Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:27:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26293 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2018, 10:12:46 PM »

JONES: NO TO LIBYA!

At an antiwar demonstration televised in Washington D.C., Congressman Jones made the following remarks:

Look at the death toll in Libya. Look at the damage suffered by the people. With our reckless foreign policy, we're leaving the Middle East worse off than it already was. This madness must stop now!

[. . .]

Mr. President, if you care about human rights and you care about seeing the well-being of the Libyan people, I beg you to show leadership and stop the carnage being waged by NATO. This is a dangerous path we're going down and we don't know the full ramifications of this conflict. It must end now or we will see the consequences 5, 10, and 20 years down the line. And we won't like it, folks.

[. . .]

The Iraq War has taught me many things. It made me realize that American men and women lose their arms, legs, and lives when we don't think through the consequences of bombs and bullets. I've put the photographs of the brave Americans who've lost their lives throughout my congressional office as a constant reminder that, while I'm still here on this planet, I must do the Lord's work and save lives. This is what is at stake here: not just American lives, but Libyan lives too.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »

Turn Two: It's a mad, mad world:
October 1st to October 31st, 2011

In the News!

Occupy Wall Street on the rise, goes nation-wide
Dozens of Occupy inspired protests across America, authorities losing control over Zuccotti Park

Muammar Gaddafi killed in Sirte!
Libyan Dictator gruesomely executed, Libyan insurgency claims victory

Economy doesn't show improvement, Greece close to default
Dow Jones continues to lower, Europe tries to avoid a Greek debt default

Boustany elected Louisiana Governor in GOP Landslide:
Rep. Charles Boustany smashes competition with 56%, no run-off necessary

Steve Job dies
Famous Apple business magnate and inventor dies at age 56

1.- Turn: This turn lasts across the whole month of October. Same rules apply to the past one.

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Mitt Romney: 24%
Chris Christie: 18%
Sarah Palin: 14%
Bobby Jindal: 12%
Ron Paul: 10%
Donald Trump: 7%
Adam Carolla: 5%
Walter Jones: 3%
Saxby Chambliss: 1%
Fred Upton: 1%
Undecided: 6%

Republicans: Christie and Jindal, challengers on the rise:

At the end of September it seemed a pattern had finally made its appearance on the GOP Primaries. Fully expecting the outspoken Tea Party challengers Trump and Palin to make Romney’s life impossible, pundits were stunned when both campaigns pulled out of the debates for unknown reasons and stayed away from the campaign trail. In the middle of increasing speculation on the seriousness of the Palin and Trump bids and with the more conservative wing of the GOP in an increasing panic, a significant polling shift took place across October, reinforcing a particular thread and creating new ones. The main element to remain was the consolidation of Mitt Romney as the GOP frontrunner as Palin began to implode, pulling leads on all five early primary states and running what was seen to be a well-oiled, tight-run ship that allowed him to capitalize.

However, such numbers also hid the fact Romney continued to have a low ceiling in the primary on account of the distrust conservatives had for him, reinforced by his latest speech on immigration. They needed someone to look to as an alternative in case Trump and Palin bolted before Iowa, and they found acceptable substitutes in Bobby Jindal and Chris Christie. Christie taking advantage of his blunt “no-nonsense” style and Jindal using his ties to different groups inside the GOP, both men showed credibility on the debate stage and well-coordinated campaign efforts that allowed for their substantial rise in the polls. Even if Tea Party conservatives have their reasons to have a certain distrust towards both Governors, they rapidly seized the moment to allow Christie to become a serious threat to Romney in Iowa and New Hampshire, and for Jindal to establish a very strong presence in South Carolina. Both men have a credible shot at becoming the “anti-Romney”, but some conservatives begin to wonder whether a Tea Party “white horse” may emerge to the rescue.

It was also a productive month by the so called “liberarian wing” of the GOP, which represented by three different candidates expanded their support on the polls partly due to disaffected conservatives. While Ron Paul’s prestige assures him the leading spot still and a strong position, Congressman Walter Jones has begun to be noticed, and radio talk show host Adam Carolla has made quite an impact as his bid for the presidency slowly becomes credible, mostly restrained by the libertarian views that make it hard for many conservatives to support him. On the downside are Senator Chambliss, whose credibility, polling and financial backing evaporated on the back of “Chickengate”, and Congressman Upton, who managed to become something of a standard-bearer for the ultra-moderate remnants in the GOP while tanking for most of the party after the debate and his praise for Obamacare.

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Barack Obama: 47%
Hillary Clinton: 33%
Russ Feingold: 9%
Phil Bredesen: 8%
Undecided: 3%

Democrats: All knives against the President

Amidst much speculation the Democratic Primary have heated up in a significant way as the primary season approaches fast, and President Obama appears to have a target on his back. Far from treating the White House with defence Senators Clinton and Feingold have harshly attacked the President on his record and profited from such attacks for the most part, whereas Governor Bredesen spared no possible line of attack. Launching a relentless wave of attacks on the President, Bredesen felt bold enough to call the President a “liar” and make several controversial comments on matters such as the President’s “diversity” on religion. Attending the debate but declining to enter the field to campaign, the President remains on a strong position, but he has lost significant ground to his contenders.

Of his two less powerful challengers, Senator Feingold has made successful moves to appeal to progressives and has begun to mount a credible challenge in Iowa, even if the more conservative wing of the party (and particularly the Democratic South) views him with disdain. Part of this is because of the Senator’s approach to the Occupy protestors, many (but not all) of whom embraced him in scenes resembling 1968 while Senator Clinton was openly insulted by those present when attempting to approach them. Governor Bredesen has raised anger and disdain not only from the party establishment, but from many voters as well who have called him a Republican-lite after his suggestion that Obamacare should be repealed. While, ironically, he rises in the polls on account of what is believed to be a shocking surge across Appalachia and the conservative states that distrust the President, Bredesen has also tanked on several other areas of the country.

Senator Clinton, on the other hand, has had to live with the rebuke of Occupy Wall Street and the particularly harsh comment by the President on what a Clinton President would be, but has surpassed those issued with a well-run campaign and selective efforts on what appear to be her strongest states. While Clinton has lost conservative Democratic support to Bredesen, she has won far more voters than lost via undecideds or voters supporting the President out of duty, but who may now see the Senator as a credible challenger. While President Obama continues to sit safe in Iowa, Nevada and South Carolina, Senator Clinton is starting to put up a very serious fight in both New Hampshire and Florida, average polling placing her within six to five points of the President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2018, 01:05:35 AM »

GOP Average Polling:

IOWA:

Mitt Romney: 23%
Chris Christie: 16%
Sarah Palin: 14%
Ron Paul: 13%
Bobby Jindal: 12%
Donald Trump: 11%
Adam Carolla: 3%
Walter Jones: 2%
Fred Upton: 0%
Undecided: 5%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Mitt Romney: 29%
Chris Christie: 23%
Ron Paul: 14%
Donald Trump: 9%
Adam Carolla: 6%
Bobby Jindal: 6%
Sarah Palin: 3%
Fred Upton: 2%
Saxby Chambliss: 0%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Mitt Romney: 26%
Bobby Jindal: 22%
Sarah Palin: 13%
Chris Christie: 10%
Walter Jones: 9%
Donald Trump: 4%
Ron Paul: 3%
Saxby Chambliss: 3%
Adam Carolla: 3%
Undecided: 7%

FLORIDA:

Mitt Romney: 27%
Bobby Jindal: 17%
Chris Christie: 16%
Sarah Palin: 11%
Adam Carolla: 6%
Ron Paul: 5%
Donald Trump: 5%
Fred Upton: 1%
Undecided: 9%

NEVADA:

Mitt Romney: 32%
Ron Paul: 10%
Chris Christie: 10%
Sarah Palin: 10%
Donald Trump: 9%
Adam Carolla: 7%
Bobby Jindal: 7%
Walter Jones: 5%
Saxby Chambliss: 0%
Undecided: 10%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:20 AM »

DEM Average Polling:

IOWA:

Barack Obama: 45%
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Russ Feingold: 18%
Phil Bredesen: 2%
Undecided: 9%

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Barack Obama: 45%
Hillary Clinton: 39%
Russ Feingold: 9%
Phil Bredesen: 1%

NEVADA:

Barack Obama: 51%
Hillary Clinton: 34%
Phil Bredesen: 4%
Russ Feingold: 4%

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Barack Obama: 59%
Hillary Clinton: 20%
Phil Bredesen: 15%
Russ Feingold: 2%

FLORIDA:

Barack Obama: 44%
Hillary Clinton: 39%
Phil Bredesen: 6%
Russ Feingold: 3%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2018, 01:19:42 AM »

Debate Winners:

GOP:

The latest GOP debate was certainly not a dull affair, even with the absence of Donald Trump and Sarah Palin (which is believed to have cost some rating to the debate). Overall pundits agreed that the debate winners ought to be Mitt Romney and Chris Christie, as both showed consistent skill in answering questions and defending their percieved weaknesses, while still landing some successful jabs at their oponents. On a close third was Governor Jindal, seen as very effective on health care, followed by Mr. Carolla (who could have scored higher were it not for some blows from Romney and Upton). With Representatives Paul and Jones believed to have had strong but not quite memorable performances, it was believed Representative Upton and Senator Chambliss were the most damaged, Upton sustaining a harsh barrage of criticism on Obamacare and Chambliss facing ridicule over "Chickengate".

DEM:

In a debate which showed the willingness of challengers to knife President Obama on live TV if necessary, there was general agreement in the aftermath (backed by polls) that Hillary Clinton had won the first Democratic debate, allowing her to seize the moment in later days. While certainly damaged by the President's harsh assessment of her, Senator Clinton rebounded by strong responses and strong criticism of the President. Second place was given to Senator Feingold, who while not having a dramatic moment was nonetheless seen as solid and as successfully appealing to his progressive base, not suffering truly damaging attacks. President Obama was thought to have placed third, not necessarily on account of his performance (which also was seen as solid) but because of the damaging barrage against him. Last place was considered as belonging to Governor Breseden, who during the debate took a series of stances percieved to be far too conservative for the party, along with a series of questionable comments on issues such as Libya.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2018, 01:30:59 AM »

2nd Democratic Presidential Debate:

Note: All Democratic candidates are invited to attend. Due to the advantanges of incumbency President Obama will not take an automatic hit if he refuses to debate. You have a right to reply to other candidates, but don't make it a ten post argument. Finally, you can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2018, 01:48:21 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 01:54:00 AM by Lumine »

2nd Republican Presidential Debate:

Note: All Republican candidates are invited to attend, and you can of course reply to other candidates briefly. You can end your performance with a closing statement. Good luck!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2018, 01:52:59 AM »

Endorsements from Turn One:

Christie: Jon Huntsman, John Kasich.
Romney: Nikki Haley, Kelly Ayotte.
Carolla: Reason Magazine, Joe Rogan.
Paul: Rand Paul, Justin Amash.
Jones: Virgil Goode, Jimmy Duncan.
Jindal: Steve Scalise, Lindsey Graham.

Obama: John Kerry, Dick Durbin.
Clinton: Jeanne Shaheen, Bill Nelson.
Bredesen: Mike Ross, Brad Ellsworth.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2018, 02:39:01 AM »

1.- The Obama Administration has set the date of withdrawal from Iraq by December of this year, which would seemingly end a decade of American military presence in the country. Is this withdrawal the right choice to make?

I don't want America to be a nation builder, but President Bush and Obama has forced us into this situation I think we should stay in these countries to make sure they are stable so we don't let another Iran take over the middle east. With this we need to put an end into this violence I propose by then end of my first term we will hopefully not be in Iraq, but I cannot make any promises America, We don't need to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people the Iraqi Government and Iraqi Defense Force need to make sure Iraq is stable, but I think we need to slowly pull out, but with a strong democratic ally in the middle east.

2.- Many of the main issues always being debate inside the Republican Party tend to be social issues and social values, an area in which there appears to be significant disagreement. Where do you stand on abortion?

Abortion, well I don't think the Government should be telling American women what they can and can't do with their bodies, but I do think we need regulation on the issue we need to make sure women can have access to clean and safe abortions and make sure that the American Tax payer decides where we stand. I would be more in favor of the states to decide on the issue of Abortion, but I will not support the issue of repealing Roe v Wade. On another social issue, Gay Marriage America needs to let it happen, the Government shouldn't tell 2 consenting adults what they can and cannot do, If we want a smaller government then we shouldn't tell people whether they can do with their own bodies and own minds.

Congressman Upton: Congressman, while your comments on Obamacare have been discussed in detail the same does not apply to your gun policy, which some NRA activists have described as "troubling". Where do you stand on guns?

Im fully in support of gun rights, we need to have universal background checks and making sure that sick people dont get ahold of guns so we can protect the innocent people of America. America is the land of the free, but we need background checks to make sure people who get guns are not criminals and people with mental instability. An American people that are disarmed is no America at all we need to assure the American people the ability to purchase Firearms.

Closing Statement

I believe that we need a free and equal America one that fights for not just the small guy, but the entire country. If we cannot balance moderation and equality then we need to strive, don't vote for me because I am a Republican, vote for me because you respect my views. We the American people have too long been held silent, but that time will end when you cast your vote whether Republican or Democrat and we need to fight for the American way of life and the American Dream. GOD BLESS AMERICA! AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
DFL

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »

Romney Responses: Second Debate
Part 1

Well, I guess it was only a matter a time before pundits and spin-masters got hold of one of my statements and twisted it beyond belief.

Let me tell the American people again what they may have already heard me say, except this time I'm going to clarify -- no shifting, no flip-flopping, just clarifying.

First of all I'd like to reiterate that no matter what way you spin it, forcing 11 million people out of the United States is a fool's errand -- its a political promise with no real weight behind it. What we can instead do are two things that I believe will keep the best and brightest in, and make sure everyone else uses the legal mode of entry.

All of us can agree that service in our military is one of the greatest commitments to our country a person can make. If someone who lacks the proper residency status joins our military, and puts their life on the line for our nation, well that makes them an American to me. If someone is willing to make the greatest sacrifice possible for our country, let's give them a green card to thank them for their service.

The same goes for folks getting advanced degrees at our universities. I don't think the federal government should be paying for their college -- that just encourages more illegal immigration -- but I do believe that if someone without the right papers is getting one of the highest levels of education in the nation, lets staple the green card to their diploma so we can keep the best and brightest here.

But just because I believe in that doesn't mean I don't stand for ending illegal immigration and securing our borders. Throughout this campaign I have advocated for a massive expansion of border security measures we passed in 2006, with the hopes of building a border fence spanning the entire Mexican border and increasing security presence with new technologies. I've also advocated for a stricter enforcement of employment laws so that people in this country illegally can no longer take jobs from hard working Americans. If we want to lower our 9% unemployment rate, let's take jobs away from undocumented immigrants for a change and give them back to legal American citizens.

I believe America is focusing on the wrong kind of immigration and shunning the right one. When we stop giving handouts to illegal immigrants, they will go somewhere else to find them -- it's as simple as that. Instead, we have to look to reforming our visa programs so that the brightest people in the world still come to America to help create more jobs and make our country prosperous.

So to answer your question, to the conservatives doubting my immigration agenda, and to the American people, I'll tell you this: you're going to hear a lot of candidates try to lure you in with big, glamorous promises that they can't deliver on. Don't let these people fool you as the "true conservatives" in this election. A true conservative has not only a conservative agenda, but the foresight and pragmatism to get it done. Sure, my plan might not sound as radical or iron-fisted as the other guys', but I'll tell you why -- it works. Good, successful policy isn't loud, and it doesn't try to show-off, it works.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 02:53:16 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Phil Bredesen 2nd Debate Answers

I said this in the last debate and I'll say it again' We'll need to mix it up. President Obama wants to cut all fossil fuel jobs because eventually 'die out'. Mr. President, I want to ask you something. Have you ever gone to West Virginia? Have you ever gone to Kentucky? Have you ever gone to Appalachia? The people have nothing else but those jobs. That's the only thing they are good at. That's what put money in their pockets. That's what put food on the table. That's what keeps their children well fed and healthy. Is it the safest job? No, it isn't. Is it best for the planet? Definitely not. But I ask you America, what is more important? A family starving because they completely lost their livelihood or something that will happen in probably a hundred years from now? For Alternative Jobs, I do agree that we should use them but let's completely test it out first in states like Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. We can't be too reliant on an energy source that might not be very efficient while we have a very efficient one that already helps. I said this last debate but I think it should be repeated: let's rely on 52% Alternative Energy and 48% Fossil Fuels, that way the planet is somewhat safer and people still have their livelihood.

I talked about this issue in a rally I did in Nevada last month *laughs* Guess, I should say what it was again. Our border is too unsecure, everyone has to admit that. What I want is to have a larger, longer, and far more prepared fence going from California to Texas and every 5 miles of fencing should be guarded by 5-10 border guards. This is too limit immigration to an all time low. If you want in to this country, you have to do it legally. For illegals already here, if they're attempting to make a decent income and trying to give their children a better life, I think they should be allowed to be Naturalized and Legalized. If they're clearly gaming the system, I do think they need to get out and if they have came back after more than one deportation, then they should be locked up for 4 months and deported back afterwards. If the illegal immigrant committed a crime and they're a repeat deportation offender, then they will stay in prison for an amount of time that the crime that is given to normal citizens plus the four months.

I said it should be repealed, yes I do admit that. I'm sorry I didn't specify on what I mean however. I want to give the AAC a partial Repeal. I don't want it to be just one healthcare company, I want it to be a series of Healthcare companies to give people more of an option when they choose and lessen the risk of a Premium that someone can't afford. The AAC as it is right now is alright but it can be worked on. That's what I want to do with it. Again, I apologise for not clarifying what I meant by repeal. I'll remember to clarify next time.

Closing Statement

In the last debate, it has come to my attention that I was too conservative, especially on Libya and Obamacare. I'm from the south and you must remember that it's conservative there. Now, when it comes to Libya, after Gaddafi's death, I want to revoke my previous stance. I was wrong for saying such things and I do apologise. Now that I have thought more on it, I agree that we should not support any group whatsoever. This can't be another Iraq but I do think that a No-Fly Zone might lead to war between some countries but I will keep it in place unless it seems war is likely. America, we are at a crossroads. We always have been at one in an election season. For the last 4 years there have been ups and downs. I just want to ask of you to look into what Senator Ron Paul had talked about Obama and McCain last Election and how both of them had no real differences in policy. It's hard to swallow that that is our president. Thank you for allowing me to be here. It's an honor America.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »

Bredesen Campaign Schedule in October

Bredesen would Campaign in the states of Texas, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, and Kansas staying on his Blue Dog stance while also telling people on his stances on some issues while he also brought up the issue of Government Reform during a rally in Houston, Texas. He was also very clear and explained each of his ideas in great detail. On October 25th, he released his Tax returns of the past 20 years. On Halloween, he traveled to New York City and treat and treated with several families as well as giving some families some good ideas for a better way to spend money. After 3 hours of this, he stayed in a hotel in Harlem and waited out the last days of October in New York City.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2018, 03:12:10 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 03:42:25 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Bredesen interview on MSNBC with Rachel Madow on October 27th

BREDESEN: No, I didn't do it because I thought I'd win. I'm not even sure if I can win and everyone else agrees that this early, no one can be sure. I did it because I believe the earlier you are honest with people on things like tax returns, the more people trust you. America needs an honest person to lead them and I think I'm that person.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »

Adam Carolla debate answers part 1

1.To Mr. Carolla: Mr. Carolla, you have begun to rise in the polls, although it is said such an increase might have been higher were it not for your negative perception among some Tea Party circles. Can you reassure conservatives in the GOP that you are a valid choice for them?

Carolla:Listen I feel their pain and understand their cause.  I am not another member of what you think is the Hollywood elite *laughs*  I am just as Amercian as you. I wasnt feed by a golden spoon I actually had to work my way up to the top.

I want to spread the message of Liberty and the Constitution unlike the establishment like President Obama and Hillary Clinton who just still there and just claim they are fighting for people like you but really they just laugh at you in their penthouses and million dollar lake houses while talking to their donors.

Not all people from Hollywood like myself are like that.   And I think I am fighting for your revolution. Just look at my economic plan. I want Amercia to be the place where the tax rate is lower as the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.  Something is happening in this country and your revolution is happening.

You look at President Obama’s again.  Obamacare is one steep closer towards socialized medicine.  I believe he has the most radical agenda when it comes to plans like Healthcare and Medicare as he is going to break that system instead of making those programs better.  

Obama is a typical statist. He believes that government is the solution for every need and for every desire of your life.

His goal for this country is a nanny state and he wants to make our decisions like he’s a king of some sort and I don’t want that!!

So yes as the Republican nominee I will fight for your cause. I will fight for your revolution and most of all I will fight for you!!

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 06:09:57 PM by Bagel23 »

2nd Republican Presidential Debate:

General Questions:

1.- The Obama Administration has set the date of withdrawal from Iraq by December of this year, which would seemingly end a decade of American military presence in the country. Is this withdrawal the right choice to make?

Yes, this is the right decision, enough money, time, and lives have been wasted on this stupid venture. It is out time, good on President Obama for making this decision.

2.- Many of the main issues always being debate inside the Republican Party tend to be social issues and social values, an area in which there appears to be significant disagreement. Where do you stand on abortion?

Pro life in all cases, barring life of the mother, all rape (except statutory), and incest (which I believe should be a heavy felony).

Candidate Specific Question:

9.- To Senator Chambliss: Senator, the so called "Chickengate" issue has led to your collapse in primary polling and the withdrawal of support from several key donors. Do you believe you can stage a comeback from such a difficult situation?

No, I do not. It is obvious that I am not wanted by either the GOP or the people of this nation. Which is why I am taking this opportunity to drop out of this race, and endorse Obama for reelection. He is the best out of the worst, because all the candidates except me sucked, Obama is just the best out of them. I'd like to thank my most loyal supporters, friends, and family, and telling all the rest of y'all that you made a big mistake by not supporting me, and the only way to redeem yourselves now is to cast your ballots for the next best choice, Obama, the one who is qualified and kept this country afloat and patching up the leaks over the past several years, status quo is better than anything else offered to you now at this point. Here is a guide to why you should not vote for any of the other douchebags.

Hillary Clinton: Crooked Wench.
Russ Feingold: Sleazy Loser.
Phil Bredesen: Somewhat more palatable, but one of the fakest moderates and liars ever.
Mitt Romney: Liberal in hiding, elitist, gold underwear wearer.
Chris Christie: Fat and innefective slob who barely beat a frequent catamite user.
Sarah Palin: Drunken and degrading stereotype of a redneck. Fakest one ever. Makes the 99% of good ones look terrible, seriously, she is the second worst one running here.
Ron Paul: RINO and Libertarian.
Bobby Jindal: Confirmed chicken diddler, don't doubt it.
Donald Trump: Fake flip flopper who is a botox abuser.
Adam Carolla: Unwashed, sleazy, and overall disgusting beach bum.
Walter Jones: Worse hair than Trump, has no enthusiasm.
Fred Upton: Green Party Plant.
Wesley Clark: Vote sink and even less legitimate than Captain Crunch.
Anyone else I missed: Screw them.

So I am officially out of the 2012 Presidential Campaign, thanks to all those who believed in me, and **** the rest of you, Good Day, and remember to now cast your ballots for Obama, our only hope remaining.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2018, 06:17:11 PM »

Friendly reminder, the last debate intervention is not considered as part of the game. There will be an article on Senator Chambliss dropping out once the new possible GOP candidates confirm that they will (or not) be running and post their announcements.

(Also, no commentary on this matter here, that belongs on the Sign Up thread)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 08:41:13 PM by Evans »

Ernie Fletcher for President
"Let's win the Future!"

Announcement Speech
Cincinnati, OH
October 1st, 2011

It's a great privilege and honor to be able to speak in front of this massive crowd. Thank you all for this opportunity. Decades ago, I served in the U.S Air Force. Years ago, I served as a U.S Representative from a district not-so-far from here. Years ago, I served as Governor for a state right off the Ohio River from here. And now, I stand here tonight as a doctor, veteran, father, and a husband. I'll say it again, thank you for that opportunity.

At Alton Healthcare and as a Doctor, we've kept one phrase important, and that is "Live Long, Live Well, Live On." And for the past several years, I've loved that slogan because it's true. A healthcare system based on that is what the people of Cincinnati, and aswell the entire United States, deserve.

And over across the Ohio River, we reversed a billion dollar deficit while increasing infrastructure spending, education fundraising, and expanded Medicaid. Although, we did not raise state taxes. And I can never thank them enough for the opportunity to do that. We won a future in Kentucky we didn't even know we had. I'm proud of the opportunities everyone gave to me.

I'm proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. And a candidacy built to win the future.

Now is not the time to continue the same path for the U.S. With your support and others throughout our country, we can truly change the path. We may have some of the biggest economic problems since the Great Depression. We MUST change this.

This campaign is not about Ernie Fletcher, it's not about Mitt Romney, it's not about Ron Paul, it's not about Obama or anyone else. This campaign is about you and what you deserve, and it's about time we acknowledge that. It's about the deficit, the economy, education, the military- industrial complex, your tax dollars, and so much, so much more.

Now is not the time for a politician, it is a time for public service. It's about damn time we end this game of political gotcha. I can only do that with your support. I would like this to be a new day. I would hope now we can focus on doing the people's business.

And I must say again, thank you all for this opportunity, God bless you and good night.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
October 1 to October 31, 2011

October 1 to October 3: Senator Clinton continues her campaign swing through Nevada. She meets with public school employees in Reno, visits the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City, and talks with local religious leaders in Sunrise Manor. The Senator uses this time in Nevada to discuss her immigration policy, laying out the core tennants of her platform: protections for children brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents, establishment of a clear path to citizenship, and the humane removal of aliens who pose of violent threat to the community.

October 4 to October 7: Senator Clinton takes a train from Nevada to California. The Senator takes meetings with families of people convicted of minor drug possessions in Fresno, speaks at the California Veterans Assistance Foundation in Bakersfield, and tours the Bird Medical Technologies facility in Palm Springs. A fundraiser in Los Angeles is also held, with former President Clinton.

October 8 to October 13: Senator Clinton flies from California to Washington, D.C. for Senate business. Senator Clinton did not take part in any campaign events, but campaign offices were opened and field staff were hired.

October 14 to October 21: Senator Clinton takes her campaign back to New York. A rally is held in Buffalo with Governor Andrew Cuomo to announce his endorsement of the Senator. The pair then meet with M&T Bank employees to discuss banking reform. She then holds a town hall meeting at the public library in Glens Falls before meeting with College Democrats at the University of Albany. At a press conference in Poughkeepsie, Senator Clinton calls on the Occupy Protesters in Zuccotti Park to "remain calm and civil, to cooperate with authorities, and to continue to develop a coherent and concise policy". She adds "I want to work with you on fixing our broken system, but I can't do that if you're in jail." The Senator and the Governor attend a fundraiser in Nassau Bay.

October 21 to October 25: Senator Clinton returns to New Hampshire for another phase of her Listening Tour. She begins with a town hall meeting in Rochester and then holds a series of meetings on environmental conservation in Berlin with Senator Jeanne Shaheen. Senator Clinton goes to the University of New Hampshire and does an interview with WUNH, the student radio station on campus. She uses this opportunity to talk about her plan to make higher education more affordable, including going after predatory loan companies, expanding loan forgiveness programs for public sector employees, and protecting students from "viscous" for-profit schools.

October 26: Senator Clinton drives to Boston. She holds an event at Faneuil Hall to receive Mayor Tom Manino's endorsement. At the event, she applauds Menino's work with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and stresses her commitment to ensuring "the only people with guns are the people who should have guns".

October 27 to October 30: The Clinton Campaign moves to South Carolina for the first time. With former President Clinton by her side, Senator Clinton meets with African American community leaders in Columbia, public school children in Mount Pleasant, and workers at Coastal Corrugated, Inc. in Myrtle Beach. On Sunday, October 29, the Clintons attend service at Mt. Zion AME Church in Greeleyville, which President Clinton dedicated in 1996.

October 31: Moving from South Carolina to Florida, Senator Clinton is joined by Senator Bill Nelson. The pair of Senators meet with voters at Big Pink diner in Miami and then hold a town hall meeting with senior citizens at Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence. At the town hall, Senator Clinton pledges to protect Social Security, reforming it to give benefits to people who leave the workforce to care for retired loved ones, and preserving the retirement age at 65.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »

In the News:
Chambliss out, Fletcher enters the GOP Primary:
Maloney narrowly defeats Tomblin in West Virginia:

The GOP field has begun to shift as October begins, with the first candidate to drop out doin so and a new (and unlikely challenger) stepping into the field. Senator Saxby Chambliss had shown some promises as a potential candidate, yet his campaign soon became unraveled by attempts to bring "Birtherism" as a political tool against fellow candidate Bobby Jindal. With such tactics backfiring (and arguably boosting Jindal as well), polling at 1% and devoid of financial support, Senator Chambliss ended his campaign today, the first casualty in a crowded field.

Amidst speculation that former Speaker Newt Gingrich and other heavyweights in the GOP may be considering a late run to prevent a Romney victory in the primaries, a figure not on the radar of the pundits showed up: the conservative Republican and former Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher made a surprise announce in Ohio that he was entering the GOP Primary, his first major political announcement after his landslide defeat against Steve Beshear in 2007. Unknown to many in the electore, flash polling shows Governor Fletcher at no more than 1% in the national polls, but slightly higher in Iowa and South Carolina. His introduction to the national audience will likely take place in the upcoming GOP debate, a critical moment for his surprise candidacy.

Bad news for the Democratic Party came from Appalachia this week, as after a very heated and competitive race for the Governorship in West Virginia following Joe Manchin's election to the Senate resulted in a narrow victory for Republican businessman Bill Maloney over Acting Governor Earl Ray Tomblin. Maloney, a Tea Party conservative who defeated an establishment candidate in an upset at the GOP Primary, claimed his victory was the signal that the Tea Party was on the rise in the United States, and that the Republican Party could only win by nominating a suitably conservative candidate. West Virginia also saw significant agitation in the past days due to the latest campaign appearances by independent candidate Gen. Wesley Clark, whose long-shot bid for the White House is beginning to take form.

Indeed, the latest polling average by Real Clear Politics shows the following national numbers:

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 48%
Barack Obama: 42%
Wesley Clark: 5%
Undecided: 5%
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »

Adam Carolla debate answers part 2

Carolla:Well Obama’s is not ending the War in Iraq technically what he is doing is withdrawing our troops and putting them in Yemen and wants to start a unconstitutional war in Iran which I feel he will do if he were elected for a second term.

What he is going for is silent warfare. We still have some troops but mostly drone and aircraft he is just now coming to start doing drone strikes and air strikes in the area.

As President we will get out of Iraq and put our focus on Afghanistan and Pakistan and we will cut funding to the people that we funded when we started that war turned out to be allies of Bin Laden and Al Queda.

In my first term our US Foreign Policy should be finding getting Osama Bin Laden and most of Al Qaeda who probably are in the region of Afghanistan and Pakistan.  When we are done with that I believe our mission will be done

I promise as president if I were to declare war I would fully ask Congress to declare for one and I don’t want to declare any war.

And I will go out and say that we should of withdrawn after Saddam’s death.  Obama’s pull us out too late and I will that will be costly in the future.

However I do believe that we and the UN in a non combat role help out in the rebuilding of Iraq and put in a democracy that holds free elections and respects the rights of Christians and Jews in the Middle East.

2. Many of the main issues always being debate inside the Republican Party tend to be social issues and social values, an area in which there appears to be significant disagreement. Where do you stand on abortion?

Carolla:Well as President I will cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood and leave it up to the states.

I believe that I shouldn’t be paying for a abortion with my tax dollars so that someone I have no  knowledge of should have a abortion it’s none of my business.

Washington should do something better with their time they get into a person’s abortion. It should be left to all 50 states not the government.

And also this will save taxpayers like me and you and the federal budget much money.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »

Carolla’s closing statement

Well before I say good night. I started talking about the tea party and I will end talking about Tea Party.

You look at the front runners they are on the side of Speaker Bohener who has fallen into Obama’s trap and has not delivered what you voted for.  Well if you nominate Chris Christie or Mitt Romney you are nominating someone who will act like John Boehner who I know is a enemy to you guys.

As President I will deliver on Tea Party promises. Not just the Libertarian or moderate Republicans.

That is why our campaign’s solgan is A Different Kind Of Republican.

Don’t let the Hollywood past lie to you. I will defend the Free Market and Free Enterprise which I believe is something more powerful than the government will ever be.

President Reagan said it best Govenor is the problem not the solution. And he also put very well that we the people tell the government what to do not the other way around.

And right here is a favorite of mine of what he said.

We the people are the driver and the government is the car and we the car tell the government we’re should it go and what to do.

Thank you all and good night.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2018, 10:17:40 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
October 2011 Debate

Clinton: Our environment is the most important policy issue, in the grand scheme of things, because of the tremendous impact it has on our ability to survive as a species on this planet. I'll give President Obama some credit here, he's done a lot of good work on protecting the environment. We should continue that work that he's begun, holding polluters accountable and continuing our dialogue with other countries to develop a global solution to climate change. But where President Obama hasn't done such a good job is protecting the people who lose their jobs because of the transition to a greener society. We need to invest serious federal money into re-training coal workers into new roles in a new economy. I'm serious about this: we cannot go green and leave the hardworking men and women of coal country high and dry. I'm willing to committ $30 billion to the revitalization of coal communities, through job training, small business development, and infrastructure investment.

Clinton: I have a clear, three-point immigration plan. First: We need to protect children who, through no fault of their own, were brought to this country illegally by their parents. How can we punish a child who knows no other home than America and send them to the country they were born in? Second: We need to establish a clear pathway to citizenship, similar to the one that President Obama promised in 2008 but has failed to deliver on. What I'm proposing is a 13-year process, where people who came here illegally but is in good standing with the law and their community can pay a fine and some back-taxes and have the opportunity to become a citizen opened to them. President Obama made this one of his campaign promises but, like so many promises of his, failed to make it into policy. Third: We need to conduct humane removals of illegal immigrants who have committed violent crimes and pose a threat to their community. There are some people who come here and do harm and we just can't have that. I believe in making America a kind and open nation, but we can't be taken advantage of.

Clinton: I think it comes down to experience. I've spent the last 12 years in the United States Senate, crafting our national policy and steering the course of the nation. As First Lady, I spent 8 years representing our country on the world stage. As First Lady of Arkansas, I spent 12 years managing the relationship between the State government and the Federal government. I know how to make legislation, I know how to pass legislation, and I know how to balance the needs of a State with the needs of the Federal Government. We need a President who can hit the ground running on Day One, utilize the post-election political capital to kick start an administration, and make the most out of the First 100 Days. Governor Bredesen has never spent a day in Washington. I'm not going to write-off his experience in Tenneessee, making laws and passing legislation there, but there's a world a difference between the Teneessee State Legislature and the United States Congress.

Clinton: This election is about so much more than personalities. Sure, I would like it if you liked me. But that's not what our elections are about. The Presidency of the United States is far more importance than the popularity contests that decide Prom King. We need a President with strong, well-thought out policies and a plan to impliment them. We need a President who understands the demands of the office. We need a President who can start working on Day One. We don't need a President who you want to have a beer with, we need a President you trust to respond when the phone rings at 3:00 AM.
DFL

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 11:40:31 PM by DFL »

Romney Responses: Second Debate
Part 2

In 2007 Barack Obama promised Americans that our troops in Iraq would be out of the country in a little over a year. Here we are over 3 years later -- our troops still in Iraq, and President Obama facing major competition in the Democratic Primary. Obama knows he is vulnerable in this election, and his announcement to now withdraw troops from Iraq is no more than a blatant political maneuver to save his image as a President who broke his promises.

Let's look at the facts. Over 4,000 brave Americans have lost their lives in Iraq since 2003. The orderly transition and stability the people of Iraq were promised still hasn't arrived, and if we pull out now, those American sacrifices made will be in vein. It's clear this move isn't a part of a true military strategy -- its an act of political desperation.

America does need to get out of Iraq -- that's the bottom line -- but we cannot leave until we are sure our near decade of work in the country and thousands of lives lost, both Iraqi and American, were lost securing the freedom of a nation overwhelmed by extremism and instability. If I'm elected I'll do what our current President won't -- firmly negotiate with Iraqi leaders to secure a stable transition, and ensure we leave Iraq a better place than it was in 2003 -- which right now looks unlikely.

America deserves a President that acts on what is right, not on what is politically rewarding to them. America deserves a President who will live up to their promises and not write the country a blank check. America deserves a President willing to stand up for itself, and promote freedom around the world. Barack Obama has had his time, and he has failed. Let's elect someone who can bring real change to Iraq, and who can tell the families of our fallen soldiers that their sons and daughters did not lose their lives in vein.

I am a man of faith. My faith guides my moral philosophy and my outlook on the world, and I would say the issue of abortion is no different. I am a proud defender of life before birth, and would absolutely consider myself pro-life.

There are only three exceptions in which I believe abortion should be limited to: instances of rape or incest, or when the mother's life is at risk. I support the reversal of Roe V. Wade, and if elected will appoint judges that share that belief -- it's bad law and bad medicine, simple as that.

I support the Hyde Amendment, which bars the use of federal funds to support abortions. I'll also stop the United States from using foreign aid to fund abortions abroad. We shouldn't be spending taxpayer dollars to fund abortions globally, let alone in our own borders. Under a Romney administration, Planned Parenthood would also be federally de-funded.

I think it's pretty simple. Human life begins at conception -- that's a scientific fact. I would even question your suggestion that there is significant disagreement on this within the party, as it's been included in our platform since 2004. When we talk about abortion, people forget that it's not just one life involved, but two. As President, I would ensure that we defend and protect both lives involved, and have judges that do the same.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 03:30:47 AM by Evans »

Campaign Schedule, October 2011

Schedule:
October 1-5: Kentucky
October 6-12: Indiana
October 13-20: Iowa
October 20-25: Georgia
October 26-31: South Carolina

Kentucky (October 1-6)
Rally in Mt. Sterling & Louisville
Meet & Greet around Northern and Eastern Kentucky (typical campaigning things)
Fundraiser in Lexington

Key Issues: Governor Record (education spending increase, tuition tax credits, while lowering taxes) and support of Coal.

Indiana (October 7-13)
Rally in Indianapolis
Meet & Greet around all of Southern and Central Indiana
Publicly endorsed by U.S Representative and Governor Candidate Mike Pence at Rally
Town Hall in Evansville

Key Issues: Abortion (supporting pro- life), Education Spending (supporting an increase)

Iowa (October 14-20)
Rally in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids
Meet & Greet across all of Iowa
Town Hall in Sioux City
Fundraiser in Waterloo

Key Issues: Huge SUPPORT for Farm Subsidies and also supporting a Balanced Budget (with Governor record)

Georgia (October 20-25)
Rally in Atlanta and Savannah
Meet & Greet across all of Georgia
Publicly endorsed by FMR Gov. Sonny Perdue at a Rally

Key Issues: Immigration (stronger borders) and Obamacare Repeal

South Carolina (October 26-31)
Rally in Myrtle Beach and Charleston
Meet & Greet across all of South Carolina
Fundraiser in Columbia

Key Issues: Recent Hurricanes & Economic Recovery

Campaign Committee Operations
  • Setting up a social media grassroots movement
  • Creating a website (erniefletcher2012.com)
  • Door-by-door campaigning, mostly in early caucus & primary states

(this is just my first time trying campaigning, I may change it later)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies