Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:12:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26588 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »

Campaign Advert: 'Get on with the Job.''

Run in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida

(Reporters Voice) A shock victory tonight as Chris Christie, a former U.S Attorney is set to win the the New Jersey Governors race. This is a crashing embarrassment for President Obama, and the Democratic Party.

(Governor Christie speaks one one one with the Camera)

When I became Governor of New Jersey a lot of people had written me off. They said that I'd be a powerless Governor who'd never get anything done. They said that the old school politicians would walk all over me, but the pundits have never been more wrong.

As Governor of New Jersey I showed that it's possible to be a principled Conservative, and still get real achievements done.

I walked away from the State Assembly when they tried to make me give the citizens of New Jersey a tax hike. The Assembly later caved in, and approved a balanced budget, without a single tax rise.

I worked with across the aisle to fix our broken, and underfunded pension system. For the first time in generations, we took on, and defeated the public sector unions, who refused to pay their fair share.

I worked with Democratic Mayors to fix our broken education system, to introduce merit pay for teachers and to give our kids, the proper education they deserve.

I capped increases in property taxes to help to pull down out of control spending, and I worked to help create 60,000 private sector jobs.

When I wake up every morning as Governor I don't think about what policy will appeal to what voter, or what will make me more popular. I just get up, and get on with the job. When I see something that's broken that's fix it. We need someone with this sort of attitude in Washington D.C, who can crack the heads together, and work out the real solutions, to problems like our out of control spending, our national debt, or are flat-lining Economy.

They said I couldn't sort out the mess in New Jersey. They were wrong. So don't listen to them when they say that I can't do the same for America.

I'm Chris Christie, and I endorse this message.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 07:20:26 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Bredesen's reply to Senator Hillary Clinton the debate

Excuse me, Senator, if I can speak? I have to say that I'm not a Senator and I agree, I don't have the experience of Washington behind me. That's a fact. But, I've been a governor since 2002 in Tennessee and there I saw the issues of Tennessee first hand. I was mayor of Nashville and there I helped the city become greater than you think.I was the head of a small businesses that now has over 6000 employees and growing and I started it on my Kitchen table. Senator Clinton, I haven't been in Government for a year so I might be a tad rusty but in 2010 I traveled TN and Appalachia and saw the policies that the government in Washington was doing to them and I am sure you don't know how real Americans in the South are doing after the 90s. Senator, you claim to be fighting for the American citizen but have you ever taken time off to look at the states and travel them to talk to the people there? I have and I met a 30 year old man who worked in the coal mine in West Virginia. I won't name him but he said he was afraid that since I was a Democrat I would want to get rid of his job. I asked him how his family was doing, his answer of them just getting along and that the job in the coal mine is the only way he can pay the bills broke my heart. I promised to him that I would try my hardest to make sure he keeps his job and won't use it. That is Appalachia, Senator Clinton. That is the America you claim to know but you really don't. And, forgive me for bringing up harsh memories, but I must remind you that the American people rejected you in 2008. What makes you think they would want you 4 years later?

Thank you for letting me respond.

Senator Clinton, you have just stated that I called you a Liberal. That, Senator, is a lie. I respect you for your service to Arkansas and I respect Bill's service to this country. But I want to ask you, Hillary, what is this plan you keep talking about? How much of the Economy is going to be Green and how much is going to be Fossil Fuels? You have never specified. I have, the folks back home can garruntee this. Senator, you have been Senator for New York for 10 years as of this year. The same year Bill left office, you became Senator. For almost 10 straight years you were first lady of Arkansas. Then you were first lady of the United States. Senator Clinton, it seems that when you first tasted politics, you didn't want to let go. Why, Senator? Why we're you to be so eager to run for a Senate seat in 2000? You had the name recognition so it was obvious you were going to win. You indeed won it by a 12.3% margin. Senator, that race was anything but close and everyone knows it. Senator, it has been 10 years since you were really in a Southern state. 10 years before you were in a state that has been completely hurt by Barrack Obama's Failed policies. I'm sorry, Senator, but you don't speak for us.

You can say that I'm doing the same thing but the difference is that I waited. I traveled the nation. I visited people who were hurting because of Obama. You didn't in 2000. You just don't want to let go of your Power. Senator, you just want Political control. I rest my case.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2018, 07:17:19 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 07:19:48 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Attack ad on Hillary Clinton set to run in all early Primary called 'Political Hillary Dynasty'

Senator Hillary Clinton

Show a slowed down clip of Hillary walking.

You were elected in 2000, the same year your husband left the office as President

Show Hillary's Victory in 2000.

Before that, you were First Lady of the United States and First Lady of Arkansas

Show Hillary sitting right next to Bill Clinton as First Lady

Senator, can we, the American people, ask why you instantly for a Senate position so quickly?

Show Hillary smiling about winning in 2000

But I think we all know the answer by now. You want to keep your Political Dynasty that you've built these past few decades from Crumbling

Show Hillary frowning

You didn't give America a reprieve from you.

Show a picture of Hillary opening her eyes wide.

Stop Hillary's Political Dynasty. Vote Bredesen for 2012.

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this Message
DFL

« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #6
"Healthcare Cure"

I'm Mitt Romney, and I want to talk to you about healthcare.

After Obamacare passed last year, many Americans are worried about what will happen to their coverage and their premiums.

When I hear that Obamacare is increasing our doctor shortage and increasing premiums, I'm worried too.

That's why I pledge to repeal and replace Obamacare as soon as I'm elected President to relieve the American people of their current healthcare burden.

That's also why my healthcare plan stops punishing self-insurers, and gives Medicaid back to the states.

And if you have a pre-existing condition? Don't worry, you can keep your insurance without having to worry about losing it.

America's healthcare system should be helping you get better, not giving you a headache. I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2018, 08:15:48 PM »

Ad #2 for Governor Jindal

"It's Time"

To be aired in South Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire

It's time for reform.

It's time for better healthcare.

It's time for secure borders.

It's time for better infrastructure.

It's time for a new type of politician.

It's time for a new type of campaign.

It's time to remove the Washington establishment.

It's time for the American people.

It's time for change.

It's time for Jindal.

I'm Bobby Jindal, and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »

"The Difference"
A 2012 Presidential Ad

"Some people ask me what makes me different from other Republican candidates.
Here's the difference."

"Here in Kentucky, we reversed the billion dollar budget crisis while reducing state taxes. We still had enough to raise education and infrastructure spending. "

"I will never ever move away from the issues, the ethics, and the vision. It's time for a leader who doesn't play a game of dirty politics. But to get that happening, I need your vote "

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2018, 09:47:38 PM »

Miami, FL

You must be logged in to read this quote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:46 PM »

Columbia, SC:

You've seen the bickering from Romney and Christie recently, folks. Who's better on abortion? Who's tougher on terrorism? Who has a better track record? Here's what I can tell ya: I don't side with either. As a matter of fact, they're really just two sides of the same coin. They're backed up by the same corrupt Washington establishment and big-money donors that have brought us more debt, more spending, stagnating wages, and endless wars in the Middle East. They won't do a thing to improve your lives because they're not interested in that.

People ask me why I'm running when I haven't been noticed. I can tell you that I sense the momentum at this stage. People are beginning to wake up to my campaign's message that it's time for a real change in Washington. A President Romney or a President Christie will continue to leave Americans behind while enriching their friends. A President Jones will put a stop to that on day one. This campaign is about America First.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »

Well one solution to this could be in fact retraining these workers to operate renewable energy plants across the nation, whether they're hydroelectric dams, wind farms or biofuel plantations. These workers can be retrained, and it would be done through extensive job retraining programs.

Where we have gone wrong is that we expect these people to just stop working and know instantly what to do. That is not the case. What we can do is gradually phase out fossil fuels, like coal, and retrain miners a few thousand at a time for jobs on the plants. It's not that hard. These people would get paid well and would combat climate change for the future.

Amnesty for all that are here, so beating around the bush. It needs to be done and done now. We also need a path to citizenship for immigrants. We don't need a tougher border security system-we have one of the toughestin the world. We need to ensure that Border Patrol is supplied with advanced equipment to aid in surveying immigrants. Finally, any immigrant who has committed a crime in our country should be deported immediately.

Despite what you hear from our friends on the right, getting rid of immigrants would not be good for the economy. It would drain billions from our GDP. I thought Republicans were supposed to be fiscally responsible. What happened?

Occupy is not a violent movement. They have concerns that have not been addressed. Concerns that myself and my colleagues on the left have tried to warn everyone about for years, and then get told to shut up. Many of the protests have been disrupted by overly enthusiastic police eager to break up protests for the first time. These people should get their concerns addressed without delay, and the only reason I'm being criticised for associating with them shamelessly is because I threaten to upset the apple cart and am reminding Democrats that the progressive vote cannot be taken for granted anymore.

Al Gore made this mistake in 2000. John Kerry made it in 2004. Obama ran as a progressive in 2008 then governed as a moderate. The progressive vote is not a card to be played. They are voters who want their concerns addressed, and I'm being criticised because I'm the only one up here doing that.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2018, 01:16:07 AM »

Turn Three: On Target:
November 1st to November 30th, 2011

In the News!

Is Iran building nuclear weapons?
UN report voices concern over Iranian nuclear program

Zuccotti Park protesters removed, hundreds arrested
NYPD successfully removes Occupy Wall Street after heated struggle, many injured

British Embassy in Iran assaulted!
Following British sanctions against Iran protestors storm embassy, dozens injured

Supreme Court: Obamacare ruling in 2012
Supreme Court to make its ruling on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act next year

Beshear (D) holds Kentucky, Bryant (R) holds Mississippi:
Governor elections see the GOP hold Mississippi, Gov. Beshear narrowly wins re-election in Kentucky

1.- Turn: This turn lasts across the whole month of November. Same rules apply to the past one.

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Mitt Romney: 22%
Chris Christie: 17%
Bobby Jindal: 15%
Ron Paul: 11%
Sarah Palin: 7%
Walter Jones: 7%
Adam Carolla: 6%
Ernie Fletcher: 5%
Donald Trump: 5%
Fred Upton: 1%
Undecided: 4%

Republicans: Romney hit hard by attacks, momentum for Jindal and Jones?

Having cemented his status as a frontrunner with the Palin campaign in continued free fall (to the point in which many doubt the former Alaska Governor will make it to Iowa), Mitt Romney found out the hard way what it means to be a frontrunner. Put into question over his abortion views at a debate in which he sustained continued attacks, Romney was also targeted continously by Jones, Carolla,  Fletcher and particularly by Chris Christie, whose combined fire rouse the suspicions of Tea Party and conservative voters over Romney's supposed reliability as a nominee. And while Romney himself is noted for giving efficient media appearances and for running a somewhat tight ship, the barrage pushed him back into vulnerable margins, creating an urgent risk in Iowa and seeing Bobby Jindal overtake him on South Carolina polling.

To many, this would have been the perfect opportunity for Chrstie to close the gap and take up the frontrunner mantle. Alas, despite a well-run campaign Christie also faced his own share of merciless attacks and sustained damage by the Romney campaign, leading some conservatives to start questioning whether Christie is truly their man. The losses of Romney, Palin and Christie were promtly seized by other candidates who avoid most attacks by being low on the radar, thus allowing them to surge: Bobby Jindal has been the most prominent of them, taking the lead in South Carolina and making himself attractive to conservatives as a very viable option. Remarkable gains have also been made by Congressman Jones, whose effective performance at the debate and populist touch saw him surge as an increasingly credible candidate, and by Governor Fletcher, who despite a late start has seemingly found a niche as the candidate of social conservatives.

Others have also found their own room to grow, such as Adam Carolla and Ron Paul, putting on strong performances on early states that makes it hard to count them out of the race. Even Congressman Upton, harshly condemned over his latest debate performances, has found some receptive (if small) ground among independents in New Hampshire. The collective effect of his has been read by pundits as signifying that the GOP electorate is simply not convinced yet, and thus prone to sudden changes of support that may only be getting more extreme as the primaries approach. And whilst many insist Mitt Romney is the "inevitable nominee", others are not so sure.

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Barack Obama: 40%
Hillary Clinton: 36%
Russ Feingold: 11%
Phil Bredesen: 10%
Undecided: 3%

Democrats: White House down

Having already lost significant ground over the past weeks, the situation at the White House was becoming worse everyday. A general lack of campaigning over October was seen as a bad idea at a time in which Clinton, Feingold and Bredesen were gaining exposure in the media, particularly as the credibility of the primary challengers against the President grew in perception. Without a response against the constant attacks of his challengers, the President's polling numbers took a large hit as Barack Obama receded back to 40%, making him not only vulnerable, but behind Clinton for the first time in the crucial primary battlegrounds of New Hampshire and Florida.

On the opposing side, Governor Bredesen and Senator Feingold made gains of their own by appealing to their respective bases: Feingold continues to gain credibility among progressives due to his overtures to Occupy Wall Street and other statements, whereas Bredesen appears to have hit a vital point regarding fossil fuels in Appalachia (to the point in which a private poll from the White House is said to have the Governor in a strong second place in West Virginia). Clinton, on the other hand, continues to be seen as solid even as she faces strong attacks from Bredesen on issues such as her political ambition. Always the more powerful of the challengers, she hits 36% and is only 4 points behind the President, leading potential Superdelegates to start considering their loyalities.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2018, 01:25:15 AM »

GOP Average Polling:

IOWA:

Mitt Romney: 20%
Ron Paul: 16%
Chris Christie: 15%
Bobby Jindal: 15%
Sarah Palin: 7%
Donald Trump: 7%
Ernie Fletcher: 6%
Walter Jones: 5%
Adam Carolla: 5%
Fred Upton: 0%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Mitt Romney: 27%
Chris Christie: 22%
Ron Paul: 15%
Adam Carolla: 7%
Bobby Jindal: 7%
Fred Upton: 4%
Walter Jones: 4%
Sarah Palin: 1%
Ernie Fletcher: 1%
Undecided: 5%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Bobby Jindal: 25%
Mitt Romney: 23%
Walter Jones: 14%
Ernie Fletcher: 8%
Chris Christie: 8%
Sarah Palin: 6%
Adam Carolla: 4%
Ron Paul: 4%
Donald Trump: 3%

FLORIDA:

Mitt Romney: 24%
Bobby Jindal: 19%
Chris Christie: 15%
Adam Carolla: 7%
Ron Paul: 6%
Walter Jones: 6%
Sarah Palin: 6%
Ernie Fletcher: 4%
Donald Trump: 4%
Fred Upton: 1%
Undecided: 8%

NEVADA:

Mitt Romney: 33%
Ron Paul: 12%
Adam Carolla: 10%
Chris Christie: 9%
Bobby Jindal: 9%
Walter Jones: 7%
Sarah Palin: 4%
Ernie Fletcher: 2%
Undecided: 7%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2018, 01:27:38 AM »

DEM Average Polling:

IOWA:

Barack Obama: 39%
Hillary Clinton: 30%
Russ Feingold: 20%
Phil Bredesen: 3%
Undecided: 8%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Hillary Clinton: 44%
Barack Obama: 39%
Russ Feingold: 11%
Phil Bredesen: 2%

NEVADA:

Barack Obama: 44%
Hillary Clinton: 38%
Phil Bredesen: 8%
Russ Feingold: 5%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Barack Obama: 53%
Hillary Clinton: 22%
Phil Bredesen: 19%
Russ Feingold: 3%
Undecided: 3%

FLORIDA:

Hillary Clinton: 42%
Barack Obama: 40%
Phil Bredesen: 8%
Russ Feingold: 6%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2018, 01:33:01 AM »

Endorsements from Turn Two:

Christie: Susana Martinez, Haley Barbour.
Romney: Brian Sandoval, Dean Heller.
Carolla: Adam Sandler, Dana Rohrabacher.
Paul: Thomas Massie, Gary Johnson.
Jones: Chuck Hagel, Brent Scowcroft.
Jindal: Jim DeMint, Marco Rubio.
Upton: Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski.

Feingold: Bernie Sanders, Sherrod Brown.
Clinton: Andrew Cuomo, Tom Menino.
Bredesen: Jason Altmire, Nick Lampson.

Clark: Blanche Lincoln, Stanley McChrystal.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2018, 01:44:02 AM »

Debate Winners:

GOP:

If the first GOP debate was considered to be a confrontational one, the second doubled down on such a view. The human target during the entire debate was frontrunner Mitt Romney, constantly challenged over his views on issues such as abortion and attacked by several of his rivals. Romney, to his credit, defended himself skillfully, but was percieved to have been drowned out on account of the multiple punches and while successully damaging Christie enough to deny him a debate victory, was percieved to have been one of the losers - the major one being Congressman Upton, whose remarks earned him constant jeers from the audience - at the debate.

With Carolla and Christie left somewhat behind - Carolla giving a solid but not memorable performance and Christie damaged by attacks -, the top spot at the debate was fought between Paul (considered the likely fourth place), Jindal (who did well, but was seen as just third best) and a surprising tie between Congressman Walter Jones and Governor Ernie Fletcher, both considered longshots at the nomination. Benefiting from blows against Romney without having to suffer attacks of their own, combined to well recieved answers against the establishment (in Jones's case) and defending conservative values (in Fletcher's case), both men were percieved to have won the debate, helping their respective polling surges.

DEM:

With President Obama not attending most networks predicted low viewership, but to their surprise the 2nd Democratic debates featured strong numbers of audiences and some significant commentary in social media. All in all, the debate was considered to be a curious three way tie as all three challengers played to their respective bases, Bredesen and Clinton starting strong but failing to achieve total victory on account of the jabs they traded. It was agreed by pundits what hurt Clinton the most was Bredesen's comments on her ambition - although she was percieved to have a very strong moment when explaining her loss in 2008 -, whereas Bredesen was hurt by what many saw as poor preparation, given his strange apology over Libya and gaffes such as refering to "Senator Ron Paul".
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2018, 02:01:20 AM »

3rd Democratic Presidential Debate:

Note: All Democratic candidates are invited to attend. Due to the advantanges of incumbency President Obama will not take an automatic hit if he refuses to debate. You have a right to reply to other candidates, but don't make it a ten post argument. Finally, you can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2018, 02:22:07 AM »

3rd Republican Presidential Debate:

Note: All Republican candidates are invited to attend, and you can of course reply to other candidates briefly. You can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2018, 04:33:10 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2018, 07:56:58 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen Debate Answers

Honestly, I think the kids should decide what they learn and how they learn it. Nowadays, there is a great many things one can do now than one could do when our current education system was first established. People continuesly say our education program was created during the industrial revolution and unfortunately, I agree. From Grades 6 and up, Algebra, Geometry, History, Geography, Science, and reading shouldn't be mandatory. It should be a choice. What should be Mandatory is what I consider the real essentials of Life: Personal Finance, How to raise a family, Basic politics (Mainly about the parties and where they stand), basic first aid, mental health. That is the most important thing to learn in school. Not -b+- the square root b squared - 4ac/2a. That is insane. It's absolutely insane. They make kids learn that and other very unnecessary things and people wonder why our work force is shrinking and more kids are depressed. The solution is to make that stuff a choice and teach kids what they will actually need in life.

I said this a while ago in my Announcement Speech but let me specify what I mean by it. I want to bring the Democratic party to a more Centrist platform. I want the party to go across Party Lines and vote on bills that can help America. Bills that can aid our country. Our party is controlled by Mainly progressives and look where that has gotten us. Our party has forgotten it's Centrist roots and that's a major why we are so unpopular as right now. Once our party is Centrist, it won't fix everything, but it'll give Republicans a harder time to Fight with us on bills.

Now first, I want to state this fact: I am not a republican, I'm a Centrist Blue Dog Democrat. For cutting Government spending, it seems what is most unpopular in our party as of right now may actually be helpful for our nation. Yes, I cut State spending in 2003 by 9% while I was governor of Tennessee. I stand by it, however. During the Economic meltdown of 2007, the states suffered but there were a few shining examples. Tennessee was one of them during that time. We didn't just get through it, we prospered and thrived without introducing an Income or a Sales tax. I want to be able to do the same for our Nation. If I can have the same success by cutting Government spending by 5-10%, along with the 20% corporate tax rate and my tax bracket, we can jumpstart the Economy and get it working like it should be because this Economy and more of the same like it being suggested just isn't helpful.

Closing Statement

These ideas are not the ideas of a Republican-ite, which I feel some, especially my opponents, may label me as. I am not, however. I'm a Centrist and what that means is I don't want America to go completely to the left or completely to the right. During the 90s, we had a Centrist president and we, as a nation, thrived because of it. America, it's time to try centrism again. Thank you for allowing me to be here, it's been an honor.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2018, 05:00:56 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2018, 05:06:33 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen Campaign in November part I (November 1st- November 10th

November 1st-November 4th: Rallies in Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Iowa, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, and South Carolina on Immigration, Taxes, Healthcare, Industry, and Economic reform.

November 5th: Rallies in Arkansas, Kentucky, Virginia, Alabama, and Kansas on Foreign Policy, Trade reform, and Tax reform while an Anti-Establishment Rally in Nashville, Tennessee

Hello Nashville! *Audience Cheers* It's good to be home after a long while. I want to thank all of you for your support for me. We are not done yet and I doubt we ever will be. I have received some pretty interesting information, however. There are those in the Establishment that completely and utterly despise me because of all my stances. Well, Good! *Audience cheers and laughs with Bredesen* This is the Same Political establishment that ruined our Economy. Why should I want their 'love' when I have more than enough from all of my supporters? The answer is I shouldn't. This Campaign, unlike those of the President, Senator Clinton, and Senator Feingold, is completely supported and done by you and for you! Thank you for allowing me to achieve the label of Anti-establishment Candidate, it's a great honor! *Audience Cheers loudly as he leaves, before he stops for a moment, and then walks into the crowd to meet as many people there as possible.*

November 6th-November 10th: Rallies on the previous ideals and the Anti-establishment title in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee, North Dakota, Iowa, Alabama, Nebraska, Montana, Indiana, West Virginia, South Dakota, Arkansas, Missouri, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Louisana, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:18 AM »

Phil Bredesen Ad on Obama's Economic Policies labeled 'Appalachia Suffers'

President Barrack Obama

You constantly talk about the idea of Alternative Energy and all of it's benefits, despite there being proof that being completely dependent on Alternative Energy doesn't work out.

In the process of promoting the false energy, you have forgotten a group that puts everything on Fossil Fuels

These people who work in Coal mines and Oil drills day in and day out have only that job to help them feed their families and because of their hard work, we get actual power and a reliable energy source and now you want them out of the job?

For Shame, Mr.President. For Shame.

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this message.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 02:23:25 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

November 7th, 2011

Hello, this is Wolf Blitzler of CNN and we have a special interview with Democratic Candidate for the 2012 election, Former Governor of Tennessee. Phil Bredesen. Thank you for being here, Phil.

It's great to be here, Wolf.

Now, I would like to ask you a handful of questions as I know you have a busy schedule today. 1. Many Democrats think your apology over Libya was 'strange.' Mind telling us why you did it?

Well, Wolf, I thought about the days after the first debate and realized right after Gaddafi's death that my stance was a bit too extreme, so I decided to change it and publicly apologize for it. I prefer Honesty over doubling down and admitting you were wrong for a Candidate than anything else so that's what I did.

2. Recently, there have been a few hundred arrests from the 'Occupy Wall Street' movement. Thoughts on these arrests?

I believe in Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Expression. Those citizens have an absolute right to protest, peacefully and I emphasize protesting peacefully, so they shouldn't be arrested. Those who have been turning protesting into violent rioting should be arrested however as not only are they tainting a good cause, they're causing property Damage and disturbing the peace in a way the peaceful protestors aren't.

3. Recently, People have been calling you an Anti-Establishment candidate and you have accepted that title. Mind telling us why?

Well, Wolf, I have accepted the title because I am not an establishment candidates. I want people to fund me the way Howard Dean's Campaign was funded in 2004. No Super PACs and no mainstream establishment types. I'm a candidate for the people and the Establishment aren't for the people, they're against it. I'm just the angry hammer people are using to shatter the glass of the establishment.

4. You have been found as calling President Obama a liar and have even challenged his idea of Diversity of Religion. Mind telling us why?

Listen, Wolf, the reason why I said that is obvious. In 2008, Barrack Obama campaigned on Change. Back then, we didn't know what his change was but by now we do. And it isn't good. Obama promised a change in Unemployment, there hasn't been one. Obama promised a change in the debt, there hasn't been. Obama promised a change in the economy, yet we're still in a recession. Obama promised things he couldn't do. He has lied and is thus a liar.

For the Religious diversity thing, I don't think a person who practices religion should be forced to do what goes against their religious beliefs. For example, if a Christian bakery doesn't want to serve a Gay couple, then that should be respected. Only if they go violent should these people not be trusted.

But Mr. Bredesen, wouldn't that enable Hate groups such as the Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK?

Wolf, that is a real concern. As much as I despise those people, however, I respect their right to their opinions. As long as they aren't violent about it, I really don't mind them. The moment they're violent, however, I will slam the hammer of the law right down on them. Violent activities is something that indisputable against the law and these people will deserve it if they attack or kill anyone, especially because of their skin color or sexuality

7. During the debate, you said SENATOR Ron Paul. Did you mean Representative Ron Paul and just Misspoke?

Yeah, that was a big mistake on my part. I was caught in the moment and I forgot that Ron Paul was and is still a representative. I think we all have the moment when we mix up words, yes? I do apologize to the mistake and I admit that if I lose a little support in the polls because of it, I won't mind it because I knew I made a gaffe.

8. When you talk about a partial repeal of Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act, what do you mean?

Well Wolf, I have stated that it needs some work. One large National healthcare company can't really work out and it shows as premium's are predicted to be almost completely unaffordable by 2018. The Supreme Court is looking at the Constitutionality of it, as we all know. I want to partially repeal by splitting it into 50 different brands and those brands split into multiple companies for every state. The more the competition, the better the Healthcare.

9. You are calling yourself as a Blue Dog Centrist Bill Clinton-style Democrat. There are those in the progressive wing of the party who claims they are out of touch with the average democrat. Mind putting your thoughts in?

From 1993-2001, our nation boomed and expanded rapidly, we actually got laws passed with a Republican congress and Democrat Congress. We had a $5.6 Trillion surplus and our Economy was doing amazingly well. That was under Centrist Bill Clinton as President. I want to do the same thing. The American people have shown their disdain for the Progressives who claim they stand for the entire party and America in 2010. They aren't the group to lead. I will, as a centrist, allow laws to be passed even with a Republican congress because I can work across party lines and get the job done. The progressives can't. That's a fact, Wolf.

Thanks for being here, Phil. That was all.

Thank you, Wolf. It was an honor being here too.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2018, 11:54:01 AM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla Debate answers
1.Mr. Carolla, one of the main points of what is considered to be Libertarianism is the view of a small government, often a dramatically small one. Just how small or how large do you think government should be?

Carolla:The way the founding fathers wanted it to be. defense, military, the courts and the police.
I said this before and I will say it again. I want a government so small I can barley see it.  If the founding fathers of this great country saw how big the size it is now and how many taxes there are they would be rolling in there graves!!!  We had a revolution over this sort of issues!

I’m asking to make things very simple. Obey the constitution,Limit the size of government,be concerned of the accumulation of power no matter what party is in charge and balence the budget.  

Don’t regulate this country to death and make us competitive worldwide by reducing our corporate tax rate.  We have the highest cooperate income tax in all of the planet. So we gotta reasses who we are as people.

We spend and tax this country so much a government shutdown in the future is likely!

And to me it’s very simple! Let’s be for liberty and let’s be for a constitutional reform of our size of the government and balence our budget every year and in that cause I am going to fight for you and I hope you are there with me.

We gotta unleash the Amercian dream and like my campaign motto says let’s defeat the Washington machine!!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2018, 12:29:35 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 11:26:31 AM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla debate answers part 2

2.- As unemployment remains close to 10 the issue of unions continues to gain relevance in domestic politics. The question is, where do you personally stand on unions, and do you support the idea of right-to-work laws?

Carolla:Well I support right to work I think it’s it will help out Labor Unions and Unions in general.  Look I feel your pain also coming from a poor family.  I’ve talked to these people in Nevada and Iowa where I campaigning on reforming NAFTA and so called free trade.  I would love to see as President voluntary unions that are not restricted from big business telling them what to do.  I would love to see those people and their groups be freely to do whatever they want and prevent them from monopolies created by the government in the first place. And as President I will stop government controlled monopolies from getting into those unions and creating disasters.

As President I will put working families first over corporations!!

Now as for more on Right to Work here’s why I think it’s is good for our country.

The idea that Working Americans should be forced pay dues to a labor unions is just well plain Un Amercian. This act will remove from these provisions which gives union officials the power to corral workers and their money under union monopoly control. As President I will not add any restrictions to any existing law. Rather I will remove from labor law those provisions which give union officials control over Amercian workers who must either comply with the union bosses demands or else they will be fired.

So that is why I think Right to work is good for Amercian union and labor unions.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2018, 11:14:27 PM »

Carolla campaign answers part 3
3.Iran is now at the front of the newspapers after the UN expressed misigivings about the Iranian nuclear program, warning of the potential for Iran to obtain nuclear weapons. Should Iran be allowed to develop them, and what will you do as President on this issue?

Carolla:Well as President I promise not to declare war on anyone unless they have are seen as a actually threat and unless it is constitutionally apporirate.

If Iran develops weapons of mass destruction I will send in peacekeepers from that happening and I will make with war Iran a last resort. Think about the Cold War and how we were on the brink of nuclear destruction we were able to instead of decorating a boots on the ground War we where about to peaceful tell them to don’t do it don’t nuke us into a million pieces. 

So if it perfectly worked with Soviets and the Chinese back in the day I think it could perfectly work with Iran today

I personally believe I am find a peaceful way to stop this program and unlike in Iraq I will not lie about false WMDs in Iran

However I feel like this current administration is weaking our relations with Iran is making them want to create such a weapon of destruction and I don’t that to happen.

I will be a strong commander in chief and have both of my eyes wide open with my Milltary to keep a eye on this and watch to see if they would ever try to put this off.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »

Campaign Schedule, November 2011

Schedule:
November 1-14: South Carolina
November 15-17: Georgia
November 18-24: Iowa
November 25-27: Maine
November 28: New Hampshire
November 29-30: South Carolina (again)

South Carolina (November 1-14)
Rally in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Florence
Rally w/ Sonny Perdue in Columbia
Fundraiser w/ Sonny Perdue in Myrtle Beach
Town Hall in Hilton Head Island and Clemson
Meet & Greet across all of South Carolina

Key Issues: Abortion, economic recovery, income tax cuts

Georgia (November 15-17)
Rally in Augusta
Publicly Endorsed by Gov. Nathan Deal at Atlanta Rally
Fundraiser in Macon and Marietta w/ Sonny Perdue and Nathan Deal

Key Issues: Immigration reform, education reform, record of consistency

Iowa (November 18-24)
Rally in Sioux City and Ames
Town Hall in Davenport and Dubuque
Fundraiser in West Des Moines
Meet & Greet across all of Iowa

Key Issues: Farm Subsidies, balancing the budget, education reform

Maine (November 25-27)
Fundraiser in Portland
Rally in Augusta
Publicly Endorsed by Gov. Paul LePage at Rally in Augusta

Key Issues: Education Reform, Retirement Benefits, economic recovery

New Hampshire (November 28)
Fundraiser in Manchester w/ Gov. LePage

Key Issues: Economic Recovery

South Carolina (November 29-30)
Fundraiser in Rock Hill w/ Gov. Nathan Deal
Town Hall in Anderson
Meet & Greet across South Carolina

Key Issues: Education Reform, record of consistency

Campaign Staff Operations
  • Social Media Grassroots expansion
  • Calling landlines
  • Knocking door to door, mostly in early states
  • Spreading the campaign message everywhere

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »

Adam Carolla campaign update

Carolla campaigned in Florida in the first week on Right to Work laws and on corporation reform.

Carolla campagined on a new issue the next week in New Hampshire on aduting the Federal Reserve calling it a “political banking cartel” and The negative effects it has on the economy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies