Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26284 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2018, 08:51:15 PM »

Forward?
A 2012 Election Game

RCP Average:
President Obama's Approval Rating:

Approve: 41%
Disapprove: 52%
Undecided: 7%

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 49%
Barack Obama: 45%
Undecided: 6%

President Obama marches into September 2011 with low approval ratings, having bounced somewhat from his lowest score in June 2011 but still far behind the numbers that could guarantee his survival to the upcoming primary and his own reelection as President. Still, some hope can be found in the White House on account of the Republican field proving divisive among the electorate, to the point in which a substantial group of voters who disapprove of the President's performance would likely still vote for him when opposed to most of the Republican field, a key factor in retaining the competitiveness of President Obama.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2018, 09:45:17 PM by Lumine »

Turn One: At the Firing Line:
September 1st to September 30th, 2011

In the News!

Protesters march on Wall Street, "Occupy Wall Street is born"
Thousands protests inequality, unemployment and bailouts, Zuccotti Park occupied by activists

An end to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
US Military allows gay and lesbian personnel to declare sexual orientation

Fears of Recession as Dow Jones falls
A sustained decrease in the Dow Jones Industrial Average has economists increasingly worried

War in Libya grows more violent, NATO reacts:
As the death toll rises, Sarkozy and Cameron pledge support to provisional leaders

Turner defeats Weprin in House seat:
Republicans stun White House after capturing Weiner's seat with 54% in special election

1.- Turn: This turn lasts across the whole month of September. As such, it's not meant for players to post an exhaustive schedule of every day (you can do so if you like though), but a turn focused on spin, messaging and the general strategy of each of your candidates. Messaging and the debate performance will matter greatly due to the volatile primary electorate, allowing candidates to rise and falls during the three monthly turns before polling stabilizes a bit in December.

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Mitt Romney: 21%
Sarah Palin: 19%
Chris Christie: 13%
Donald Trump: 12%
Ron Paul: 9%
Bobby Jindal: 8%
Saxby Chambliss: 3%
Walter Jones: 2%
Adam Carolla: 2%
Fred Upton: 1%
Undecided: 9%

Republicans: Mr. Fix-It and the Barracuda:

Amidst great expectation of a large primary fields, it was a shock to many observers to see many potential candidates decline to run for President for various reasons (ranging from familiar to a percieved lack of funds), allowing some of the predicted candidates to stand aside several darkhorses or far less expected candidates for the GOP Primaries. The leader-tier, so to speak, is currently comprised by frontrunners Mitt Romney, establishment darling, and Sarah Palin, known as the "Tea Party Queen" to some. Both represent starkly different wings of the GOP, both with their own staunch supporters and a set of weaknesses and strenghts that makes for a very competitive fight between both.

The mid-tier of competitive candidates is then followed by four strong choices in Governors Chris Christie  and Bobby Jindal, Representative Ron Paul and of course, the bombastic entrepeneur Donald Trump. Whereas Christie and Jindal offer different faces of conservatism and different styles of leadership, Ron Paul is buyoed by his small but dedicated group of followings, giving "Dr. Paul" a strong following in the internet and across the libertarian wing of the GOP. Mr. Trump, on the other hand, entered the campaign on a shocking opening speech which many branded as racist towards Mexican-Americans. Despite the fury caused by his statements Trump rose high for a moment, before stabilizing close to 12% amidst media attacks.

Rounding up the field in the "dark-horse" category are the remaining four candidates, all of which have managed to keep themselves on the public eye by polling at least 1% of more. The more notable of those is Senator Saxby Chambliss, originally thought to be a mid-tier candidate before crippling his candidacy almost at the start after highly questionable comments were made towards Governor Jindal. While Mr. Trump's far more offensive comments have prevented Chambliss from entirely sinking, his campaign starts September at a low. Congressmen Jones and Upton despite showing potential have not been able to garner much interest of attention, and so depend on good public performances to raise their profile. Finally, radio personality and comedian Adam Carolla has fought a spirited campaign despite starting with poor name recognition, boosting himself to 2% by early September.

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Barack Obama: 51%
Hillary Clinton: 30%
Russ Feingold: 7%
Phil Bredesen: 6%
Undecided: 6%

Democrats: 2008 Mk2: Electric Boogaloo

The Democratic primary challenges to President Obama have been in full-swing for the past few weeks as Hilary Clinton, Russ Feingold and Phil Bredesen have all challenged what they see as a weakened incumbent from different wings of the party: Feingold from the more progressive Democrats, Bredesen claiming the return of the Blue Dogs (and striking a populist tone) and Hillary Clinton reviving her broad coalition of allies and supporters from 2008, emphasizing the economic fears in a tone which was both well recieved and resembling of her more successful lines against Obama around the time of the Ohio and Texas primaries back in the last Democratic primary.

While a challenge to any incumbent has always been a tough proposition, all three candidates have found their own successful place in the polls. Secretary Clinton enters September with 30% of the primary electorate behind her and within shot of inflicting serious harm to the President, whereas Feingold and Bredesen's respectable 7 and 6% are thought to be decent points for a more successful performance (private polling from the DNC appears to suggest both Bredesen and Feingold stand a shot a winning primaries should they expand their support). The President, on the other hand, struck a hopeful tone at the start of his re-election campaign, retaining a clear lead and taking advantage of the percieved divisiveness of Clinton. On the other hand, the economic downturn of the past weeks has weakened the President's standing, leading pundits to stress the White House would do well to take the pretenders seriously.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »

GOP Average Polling:

IOWA:

Mitt Romney: 19%
Sarah Palin: 19%
Donald Trump: 16%
Chris Christie: 12%
Ron Paul: 12%
Bobby Jindal: 9%
Saxby Chambliss: 2%
Walter Jones: 1%
Adam Carolla: 1%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Mitt Romney: 27%
Chris Christie: 19%
Donald Trump: 16%
Ron Paul: 13%
Sarah Palin: 6%
Bobby Jindal: 5%
Adam Carolla: 3%
Walter Jones: 2%
Saxby Chambliss: 1%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Sarah Palin: 20%
Mitt Romney: 20%
Bobby Jindal: 16%
Saxby Chambliss: 9%
Chris Christie: 8%
Donald Trump: 7%
Walter Jones: 6%
Ron Paul: 4%
Adam Carolla: 1%
Undecided: 8%

FLORIDA:

Mitt Romney: 24%
Sarah Palin: 18%
Chris Christie: 13%
Bobby Jindal: 12%
Donald Trump: 9%
Saxby Chambliss: 5%
Adam Carolla: 3%
Ron Paul: 3%
Walter Jones: 1%
Undecided: 11%

NEVADA:

Mitt Romney: 27%
Sarah Palin: 16%
Donald Trump: 15%
Ron Paul: 8%
Chris Christie: 7%
Bobby Jindal: 4%
Walter Jones: 4%
Adam Carolla: 4%
Saxby Chambliss: 2%
Undecided: 12%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 10:17:54 PM »

DEM Average Polling:

IOWA:

Barack Obama: 46%
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Russ Feingold: 15%
Phil Bredesen: 4%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Barack Obama: 47%
Hillary Clinton: 35%
Russ Feingold: 8%
Phil Bredesen: 3%

NEVADA:

Barack Obama: 54%
Hillary Clinton: 32%
Phil Bredesen: 3%
Russ Feingold: 3%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Barack Obama: 61%
Hillary Clinton: 19%
Phil Bredesen: 13%
Russ Feingold: 2%

FLORIDA:

Barack Obama: 46%
Hillary Clinton: 37%
Phil Bredesen: 7%
Russ Feingold: 3%
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:28:03 PM »

Adam Carolla Reacts to Trump’s announcement speech in New Hampshire

As much I enjoy watching Donald Trump in the Apprentice I did not expect this announcement and tone of it what so ever.

This man is not going to be the nominee if he acts like this what so ever.  He is unfit to hold a public office what so ever!
*Crowd boos*

Also about this wall. The United States is not going to be able to afford such a project as that and if he did such a thing we would be so much in debt that it would take a fortnight to get it all down.

We are almost 20$ trillion dollars in debt and it will keep going that way if we keeping spending money on nonsense like this!!

However when and if I am president we will set a balence budget amendment and a government so small I can barley see it.

*Crowd cheers and starts shouting Carolla*
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 10:40:59 PM »

1st Democratic Presidential Debate:

Note: All Democratic candidates are invited to attend. Due to the advantanges of incumbency President Obama will not take an automatic hit if he refuses to debate. You have a right to reply to other candidates, but don't make it a ten post argument. Finally, you can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »

Carolla’s schedule for September 2011

Carolla spent the first part of the month campagining in Iowa and talking about ending NAFTA and all other free trade agreement.
Carolla quoted them as “Power to corporations more and less to working people and that it makes up less competitive”

Carolla said that he will fight for actually free trade and not restricted agreements.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »

1st Republican Presidential Debate:

Note: All Republican candidates are invited to attend, and you can of course reply to other candidates briefly. Since there are a lot of GOP candidates, the general questions are only two. You can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 11:59:25 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen Campaign for September Part I

Phil Bredesen would spend the days leading up to the Debate not only prepping, but also commenting on Obama's policies and stating his own ideas for a policy. Maintaining his harsh criticisms of President Obama, Phil would attack perhaps Obama's greatest accomplishment, the Affordable care act, stating that all it was doing was forcing Americans to pay for Healthcare. Healthcare that they didn't want. His Campaign would consist of him travelling in the states of Nevada, New Hampshire, Florida, South Carolina, Iowa, Michigan, and Tennessee. Here are some of what he stated in his rallies thus far:

September 2nd, 2011
Columbia, South Carolina (Attendance: 45,768)
Talks about Tax Cuts

Hello, Coloumbia. I must say it feels really good to be in another southern state. Give me a sense of the Home field advantage. *laughs* But Columbia, listen. These past few years have been hard on you, haven't they? You have had to deal with high taxes that you simply didn't want to pay for.
 All of America had to. Obama imposed high taxes in a seven stage bracket that,in all honesty, made little sense to begin with. All he has done is make sure the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
 That isn't the American dream last time I heard about it. I promise you, Columbia, if I'm elected to be president, I will work with both parties in congress to remove these harmful taxes that is hemorrhaging our poor. I will introduce a 3 tier bracket, one with 24% Taxes; 28% Taxes and 32% Taxes. That is want the poor citizen needs. Not high taxes, but manageable taxes that make sure they actually have a sustainable income. You have been amazing, Columbia. God Bless you!

September 12th, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
Rally on lowering Corporate tax rate (Attendance: 92,000)

Detroit, can I ask you, have you suffered? Have you felt the change Obama promised you? From what I can see, the answer if yes but it's not the positive kind of yes. Booming steel industries that you once worked for, Factories that gave you an Honest Day's pay, gone. It is, in all honesty, the fault of Obama. He raised our Corporate Tax rates to the Highest in the world and thus, our jobs, YOUR jobs, have been forced to leave or get taxed harshly. I don't think that's fair to you. I don't think that's fair to the companies. I don't think that's fair to anyone. I want to give America Back her Jobs. Trust me when I say, support me and I'll get those jobs back for you. I will lower the Corporate Tax Rate from the 30th percentile to 20-22%. This will encourage jobs to return to America. This will encourage economic growth, but more importantly, this will mean you won't have to look your children in the eye and lie to them by saying everything will be ok even though you can't find a job. I hope you will look deep inside who you choose when it does come time to choose,
 for I will always be here, for you. God bless you all!
Cheers echo as Bredesen leaves the stage.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »

Phile Bredesen debate answers: Part I

Well, the answer is very obvious for that. We need to have limited government intervention in the Economy to keep it afloat but the biggest thing we need to understand is that giving Tax cuts and lowering our Corporate tax rates will give our economy a jump start that it hasn't seen in years. The reasons Small Businesses can't really branch out more is because of the high corporate tax rate that we have. The Bigger companies, like Ford, Toyota, Honda, y'know, the companies Obama drove out with his Corporate Tax Rate Plan, are actually important to our Economy. We can't tax them to oblivion. That idea is just stupid unless you want a constantly broken economy. Once these jobs return, we can begin to inject a steroid into the Economy for a good number of years. Jobs equals lowering unemployment which means a better Economy. That is a simple fact.

And then we need to lower and simplify our Tax cuts. Because of how high our current taxes our, the Rich can't invest in jobs, the stock market, or small businesses because they're afraid to be taxed to Oblivion from it. We lower our taxes, we get more investors. The investment in businesses, the higher the stock market gets. This is the Ideal Economy that America needs because the economy that Obama has given us isn't an economy, it's a failure.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 12:00:34 AM »

1st Republican Presidential Debate:

General Questions:

1.- It seems one of the main concerns of rank and file Republicans is the Health Care debate and the issues that come from Obamacare. If elected President, would you repeal Obamacare? What would you replace it with?

I'd once again like to take this opportunity to thank Lumine for this wonderful debate that he has put together, truly great work. Right then, I'll get straight to the point, if elected president, I will seek to completely repeal Obamacare. We don't need a replacement, we need the free market to run its course while lacking red tape. I am on board with Senator Rand Paul on this one, and actually would like to take this time to announce that he is the Chambliss Presidential Campaign selection for HHS Secretary if we are elected.

2.- As unemployment not only fails to drop but increases in some parts of the country, there is a spirited debate about the best way to create new jobs and lower unemployment for good. Why are you a better choice than your fellow candidates when it comes to creating jobs?

Why? Because I am the one to be born into nothing and made a man out of my self. I am the one with the business administration degree from the University of Georgia, I am the one who saw hard work up close as I worked my way through college in a bakery, I am the one who was on the Agriculture committee that had so many job creating innovations, until the job killig democrats took over in '06. I am qualified for this, believe me.

Candidate Specific Question:

7.- To Senator Chambliss: Senator, your campaign has come under very heavy fire over derogatory comments towards Governor Jindal, to the point in which the RNC has casted doubts on your campaign. Do you still believe it was wise to refer to the Governor in such a manner?

Yes, I do believe it was wise. The American people deserve to hear the truth no matter how nasty it may be. And there is much more, but I gave the American people a taste of what Governor Jindal is like. I did not just make those comments out of thin air, you know, they are grounded in truth, Governor Jindal made them that way, we just outed him. We also have some more information regarding Governor Jindal that will be released shortly.

Well, I'd like to thank The American people for hearing me out, and hopefully it is now clear that I am the best choice for America. Thank yall and God Bless Georgia and America!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 12:03:05 AM »

Gen. Clark announces surprise run:
Is America ready for a third party candidate?

September 1st, 2011:

When media outlets recieved the unexpected news that retired General Wesley Clark was going to make a surprise announcement on Little Rock, Arkansas, most reporters rushed to conclusions. Sensing the President's weakeness, so went the semi-official line, General Clark would jump as the fifth candidate in the Democratic field, possibly correcting the mistakes of 2004 to lead a potentially interesting (if potentially blocked by the Clinton challenge) campaign for the nomination of the party he had embraced for the past eight years.

It was therefore an utter shock when General Clark, after blasting President Obama (after being a key ally of his in 2008) and dismissing the GOP field announced his intentions to run for the White House as an independent, asking Americans whether the Democrats or the GOP were indeed a suitable choice and offering the voters the chance to "Try something new". The announcement, beyond shocking the Democratic National Committee and spurring dismay from the White House seems to have shifted the political balance to an interesting degree within hours of his announcement.

Indeed, while many voters remember Clark as an ultimately unsuccessful candidate in 2004 and a potential top-tier challenge in 2008, it seems little to no thought was ever given to the possibility of the General running as anything else than a Democrat. When the subject of a third-party candidate was raised, most speculation this year has focused on GOP candidates Ron Paul and Donald Trump, as well as New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. For the time being, a flash poll for the New York Times showed this potential result:

New York Times, Flash Poll:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 48%
Barack Obama: 43%
Wesley Clark: 4%
Undecided: 5%

While an interesting degree of disaffected independents and moderate Republicans would pose a significant part of Clark's potential support, more than half of it would come from the Democrats themselves, opening the polling lead for "Generic Republican" to five points ahead of the President. It remains to be seen whether this run for the Presidency will endure and overcome the psychological barrier that affects third party candidates.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 12:45:51 AM »

Thank you thank you South Carolina! Great to be here in Myrtle Beach, I am truly honored. I am Judson Hill, Campaign Manager for The Chambliss Presidential Campaign. And we are here to campaign for traditional Southern values (cheers). And we are going to do that by kicking out Obama and bringing back conservatism! This can only be accomplished with the right Republican nominee, and that is Saxby Chambliss, and not Bobby Jindal! (many cheers). Now y'all have heard a lot of Senator Chambliss' policies in his marvelous performance at the first primary debate (many cheers), but what y'all need to hear now is of another scandal regarding Bobby Jindal (many oo's and boos). Now we sent Don Huffines down to Terrebonne Parish after our counsel Ken Cuccinelli discovered a scandal while doing some research. Here it goes folks, a Farmer by The Name of Brian Bixby gave us this tape from his CCTV Camera, dated July 7th 2009 11:33am. Mr. Bixby is a chicken farmer and caught Bobby Jindal breaking into his property and chicken-diddling on one of his properties while in the area on a agriculture ingenuity trip organized by the LFB. I guess he just could not help himself, here we are distributing the flyers now:

(shocks and gasps) Now I have no idea what Piyoosh was doing, but he needs shoosh from this race. The presidency and America is better than this, do not elect this disgraceful man, god only knows what happens to em cows (thunderous applause and laughter)... See America, you needed to know the truth. Thank you for the opportunity to speak to y'all, and we are going to keep campaigning and working hard for the fate of America (applause). Thank y'all, and God Bless The State of South Carolina and The United States of America! (thunderous applauses and jeers).
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 10:10:37 PM by Senator Haslam2020 »

Clark for President, September Schedule:

September 1st, 2011:

Announcement

September 2nd, 2011:

Wesley Clark campaigned in Little Rock, Arkansas talking to local citizens and having breakfast with his Campaign members and volunteers.

September 3rd, 2011:

General Clark decided to drive to Charleston, West Virginia to pitch his message to coal miners and just normal citizens.

Charleston, WV Rally (Attendance: 5,348):

Supporters of Wesley Clark cheer as the General takes the stage.

”...People keep talking about Obama’s war on coal. I’ve seen it before my eyes, it’s like they’re trying to take your jobs! Look we can balance the need for a clean environment with peoples jobs, that’s perfectly reasonable. Politicians just don’t want you to believe that can be done. We absolutely need to tax carbon emissions and make sure coal mine waste doesn’t get into our drinking water, and start switching to newer types of energy slowly. We can absolutely keep towns and communities intact, though! Overall I’m for more green energy and such, but if we stop trying to immediately rid people of their jobs and look at a smart and strategic way to do this, everything can be solved!...”

*claps and loud cheering after Clark finishes his overall one hour speech*

Lunch at McDonalds with campaign volunteers in Charleston, WV.

September 4th, 2011:

Rally in Huntington, WV (Attendance: 7,604):

”...The Democratic Party has left West Virginia. Wanna know why? Because the Democratic Party abandoned its values! So they lost some previously very loyal supporters. I promise you, as President I shall be a hell of a lot more than loyal! We’re gonna change this country, and truly reform broken down policies!!! Thank you, and please help elect me President of the United States!!!...”

September 5th, 2011-September 9th, 2011:

Wesley Clark took some time off from the campaign trail and spent time with family, and flew to Oregon on the eighth in preparation for a major rally.

September 10th, 2011:

Rally in Eugene, OR (Attendance: 10,004):

”...Look at the despicable candidates on the Republican side!!! It’s crazy what they believe in. Yenno I like some of the more libertarian candidates issues on some policies but the rest... damn, it’s a circus with these people!!! It’ll be a third term of Dubya I tell you!! The President isn’t much better either, he’s just continuing to pull America down a very unstable path, and I as an American citizen can’t watch this any longer!!! *massive cheers from the crowd* I cant stand to see what’s going on. Some people ask why I’m running as an independent. It’s because both parties are broken. They’re not for you. They’re not for the common man. Look, I care about each and every one of you. Sure, I can’t talk to each and every one of you but I wish I could. Instead, I can make you a promise. To try and work every day as hard as damn possible to make your lives better, and to pull you up and keep you safe. You think some of these guys wake up every morning thinking that? You think some of these career politicians think of how to make peoples lives better every morning they wake up? The straight answer is no. Very few people think that way. I think that way, because if an elected official is lucky enough to be elected and entrusted, he needs to hold a lot of responsibility. You don’t get that with this current White House Administration, and you didn’t get it with the last one either!!!...”

September 11th, 2011:

All campaigning is paused in remembrance for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

September 12th, 2011:

Rally in Portland, OR (Attendance: 12,345):

”...Look at how the President of the United States parades himself like he’s accomplished something!!! Look at how he acts, when he’s being challenged by three serious contenders for the Democratic Nomination!!! Three!!! Now I have love for some of their policies, their true core policies which help the common man, but President Obama and the current Democratic Party Establishment don’t care about the common man!!! One challenger is bad enough, but three!?!?! Give me a break. I haven’t even gotten into his foreign policy yet, ugh. It’s a shame folks. It’s a shame. But, I have faith and confidence that the country will elect its first non partisan President this November. I have faith that we can restore our place in the world. I have faith that we can be that shining city on a hill. And I have faith that we can overcome all of our challenges if we work together!!! Thank you, Good Night, and God Bless America!!!... *numerous applause and balloons fill the venue*”

September 13th-September 16th, 2011:

General Clark has started setting up a national ground game and internet fundraising infrastructure. He will soon have a functioning volunteer campaign office in all fifty states. General Clark flew to Alaska on the 16th,

September 16th, 2011:

General Clark toured Anchorage before having a massive rally there.

Rally in Anchorage, AK (Attendance: 8,730):

”...I have faith that we can carry Alaska. You can see that both parties don’t care about how Alaska fares and can help Alaska move forward. You don’t see Mrs. Palin doing a lot to help Alaska either!!! Look at her, she’s acting like she’s President. She abandoned Alaska, abandoned it. If I was yalls Governor I would never leave, it’s so nice here. God, if she’s the nominee I’ll laugh. Y’all don’t wanna vote for someone like her. I don’t know who would be worse, Palin or a rock as President. They both got the same damn intelligence quota. The Republicans clearly don’t care about you, and the Democrats don’t either. Try something new. Try Clark. I’ll go to Washington the first day and I’ll be hitting the ground running, fighting for you. Fighting for Alaska, and fighting for America! Thank you!!!...”

September 17th-21st:

Rally in Juneau, AK (Attendance: 5,678)
Fly to California
Fundraising and Rally in Sacramento, CA (Attendance: 18,340)
Rally in San Francisco, CA (Attendance: 17,445)
Rally in Los Angeles, CA (Attendance: 34,008):

“...Damn! They couldn’t fit people in the venue!!! So we decided to have it outside, dang! That’s huge. See we’re really making an impact! Ah, I love it out here. The fresh air feels nice. Let me tell you California, Obama is no President for you!!! Look at how much people the President is deporting too!!! Now look, we need a border and a strong one. However, we need to be working and spending our resources on making it easier to become an American citizen, not deporting grandmas and parents of children, and valuable members of our society!!!...”

September 22nd-24th, 2011:

Wesley Clark takes a break from campaigning to spend time with family.  

September 25th, 2011:

General Clark boards an early morning flight to Cleveland, Ohio, and talks with some of the passengers on the plane. Many request a picture, even staunch conservatives had nothing but the best to say about the General.

September 26th, 2011:

Rally in Cleveland, OH (Attendance: 34,001)

”...My, oh my. We have over thirty thousand people here!!! I don’t remember the last time a third party has made so much impact!!! Damn!!! Thank you America!!! Hah, don’t y’all worry. We’re gonna get this country right back on track!!!...”

Rally in Cincinnati, OH (Attendance: 40,022)

”...I love your friend and former mayor, Dennis Kucinich!!! Wish that guy would endorse me already!!! He’s a good guy, you’re a lucky city, Cincinnati!!! You’ll be even luckier after together we can break the stranglehold of the two party system though!!! Damn, I watched both party debates over again and... it’s terrifying. There’s only a couple candidates who I wouldn’t be absolutely mortified by, but we can still do better. The front runners are atrocious! America can surely do better! And we will!!!...”

The remainder of September:

General Clark took the remainder of September off to spend time with family and call former political office holders. He also decided to have a text- livestream where he answered supporters’ and non supporters’ questions. By the end, everyone who had participated in the chat massively had nothing but the best to say about General Clark. He’s resonating.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 02:05:29 AM »

1.- It seems one of the main concerns of rank and file Republicans is the Health Care debate and the issues that come from Obamacare. If elected President, would you repeal Obamacare? What would you replace it with?

This is a good question, but one I will not answer the way my opponents will, we don't like 'big government', but this Big Government program is not Socialism like some of my fellow Republicans may call it. Obamacare provides healthcare for millions of Americans, Usually I think about how things are going to effect the people I know and love and those in my own district, but when I first read ObamaCare I knew it was going to be good for the American people, some parts of it are not the best, but we can repeal those parts and replace them with what is going to be best for the American people.

I will be accused of being a RINO, but Im not Im not a RINO and personally I don't like the terms and labels "Republican" and "Democrat" I like the term American that is what we all are isn't it? We are Americans We fought the British 200 years ago we fought the Nazis 70 years ago and We fought communism in the world for the last 60 years. We are all Patriotic in our own ways, but it doesnt matter if your Blue or Red Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal. We all stand in common on this stage and in this nation, we love our country and we will fight for this country.

My father worked for his living as did his father and many of you watching this debate right now do to, I did too we don't make all the decisions you the American people do, and the American people have spoken, They want ObamaCare and I will not disrespect the American people for what they want as that is not what the Representative of all of them is supposed to do.

2.- As unemployment not only fails to drop but increases in some parts of the country, there is a spirited debate about the best way to create new jobs and lower unemployment for good. Why are you a better choice than your fellow candidates when it comes to creating jobs?

Thank you, I only have a simple response to this one, Taxes! Taxes! Taxes! We cannot continue to tax these corporations at the rate we are now it will lead to ruin not just for the American way of life, but for the American People and our Economy. We don't need to lower taxes just on Corporations, but on the working man and woman too. In my Congressional District there is a town about the same size as the average American town, about 8000 people this town is called Three Rivers, and there is a factory there called American Axel this factor employees 2000 people in a town of 8000, this would be disaster if it left, and it is just trying to make a profit, but the Corporate Tax rate is just too damn high! The People there are represented by the UAW great people I have met with them multiple times and they agree the workers at the Plant are just trying to make a living but the Government is taxing them too damn high! Im not calling for the elimination of the Government, but Im calling for lowering the taxes just a little bit so we can let the harding working people of the UAW and all hard working Americans to have life be just a little bit easier out there.

10.- To Congressman Upton: Congressman, in your open speech you noted the need for bipartisanship and you have been noted as one of the more moderate candidates in the race, if not the most. Do you think such views are really in tune with the primary voters?

People say the extreme wins votes in primaries, it doesn't what wins you votes in the primaries, is electability we have had an alright Presidency these years under President Obama, but we don't need "alright" what we need is a return the days before the Iraq War before this large Budget deficit and before the disasters of the last 40 years, I want not a return to Reagan or Bush or Clinton, but a RETURN TO NORMALCY! God Bless you all and God Bless the United States of America!

(WGH Please dont sue me)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 04:08:23 AM »

Phil Bredesen Debate Answers Part II

Well, Their intentions are good, I'll give them that. I'm all for ending unemployment, inequality, and bank bailouts, but the thing is, protesting does nothing. That's just a fact. If protesting did do something, then Obama would be replaced b a republican right now, which would indeed be awful. They are unintentionally disrupting the economy by doing this as because of this, people who are just doing their job can't do their job, leading to slower growth in the economy, leading to more inequality and unemployment, which will in fact lead to even more protesting.

It's a cycle that will always repeat itself because the big people at Wall Street won't care about you. The only real way to inact change is to vote with your gut. Will vote for the man who allowed all this to happen or will you vote for someone fresh and new who will bring health to the Economy and will shrink unemployment, inequality and our debt and will not do a single bank bailout for the big banks. I will also stamp out corruption, greed and other such nonsense for by having my own independent, private investigator looking at these allegations and finding out who is guilty and who isn't sure we can clean up wall street.

I say this: I will not turn Libya into another Iraq. We are still reeling back from Iraq when all the chaos in Libya started that we can't get involved unless it is very necessary. Despite being a tyrant and a megalomaniac, oppressing his people and keeping them from their civil rights, there is no denying that Gaddafi is a stabilizing force in the region, much like Saddam was in the middle East until we got rid of him. With that being said, I think we should sit and watch to see if someone who truly holds democratic values and do not act like total Animals appears. If there is no such group, then we will financially support Gaddafi to at least see an attempt to return to stability. Nothing more, nothing less. the moment the civil war is finished, I will pull all financial funding from Gaddafi and challenge his oppressive regime. There can be no mistaking that this could be another Iraq and we must tread very, very carefully.

I don't know, why don't you look at the Gubernatorial election of Tennessee in 2006 and tell me. *laughs* but in all seriousness, A majority of us are "out of touch" with most Democrats, but that's because these liberals are on a slippery slope. You are already seeing the massive following Senator Bernie Sanders has. Now let's make it abundantly clear that I am not a fan of Bernie Sanders nor do I enjoy any of his policies. He is taking young Democrats who don't know anybody and turning into hardline socialists without any of them actually looking into it and seeing how much socialism ruined several countries.

But to really answer your question, I don't think there is a contradiction that the Blue Dog Democrats are a better choice for Democrats. After all, Bill Clinton was a blue dog and He was given a ton of support by Everyone. 8 years later, Our economy was doing great, we had a large National Surplus, Unemployment was almost a non-factor. Look at my track record in Tennessee and compare them to Bill Clinton. In your eyes, I may be an elite conservative who thinks to highly of himself, but I am just like any other Democrat through and through. The only real way for you to know if I'm good for you is to choose me and see if I will enact your Interests.

Closing Statements

Now America, you are 100% in your right to choose whomever you support. Support whomever you think will be the best for America, that is completely within your right to do so. But our Economy is on the downturn, our global standing is a joke, and our unemployment situation gets worse and worse. This is something that cannot go on. That's why I'm running, to be the candidate who wants to enact real change, not talk about but never do like President Obama has done. When it come time to vote, remember this: Do I want more of the same or do I want to give a blue dog who has really proven himself in his home state a chance? Thank you for letting me be here, it was great.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2018, 01:16:07 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen Campaign for September: Part II

September 16th, 2011
Des Moines, Iowa
Rally about Obama's "Change" (Attendance: 83,451)

"Hello, Iowa! I want to ask you a very specific question: Are you ready for Change? Crowd goes silent "I thought that would happen. 4 years ago you gave a man who talked about change your vote. Now where look where you are right now. Your state is in tatters, your religion threatened by Obama's 'Diversity'. That is not what a state as beautiful as this place should have happen to it. This state should be a place where everyone is free to their own religion and your own viewpoints. All of America should be. Obama has ignored that and do to his ignoring, you have suffered. I ask you if you want to continue to suffer. Do you think you're better now ago then you were four years ago? If you are, then the answer is obvious, but if not, well, there's always another option. Thank you, Des Moines! You've been great! God Bless you all!"

September 18th, 2011
Concord, New Hampshire
Rally on Freed Trade vs protectionism (Attendance: 17,942)

"Hello Concord! Great city, lovely state. Might move here if I ever retire one day. *laughs*In all seriousness, though, I'm here to talk about Free Trade vs Protectionism. Mainly, Protectionism. New Hampshire, you constantly trade away the goods you and other states made for little or no return meanwhile, countries like Japan, China, and Mexico get wealthy off of your hard work. That is not what I think when I see a good worker who's trying to make a living. Instead of you getting your money from what you make, other countries do and then they force us to pay even more to buy their things or the things that were supposed to be made over there. That. Is. Ludicrous. If you choose me, I will do the same thing to these countries what they're doing to us. I will raise tariffs to 50% for 4 months and then negotiate the countries. If they refuse to lower tariffs, then I will keep the tariffs in place until they do. Once That is done, we would secure a truly good job for trade so I do think it's time for change in that department. God Bless you all, great state of New Hampshire!"

September 20th, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Rally on Healthcare (Attendance: 91,435)

"Florida, Florida, Florida. God, it's great to be here, beautiful place, if a bit hot." *laughs with crowd* Now, let's talk about healthcare." *crowd Goes Silent.* "I had a feeling that would happen. We heave to talk about it though. Obamacare premiums are projected to rise by a few projectiles every few years that, by 2018, 50% of you will not be able to pay for them. That's ridiculous. Healthcare is something that should be a choice and should be easily accessible. Now, do I want free Healthcare? No, look at Canada for the reason why. The waiting lines for treatment for Cancer and other diseases are so long that some people don't even make it to treatment. That's the problem with free healthcare. Instead, what I want to do is repeal Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act, which is a bit of a contradiction by now, don't you think? and allow smaller healthcare businesses rule the market, keeping premiums and pricing at an affordable rate. Doesn't that sound Amazing, Tallahassee?" * Crowd Cheers Loudly* "God Bless you, I hope to see you even more on the Campaign Trail!"

September 20th, 2011
Knoxville, Tennessee
Rally on Foreign Policy (Attendance: 107,340)

"Hello, Rocky top!" *Crowd cheers and shout Phil's last name multiple times until Phil signals for them to quiet down* "Thank you, Thank you. It's been great coming back here and seeing all the things that really matter in this state. Now, I want to speak with you about Foreign Policy. I got asked the question in the debate about Libya and I simply said that I would support Gaddafi only for the country's continued stability after the war there ends. Now, make no mistake, if there are any, and I do mean ANY, reports of crimes against Humanity from Gaddafi, I will pull all support from him and leave him to rot, because no tyrant that massacres their people deserves America's aid. Now let's get onto Iraq and Afghanistan. Both those countries have significant US forces there but for a perfectly good reason. To keep the peace there. We withdraw now, it's believed that both countries will back into the hands of tyrants. We can't let that happen. We Just can't. I want a permanent US deployment of 15,000 troops in Afghanistan and 27,000 US troops in Iraq for an entire term of President. After me, the next president can decide whether or not withdrawing the troops will be a good idea. It's not my call. I just want to make sure that both countries are stable for 4-8 years more before pulling out."

"Now, let's go to Pakistan. Fairly simple enough. If they have Al Queda locations and they aren't doing anything about it, they aren't doing their part in the War on Terror and the race to find Bin Laden. I dare even say that Osama is located somewhere in Pakistan and is being given sanctuary by them. If he is, then I think you agree with me when I say "Screw your borders, we're going in and taking him out!" *Crowd cheers as Phil leaves after giving a God Bless you to the citizens and prepares to leave for his last major stop.*

September 22nd, 2011
Reno, Nevada
Rally on Immigration (Attendance: 77,654)

"Reno, let's talk about immigration. Our border policies are very slack and thousands of illegal immigrants cross the border every year. Those who get deported STILL come back too. Now don't call me a Trump 2.0, I do not like the ideas that man are spewing. No, Mr. Trump, Not all Mexicans are drug dealers and not all of them are rapists. For the GOP to even consider electing someone like that to be their nominee shows how far they've fallen. Back onto my main point, Immigration is very Lax. that is certainly no lie. Because of that, Illegals come through practically every year with no real thing happening to them. Meanwhile, they take the jobs from legal immigrants and from average hard working Americans. I have two ideas to stop this issue. Part 1 is to build a long series of Fencing stretching from California to Texas. Once that is in place, we will have 5-10 guards per every section of fencing to make sure illegals don't try to get over it. You want to be here, you have to come here legally. Part 2 is to deport every illegal immigrant in this country and continue to deport them until they come here legally. If they don't come here legally, it proves only one thing, they are only here to take advantage of our generosity by not really doing anything. Now for one time illegals, there will be no punishment other than being sent back. For repeat offenders, however, I will jail them for 4 months and then send them back to teach them that coming here illegally is not the way. Thank you, Nevada, you've been spectacular!

Phil Would continue the rest of his campaign by visiting Ohio, Missouri, Texas, Wisconsin, New York, Virginia, California, and Arizona, delivering the same talking points that he did in the previous seven speeches. On September 30th, he would travel between Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Chicago, Louisville, Richmond, Arlington, and Albany to  give his speeches, do several fundraisers and raise his support among the Nation. Now, prepared for October, Phil Bredesen is ready to give the President and Senator Hillary Clinton one hell of a fight.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 09:11:53 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 09:16:13 AM by Jaguar4life »

ADAM CAROLLA’s PRESIDENTAL DEBATE ANSWERS ANSWERS

1.Well I have respect for Congressman Paul a lot actually and I appreciate what he has done for the liberty movement.
However I feel like he is too old to have another go and I feel like follow in his footsteps and run on a populist Libertarian platform like me.

As for differences well I am more moderate on some issues than Mr Paul like I want to reform Wall Street and separate corporations and the government for good.  

Another big one is despite the rumors that I would cut Medicare and Medicaid when Mr Paul wants to abolish.

I want to fix the broken mess of the system. You got too many scams and frauds and people cheating the system and I believe as President I will work with whatever House or Senate and fix these programs.

Also I don’t believe in no government. I believe in small government.

I feel my like beliefs are just like a Calvin Coolidge’s  rather than Paul’s. And I don’t think that’s a bad time.

2.Well as President I will go for a competitive free market health care that let you not the government decide and to try to fight the pharmaceutical from trying to preforming a monopoly of

Obamacare is a total gift to those type of groups.

Buying good healthcare and health insurance should be cheap and easy but it isn’t and President Obama’s has shown us this with his biggest lie yet “Obamacare”

And the fact that Mitt Romney as governor gave your people something like this and that ended horribly now wants to abolish something that he started in is a flip flop if there ever is one.

Mean Obamacare has been a total lied from day 1.  We would told that there would be no taxes but there ends up being several of them on this program. He said we could keep our doctor and plan and that turn out to be a lie. We were told premiums would go down but guess what? They went way up!

As a matter of fact Obamacare is just one big tax that is disguised as a healthcare system and President I will repeal and replace everything single word of Obamacare!!!

3.Well first as President I would cut back all job killing regulations especially the ones set in by the current administration.  Then I would cut enough spending to balence the budget and create a balence budget amendment so that we never have to go over the edge on government spending again.

Think about it we spend on things that we never use and and spend on things that don’t really work or we really care about.  And someone we forget about it

Then we are going to cut taxes and replace the IRS with a 15-20% flat tax. I promise a tax cut in every single bracket and income and rewrite the American tax code and make it simpler for all Americans and businesses. I am going to make sure that you will get more money in your pocket and in your paycheck.

I will gut all these uncalled for taxes like the death and the property tax.   As a matter of fact there are so many taxes you actually don’t even know of and you are paying of them and you do even know it.

Trust me I live in California and the amount of paperwork in taxes I have to play for is astonishing.

This hidden taxes and fees should be money that you should be in your hands not the governments.

Another thing killing jobs is these so called free trade agreements like NAFTA and CAFTA

They are not free trade what so ever. They are indeed the opposite of Free trade and have resulted in losing jobs to Mexico and China and to big corporations.  

I visited people in Iowa who’s jobs and living were destroyed over these deals and how we Americans should should take a second look at what we have done. Those hard good paying jobs were killed and got sent to another country only this time it’s made in worse conditions than before.

And as President in my first week I will repeal every one of these major fair trade deals and give those jobs to Americans again.

In conclusion yes I am not a politician however what I am is a American. I have been disappointed in recent years over this administration however I still have hope for this country. Not the hope that Obama and the Democrats want but a America where the government puts its people first and special interests last.
I said it before and I will say it again.  America is tired of a politician that is a liar and that acts all rebellious and tough until they get into office and turn out to be the exact same as the person before.

I unlike most of the people here are not being payed to say these. I speak from the heart I am being real here.  

So here’s my pledge to you. I will be a chief executive that will have the back of the country. I wouldn’t talk down to the people. I won’t be a divider in chief. I won’t be out there talking a big game without backing it up.

I believe we can get out there and get into business and go out there and create a more peaceful America and World.  Good night.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »

Obama debate answers

1. We are in a large amount of problems right now, but over the past four years, we have made many improvements. But for a second term, my plan is this. One, I will lower the tax rate for businesses. It is necessary for a short term lowering of strain on our businesses, so they can achieve their potential and hire more people. Jobs are what we need in a time like this. Second, we will make it much harder for companies to outsource jobs by ending deductions for those that do. Third, we will start to unleash the potential of alternative energy. This will not only propel us into a clean 21st century economy, it will also create millions of jobs at the same time.

2. The Occupy Wall Street protestors have a point. In some ways, they are similar to the Tea Party movement, in other ways, they have completely different political viewpoints. The most important thing we can do right now is those of us in leadership letting people know that we understand their struggles and we are on their side, and that we want to set up a system in which hard work, responsibility, doing what you’re supposed to do, is rewarded.

3. I believe that we shouldn't have are boots on the ground there. Eventually we are going to have major problems if we get involved in Libya. We could be getting into another Iraq war. We need to stop before we get into something dangerous.

1 (Specific): I believe that I am a well rounded Democrat on pretty much every issue. As to Senator Feingold and Governor Bredesen, they are both either too conservative, or too far to the left to address the conserns of American democrats or Americans in general. As for Hillary, there was a reason why people didn't want her to be the nominee four years ago. If she were elected, we would probably still be in Iraq, we would be in Libya, and we would have the blood of our soldiers on our hands. She is a good person, but her hawkish positions and conservative ideals make her a dangerous individual to nominate or hand the presidency to.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
September 1 to September 30, 2011

September 1 to September 4: Senator Clinton holds a series of events in New York City and the surrounding area. The schedule includes a meeting with members of the Center Against Domestic Violence, a tour of John Bowne High School in Queens, and a walking tour of New York City with members of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York. The Clinton Campaign has titled these events a "Listening Tour" that will help Senator Clinton "get to know the issues that are at the heart of the discontent in America". A fundraiser in the Hamptons was held, with former President Clinton in attendance.

September 5 to September 10: Senator Clinton's Listening Tour continued in New Hampshire. The Senator met with the Young Democrats of New Hampshire in Manchester and discussed the importance of youth turnout. She also visited several VFW and American Legion posts across the state, using the meetings to hear first-hand about the struggles veterans face in civilian life. Senator Clinton met with Governor John Lynch to discuss the budding drug crisis in the state. Senator Jeanne Shaheen joined Senator Clinton during her tour of the state.

September 11: Senator Clinton returned to New York City the morning of September 11 to attend a service at Ground Zero. After the service, she met with first responders from the attack and families of victims. No campaign events were held.

September 12 to September 21: Before leaving New York City, Senator Clinton went to Zuccotti Park and met with members of the Occupy protest in an effort to get a better grasp of their positions. She then took an Amtrak to Washington, D.C. for Senate business. Senator Clinton did not take part in any campaign events, but campaign offices were opened and field staff were hired.

September 22 to September 28: The Clinton Campaign's Listening Tour shifted to Florida at the end of September. Senator Clinton held meetings with Cuban refugees and discussed the state of Cuban-American relations. She took part in a roundtable discussion on climate change with Floridians affected by recent hurricanes, such as Ike and Rina. The Senator also attended a meeting of the Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Florida Senator Bill Nelson joined Senator Clinton during her tour of the state.

September 29 and September 30: Senator Clinton flew to Nevada after leaving Florida. She began with a tour of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where she met with members of the Student Government Association. She also attended a meeting of the College Democrats of UNLV and a meeting with several college administrators, discussing the rising cost of higher education with both groups.

On September 30, Senator Clinton held her first true rally of the campaign at Sam Boyd Stadium in Whitney, Nevada. She used the Whitney speech to promote her economic agenda, calling it "a plan for the working class". She laid out her proposal for tax cuts for the middle class, increasing penalties for companies with off-shore accounts, and introducing the summer Gas Tax Holiday. Senator Clinton lamented the Obama Administration for "listening to the financal analysts who say the economy is back on track. If the President and his staff actually got out into the street and talked to real people, they'd know what I've been saying for years. The Great Recession is not over. The stock market is abysmal. People are suffering. I'm here today to offer my hand, to help life up every America let down by this White House."
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 06:09:23 PM »

Adam Carolla’s anti war speech in Reno Nevada

President Obama’s has lied once again to the Amercian people.  He promised that there would be no wars and that he would see a troop withdrawal in Iraq.  But still I haven’t heard of a troop withdrawal. However I have heard of a troop surge of 10,000 into Iraq in 2012. *Crowd boos and chants lying Berry* and he is now gotten us into another possible endless war in Libya.  And to make it worse Hillary Clinton,Mitt Romney ,Sarah Palin,Donald Trump and most of the rest would probably do the same.

However when I am president I will get our troops out of Iraq and stop the Libyan crisis before it gets too out of hand.
*Crowd cheers*
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 06:38:15 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 07:25:13 PM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

Governor Jindal's Debate Responses

First, I'd like to thank Lumine for hosting this great debate.

But next, I'd like to show America that unlike other candidates, I don't just chant "repeal Obamacare!" I have a real plan once Obamacare is repealed. But first, let me quickly explain why we need to replace Obamacare, as it seems that explanations for Obamacare are in short supply.

The main problem with Obamacare is that to fulfill the requirements of making it a universal health care system, it uses charges and taxes to achieve this. A good example of this is the individual mandate. This makes Americans who currently don't have health insurance and don't or can't buy health insurance pay a fee to the IRS. Originally, the fee was capped at $280 a year. However, the fee will in the future be capped at just over $2000 a year, which many poor Americans can't afford. And the total costs to taxpayers over a decade will reach three trillion dollars. Another problem is that health care providers are simply pulling out of regional exchanges due to the costs imposed by Obamacare to maintain them. And with less insurers, there is less choice, and less choice is bad for competitiveness and citizens.

So how can we replace this system? Well, the simplest way would just be to wipe out Obamacare and leave healthcare to the free market. However, this does not ensure that citizens will get the best health coverage, as rising health care costs would come back like they were before Obamacare was implemented. Between 1975 and 2005, health care costs rose 2% faster than normal economic growth (per-person).

This is where my plan comes through. First, my plan would include refundable tax credits to offset the cost of paying for a new health care system while still being able to maintain it. Obamacare does nothing to address taxpayers' concerns, but my plan will. And, to ensure that those who use the system more get more back, these tax credits increase with age. But in addition to credits, there would also be a cap on the employer exemption, so that Americans can know that they have the freedom to choose where they want their insurance from without penalty of cost, but also the government would not go farther in debt. This is all the time I have for know, but I will explain more of my system in-depth on the campaign trail.

As Governor of Louisiana, I made sure that our unemployment stayed well below the national average during the recession. It never went over 7.8%, while the nation exceeded 10%. During that same period, Louisiana added over 78,000 new jobs and our private sector job growth was 5%, which ranked us in the top five states in the nation. Our year-over-year job count has grown for 47 consecutive months. Our total non-farm paid employment is at our state's highest total in history. And this has attracted growth. More people are moving to Louisiana than are moving away. And these newcomers are getting well-paid jobs, too. This has increased our state's average personal income by 15%, and is also at the state's highest level in history. More than $54 billion worth is being spent in our state now since I took office. Thousands of new jobs are being created in all cities in Louisiana, such as Lake Charles and Monroe, every day. How did I do this? I cut taxes, not only for businesses, but for average Americans also. And this is why both businesses and people are moving to my state. I plan to implement the same tax cuts on a larger scale, if elected President. I could keep going on listing my job record as Governor, but I think it's pretty clear. If you want jobs, you want Jindal.

3.- Governor, one of your most famous moments in the public eye has been your response to President Obama a couple of years ago, which was remarkably criticized as a poor media appearance and casted doubts on your ability as a candidate. Can you assure voters you can avoid repeating that experience?

I'll do one thing a lot of politicians won't do. I'll own up to my mistake. I was new to the political scene and I did not take enough time to prepare for the response. But in the weeks after, I soon learned failure is the beginning of success. And, in fact, while I would have loved for the response to turn out perfectly and for me to have boosted my national profile, I don't think I would be in the place I am now without that experience. I learned key lessons not only to apply to making speeches, but also in life. And I can say, because of that, I am far better prepared for holding the office of President than those who have not suffered a failure in the same manner, because they have not learned the same life experiences I have. In fact, I recommend all presidential candidates bomb a response to the State of the Union! (laughs) In all seriousness, I'd like to say two things to all of you who are concerned about my fitness as a presidential candidate based solely upon a speech I made three years ago. I have changed as person and a candidate since then, so don't expect the same failure. And more importantly, don't judge a book by its cover.

Response to Senator Chambliss:

First of all, Senator, you say that you "outed me" and that your comments were "founded in truth." Is fabricating a story that I was not born in America, when in fact I was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the truth? Second, you say that you have "some more information regarding Governor Jindal that will be released shortly." Is this a threat? America, this is the kind of man Senator Chambliss is. He first not only makes up complete lies to support his racist remarks, but he next threatens this campaign with a "release of information." Are these the qualities you want in a president, America? Do these qualities represent honesty and truth, two critical qualities in a person who will be the leader of the free world? Here's my rebuttal to the Senator: release whatever "information" you have. I'm not concerned. America will see right through it.

Closing statement

America, when we ended the last campaign for President, we thought we would see radical change. We thought our nation would be far improved by now. Well, we're now at the end of the President's term. And we can see that Obama's administration has failed the American people. He has changed America, but for the worse. Unemployment is at record highs, our economy is in shambles, and Obama is destroying our nation's standing in the world. We are no longer a world superpower; instead, other nations are dictating where our jobs and products will go. Now, I'm supposed to explain to you why I'm a better choice for president than the rest of these people on this stage. But I'll admit, almost all of these people on this stage will be a better option than Obama or one of his far-left opponents. But my Republican opponents are just "good enough". Let's not settle for "good enough". Choose a candidate that will create real change in America. Choose a candidate that will look out for all Americans, no matter how much money you have in your wallet. Choose a candidate that will rebuild our nation from the ground up, by proposing a real replacement for Obamacare and making sure that true conservative values will be back in government, while making sure that we will be cooperative in getting these values through. Choose a candidate that won't work for themselves, but for America. And most importantly, choose a candidate that will defeat the Democrats, and Obama, in 2012.

I am this candidate. And this is why I humbly ask for your vote, no matter what state you live in. Thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
September 2011 Debate

Clinton: If there's one thing that the American people can agree on, it's that this economy isn't working. For far too long, jobs have been scarce and even if you can find work, wages have been stagnant. Too many Americans are having to take on either extra shifts, or start second or even third jobs to pay the bills. This cannot last. Our economy must be fundamentally changed to work for everyone in the 21st Century. That is why I've proposed a three part strategy to get the economy back on track. First, we need to cut taxes on the middle class, to give people the freedom to either save some money or pay off some bills. Second, we need to pursue companies with secret off-shore accounts and aggressively punish them for avoiding their taxes. Third, we will create the summer Gas Tax Holiday, to help the American people save on gas during the busiest gas consumption season. These three steps, together, are the beginning of truly ending the Great Recession and restoring confidence in the American economy.

Clinton: Well, let me tell you. I met with members of the Occupy Wall Street Movement in New York the other day. Like many people, I'd heard about the Occupy Movement and I wasn't really quite sure what to make of them, so I took the time to go hear it directly from them. They're fed up with being ignored. That's their message, plain and simple: listen to us. Well, I'm listening to you. We need to have a discussion on income inequality in this nation. We need to make sure that every person actually has the opportunity to succeed by ending the continual cycle of poverty in America. I urge everyone in the Movement to remain calm and peacefully excercise your right to assembly. Your occupation of Zuccotti Park has made a statment, now work with us, work with me, to take your concerns and make it into a strong fiscal policy.

Clinton: Libya has been a problem for the United States and, really, the free world since Muammar Gaddafi came to power in 1969. The Libyan regime has supported militant forces, invaded other African nations, and caused the deaths of 270 people, including 190 American citizens, through its support of terrorists. The UNSC and NATO have authorized a No-Fly Zone over Libya and we are under an obligation to take part in that mission, as a member-state of the United Nations and NATO, and as a champion for human rights around the globe. The No-Fly Zone and naval blockade are the minimum steps we must take with regard to Libya. The minimum, however, is not what we should do. As the only remaining global superpower, we have an obligation to lead, but not an obligation to go it alone. Within hours of assuming office, I will be in contact with Prime Minister Cameron and President Sarkozy to develop a global course of action. I will not take any option off the table at this time, but I would be strongly resistive of putting American boots on the ground.

Clinton: To dismiss my candidacy as "an unnecessary division" to to white wash over the issues in this country. The economy has not recovered; people are loosing their jobs and those with jobs are struggling to pay the bills and put food on the table. Healthcare has not been fixed; there are people dying in their homes because they cannot afford to see a doctor or to fill a prescription. Iraq has not been stabilized; our soldiers, the Middle East, and the world are less secure and less safe now than they were when this President took office. My campaign is not an unnecessary division, it is completely necessary to give a voice to the voiceless and to remind this President that he is responsible to the American people, that they will hold him to account for his shortcomings.

Clinton: My campaign isn't about making life easy for the Democratic Party or for this President. My campaign is about giving a voice to the American people who this President has ignored. My campaign is about delivering people the hope and change that this President promised them, but failed to come through on. My campaign is about finally breaking the highest glass ceiling in the world and finally proving to every little girl in America that yes, you can become President if you're a girl. I'm not running for President of the Democratic Party, I'm running for President of the United States of America and I'm going to do what's in the best interest of this country. I've done it my entire career and I'm not going to stop now. People know who I am and what I stand for, and I stand by my record of accomplishment and progress.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »

Carolla responds to Congressman Upton’s Obamacare comments in the debate

Mr Upton what you just said is basically you want a diet Obamacare.

No there is nothing good about Obamacare what so ever.  Like I said earlier it is a tax basically disguised as a healthcare bill.

What you are basically saying is that you side with President Obama’s on healthcare mostly.

Doesn’t matter if you said you want to partly reform it. There will still be lots of taxes,  premiums and regulations.

Is that what you really want?

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 08:13:16 PM »

Feingold 2012

September 1-30

September 1-5: After declaring his candidacy in Wisconsin, Feingold traveled to Iowa, where he announced that he would be seeking to increase subsidies to farmers, as well as declaring his intention to pass laws preventing major companies from taking farmland from those who own it currently. He also met with local progressive leaders to secure their backing for his campaign

September 6-10: Feingold would spend this time in New Hampshire, announcing his belief that the state would be open to the ideas of a progressive administration, as well as his admiration for the state's independent streak and support for the idea of universal education, a pet project of former NH governor John Lynch.

September 11-18: Feingold would spend nearly all of this period travelling between the New England states, rallying support in particular from College campuses and working class Democrats in the state. He also attended a Jewish service in Vermont, attempting to make a play for the Jewish vote in the states before heading to new York for a surprise appearance

September 19-20
Feingold went to Zucotti Park and met with activists from the Occupy Wall Street movement, expressing his desire for increased banking regulation and the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act, while simultaneously expressing disappointment with the Dodd-Frank Act, which he called "watered down". He also recruited several campaign volunteers from the activists.

September 21-25: Feingold would spend these days in Nevada, meeting with voters not just from Las Vegas, but also the state's rural population. He hit the same notes he did in Iowa about restricting major corporations from buying off land owned by individuals. In addition, he expressed interest in the idea of a considerable middle and working lass tax cut, while increasing taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

September 26-30: Feingold spent this time touring the southern states, visiting many impoverished areas and college campuses, firmly staking his ground in the states. He met with many community leaders in the southern states as well, attempting to make a play for the black vote through meetings with local leaders.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies