great harm. Think about this: Even if the Iranian government were to never deploy their nuclear arsenals, what if they happened to sell off their supply to rogue terrorists, keeping up with their reputation as the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East? That could be a catastrophe in the making like the world has never seen before. We absolutely must hold Iran's feet to the fire and keep them accountable.

With that said, the United States shouldn't be making any rash decisions either with respect to Iran. War is the last option for dealing with this and should always be. A preemptive strike would affect millions of innocent civilians and keep us in the Middle East for decades longer. So, I must sharply disagree with my fellow Republicans on the stage who beat the war drum. As President, I would bolster military sanctions on the Iranian regime, and I would use any platform we have to unite the world around one message: a nuclear Iran is unacceptable. We also can't rule out opening up negotiations with Iran, under the conditions that the United States comes to the door with strict conditions and there will be consequences if they break any deal. There is a chance, no matter how small, that we can find a breakthrough first before we explore any other options.

Ronald Reagan once said, "trust, but verify." This is how he handled the Soviet Union, and it paid off. That will be my approach as President as well.

I think we can all agree here that the excesses of big unions have to be held accountable for. They can't just expect to survive off of workers' dues without doing anything in return. But we should never forget that labor unions played a big role in creating the middle class we have today. They've helped men and women, Democrats and Republicans, whites and blacks throughout this country. There is a balance to be found between giving unions the keys to the city and choking them off from representing workers, which I fear right-to-work could do.

I stand with great Republicans like Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower, who understood the importance of unions in society. Heck, even Reagan once headed a major union. People have the right to come together and achieve common goals. We do it all the time in government here, and people do it in everyday life. The Republican Party should be known as a workers' party again if we want to keep the confidence of the American people, many of whom think Republicans only stand for big business. This is one thing I hope to change with my campaign.

This is a great question, and I'm glad you asked.

Whoever the Republican nominee will be, they'll have to represent the voices and opinions of millions of Americans. There is a wide range of views within our party, and the nominee must respect that and listen to them as well. What makes us Republicans, though, is that we all share some common values: the importance of liberty, the sanctity of life, and a strong national defense. Whatever our disagreements are, I'm sure we can all agree with those on this stage. Even those I have criticized, like Governor Christie, are still good family men in my eyes, and our disagreements are political. The nature of politics is coalition-building by definition. Republicans can work with Democrats on certain things, and vice versa.

Throughout my own political career, I have always stressed the need for the Republican Party to be more inclusive. That means bringing in people from different backgrounds, with different viewpoints, but who all can unite around the idea of a great America. When I have voiced my disagreements with the frontrunners on the debate stage, I aim to provide a voice for many Americans when they might not otherwise have that chance. As your nominee, it will be my responsibility to bring all of these voices together. No matter what, we can all agree that the path promoted by Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden is what we're standing against.

I am a conservative and proud of it. I don't hide who I am. However, the one thing I have always been credited with is my ability to reach out and find common ground with people.

Response to Governor Christie:

You know, Governor, you were the establishment candidate for Governor in the primary. The grassroots choice was Steve Lonegan. I'm not saying you didn't work hard to pull off your victory, but those are just the facts. What's also true is that you first were reluctant to run for President. It took people like George W. Bush, Henry Kissinger, and a number of big donors to convince you to run. That isn't really a record of working outside the system.

Meanwhile, I have had hundreds of thousands of dollars thrown at me in primary challenges by establishment candidates. Why? Because I dare to speak out and challenge the Washington consensus. I don't hide my record, and I'm quite proud of it, in fact. The people of my district know that I have always stood up for them instead of for the party, and I'll do the same for the nation.

Closing statement:

Who's got your back these days? It isn't the same old Washington politicians who promise you one thing today and ignore you tomorrow. These people will always be entrenched in the corrupt Washington system. We don't have to stick with that, though. I have had a long record of fighting against Washington and for the American people. My conservative values were instilled in me from a young age, and I know the plight of the average American who's lost all hope in politics. It's time we get people to be hopeful again. I'm Walter Jones, and I'm running for President to speak for you in the White House. If you elect me, I'll spend every waking moment defending American principles here and around the world. Join me, join my campaign, and join this political revolution. Thank you all.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2018, 06:17:41 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: November 1-30

November 1-8: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; rallies in Concord, Keene, and Rochester; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; massive ramping up of campaign HQ; outreach to pro-life and veterans groups statewide; voter registration drive.

November 9-17: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; rallies in Ames, Cedar Rapids, and Des Moines; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; extended outreach to pro-life groups; campaign to attract college students to campaign; radio and TV interviews statewide; voter registration drive.

November 18-26: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rallies in Beaufort, Spantanburg, Florence, and Charleston; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; strengthening of relationships with Evangelical groups; new outreach to college students; emphasis on grassroots enthusiasm; voter registration drive.

November 27-30: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; rallies in Reno and Las Vegas; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; outreach to Latino and Mormon groups statewide; campaign to attract college students; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; voter registration drive.

Walter Jones Campaign Strategy
-Present candidate as *the* populist choice in the GOP field: uncorrupted, fighting the GOP establishment
-Reiterate commitment to basic Republican beliefs of life, marriage, defense
-Intense effort to attract former Romney supporters through issues of abortion, trade, and immigration; show admiration for Governor Romney on a personal level
-Make strong efforts to attract supporters of Trump and Palin as their candidacies fade
-Strong focus on small campaign contributions, attracting grassroots enthusiasm
-Reach out to soft Paul and Carolla supporters in states where they poll poorly to Jones
-Ramp up focus on rallies on the campaign trail to attract major attention to campaign
-Build up campaign network of Evangelicals and Tea Party members nationwide to bolster standing in early primary states
-Minor radio ad buys in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada promoting Jones as champion for veterans
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »

Alright you bums. Yall already drove out the two decent candidates in this race, first myself, and then Obama. Your only path forward is through Phil Bredesen. If yall remember my tirade a couple of weeks ago during my campaign termination, you will recall the nasty insults I gave everyone besides Obama and I. But out of all the insults I gave, Phil Bredesen had the lightest one by far. Why, one may ask? It is simple, he stands with our conservative values, and is the biggest DINO out there. In case yall scum cannot comprehend that, it is a very berry goodly thingy okakyzies, @&$!?-; dumb@&$?$ I know what a huge favor I am doing right here, so the only thing that I ask in return is to make Perry O. Hooper Jr. a cabinet member. As for you, terrible excuses for homo sapients, dissapointing american people, the favor you can do is to vote Phil Bredesen! You already sent out the two good candidates, so there is no redemption from here, but, you can still save yourselves from total doom, but last chance, by going all in for ma boi Bredesen! Vote or die!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2018, 06:25:09 PM »

Statement on Mitt Romney

While we have had our disagreements on the campaign trail, I wish Governor Romney the absolute best as he embarks on this next chapter in his life. I also offer my sincere condolences to his wife Ann, who is suffering from a terrible condition in multiple sclerosis. Anyone who has had to face a similar situation in their personal life knows the amount of grief and hardship involved, and it takes family and friends to persevere. I pray for the Romney family that they may find relief in these troubled times. May the Lord grant these fine people that opportunity.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2018, 06:27:29 PM »

3rd Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers & Responses

General Questions

First things first, We can't let Iran have nuclear weapons, and nobody up on this stage would support letting them have it.

We can't dove ourselves into another multi- trillion dollar war in taxpayer money. We can't do that with the national debt already above $10,000,000,000,000. We keep making rash decisions in Iraq and Libya. Now, we're trying to do it in Iran? I'm not going to do that again. We can't do that again.

Our foreign policy must be sustainable. The Obama Administration has made it impossible to do that with reckless spending, and the people here to support that can't bring change to our foreign policy. Any fiscal conservative would support our foreign policy spending being more sustainable.

We must ensure Iran does not create nukes or else we'll have to spend trillions. I support putting America at the top as much as the next Republican, but let's have a sensible, fiscally conservative foreign policy for once—A policy of American Exceptionalism.

Let's look at it from a conservative stance: Right-to-work gives workers the choice to join a union, rather than forced unionization—inherently a conservative idea. Let's look at it from a common sense stance: states with right-to-work have more disposable income per capita, greater gdp growth, and greater employment. I think the facts speak for themselves. A right-to-work policy is something this country needs to head towards economic recovery. It's not anti- union, it's just pro- freedom and pro- economic recovery, and like the other policies I support, I won't and never have turned my back on it.

Candidate Specific Questions

I'm glad you asked. What separates me from some of my opponents is that I served this country in the Air Force. In the Air Force, I served to stop the influence of communism in the Cold War, and I was honored to be awarded the Outstanding Unit Award among others. It was one of my major chapters of my life. I learned foreign policy first hand and how it affects the brave of our nation, and I'm proud to have served there.

As I laid out in the first question of the debate, I believe in a policy of American Exceptionalism. Let's put our nation first abroad through diplomacy, and not wasting taxpayer money abroad like Obama has been doing for the past 4 years. The great heroes of our nation deserve to not be used as tools for constant wars. The great taxpayers of this nation deserve to have their money not spent on war after war. I support putting America first abroad, but let's have a sustainable foreign policy that does not outspend it's income.

Responses & Rebuttals

Mr. Christie, I understand your concern. Nuclear Weapons are a menace to humanity, a great evil, however this rhetoric was used in Iraq. We found no Weapons of Mass Destruction there. We spent trillions of dollars. We lost nearly 5,000 Brave Americans, and Mr. Christie, you have never served to understand what that cost means. Now, you want us to do that again.

Your plan is the last thing America needs. When will you find it that diplomacy is stronger than bombs & bribes? As the National Debt continues to rise, your view is to keep spending and spending. It's time for a new approach—a conservative approach. It's not time for another Obama approach, Mr. Christie.

Closing Statement

As this election nears, each candidate wants to make this election more and more about themselves. It's not. This election will always be about you, the voters— the American People. Let's make this country more about you, the individual. Let's take back the future.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Momentum

This is Congressman Walter Jones.

Why have establishment Republicans spent hundreds of thousands to take me out before? Because they know I stand up for my beliefs.

I'll do what's best for you, the American people. There are no big donors or lobbyists behind this campaign. This is 100% funded by everyday Americans with a hope for a better tomorrow.

Together, we can stand up to the Washington consensus. They fear they'll no longer be in charge if their people can't get in.

They're right. We have the momentum.

I approve this message because the only good unemployment is a Washington crook without a job.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »

Hillary Clinton Press Release
November 2011

- Campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri -

It takes a big person to recognize that they are not the best person for a job and to stand aside. Senator Clinton, former President Clinton, and the entire Clinton Campaign commend President Obama for withdrawing from the Democratic nomination for President out of the best interest of the country and the Democratic Party. Senator Clinton especially commended President Obama for recognizing that "there are still great challenges facing the American people" and that running for President would "unfairly distract from addressing those challenges". Former President Clinton, being one of the few people who can actually say they understand what President Obama is going through, echoed his wife's remarks.

In his address to the nation, President Obama also cited the state of the Democratic Party as part of his reason for stepping out of the race. Chief among the problems for the Democratic Party is that fact that a candidate for President of the United States spewed vile, right-wing conspiracy theories as campaign rhetoric. When challenged on his conspiracy theories, the candidate alleged that his campaign had been infultrated and corrupted by agents of the far-right website Breitbart News. While the credibility of Mr. Bredesen's claims is well in question, the very fact that a candidate for the most powerful office in the world would say such things in any capacity - be it as the result of a mass conspiracy or as his own thoughts - is an insult to democracy. While Mr. Bredesen has apologized and redacted his remarks, Senator Clinton feels that such remarks have no place in American public discourse. Because of this, Senator Clinton calls on the Democratic National Committee to bar Mr. Bredesen from participating in the next debate of Democratic candidates.

Mr. Bredesen has invited himself to join the Clinton Family for Christmas. Unfortunately, the Clinton Family has had long-standing plans for the Christmas holiday and have to decline the offer.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »

Bredesen Reply to Senator Clinton before debate ends

Hold on for a brief moment before we end this here debate. Senator, you are sounding like you would be the next Jack Kennedy. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy. There were just as much scandals as there was prosperity during Bill's time in office and at the end, Not when Bush was elected but in the last few years your husband was in office, the prosperity stunted and then began a steady downturn into the recession that we all know and hate today. Now that I think about it, I consider myself more a Kennedite Democrat than a Clintonite Democrat now. Mrs. Clinton, were you responsible for the years that the properity of our country was stunted? As you said, it was two for the price of one in the 90s. well, by god, if the end of the 2010s with you as President happens with a major economic recession, then by god, I'm out!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »

Bredesen Campaign ob the request to kick him out of the next Democratic debate

Senator Clinton has requested that Mr. Bredesen not be allowed to appear at the next Democratic debate, Mr. Bredesen wants to remind Senator Clinton that doing so is in fact a form of censorship and thus requests that she redacts her request.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »

November, 2011

Ernie Fletcher's Statement on Mr. Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama's Withdrawal
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2018, 07:04:21 PM »

Hold on for a brief moment before we end this here debate. Senator, you are sounding like you would be the next Jack Kennedy. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy. There were just as much scandals as there was prosperity during Bill's time in office and at the end, Not when Bush was elected but in the last few years your husband was in office, the prosperity stunted and then began a steady downturn into the recession that we all know and hate today. Now that I think about it, I consider myself more a Kennedite Democrat than a Clintonite Democrat now. Mrs. Clinton, were you responsible for the years that the properity of our country was stunted? As you said, it was two for the price of one in the 90s. well, by god, if the end of the 2010s with you as President happens with a major economic recession, then by god, I'm out!

Clinton: Governor, this is a lie and you know it. The current economic recession has been caused by the reckless de-regulation of the last Republican Administration. President Clinton left office in 2001 with a budget surplus, a strong and safe nation, and a strong economy. Unemployment was just over 4%, one of its lowest points going back to the 1990s. Our country was on the cusp of an economic boom, centered around the new technologies of the Internet. My husband had his own personal shortcomings, we all know about those, but he was a hell of a President and it's disingenuous to suggest anything else.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »

Clinton: Governor, this is a lie and you know it. The current economic recession has been caused by the reckless de-regulation of the last Republican Administration. President Clinton left office in 2001 with a budget surplus, a strong and safe nation, and a strong economy. Unemployment was just over 4%, one of its lowest points going back to the 1990s. Our country was on the cusp of an economic boom, centered around the new technologies of the Internet. My husband had his own personal shortcomings, we all know about those, but he was a hell of a President and it's disingenuous to suggest anything else.

BREDESEN: Then why in 2000 was everything projected to get worse after him senator? It's an honest question. While Bush was the worst president in recent history, I think we all agree on that, our economy was slowly starting to fall away in that very year. sure it was a very slow decline, but still, one cannot deny the facts.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »

Gov. Nathan Deal endorses Ernie Fletcher
FOX News

Gov. LePage endorses Presidential Hopeful Ernie Fletcher
FOX News

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2018, 07:40:03 PM »

Wesley Clark Campaign Statement on the Obama/Romney withdrawals:

Breaking news came out recently that two front runners for their respective party nominations stepped out. President Obama’s withdrawal is for the better. He wasn’t what the country needed, and he came at the wrong time. That being said, he’s an honorable man and we wish the best for his mmm and his family going forward. The same can be said for Governor Romney, who withdrew due to his wife’s health concerns. It’s very pleasing that a man can care so much about his own family to put back his own aspirations. While General Clark disagrees with the respective mens’ policies, let’s all be decent and wish the best for them.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »

Turn Four: It's beginning to look
at lot like Christmas:
December 1st to December 25th, 2011

In the News!

Kim Jong-Il dead at 69!
Relatively unknown son Kim Jong-Un hailed as Supreme Leader of North Korea

American troops leave Iraq
Fulfiling a campaign pledge, President Obama announces the Iraq War "is over"

Economy shows little signs of recovery
Unemployment has a slight decrease, but hovers around 9.5%

Sarah Palin drops out of GOP race!
Citing poor fundraising and numbers, Palin is the next Republican to leave the race

Rod Blagojevich declared guilty!
14 years in prison for disgraced former Governor of Illinois

1.- Turn: This turn lasts across most of December, and it's the final turn to last a whole month. After turn four is over, turn five will cover the week before the Iowa caucuses. And there's two special endorsers! The Des Moines Register will be endorsing one candidate for the GOP and the Democrats each, and the Manchester Union Leader will endorse a candidate from the GOP. Rather than merely ask for them, you are invited to send a pitch as who you should recieve these endorsements.  

GE Polling

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 46%
Generic Democrat: 42%
Wesley Clark: 7%
Undecided: 5%

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Chris Christie: 28%
Bobby Jindal: 17%
Ron Paul: 15%
Walter Jones: 11%
Ernie Fletcher: 9%
Adam Carolla: 8%
Donald Trump: 4%
Fred Upton: 2%
Undecided: 6%

Republicans: Christie, the new Republican Frontrunner

The primary had been turned upside down, again. In most dramatic fashion, the two likely frontrunners since the beginning of the primary dropped out in different circumstances, Mitt Romney bowing out to take care of her wife due to ill health, and Sarah Palin leaving the field after what many described as an uninspiring or absent campaign. With eight remaining Republicans, the field seemed wide open as suddenly over a quarter of primary voters had to find a new candidate, and the Republican establishment panicked over what might happen afterwards. Alas, it is said that nature abhors a vacuum, and the space opened was soon filled by the new Republican frontrunner.

Having suffered his own share of blows in October, Governor Chris Christe came up fighting with all guns blazing in November, avoiding a lot of damage (despite attacks by Ron Paul or Walter Jones) and winning a debate with a memorable performance that allowed him to seize the spot of frontrunner. Appealing to Republicans of different backgrounds with his tough talking style, Christie got a substantial part of former Romney voters on board and shot his way to the top of the polls, opening leads in Iowa and New Hampshire. Behind and as his main challengers were Bobby Jindal - who leads the pack in Florida and South Carolina - and Ron Paul - now leading the chaotic polls in Nevada. Both Jindal and Paul, however, face the significant disavantage in having like-minded rivals for the conservative and the libertarian niche in Ernie Fletcher and Adam Carolla, both of whom are also on the rise.

With Donald Trump and Fred Upton still far back at the bottom of the polls, the remaining would-be challenger was Congressman Walter Jones, who has been picking up steam to overcome the 10% barrier  with his populist style. As December dawns, this month will be decisive for candidates to rise or fall under the weight of attacks, as the electorate remains incredibly volatile following the departures of Romney and Palin. While Chris Christie's lead is comparatively strong, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus stated that: "from here on, anything can happen."

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 49%
Joe Biden: 27%
Russ Feingold: 11%
Phil Bredesen: 4%
Undecided: 9%

Democrats: Clinton on the rise, can Biden or Feingold stop her?

The Democratic primary was defined this month by the sudden departure of President Obama from the race, seen as many as an admission of the ground gained by Senator Clinton and that a bruising primary contest would probably doom the President's chances at the General Election. Obama's departure suddenly redefined the dynamics of the contest as Hillary Clinton's well oiled machine shot her up to the top of the polls. She was on target now, and it remained to be seen whether Governor Bredesen and Senator Feingold could do enough to catch up before other Democrats jumped in to the race at the last moment.

With Feingold mostly inactive - preventing for now a surge from Obama supporters -, Bredesen took on the fight as the sole challenger to debate Clinton that month... and the race took a turn for the bizarre. From the revival of the Vince Foster controversy (to the joy of Limbaugh, Jones and a non-small part of FOX) to dismissing and attacking the record of the Clinton Administration (still heavily popular among most of the party), and then following up with inexplicable claims of sabotage by Breitbart (which the media source was quick to prove as false), the Bredesen campaign exploded in a wave of outrage as most donors and endorsers pulled out and many Democratic voters condemned the actions of the Bredesen campaign, pushing the Governor all the way back to 4%.

As December dawns and with one of Clinton's challengers almost crippled, all eyes are on Vice-President Joe Biden, who is expected to announce a bid for the presidency very soon. Tentative polling works to the  benefit of Senator Clinton by showing Biden on 27%, but with many undecideds and a lot of soft support for both Clinton and Biden pundits agree the race could take a dramatic turn depending on what happens in this last month before Iowa, often recognized as Clinton's weak spot.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »

GOP Average Polling:

IOWA:

Chris Christie: 25%
Ron Paul: 22%
Bobby Jindal: 17%
Ernie Fletcher: 10%