Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:29:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26303 times)
DFL

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2018, 08:15:28 PM »
« edited: January 05, 2018, 12:23:09 PM by DFL »

Freedom Tower, Miami Florida
September 21st, 2011

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 08:53:12 PM by Jaguar4life »

Adam Carolla campaign update
September 20th 2011
Carolla flew to Nevada and gave two speeches in a New in Reno and Las Vegas on the horrors of NAFTA and globalism.

And promised to them that when he is president that he would fight gobalism with individualism.

Carolla received a endorsement from several groups of Labor Unions the first in a while for a Republican candidate since Reagan.

Carolla:If I am elected president the era the economic surrender will be over.  We will never surrender this country or any country of that matter or people to the song of Globalism.

If you are a foreign power and you want to weaken Amercia you couldn’t do better than Obama’s and the Democrats economic agenda.

Under this so called free trade organizations people like the Chinese get richer and the Americans get poorer.
The Skyscrapers went up in Beijing  and other cities in the country while the factories and neighborhoods here especially in Reno crumbled right here.

When we abandon the policy of Amercia first we then started rebuilding other countries instead of our own.

However when and if I become president the era of Economic freedom and Americanism will begin.

*Crowd cheers*

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2018, 11:23:18 PM »

Wesley Clark on an MSNBC Interview:

Rachel Maddow:

“You know, I remember back when you ran for the Democratic Nomination in 2004. Why are you running for President again, and also on an Independent ticket?”

General Clark:

“Yenno what Rachel, that’s an excellent question. Yeah, I ran for President eight years ago. I didn’t win, and I believe that’s why you have some of the problems we have today. I, like many Americans don’t give my loyalty to a political party for free. The Democrats haven’t done anything to help the Common man and have led us pretty poorly. President Bush was a disaster, and I don’t want anything close to a third term of him. Just, both parties don’t work for us. That’s obvious. Sure, I could have ran for the Democratic Nomination but I’m running on making things better, not adding to the problem. That being said, I’m aware many Democrats support our movement. They’re tired of talk. They want results, not polished politicians.”

Rachel Maddow:

“With seeing all these wild accusations from the Chambliss campaign, do you have an opinion on it?”

General Clark:

“Absolutely, it’s almost hilarious actually. I thought it was a joke at first, but come on man. We can’t elect someone who participated in the making of such petty, obviously fake accusations. I don’t personally know Governor Jindal, but I hope people can see such a bad photoshop job is fake.”

Rachel Maddow:

“What’s your opinion on the amount of people attending your rallies? Honestly, I’ve seen them and they have such energy. I don’t think I’ve seen such energy for a third party candidate since Ross Perot in 1992.”

Wesley Clark:

“Thank you, Rachel. I believe I’ve struck a tone. A lot of people from both parties are fed up at how ineffective and inadequate they are. People are starting to come out and voice their support for something new, and that’s what I believe about that, and I’m very grateful for it. Both parties don’t really care about helping people, but I do. My whole life I’ve tried to serve my country. It would be such a great honor America, if you elect me to be your president. Thank you Rachel.”

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 02:46:08 AM »

It's time for change. It's time for Jindal.

Campaign schedule for September

Overview:
South Carolina: Sep. 1 - Sep. 8
Florida: Sep. 9 - Sep. 10
New York: Sep. 11
Florida: Sep. 12 - Sep. 15
New Hampshire: Sep. 16 - Sep. 20
Iowa: Sep. 20 - Sep. 25
Nevada: Sep. 26 - Sep. 30

Highlights:

South Carolina ( Sep. 1 - Sep. 8 )
Made speeches in Columbia (kickoff), Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Florence, Greenville, and Rock Hill
Took campaign bus across the entire state, had lunch at many local diners where Jindal meet potential voters
Had 'town hall'-style formats where Jindal would answer questions from the audience on his campaign
Campaigned door-to-door for hours with Senator Lindsey Graham, personally meet voters and talked with them
Tour factories that were impacted by job loss from Obama's administration, talk to the workers
Key policy: bringing jobs back to America, Obamacare repeal plan

Florida ( Sep. 9 - Sep. 10 )
Campaigned in the Panhandle, specifically held rallies in Pensacola, Crestview, Marianna, Tallahassee, Lake City, and Jacksonville
Visited local shops, asked local voters about what they would want in a future president
Ate lunch at diners, where Jindal meet more voters
Went door-to-door knocking, especially in the cities but also the rural areas
Key policy: help Americans hit hard by the recession get back on track, tax reform, immigration

New York ( Sep. 11 )
Suspended campaigning in remembrance of 9/11
Visited the World Trade Center memorial to pay respects

Florida ( Sep. 12 - Sep. 15 )
Resumed campaigning in Florida, this time in the lower section of the state
Made speeches in Gainesville, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Pierce, West Palm Beach, Miami, and Fort Myers
Drove campaign bus across the state
Continued grassroots operation of going door-to-door after the speech, meeting and getting to know even more voters, telling them story of how parents came from India, settled here for a better life, pursued the American dream
Ate lunch at local shops and diners, got to know voters better, explained policy to them
Visited hospitals that would be affected by Obamacare repeal, talk with patients, doctors, nurses
Visited the proposed construction site of the high-speed rail line in West Palm Beach and talk with voters about transportation
Visited areas still ravaged by hurricanes, emphasizeed one of the best hurricane response records of any governor or top official during Hurricane Gustav
Key policy: Obamacare plan, hurricane relief, transport, foreign policy

New Hampshire ( Sep. 16 - Sep. 20 )
Held speeches in Nashua, Manchester, Concord, and Franconia
Took campaign bus around the state, talked with and meet many voters
Had lunch at local diners, enjoyed a meal with potential voters, explained policy
Visit factories across the state, talk with voters about economic damage in the past few years
Enjoyed the scenery (with potential voters)
Key policy: factories closing down, job growth, economic liberty

Iowa ( Sep. 20 - Sep. 25 )
Held rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Davenport, Council Bluffs, Sioux City, and Waterloo
Grassroots operation of Jindal knocking door-to-door, getting to know voters
Go through state on campaign bus so that Jindal can meet voters
Ate more lunch with voters, talked policy
Visited factories, shops to talk with voters
Key policy: social issues, bringing agriculture back

Nevada ( Sep. 26 - Sep. 30 )
Hold rallies in Las Vegas, Carson City, Reno, and Elko
Keep the grassroots tradition of talking to voters, getting to know them, by knocking door-to-door
Eat some more lunch in cities across Nevada, another way to get to know voters
Visit factories across the state and meet workers
Drive through state on campaign bus, meeting voters along the way
Key policy: restoring American jobs, helping Americans achieve the American dream, change is on the horizon

Operations:
  • Emphasized a grassroots campaign across every state, and the importance of knocking door-to-door and calling voters, getting the word out
  • Set up ground operations in every state, briefed staff on the campaign
  • Set up structural operations to deal with influx of volunteers across multiple states, including South Carolina, Florida, and Iowa
  • Emphasized to staff to reach out to everyone, no matter their political affiliation
  • Told staff to deliver Jindal's message of change to as many people as possible

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2018, 03:17:41 AM »

Walter Jones 2012: American Principles

Speaking in Greenville, North Carolina, Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) made the following remarks in his announcement speech for President:

I've decided to run for President of the United States not because I wanted to advance my career or to win special favors from lobbyists. I've had plenty of opportunities before, but I've said no to all of them. This campaign is about saving this great country I grew up in for our children and grandchildren. When we're burdened with this massive debt, people on the streets, perpetual wars, and a corrupt political establishment, ordinary Americans begin to lose hope in our system. They think nothing can be done. I'm here to tell you that this is the moment when we can reverse the tide and take back our country from those who think nothing of it and only for themselves. Together, we will make a difference, and we will win. Thank you, and God bless these United States.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 07:18:04 AM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Schedule
September 1st-5th: 'Telling it like it is tour', New Hampshire.
September 6th: Rally with Ambassador Huntsman, Manchester, New Hampshire.
September 7th: Returns to New Jersey.
September 8th: Fundraiser with Governor Kasich, and Ambassador Huntsman.
September 8th-11th: Returned to New Jersey to open the 'Empty Sky' Memorial in Liberty State Park.
September 12th-14th: Visit to Cedar Rapid's, Iowa, to open campaign HQ, and hold 6 Town Hall events.
September 15th: Campaign BBQ, and 'meet and greet' with supporters of Governor Christie.
September 16th: Campaign rally in Iowa City, with Governor John Kasich.
September 17th: Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire with Mary Pat Christie.
September 17th-19th: Travels to Canada for a Trade Mission.
September 20th: Meets with Henry Kissinger, to discuss Foreign Policy, and other global issues.
September 21st: Gives speech at Rockefeller Centre about Counter-Terrorism.
September 21st-25th: Travels to Texas, Neveda, California, Florida, and Georgia, for fundraising.
September 26th: Launches campaign in Nevada.
September 27-30th: Returns to New Hampshire for another 'Telling it like it is Tour' of Town Halls.

Governor Kasich endorses Governor Christie.

Jon Huntsman Jnr, and John Huntsman Snr endorse Governor Christie for President

Governor Christie begins 'Telling it like it is' Tour in New Hampshire

Town Hall in Rochester, New Hampshire

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 09:57:45 AM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

Columbia, SC

September 1, 2011

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 05:15:44 PM by Blair »

Debate Answers

Look, we gotta be honest with people. And I'll be simple; if I'm elected President I'll repeal Obamacare, and repeal it with

The healthcare system is broken under Obamacare. And the healthcare system was broken before Obama came. Heck the healthcare system was broken when Nixon tried to reform it in the 70s. You  know why it's been broken; because republicans have been too damn afraid of being honest.

We pay too much for our healthcare, our premiums keep increasing at record highs, we haven't carried out meaningful Tort reform, to stop the ambulance chasing lawyers that give millions to the Democratic party. America can do so much better.

So I'll tell you what my healthcare plan would do; I'd repeal both the individual and employer mandate, the second of which is crippling our ability to create good, long term jobs. I'd get rid of the tax hikes that Obamacare put in, and I'd begin to reform Medicaid and Medicare for future recipients, and fight the hospital monopolies. Put simply, I'd fight the hell back against the massive government intrusion that the Obama-Clinton Machine forced upon us.

This would reduce federal spending alone by $283 Billion. That's almost as much money as Mitt made last year.

Seriously though, we need to use market based solutions, such as state lead exchanges to get as many people covered as possible. We need to stop this stupid idea put forward by the Democrats that we're somehow happy when people don't have healthcare insurance, and that we're happy when people get ill and die. That's why my plan would aggressively lower uninsured rates, by lowering premiums, tackling hospital monopolies, and by offering real conservative solutions.

It's easy though for politicians to stand up here and talk about there plans, but remember this; I'm the only person up here who has cleaned up after a Democratic administration. In New Jersey I took on the special interests, the big public sector unions, and left wing Democrats, and I fixed our underfunded pension system, I balanced our budget, I froze the spiral property taxes, and I sorted out the mess.

If you vote for me, believe me, you'll get someone who has delivered real, conservative reforms, not someone who has just remembered a bunch of talking points.

It's the most crushing thing to have to watch as a Governor, when people can't get work. I saw a man in his 50's, he reached out to me, and grabbed his wrinkled, worn hands to tell that after two decades of working, the steel mill where he worked had been closed down. The look in his eyes was crushing, because he knew, that politicians like me, where responsible for that.

So let's change that; let's get the government out the way. Repeal the job-killing employee mandate, stop the spread of the EPA, and let's focus on creating good, proper high paying jobs.

The first route to job creation is through tax cutting.  I'd cut corporation tax to 25%, so that America can be competitive in attracting the best, and biggest, which would bring us 10 million new jobs. I'd make individual taxes lower, fairer, and simpler. I'd get rid of payroll tax for those under the age of 25, and those over the age of 62, so that we can get everyone who wants to work, a proper well paid job.

Second, we gotta unleash the energy markets in these countries. Let's end the ban on exporting crude oil, let's get the Keystone Pipeline going and let's start pumping out that Shale Gas. Let's get the government out the way, and get the jobs flowing in.

I can be trusted to do. When I became Governor in New Jersey we had a job growth of 0%. Zero. We've now had two years of job growth, with 60,000 new private sector jobs. After the mess that we were left in by John Corzine, we're doing pretty well. I know that I can clear up this mess that the Obama-Clinton method has left us in.

Woh Woh let's stop there.

I have more experience than President Obama when he ran in 2008. Way more. When President Obama was giving speeches in Chicago I was appointed as the first U.S Attorney after 9/11.  When President Obama was palling around in the Illinois State legislature I was using the Patriot Act to convict terror suspects.

I know the talking heads like to pretend that the only experience that matters is sitting around in Washington D.C, but come on. I've spend 7 years as a U.S Attorney before becoming Governor. Every day, when I woke up, I had witnesses to interview, I had court notes to prepare, I had warrants to get approved. I didn't just sit around and write a nice book like President Obama.

It would have been easy for me to follow the Obama route ya know, I could have sat and waited for a nice seat in the House, or the Senate. I could have sat in Washington doing nothing but talking, and then what, in 2020 I could have ran for President. But I couldn't sit back and watch this country slide down the drain. In my family, we get up and we go to work.

I'm the only person on this stage who has prosecuted terrorists, and put them behind bars. I'm the only one who has fought with a Democratic dominated legislature, and got real conservative reforms.

Closing Statement

The only way that Republicans are going to win in 2012, and actually sort of the mess that been left in Washington is to be honest with people. So please folks at home, put down your beer, put down your nachos, and listen up. We face a hell of a lot of problems, problems that were caused by President Obama, like the job-killing mandate in Obamacare, and problems that existed before President Obama, such as the failure to invest in infrastructure, the failure to become truly energy independent, and the failure to tackle the big, powerful special interest lobbies. Only by accepting these problems, can we come together and fix them.

I'll also be honest with you; I didn't plan on running in this campaign. Some of the talking heads, and media folk seem to think I should have stayed in New Jersey and padded my CV. But that's not what I do. I get up, every day and I get to work. I was not able to best serve my family, my state or my country, if I sat at home, and watched another plain old republican get beaten by another deceitful democrat.

I knew that I had to stand up and fight. If you want a nominee who has put terrorists behind bars, if you want a nominee who has won and passed real, conservative reform in a deep blue state, and if you want a nominee who can beat the Obama-Clinton machine like a drum, join me in my fight.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2018, 02:07:15 PM »

Greenville, SC

September 4, 2011

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »

Crestview, FL

September 9, 2011

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Ad: Go to Work.

When my mum was on her deathbed, she grabbed me by hand, and told me 'there is nothing unsaid between us.'' There is no love stronger than the love between a son, and his mother, but she knew that I knew how much she loved, and cared for me. Then she told me something even more moving...

She said to me 'Christoper, Go back to Work.' She was giving me permission to let her go, she knew that she had done everything to raise me. Three days later she passed away, and they were the last words we exchanged. I had no regrets because I lived my life the way she taught me.

Every day I do what my mom told me. I went to work.

I was the first U.S Attorney appointed after 9/11, and I made counter-terrorism the number 1 priority of my office after the cowardly attacks on America.

I put the Fort Dix attackers behind bars, and am the only candidate running who has stood up, day after day, to protect America.

I put crooked, corrupt politicians like Sharpe Jones in prison, for using campaign funds to pay for their lavish lifestyle.

I ran for Governor of New Jersey, and won in a deep blue state. Since then we balanced a budget twice, without raising taxes, we fixed our broken pension system and we beat the powerful public unions.

Now I'm running to President, so that I can fight for you, so that I can fight to get our Economy booming again, to get Washington to balance it's budget and to get rid of Obamacare. Join me, and let's fight for America.
DFL

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »

Concord, New Hampshire
September 9th, 2011

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2018, 04:07:39 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 08:53:51 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla campaign update 3
September 21th 2011

Carolla campaigned in Florida on Domestic Security saying that he will reform the NSA and Homeland Security claiming that they haven’t been doing their jobs and that they made the Security of the American people weaker.

Carolla also started setting campaign offices and GOTV efforts in the state.

Carolla’s internet fundraiser kept on going as his campaign as money donated to the campaign has it almost half a million dollars.
DFL

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:42 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #3
"Where Mitt Stands"
Air in all early primary and caucus states

People have been asking me what makes me different from other Republicans running. Here's what I tell them:

Unlike my opponents, I understand that the middle class has been hurt the most by the Obama downturn. If I'm elected, the middle class will grow again after it see it's taxes cut.

I also know what it means to run businesses and balance budgets, which is why I know that we need to cap our spending relative to our GDP, and cut waste that Democrats let drive up the deficit.
I balanced Massachusett's budget for four straight years -- I can do it for America, too.

Unlike our President I also understand that strangling small businesses doesn't help create jobs. Unlike other Republicans, my work in the private sector has told me that for America's businesses to flourish and for our jobs to return, we need lower taxes.

I also have more experience than anyone else in this field with healthcare -- in Massachusetts I reformed the state healthcare system and know that once we repeal Obamacare, we must give the states the tools they need to expand services and reduce costs.

So when people ask you what I stand for, tell them this: Mitt Romney is a proven reformer who's fighting to bring back prosperity. Tell them about my business record, or my time as Governor, or even when I saved the 2002 Olympics. Tell them that with Mitt, the last four years of decline will be over for good.

Don't listen to people who give you empty promises without the record to back it up. Listen to someone who you know can accomplish the change they promise. I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Political Ad: The New Jersey Way.

(Governor Christie talking straight to the Camera)

''My dad is Irish, and my Mum is Italian. That was all the training I need for New Jersey Politics. It's loud, it's ugly and it's tough as nails. But here in New Jersey we've got a good story to tell.

The pundits, and media figures said I didn't have a chance against Governor Corzine and the the special interests. The Teachers Union spend $3 million trying to defeat me, but there negative campaign failed, and in 2009 I became Governor of New Jersey.

We have 700,000 more Democrats in New Jersey, and a Democratic dominated legislature. I could have sat back, or changed all my policies to get along with the Democrats, but that's not the New Jersey way. Instead we got together, cracked some heads together, and got on with the Job.

We balanced a budget two years in a row, without any tax rises.

We passed bi-Partisan pension reform to fill in a $121 billion gap.

We defeated the big public sector unions who opposed our common sense reforms.

We created 60,000 public sector jobs.

And best of all, we proved that divided government, with ideologically opposed parties doesn't have to be as much of a disaster as it is in Washington.

I may be loud, I may be rather large, and I may keep yabbering on for too long, but that's the New Jersey Way, and we know how to get things done.

(laughs to Camera)

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.
Extracts from Governor Christie's Speech at the Rockefeller Centre

Reporter: Governor Christie, have you seen Governor Romney's Ad?

Governor Christie: Oh yeah. Where does Mitt Stand? I know that when I was standing up in court to put terrorists behind bars, Mitt was standing on some ice in Utah..
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »

West Palm Beach, FL

September 14, 2011

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 08:52:07 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla campaigns in Tampa Bay on preventing World War III
September 22nd 2011

You see most of these candidates they talk about wanting to put a no fly zone in Libya.

And I said are you kidding? That thing will just get matters worse in Libya. As a matter of fact we should of never be intervening in Libya! They have nothing to do with us. They didnt attack us! They didnt pose a threat to our way of living! All this is a start to push a imperial empire of CIA puppet goverments all across the Middle East!

Now Gaddaffi have not be a great guy however he never threaten us and he isnt some Islamic extremist like Obama is making him out to be!

As President I will stop this madness of making matters worse in the Middle east and prevent World War III from happening!

*Crowd cheers and starts chanting no war*
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2018, 08:10:18 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 08:17:40 PM by Rep. wxtransit »

Concord, NH

September 18, 2011

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #1
Hillary for America, Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton: Lawyer, advocate for children, First Lady of the United States, Senator from New York, candidate for President

- Scene cuts to a 9/11 First Responder mowing his lawn -

MAN: Hillary fought for the rights of first responders from September 11th like me.

- Scene cuts to a family of four sitting around the dining room table -

WOMAN: Hillary fought for the Children's Health Insurance Program for kids like my son.

- Scene cuts to a senior citizen playing cards -

WOMAN: Hillary fought to protect our social safety net for seniors like us.

- Scene cuts to a father playing in the yard with his two daughters -

MAN: Hillary fought to advance women's rights for girls like my daughters.

- Scene cuts to Hillary at various moments during her career -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I've done a lot of things during the course of my career. As a young lawyer, I fought for civil rights laws to be enforced in South Carolina. As a postgraduate, I became one of the two female faculty members at the University of Arkansas Law School and helped found Fayetteville, Arkansas' first rape crisis center. As First Lady of Arkansas, I secured federal money to expand health care access in the most rural communities. As First Lady of the United States, I pressued Congress to act on children's health insurance. As a Senator from New York, I've worked with Democrats and Republicans to put America first.

- Scene cuts to Hillary walking down a quiet street near her New York home-

HILLARY: I've done a lot in my life, but the proudest moments have come while standing up for the American people. I've done it in the courtroom, I've done it Arkansas, and I've done it in the Senate. Now, I want to do it from the White House. I'm running for President and I hope you'll come with me on this journey.

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2018, 08:33:14 PM »

Iowa City, IA

September 21, 2011

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »

Campaign schedule for September

Overview:
Michigan : Sep. 1 - Sep. 10
New York: Sep. 11
New Hampshire: Sep. 12 - Sep. 20
Iowa: Sep. 20 - Sep. 30

Highlights:

Michigan ( Sep. 1 - Sep. 10 )
Kickoff Speech
Rallys in Detroit, Dearborn, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Flint, and Ann Arbor (Healthcare)
Fundraisers in Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Lansing.
Meetings with Republicans and Democrats from Michigan in Lansing (Legislators)
Key Policy: Representative Upton says that he plans on making a move on healthcare within his first 100 days in Office keeping the parts of ObamaCare that benefit the American and scrapping those that hurt he plans on keeping the law against denial due to pre existing conditions.

New York ( Sep. 11 )
Suspended campaigning in remembrance of 9/11

New Hampshire ( Sep. 12 - Sep. 20 )
Speech in Concord and New Haven (Gun Rights)
Rallys in Concord New Haven Manchester and Keene
Town Halls in Concord and Keene
Fundraisers in Manchester and New Haven
Meetings with Republicans in the state house and senate
Opening a Campaign office in Manchester
Key Policy: Rep. Upton has pledged to expand background checks to cover the gun show and online buying loopholes, but he promises not to expand gun restrictions and will veto any bill seeing to do so on those that do not pose a risk to society.

Iowa ( Sep. 20 - Sep. 30 )
First Campaign office in Iowa is opened in Des Moines
Barnstorm in Ames
Speech in Des Moines (Ethanol)
Speech in Ames (Gun Rights)
Speech in Davenport and Dubuque (Affirmative Action)
Key Policy: Rep. Upton says that he cannot support the ethanol subsidies as they may hurt the environment more then they help as they have been proven to use more oil to make then they save. In Ames he promises to fight for gun rights, but expand background checks and make sure that the American People have access to firearms and those who do not have a criminal record have the ability to purchase firearms. And in Davenport and Dubuque he says he does not support affirmative action and adds that he believes people should be given opportunities based on Merit and not on race gender or religion.  

Operations:
Setting up operations in states that have more open primaries, putting the most resources into New Hampshire where more moderate independent voters can vote and letting the more moderate Republicans in the state help him there.
Spending time with his niece Kate Upton in Michigan before departing for New York to pay his respects to those who have fallen.
Building up a grass roots fundraising base with UptonCares.com and recruiting precinct captains and volunteers in Iowa New Hampshire and Nevada.  

(Jindal is letting me use his format Purple heart)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2018, 08:48:50 PM »

Des Moines, IA

September 25, 2011

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »

Walter Jones Debate Responses

All of us here on stage agree that Obamacare is not the way to go. This was a rushed bill with little input from the American people, and this is the worst kind of central planning imaginable. I would act swiftly to repeal Obamacare. With that said, we shouldn't leave people dying on the street. Society does have a role to protect those who have nothing, and I as President would look into ways that the federal government can strengthen protections for uninsured and at-risk Americans while maintaining the dignity of our free-market system. We need to think long and hard about what comes after Obamacare is gone. If we just go back to the way it was right before, then we'll have solved little about our healthcare system. It's time for some responsibility in our leadership again.

I come from a little town called Farmville, North Carolina. I learned the value of hard work from an early age, and I helped run my family's company for a number of years. That kind of upbringing and experience has taught me what it means to own a small business, to try and earn a decent living, and to make ends meet. I understand that both workers and small business owners haven't gotten the assistance they need. Wages have been stagnant for many years, and President Obama hasn't solved that problem. He also hasn't brought unemployment down to normal levels. If this keeps up, we'll see an entire generation displaced and worse off than their parents were. I admit I differ from my colleagues in certain ways. For example, we need to see an increase in the minimum wage in order to help out average Americans and boost demand in our economy. An average Republican won't be able to correct the ship after a recession like this one. That's why I'm running. We need new ideas and fresh faces in Washington.

It's simple: I did what few politicians do and admit I made a mistake. I made a mistake when I voted for a war that had no end. I made a mistake when I pushed for the deaths of thousands of American lives that could have been saved. I thought we were going into Iraq with the right intentions. Saddam Hussein was clearly a man who brutalized his own people. However, seeing the chaos unfold and the unexplained questions from the Bush administration made me question what we went into. After visiting the funeral for the son of a family in my district, I realized just what we had done--what *I* had done. Ever since then, I've done whatever I can in Congress to avoid repeating the mistakes we did in Iraq. General Smedley Butler said it best that war is a racket, and it should only be the final option. Americans don't deserve being subject to any further foreign adventures just because warmongers want regime change or to push their influence in a region. It's troubling to see so many here push for more aggression when we're talking about human lives at stake. War affects each and every one of us, and when we go to war, it must be done responsibly. That is the ultimate lesson of Iraq.

Closing statement:

This year, we have choices. We can choose to follow along the path of the donor class, who want crony capitalism, endless wars, and more of the same business we're used to. Those candidates are up here on this stage. 2012 is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change Washington for the better, though. I'm running as a different kind of Republican. You won't see me cozying up to lobbyists, because I don't want their money. The establishment has tried to knock me out many times now, but I always come out standing because the people of my district know they have a congressman with integrity. I'll stand up for regular Americans whose voices have been left behind for years. I'll fix our VA system and take care of veterans who have been ignored for so long. I'll protect our entitlements like Social Security unlike those who wish to put a wrecking ball to it all. I'll put America first: both by stopping these horrible trade deals and by avoiding military entanglements like Washington warned us. If you want real change this election, I'm your guy. Thank you.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: September 1-30

September 1-5: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; reaching out to pro-life organizations; building campaign staff statewide, particularly rural areas.

September 6-12: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; multiple interviews with local radio stations; building campaign infrastructure with focus on grassroots enthusiasm.

September 12-20: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; interviews with local TV stations; building relationships with veterans groups; building campaign infrastructure with strong focus on northern SC, bordering Congressman Jones's district.

September 21-23: Congressional duties; interviews with CNN and Fox News; anti-war rally against Libyan intervention in Washington, D.C.

September 24-26: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; outreach to Latino and veterans groups; building campaign infrastructure with focus on rural areas.

September 27-28: Town halls and meet and greets in Minnesota; interviews with local radio and TV outlets; building up ground game for caucus.

September 29-30: Town halls in South Carolina; rally in Charleston; continued outreach with veterans groups; voter registration drive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies