Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:24:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26555 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2018, 02:07:29 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
November 1 to Novmber 30, 2011

November 1 to November 4: Senator Clinton continues her campaign visit to Florida. With Senator Bill Nelson, she holds a rally at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale to discuss her plan for economic recovery, pleding to "actually deliver the economic recovery that" President Obama promised. She highlights the aggressiveness in her plan to combat "predatory companies" and protect "the American worker". While still in Florida, she meets with retirees in Orlando and recent immigrants in Miami. Senator Nelson joins her as often as his schedule allows.

November 5 to November 7: Senator Clinton takes a train from Florida to Georgia. She holds a breakfast meet-and-greet in Macon with local Democratic Party volunteers. Then the Senator drives to Atlanta for a sit-down interview at CNN headquarters with Wolf Blitzer before giving a major speech on foreign policy at the historic Fox Theater.

Clinton labels her foreign policy as "strong, active, and involved." She calls for the strengthening of America's international alliances, the rebuilding of "confidence in American exceptionalism", and pursuing "a global solution to the global problem" of terrorism. Turning to recent issues, she condemned the attack on the British Embassy in Iran and called on Iran to "ends it nuclear program once and for all", leaving the conversation open as to what the punishment for Iran might be.

November 8 to November 10: Senator Clinton flies from Georgia to Virginia. In Virginia, she holds a press conference with Virginia Senator Mark Warner to accept Senator Warner's endorsement. At the event she calls Senator Warner "one of the best and brightest minds" in the Senate on financial services and applauded his work after the financial crisis. The Senators tour the Salvation Army headquarters in Alexandria, and Senator Clinton visits with employees of Inova Health System.

November 11 to November 14: Senator Clinton drives from Virginia to Washington, D.C. to participate in some Senate business. She holds a press conference with California Senator Diane Feinstein to accept Senator Feinstein's endorsment. Senator Clinton praises Senator Feinstein's "massive advancement of women's" and LGBT rights during her career.

November 15 to November 17: The top Clinton Campaign staffers and surrogates meet with Senator Clinton at her Chappaqua home to discuss campaign messaging and strategy. Senator Clinton, President Clinton, Senator Feinstein, Senator Nelson, Senator Shaheen, Senator Warner, Governor Cuomo, and Mayor Menino hold a massive Democratic Party fundraiser in New York City.

November 18 to November 22: The Clinton Campaign returns to New Hampshire. Senator Clinton and Senator Shaheen swing through the state, holding six town hall meetings in five days, speaking to voters in Manchester, Laconia, Nashua, Concord, Salem, and Portsmouth. Senator Clinton also goes on the New Hampshire Diner Tour, visiting iconic locations like the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, Mary Ann's Diner in Derry, and the Tilt'n Diner in Tilton. The emphasis of this series of campaign stop is to fight the image of Senator Clinton as an elitist.

November 23 to November 28: The Clinton Campaign takes a Thanksgiving break. Senator and President Clinton spend the holiday at their Chappaqua home with Chelsea and Marc.

November 29 and November 30: Senator Clinton returns to the campaign trail with her first visit to Iowa. She meets with high school students in Des Moines to discuss the rising cost of higher education and then holds a rally in Newton. Senator Clinton also goes door-knocking with campaign volunteers in Mason City.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 08:36:22 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen Campaign Part II (November 11th-November 20th)

November 11th-November 18th: Rallies in Kentucky,  Tennessee, West Virginia, Florida, and Nevada on Fossil Fuels, Education reform, Foreign Policy, Anti-Establishment Candidacy, Tax Reform, and Healthcare Reform

November 18th:
-Rally in Denver, Colorado on Education Reform
-Rally in Clarksburg, West Virginia on Fossil Fuel Energy
-Fundraiser for charity in Richmond, Virginia
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan on Economic Reform

"Detroit, It's great to be here, in the World's Automotive Capital...except, it really isn't that anymore, isn't it?" *crowd remains in silent sadness with Bredesen for a few seconds* "I feel as if we truly lost something here. Years ago, this city was the icon of what hard work and Economic Progress does to a city. Now however, all your steel that was the lifeblood of this city is either closed down or in China or another country. Your jobs here are non-existent anymore, meaning it's hard for you to make a living. I can only imagine how hard that is. Who's policy, may I ask, led to that whoever? Not just Bush. Who promised change but only lied about it? That's right, President Obama. I have economic policies that will bring Jobs back! They are gone because of the high taxes, I will lower Taxes. They are gone because of our 28% Corporate Tax Rate, I promise to Lower the Corporate Tax Rate to 20%. Vote for me and You will get back everything you lost under Bush and Obama! *Bredesen leaves after thanking crowd and walks into them while shaking their hands*

November 19th-November 20th: Hosts rallies and Fundraisers in Michigan, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, and Kentucky on the same issues he talked about in the previous few days of November.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:25 PM »

Bredesen Attack Ad on Hillary Clinton titled "What Really Happened?"; set to air in all Early Primary states

Senator Clinton

In 1993, a Friend of yours in the Rose Law Firm and a White House Deputy Counsel, Vince Foster, was found shot dead in a park on the Potomac river from an apparent Suicide

Within hours of his death, aides of yours entered his office.

Senator Clinton, be honest.

What really happened?

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this message.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
November 2011 Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton: I believe that every child is entitled to a good education, regardless of their skin color or economic status. We need to start our public education at a younger age. Studies have found that students who attend a prekindergarten program are better developed socially, have an easier time grasping new concepts, and generally perform better on later standardized tests. We need to increase funding to Head Start, to make sure that some children aren't going into kindergarten inherently disadvantaged. Once we get kids into K-12 schools, we need to make sure they have good teachers. We need to increase subsidies to grad school students becoming teachers and we need to continue the policy of forgiving student loan debt to teachers who work in our hardest school districts. It's also important that we make sure every child has access to computer science education, because that's where the future of our economy is. It's going to be expensive, but this is the commitment we have to make as a society to our future.

With regards to higher education, I've spoken on this before many times. We need to increase loan forgiveness programs for public sector employees, like police officers and firefighters, to incentivize students to go into these critical fields. We need to go after predatory loan companies that take advantage of students and trap them in cycles of debt. For-profit schools are also at fault for the higher education crisis in this country, because men like Donald Trump and his "Trump University" are interested in increasing their bottomlines, rather than increasing the level of knowledge of the students. For-profit universities exist to make money, not to education students, and they often lure prospective students in with exhaustive aid packages that are mostly made of loans with astronomical interest rates. Tackling for-profit schools and increasing access to non-profit and state-run colleges and universities will put so many more young adults on better, safer, and more strudy paths into adulthood.

Clinton: I'm going to unite the Democratic Party through my campaign. I've presented, and will continue to present, the strongest vision of the United States. My plan will increase jobs, raise wages, promote a safe military, and increase confidence in our country. I'm not going to pander to the Democratic Party in order to secure their support; I'm going to present a hopeful and constructive plan for America and the Democratic Party can get in line, or they can vote for the Republican nominee. My campaign is about winning over the majority of Americans with the best proposal for our country, not about winning over the majority of Democrats with the most concessionary propsal, and I'm not going to change my message and beliefs to suit them.

Clinton: First off, my family and I haven't really lived in one state for a long time. I was raised in Illinois, Bill and I moved to Arkansas and then to Washington, and we've been in New York since 1999. New York is a cosmopolitan, international state. It's built by people of all different backgrounds. I chose to run for the Senate in New York in 2000 because of that reason, because its a state of bold ideas and even bolder people. By 2000, we hadn't really lived in Arkansas for eight years, nine years if you count the year on the campaign trail. If D.C. had a Senator, maybe I would have run there. But D.C. lacks a voice in the Senate, or any voting representation in Congress despite having to pay federal taxes, and I turned to New York. New Yorkers accepted me with open arms in 2000, they did it again in 2006, and they'd do it again in 2012 if I were running again. This isn't a political issue anymore, it's been settled by the people of New York several times. What is an issue, and what no one's talking about, is dealing with the issue of representation for the people of the District of Columbia.

Clinton: In his closing statement, Governor Breseden said something that I found interesting. He said in 1990s, we had a centrist President and America thrived under that President. What Governor Breseden left out there, I think you'll all remember, is that that centrist President is the guy I'm married to! Maybe Governor Breseden forgot, or he just didn't want to give my family any credit. Folks, I wasn't hiding in the East Wing while my husband was in office. I had an office in the West Wing, I played a key role in vetting nominees, and I crafted and advocate for several policy positions, including healthcare. When he was running in 1992, my husband's campaign promised "two for the price of one." Well, think back to the 1990s. Think about the prosperity we had. Think about the security we had. If you liked the 1990s while my husband was in office, you're going to love the 2010s if I'm in office.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2018, 04:39:04 PM »

Hillary Clinton Interview
November 2011

Blitzer: Welcome to The Situation Room, I'm Wolf Blitzer. Joining me in an exclusive interview is Senator Hillary Clinton, who has been leading an aggressive campaign against President Obama for the Democratic nomination and has just taken the lead in the critical states of New Hampshire and Florida. Senator, welcome.

Clinton: Thank you, Wolf.

Blitzer: Senator, Governor Breseden just launched an attack ad against you. Let's watch it now.

- Ad airs -

Clinton: Oh boy, here we go again.

Blitzer: Any response?

Clinton: Vince Foster was a friend of mine, and a friend of my husband. He was a good worker in the White House and a very nice guy. We were so, so distraut when we learned about his death. There were three investigations into Vince's death: one by Robert Fiske, one by the Senate Banking Committee, and one by Ken Starr, no friend of my husband or our administration. All three investigations found that there was no basis for a homicide charge and confirmed what we all knew: Vince had been battling suicide and took his life. To stir up this mud from 1993 is disturbing and deeply upsetting.

Blitzer: What do you think this ad, which Governor Breseden himself put his name on, says about Governor Breseden and his campagin?

Clinton: I'll leave that commentary up to the American people, but this is certainly not the kind of discourse that a potential President of the United States should be engaging.

Blitzer: I'll have more of my exclusive interview with Senator Hillary Clinton coming up after this.

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 06:46:28 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen interview with Rachel Madow on the 'Rachel Madow Show'

BREDESEN: It's great to be here, Rachel.

BREDESEN: Well, Rachel, I think everything is too much of a coincidence for the Clinton's not to know what happened. First, the suicide weapon, a .38 Caliber Revolver that dated back to 1913. That gun was the weapon a Marine officer apparently used to commit suicide in the movie A Few Good Men, which Vince Recently watched.

Second, in 1999, a man known as David Brock  wrote an article detailing a meeting with Rex Armistead to discuss a 'Foster Death scenario'

Third, the police were investigating the suicide scene where the police cheif stated there was no exit wound on Foster. Strange, since suicide by gun usually leaves a exit wound.

Fourth, Patrick Matrisciana, president of Citizens for Honest Government at the time, attempted to interview two people who were inside the Government. Those two people went by plans and before they could arrive their planes crashed. A bit off topic, I admit, but These two men died in very coincedental ways.

Finally, a good friend of theirs, Jim McDougall, who was in prison for Fraud at the time, stated that before Foster's alleged suicide, Hillary bullied him non-stop about Whitewater. He finally died after Hillary humiliated him in a white house meeting.

Foster knew a great many things about the Clinton's. He was defending them after all. Maddow, I would just like the FBI to open up this case one last time, with new modern technology. I want it to be completely independent attorneys. If they don't find anything new, then I apologise to you for this Mrs. Clinton, I just wanted to make sure that there was nothing actually serious happening here.

BREDESEN: Rachel, I actually have a flash drive of several very insensitive things has said in the past. First, in 1996, she called young 'African American youth super predators'. Let's watch.

https://youtu.be/j0uCrA7ePno

BREDESEN: I think it's because most people forgot about it and never looked it up again. Still, something like this needs to be discussed Mrs. Clinton. You have yet to speak of it and so far, you only have Bill speaking about it.

Also, please remember that she was a member of the Water gate investigation and that wanted Nixon to continue being President so another Democrat to be Elected president. If you ask me, that's attempting to Manipulate our Democracy for Political gain. Something like that is highly unethical of a Senator or a President so please Senator Clinton, explain what happened.

Finally, we have multiple reports that Clinton brought multiple aides to tears throughout Bill's Presidency. That is not becoming of any leader that I know of. I apologise to Senator Clinton if these accusations hit too close to home but I honestly don't feel you are the right candidate for President until you get your act together. You said as your closing statement that you were still a Centrist. I highly doubt that. Your a moderate but not a Centrist now.

BREDESEN: Yes, that's true, I wanted to also talk about Policy. Mainly Education and Fossil Fuels.

BREDESEN: For Education, I think it's time that Kids take control of what they learn and how they learn it. Another thing is to get rid of Standardized testing. The Creator of them, Frederick J. Kelly, famously said "These tests are too crude to be used and should be abandoned. For too long, Politicians and Congressional officials have controlled how education works. I think it's now time to take that power away from them and instead give it back to the kids and the teachers.

For Fossil Fuels, I argue that we should rely on them for long enough that people can still make a living from working in them. What Obama is doing is suggesting a total job change which would lead to multiple people losing their livelihoods. That can't happen, Rachel. I'm determined to stop it myself.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2018, 07:54:53 PM »

Carolla campaigns in Florida on NASA next to Kennedy Space Center

One of my earliest memories ever was in 1969 watching with my family the moon landing and Neil Armstrong setting foot on the moon and being amazed with that imagination on what we have accomplished and how really how far we our advantage was against the Soviets.

However in the recent years President Obama has cut NASA spending so that he can have enough troops to go to war with and unfortunately had decided to end spending and the program all together for

However as president I will bring new light into NASA and new hope into the program of manned missions

As President I will rebuild NASA’s manned program and work on history in the  American aerospace industry with getting the first man on Mars by the 2030s and bring back the Moon program where we shall complete the dream to built moon colonies and explore life beyond this blue dot.

*Crowd cheers*
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:43 PM »

Hillary Clinton Interview
November 2011

Blitzer: I'm back with Senator Hillary Clinton. Senator, let's turn to policy for a moment but then I have more from Governor Breseden, who's just finished speaking on another network, that I want to get your take. Senator, in the most recent Democratic Presidential debate, you brought up the issue of D.C. Statehood, saying you would run for the Senate in 2000 in Washington if it had representation. Is D.C. Statehood a fight worth having?

Clinton: Is ensuring that 693,000 American citizens have representation in their government a fight worth having? Yes, I think it is. We fought a revolution in this country, at least in part, based on the idea of no taxation without representation. Well, for more than half-a-million people living in D.C., they're paying taxes without representation, without a voting representative in either House of Congress.

Blitzer: Why now? What makes 2012 - 2011, excuse me - the year to take up this issue?

Clinton: It's not a new position, or a new fight. My husband and I endorsed the movement in 1993, during our first year in office. This has been issue that I'd like to talk about, and I've been trying to talk about for years, but it's hard to talk about an issue if reporters don't ask about it.

Blitzer: Let's return to Governor Breseden. He's just wrapped up speaking to MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. In his interview, he brings up remarks you made in 1996 regarding "superpredators", alleging you used the term to describe African American youth. Let's watch the tape.

- Tape plays -

Blitzer: Can you explain that remark?

Clinton: Well Wolf, this isn't really news. I've addressed this event many times during my career. To clarify, I never - never - say that African American youth are superpredators. What I said, if you actually listen to the tape, is that the United States needed to take a hard-line approach to street gangs, drug cartels, and violent crime, the kinds of people that may be called superpredators. I was not calling African American youth superpredators, I was using a term that other people had used to described violent criminals, people with a lack of emotional understanding and sympathy. I then also went on to say that we needed to try to heal these criminals, to bring them back in touch with their humanity. While I didn't use the term as Governor Breseden seems to suggest, I can understand why someone may be upset about the term and I do apologize for that.

Blitzer: Governor Breseden also brings up your time on the Watergate investigation and your relationships with various White House staffers during your husband's administration. Senator, do you want to comment on those allegtions before our time is up?

Clinton: I can't spend my time responding to every conspiracy theory that's put out there. I'm running for President on a platform built around bold ideas and strong action, I wish we could have had more time to talk about that platform.

Blitzer: Senator, thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2018, 06:12:10 PM by DKrol »

Hillary Clinton Press Release
November 2011

- Campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri -

In 1993, Deputy White House Counsel Vince Foster killed himself in Virginia. It was a tragic time for all who knew Vince, including then-President Bill Clinton and the First Lady, Hillary Clinton. Vince had been under significant stress in the White House Counsel's Office and, as many people had noticed, was battling with depression. Over the years, six investigations into Vince's death were held, with the biggest three being by White House Special Counsel Robert Fiske, the Senate Banking Committee, and White House independent Counsel Kenneth Starr. All six investigations came to the same conclusion: Vince ended his own life. None of these investigations, no matter how conclusive, have failed to dissuade conspiracy theorists, first in right-wing tabloid magazines, then online chat rooms, and now, it seems, Governor Phil Bredesen. To continue to dig up the tragic suicide of Vince Foster is disappointing and disheartening. To continue to attempt to blame Senator Clinton or former President Clinton for Vince Foster's death is sickening. Senator Clinton calls on Governor Bredesen to retract his remarks and issue an apology to both herself and her husband, as well as the family of Vince Foster.

Governor Bredesen's controversial remarks, however, do not end with his allegations about the death of Vince Foster. In an interview with Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, Governor Bredesen brought up what he claims to be a shocking, secret video of then-First Lady Clinton calling "African American youth superpredators". This video, despite Governor Bredesen's claim, is not a secret that has been hidden in a vault for many years. It was on CSPAN in 1996, and Senator Clinton has responded to it many times. If you actually listen to then-First Lady Clinton's remarks, what she said was:

"But we also have to have an organized effort against gangs. Just as in a previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels, they are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators — no conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first, we have to bring them to heel."

In no way, did then-First Lady Clinton call African American youth "superpredators" as Governor Bredesen claims. She was laying out an anti-crime platform for the second term of her husband and used the term "superpredator" in reference to violent criminals who lack conscience and empathy. It is Governor Bredesen who applies this term to African American youth, not Senator Clinton. Senator Clinton does, however, recognize the term may cause displeasure and upset people. For that, she apologizes and calls on Governor Bredesen to do the same.

Governor Bredesen continued to present controversial conspiracy theories about Senator Clinton in his interview with Rachel Maddow. Among these other conspiracy theories that Governor Bredesen pushed is that idea that Senator Clinton, as a young assistant counsel in the Watergate investigation, obstructed justice to keep President Nixon in office in order to advance the goals of the Democratic Party. It was Senator Clinton that did much of the research for the investigation into the history of impeachments and the historical basis for pursuing such actions against President Nixon. There is nothing further from the truth than what Governor Bredesen is claiming. Senator Clinton calls on Governor Bredesen to retract his claim and issue an apology to Senator Clinton.

Governor Bredesen, on top of making ugly remarks about the suicide of a friend of President and Senator Clinton, on top of making allegations that Senator Clinton is racist, on top of claiming that Senator Clinton obstructed justice in the Watergate investigation, attacked Senator Clinton for her relationship with White House staff during her husband's presidency. This attack is baseless. Many people who worked with then-First Lady Clinton in the White House have followed her through her career afterwards, working with her in the Senate, on her 2008 campaign for President, and on her current campaign for President. Senator Clinton has always had a strong relationship with the people working around her and continues to have such relationships. Senator Clinton calls on Governor Bredesen to apologize for making such a baseless claim.

This is the final comment from the Clinton Campaign on these claims from Governor Bredesen. Senator Clinton is focused on running a campaign to secure equal pay for female employees, increasing the number of well-paying jobs and turning the economy around, and promoting a more secure nation. Governor Bredesen appears to be running a campaign based on peddling conspiracy theories from the deepest corners of the internet. These are the kinds of comments Senator Clinton would expect from Breitbart and Steve Bannon, not from a candidate for the President of the United States and a former Governor. Senator Clinton believes the American people are smart enough to recognize this themsevles.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2018, 10:25:47 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Message from James Mackler, Campaign Communications chair for Bredesen for 2012

Recently, our Candidate, former governor Phil Bredesen have made several comments on Senator Hillary Clinton and several conspiracies following her around. What she does not know is that Mr. Bredesen feel as if he is dirtying the name of himself and Senator Clinton by bringing out this old news. The reason Mr. Bredesen had done this was because several advisors of his, who have been revealed to have been agents of Steve Bannon of Breitbart to ruin Mr. Bredesen and Senator Clinton's credibility, wrote several scripts for him on the Conspiracies (most of which have been torn to shreds by Mr. Bredesen himself, by now). Promptly, after the interview with Rachel Maddow, Mr. Bredesen stated that he felt as if he just badmouthed half the country and the day after interrogated the advisors and one of them cracked under the pressure of the interrogation, spilling out everything. They were fired minutes later. In a message of Goodwill to Mrs. Clinton, he will retract all statements on Senator Clinton's conspiracies and would to offer Her, Bill, and the rest of their family to attend Christmas with his family as a form of apology for her.

Again, Mr. Bredesen is not a conspiracy theorist and thus he would like to retract several statements he had made. It take an honest man to admit when he was wrong and why. We implore Senator Clinton to forgive him and instead put all blame on Steve Bannon, as he was the one who brought the agents into Mr. Bredesen's campaign that started this whole nonsense.

As of right now, Mr. Bredesen is currently feeling sorrowful and won't campaign for the entire day in order to allow all of this to simmer down. Also, Senator Clinton, please don't put him at fault entirely. He and his wife were very reluctant in doing this but the rest of the campaign (some of us more reluctantly than others) pressured him into doing it. Thank you. Mr. Bredesen will be back on the Campaign Trail on November 23rd.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »

Carolla campaigns back in Nevada in mid October on free enterprise

President Obama is leading us on a road to Corporate Socalism. It’s said but true.  He has chewed and spit on the system of Free Enterpise the system which founded this country and made it great.

He doesn’t care about hard working families like I have seen up here in Nevada. *The crowd cheers*
He doesn’t care about small businesses and people struggling to find work.  It was all just one big act for him to get elected!

What he puts first are corporations,Special interests, his donor and the people at the top. 
He gives the little people the a small piece of the pie while he gives those people one gigantic piece.

I can say the same thing about Hillary Clinton. *Crowd boos at her too* and Mitt Romney *Crowd boos hardsr*  However there is a choice for workings families and small businesses and that is the person talking to you right now *Crowd cheers*

As President I will embrace the free market and free enterprise values that were founded and made this country great and we are going to do that again.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »

Bredesen Campaign for the rest of the November (November 21st-November 31st)

November 21st:
- Interview on Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC
- Rally in Charleston, West Virginia on fossil fuels
- Rally in Denver, Colorado on Education Reform

November 22nd:
No campaigning for the day to show remorse and to show a true apology for Senator Clinton on the Conspiracy Theories Bannon's agents implanted in his campaign while he also pulled and removed the ad 'What Really Happened' from everywheres.

November 23rd:
- Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada on Immigration
- Rally in Lansing, Michigan on Economics
- Rally in Greenville, South Carolina on Tax Reform
- Meeting the college Voters in Concord, New Hampshire

November 24th:
- No campaigning on this day; Phil and Andre Cote visit New York City Soup Kitchen and gives thanks for what they have while Benjamin goes to Chicago to help the children learn how to live a better life.

November 25th-30th:
November 25th shows Bredesen have Rallies in South Carolina, Kentucky, Colorado, and Nevada on Immigration, Taxes, Education, and Fossil Fuels

November 26th sees Bredesen campaign for Government reform in Sacramento, California while also having a rally in Concord, New Hampshire on Education reform and Sparks, Nevada on Immigration

November 27th sees Bredesen give a PSA on respect and how to be a respectful candidate to be president before stating that he had been quite disrespectful with Senator Clinton and would be alright if he lost a few support in the next polls because he deserved it. This was followed by a rally in Nashville, Tennessee on Economic Reform and Pittsburg, PA on Economic Reform

November 28th: Bredesen holds Rallies in Blackburg, Virginia, Evansville, Indiana, and Springfield, Massachussets on Fossil Fuels, Economic Reform, and Education reform respectfully.

November 29th: Bredesen holds a fundraiser in Atlanta, Georgia and by the end, he raises $200K, all of which he promptly gives to charity before announcing that his campaign will be funded online. He holds 2 rallies - 1 in Putnam, Connecticut on Education Reform and 1 in Buffalo, New York on the Economy

November 30th: Bredesen visits College voters in Philadelphia, PA and Concord, NH, Holds a fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA (which raises $500K before he gives all of it to charity) and then holds an Anti-Establishment Rally in Little Rock, Arkansas

When asked if they should run an ad on Feingold, Bredesen denied the opportunity stating that for at least a month he won't run any negative ads unless there is a real concern before he calls Senator Clinton to request a truce to last until the day after Christmas in which neither of them attacks each other negatively.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »

Carolla campaign update part 3

Carolla campaigned on tax reform in in the later stage of November in New Hampshire and Vermont and on Foreign Policy in Iowa in the final days.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2018, 05:39:00 PM »

Upton For President

November 1-15: New Hampshire
November 16-24: Iowa
November 25-30: Maine

New Hampshire:
Rally in Manchester, Concord, Nashua and Keene.
Policy Speech in Concord
Fundraiser with Senators Murkowski and Collins
Luncheon with supporters

Iowa:
Rally in Des Moines (endorsed by Dick Lugar)
Speeches in Ames and Cedar Rapids
Fundraiser in Davenport with Senator Lugar
Barnstorming in Rural Counties

Maine:
Rallies in Augusta (Endorsed by Senator Olympia Snowe)
Rally with Senators Snowe and Collins
Fundraiser in Augusta and Portland for Children with Special Needs (The Congressman personally donates $5,000 of his own dollars)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2018, 05:59:06 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 12:19:48 AM by JacksonHitchcock »

1.- Iran is now at the front of the newspapers after the UN expressed misigivings about the Iranian nuclear program, warning of the potential for Iran to obtain nuclear weapons. Should Iran be allowed to develop them, and what will you do as President on this issue?

No, Iran is a terrorist state in the middle east, I will not attack them unless they are believed to be developing Nuclear Weapons for the use against Israel or another ally in the middle east. I will also not support Saudi Arabia if they continue with the constant and utter disrespect for the rights of women inside their country. Human Rights belong to all people not just those within our own border, and I will make the same decision with Iran we don't want them having Nukes and attacking Israel they are the Axis of Evil.  

2.- As unemployment remains close to 10 the issue of unions continues to gain relevance in domestic politics. The question is, where do you personally stand on unions, and do you support the idea of right-to-work laws?

Unions, are not a fundamental good, or bad. We need to let the free market it take it's course and I don't think laws like Right to Work or Taft-Hartley are the answer to the free markets problems, but I think we need to work towards a future, I dont think we should break the people that built the American middle class. Unions helped build my home state and our country, Caesar Chavez is one of my heros and he helped build hispanic farmworkers and other migrant workers, into a force to be feared they did not settle things with violence, or intimidation but with cooperation. Why can't we Republicans and Democrats come together and repeal Taft-Hartley.

Congressman, given your stances on issues such as gun control, health care, abortion and same-sex marriage several have doubted why you should be running as a Republican. What would you say makes you a Republican?

I don't want to be a Democrat because I believe in less Government and I don't think we should raise taxes. I think we should abolish corporate tax rate so we can bring jobs back to America I also believe we should not let the Government tell us what to do with our money, I want to lower the top bracket of taxes to 25%. Then I think we should move onto a negative income tax, which I know will help allevate the Government burden for the tax payer. People can take jobs with a negative income tax and not lose their benefits this will let us lower the tax payers burden.

Closing Statement

I am sorry that I may not seem like a regular Republican, but Im not I dont like everyone else on this stage, I dont like Republicans or Democrats Bushes and Clintons Romneys and Obamas. These Parties dont work, but I think we can change this if we fight for change and we will fight for a better America! God Bless you all and God Bless America.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 12:48:05 AM by Evans »

Interview w/ Ernie Fletcher
CNN Exclusive
November 14th, 2011

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2018, 11:52:09 AM »

It's time for change. It's time for Jindal.

Campaign schedule for November

Overview:

New Hampshire: Nov. 1-4 (4 days)
Nevada: Nov. 5-9 (5 days)
Iowa: Nov. 10-15 (6 days)
Florida: Nov. 16-22 (7 days)
South Carolina: Nov. 23-30 (8 days)

Highlights:

New Hampshire ( Nov. 1 - Nov. 4 )
Held rallies in Manchester (kickoff), Hampton, Dover, Rochester, Lebanon
Took a bus tour around the state and held multiple town halls with voters across the state
Went door-to-door in each town
Ate lunch in diners with voters
Key policy: it's time for change, Obamacare repeal, getting workers jobs again

Nevada ( Nov. 5 - Nov. 9 )
Held rallies across the state in Las Vegas, Henderson, Carson City, Ely, Winnemucca
Went door-to-door and spoke with voters
Toured hospitals to talk about Obamacare reform
Ate lunch with voters, talked about plans for the presidency
Key policy: Obamacare reform and repeal, preserving American society, gun rights

Iowa ( Nov. 10 - Nov. 15 )
Held rallies in Dubuque, West Des Moines, Des Moines, Waterloo, Mason City, Ames
Went door-to-door in each town and talked policy
Toured farms, talked agricultural policy with farmers
Ate lunch with even more votes
Held town halls across the state
Key policy: pro-life, tax reform, agriculture policy

Florida ( Nov. 16 - Nov. 22 )
Made speeches in Tampa, Miami, Orlando, Panama City, Melbourne, Ocala, Port St. Lucie, Clearwater, Naples, Lakeland, Jacksonville, Sebring
Toured hospitals to talk Obamacare policy
Grassroots campaigning, went door-to-door in each city
Held more town halls across the state, started dialogues with voters
Took campaign bus across the state and just simply talked with voters
Talked about tax reform with voters, had lunch with them
Endorsement by Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll
Fundraised across the state
Talked about repairing America's infrastructure with even more voters
Key policy: tax reform, tourism policy, Obamacare repeal, infrastructure, capital projects, the environment

South Carolina ( Nov. 23 - Nov. 30 )
Made speeches in Columbia, Lexington, Camden, Florence, Lake City (yes, there's another one), Conway, Rock Hill, Greenville, Spartanburg, Simpsonville, Anderson, Charleston
Held many town halls across the state, talked to voters about their concerns
More grassroots campaign across the state, get the message of change out, go door-to-door
Eat lunch with voters
Endorsement by LA Gov. Charles Boustany
Talked about social conservatism and restoring America's society
Talked about restoring American jobs
Talked about why America needs change
Fundraised with voters
Key policy: pro-life, conservatism, change, Obamacare repeal, infrastructure

Operations:
  • Emphasized a grassroots campaign across every state, and the importance of knocking door-to-door and calling voters, getting the word out
  • Set up ground operations in every state, briefed staff on the campaign
  • Set up structural operations to deal with influx of volunteers across multiple states, including South Carolina, Florida, and Iowa
  • Emphasized to staff to reach out to everyone, no matter their political affiliation
  • Told staff to deliver Jindal's message of change to as many people as possible
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »

Carolla campaign on promising to cut taxes
It airs in all 50 states
I’m Adam Carolla and I approve this message

Obama:"I didn't raise taxes once. I lowered taxes over the last two years,"

Voiceover:No Mr President you did raise them.

As soon as took office he signed legislation raising taxes on cigarettes and other tobacco products.

He also in that same year signed the health care law which includes taxes on indoor tanning that went into effect last year.

And that’s just the start.  The new health care law also includes a tax on people who decide not to have health insurance, as an incentive for them to get coverage. The tax phases in gradually, starting in 2014. By 2016, the tax would be $695 per uninsured person up to a maximum of three times that amount, or $2,085.

And that’s one of the reasons we need to repeal Obamacare

More significantly, the health care law includes new taxes starting in 2013. Individuals who make more than $20,000 and couples that make more than $20,000 will see additional Medicare taxes of 0.9 percent. They will also, for the first time, have to pay Medicare taxes on their investment income at a 3.8 percent rate.

For shame Mr President.

However Adam Carolla will not raise taxes

He will make our tax code the simplest in the modern world.  No more unnecessary and hidden fees and taxes on business and the American people. He will abolish the IRS and make your tax sheets short and simple

That is just another reason why Carolla is a Different Kind Of Republican.

This ad has been paid for by Americans for Carolla.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2018, 06:34:22 PM »

Debate Answers

You know, as President, I'd be doing a hell of a lot more than address misgivings about Iran. I'd tell them a simple measure- there is no way that you're getting your hands on nuclear weapons. As President I'd use every single tool, and power of the Presidency to stop getting nuclear weapons; including military force. I know it's an awesome power, and a great responsibility for any President to use military force; but this is matter of National Security for the US.

If Iran gets nuclear weapons we know that they're then going to try and dominate the region even more; they're going to attack our allies in the region, they're going to try and use the Revolutionary Guards to spread their influence, they're going to pose a major risk to our Energy needs from the region. But that's not the most important threat; the biggest threat is by far, the threat that Iran pose to Israel.

Iran is the greatest threat to Israels existence; their Supreme Leader has said multiple times that Israel should be destroyed. We can't let Iran get their hands on nuclear weapons, and carry out another Holocaust. No way.  As commander-in-chief I won't be afraid to use military action to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons.

You know, time and time again, the Unions, and their leaders, in this country have been sat in the road, firmly blocking any meaningful attempt at reform on a whole host of issues. They don't care about the issue of unemployment, they don't care that our economy is slowing down; all they care about is themselves.

I support right-to-work laws; I think it's a massive erosion of freedom of association to force people to join unions when workers frankly don't want to.

It's easy though to stand up on this stage, and talk about what you would do. But I'm the only person running who's fought one the most powerful unions, the New Jersey's Teachers Union; and won. They spend over $3 million trying to defeat me in 2009, they even prayed for my death at one stag (laughs) because they knew, when I became Governor I was gonna fight their leaders, and force them to make a fair contribution to their unfunded pension system. And it worked; when you stand up to the bullies that run these unions they back down. 

But look, we need to make a distinction here, my mum was a card carrying union member. There's lots of hard working people out there who've been let down by their union leaders; we've known since Bobby Kennedy that the union leaders have not been well behaved, and frankly now is the time for serious, long term reform of our unions. Just like the politicians in Washington, the union kingpins have been letting down the people they're suppose to be protecting.

You know, when you've taken on almost every single democratic special interest, when you've had the sitting President come and campaign against you, and when you've had millions spend against you in negative ads, and you still win, as I did in 2009, you get a right to call yourself anti-establishment.

When you've prosecuted over 130 corrupt politicians from both parties, and put them behind bars, I think that makes you anti-establishment. But it's not enough for me to just stand here, and say 'I'm against the corrupt establishment' cause you know, no-one is going to stand up here and say they support the corruption, the failure and the decay we've seen in Washington.

The big issue to me is establishment thinking; harmful ideas, and policies dominate our politics, and no-one fixes them. To take just one issue; look at our tax code. I think I stand out from the establishment. I think we should go much further in making the tax system fairer, and simpler to get the economy booming; I want to get rid of the loopholes that allow jobs to be shipped overseas, I want to get rid of payroll tax for people aged less than 22, and older than 62, to help get them back to work, and I want to have three lower, rates of tax. We're not going to fix our broken tax code if we just send another bland politician to the White House.

I think the one thing that the folks at home should remember is that it's not enough to just vote for whoever sounds most impressive up here; it's about who's got a record to back up their rhetoric. In New Jersey, successive Governors, both Republican, and Democrat, had failed to take on the big, vested interests in the state. But when I was elected in 2009 I took them on; the Teachers Unions, the Democratic dominated Assembly, the increasingly out of control Supreme Court, I took them on, told them enough was enough, and we've managed to steer New Jersey around, out of the darkness of the Obama-Clinton Economy.

I'm the only candidate who has fought the establishment in their own state, and I'm the only one who will fight it, and whip Washington into shape. I'll repeal Obamacare, and replace it with a market orientated, state lead replacement, I'll sit the leaders of both parties down and begin to get rid of our out of control deficit. In my entire time as Governor, and as a U.S Attorney, I've stood up when the establishment have been wrong, and by god, I look forward to doing that as President.

Reply to Congressman Upton.

Unions, are not a fundamental good, or bad. We need to let the free market it take it's course and I don't think laws like Right to Work or Taft-Hartley are the answer to the free markets problems, but I think we need to work towards a future, I dont think we should break the people that built the American middle class. Unions helped build my home state and our country, Caesar Chavez is one of my heros and he helped build hispanic farmworkers and other migrant workers, into a force to be feared they did not settle things with violence, or intimidation but with cooperation. Why can't we Republicans and Democrats come together and repeal Taft-Hartley.

Congressman, are you seriously advocating getting rid of Taft-Hartley? Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?

It's Taft-Hartley that allows the President to designate a strike a a National Emergency, and which prohibits federal workers from striking. When President Reagan sacked the Air Traffic Controllers for illegally striking, that was done under the terms of Taft-Hartley. I don't know about you congressman, but as President I won't let any union dictate, or undermine the National Security of the United States.

Closing Statement

The topics that we've talked about tonight have all come back to one theme; who can stand up and protect America's interests, both home and abroad? Whether it's standing up, and stopping Iran's suicidal attempts to get weapons of Mass Destruction, or whether it's standing up to the Union kingpins, who block reform, it's clear that we need someone who can stand up for America.

As a U.S Attorney, and Governor, every morning when I woke up, I had to think about how I could keep millions of people safe. Political Campaigns shouldn't just be about who has the best speech, who has the best lines, or who you agree with the most. They should be about picking the candidate who has a plan to fix our problems both at home, and abroad, it should be about who has the record and experience at fixing these problems, and it should be about who you can trust. I'm the only candidate who has the experience to beat the Obama-Clinton Machine in 2012, and then as President, carry out the real, meaningful reforms that we need.   
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2018, 06:42:01 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 07:03:21 PM by Senator Haslam2020 »

Wesley for America: November Schedule

November 1st,2011-November 7th, 2011

”...Thank you Charleston, ya know what... I think we have a real chance of carrying West Virginia in the General. Both parties have failed you, let’s try something new! Let’s save your jobs!...”
Fly to AR

Rally in Little Rock,AR w Blanche Lincoln (Attendance: 22,334)
Rally in Hope, AR with Blanche Lincoln (Attendance: 19,001)

General Clark fundraised and went on an online fundraising blitz and relaxed with his family for the rest of the month.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »

“Something New.” Advertisement:

Two disastrous presidents standing side by side.

Two parties that have failed the middle class.

One candidate who cares about the people the political establishment doesn’t care about: everyone.

”I’m Wesley Clark and I approve this message.

Wesley Clark Interview with Wolf Blitzer,CNN:

Wolf: Hello, General Clark, pleasure to have you on the show today. I’ll start you off. Why are you running for President on an Independent ticket, are you acting as a spoiler, or are you in it to win it?

Wesley: I’m gonna be honest with you Wolf, and with the country, I’ve seen an energy in this campaign that I’ve never seen before. There’s such enthusiasm behind our supporters, I’ve been all around the country and it’s honestly great. I believe the people want something they won’t get with the current political system: results. I believe our movement can win, and will win in November.

Wolf: What’s your opinion on the uh, Libya Crisis?

Wesley: Another disastrous American intervention. We shouldn’t have made the situation even worse. What I’ve seen is, that the past two presidents had little to no knowledge about foreign policy before entering the office, Clinton didn’t know much either but at least he learned a little bit. What I fear is that we’ve made the situation in Libya too unstable, and it’ll bite us back years from now.

Wolf: You’ve been endorsed by former office holders, I mean some big guys too like Chair of the President’s Intelligence Board Dan Boren, and former Secretary Cohen, what do you think about this?

Clark: Well, it’s good to know that such important figures know we need a change. I’m honored to be supported by such great people, both in their accomplishments and, both knowing them personally.

Wolf: What’s your opinion on the latest polling numbers of both the Democratic and Republican fields?

Clark: Four years ago I would have never expected that a Democrat could mess up so much, this bad. President Obama’s is at 40% in the latest Democratic Primary Poll. Such numbers haven’t been seen for an incumbent since 1980. I’m glad to know many Democrats know the length of this, and that he’s nothing but another failure. I hope to see more Democrats, and frankly, discouraged Republicans to join my campaign. We can fix this country, but I need you, the American people’s support.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Governor Mitch Daniels endorses Christie in Des Moines Rally

Christie: 'Alito is my model of a Justice.'' Sioux City, Iowa. Town Hall.

Christie Tax Reform Speech: ''Let's Fight for Fairer Taxes''

Daniels joins Christie in New Hampshire, touts tax plan

Mary Pat jumps on the campaign trail. Des Moines, Iowa.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »

Campaign Ad- 'Citizens'. Airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada.

(Footage of Mary Pat Christie talking at a town hall)

When Americans have faced their darkest hour in the past, they haven't looked to the same old politicians from Washington to fix it. They've looked to heroic individuals to lead us; a General lead our nation out of the ashes, a lanky lawyer brought our nation together when it was more divided than ever, the man who defeated the Nazis helped protect America from the dangers of communism, and a charismatic actor from California inspired a generation with his hopeful vision of conservative reform.

My husband stepped forward after so many of you came to us, and told him to run. He's not running because of some long hold ambition, or some burning desire for fame and fortune. He's running because he knows that he's the best for the job. I've seen him get up every morning in New Jersey to fight for ordinary Americans. Let him do from the White House. Join our fight to save America's future.

If you agree with Mary Pat, please join our fight. I'm Chris Christie and I endorse this message.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »

(Narrator) For too long Washington politicians have been too scared to fix our tax code. But that ends today.

Chris Christie is running for President with the bold, brave plan to fix our broken tax system.

He'll cut all rates of income tax, to give every American a pay-rise.

He'll repeal Obamacare's job-killing mandates.

He'll gut the estate tax to stop Washington's out of Control Spending.

And he'll stop tax loopholes that let American companies shift your jobs overseas.

Isn't it great to finally have someone who can fix our tax code, and get high quality jobs back to America?

I'm Chris Christie and I approve this message.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »

Carolla’s final campaign update

Carolla returned from campaign to have Thanksgiving with his family back in Los Angeles.

He then campagined return to California on November 30 to campaign on foreign policy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies