Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:49:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26578 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »
« edited: February 17, 2018, 07:00:03 PM by DKrol »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
January 22 to January 31, 2012

January 22: Senator Clinton holds a victory press conference in Reno, Nevada to celebrate her victory in the Nevada Caucus. She thanks her supporters and her "excellent field team" for buoying her to such a large victory "in such a critical state". When asked about her odds in South Carolina, she responds by saying "We're going to contest every state. Whether or not we win every state - that's up to the voters". She was also asked if she was worried that missing the most recent debate hurt her chances. Senator Clinton responded with a chuckle, saying "I wish I could give the Vice President an hour and a half on prime time every night. It seems every time he talks, he puts his foot in his mouth". She went on to reference his weak debate performance, which included bizarre comments on the Civil War, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

Following the press conference, Senator Clinton flies to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

January 23: Senator Clinton's day begins by making the rounds on the local media circuit, sitting down for interviews with the Sun-Sentinal and the Miami Herald and also appearing on WINK, WTVJ, and WMBB. She then holds a rally at the Reverend Samuel Delevoe Memorial Park with Florida Senator Bill Nelson and California Senator Dianne Feinstein. At the rally Senator Clinton talks about the importance of unity, "not just within the Democratic Party, but across the nation". She calls Vice President "a loose cannon, who could throw off our most stable geo-political alliances with just one of his trademark gaffes". At the rally in Fort Launderdale, Senator Clinton makes the pledge to have gender parity in her Cabinet.

After the rally, Senator Clinton, Senator Nelson, and Senator Feinstein drive to the Food Pantry of Broward County and spend two hours volunteering there.

January 24: The Clinton Campaign drives to Miami during the predawn hours of the morning. The day begins with a round-table breakfast meeting on gun control with local political and social leaders. Senator Clinton committs herself to "the cause of making sure only responsible people with a peaceful desire for a gun can get a gun". After the breakfast, she travels to the Francis W. Taylor Wildlife Management Area and goes on a tour of a portion of the property with Florida Fish and Wildlife officers. She uses the opportunity to make a pitch for the conservation of the planet "because it's the only one we've got" and calls on companies to adopt "protective, pro-Earth policies".

Senator Clinton then flies to Fort Myers and holds a rally at jetBlue Park at Fenway South, Spring Training home of the Boston Red Sox. At the rally, she highlights her many decades in public service, "shattering glass ceilings all along the way". The main theme of the night is shattering "the final, largest, toughest glass ceiling left".

January 25: After sleeping in Fort Myers, Senator Clinton catches an early-morning flight to Spartanburg, South Carolina.

She begins her tour of South Carolina with a visit at the BMW plant in Greer. While meeting with workers there she notes with joy that the plant was negotiated and opened during her time as First Lady, hearkening back to the economic successes of the 1990s. She applauds the workers for being "one of the highest producing BMW plants" in the world. Senator Clinton then gives a speech near the plant to re-explain her plan to revitalize the American economy, emphasizing the points of increasing tax relief for the middle class, instituting the Summer Gas Tax Holiday, and expanding job re-training programs for people "otherwise left behind by the evolving economy".

In the afternoon she tapes an interview, to appear on NBC News, with Andrea Mitchell.

January 26: Senator Clinton drives to Aiken, South Carolina where she holds a town hall meeting with veterans. In the evening she and former President Clinton meet with local African American and religious leaders in Barnwell, South Carolina to discuss increasing employment among African Americans and ensuring that "the triumphs of electing our first African American President do not" get tossed by the wayside once President Obama is out of office.

January 27: Senator Clinton begins her day at Clemson University, where she meets with students before giving a GOTV speech in the Fike Recreation Center. She emphasises the importance of young people turning out to vote "to send the message that young people are paying attention to this election and that they want their voices heard". In the afternoon she goes door knocking in the local area with Clemson University College Democrats and other "Youth for Hillary" South Carolina volunteers.

The Clinton Campaign's senior staff hold an evening strategy session with Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton at their County Headquarters in Greenville.

January 28: GOTV begins early, with Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton visiting various diners and breakfast joints across Richland County from 5 AM to 8 AM. Later in the morning, the Clintons then rally volunteers at South Carolina State Headquarters in Columbia and go door knocking for a few hours in Columbia's Forest Acres and Arcadia Lakes neighbourhoods. Senator Clinton then drives to Sumter, South Carolina, where she meets with local Democratic Party activists and does a few hours worth of phonebanking with them.

Senator Clinton, Former President Clinton, and the Clinton Campaign senior staff wait for results to come in from the Residence Inn by Mariott in Florence. Once the results are clear, Senator Clinton addresses her supporters at the Election Night rally at the Smith University Center at Francis Marion University. Regardless of the outcome of the night, the message is positive and serves to transition the campaign to Florida.

January 29: The Clinton Campaign kicks into full-gear in Florida the morning after South Carolina. Senator Clinton flies from South Carolina to Miami in the early morning hours, and hits the ground running with a speech on the tarmac, where she signals "the beginning of a new phase of the campaign", where the delegate totals and vote margins "really begin to take hold". She stresses her early successes in Iowa, where she had been behind, in New Hampshire, and in Nevada, where she far exceeded expections. She calls Florida "the crown jewel of the primary" and promises to "make up for the DNC's mistreatment of Florida" in 2008.

After her tarmac speech, Senator Clinton meets with voters at Miami's Tropical Park before traveling downtown to meet with innovators in the bio-tech industry at Jackson Memorial Hospital. She also makes a point of meeting with patients at the hospital.

January 30: Early in the morning, Senator Clinton rallies volunteers at the Clinton Campaign's Florida Headquarters in the Wynwood Art District of Miami. After making an hour's worth of phonecalls, Senator Clinton flies to Daytona Beach. Upon arrival in Daytona Beach, she gives a speech at Mainland High School, in which she talks about the importance of recognizing the impact of climate change and taking steps to ensure that "large swaths of our country - much of Florida - still exist in fifty, one hundred, three hundred years". After the speech, Senator Clinton meets with teachers and administrators at the school before going door knocking in the area with Florida Senator Bill Nelson.

January 31: Overnight, Senator Clinton drives from Daytona Beach to Jacksonville. She and Former President Clinton travel to various polling places across the city to meet with early voters. She brings with her boxes of doughnuts and cases of coffee, handing them out to Clinton Campaign volunteers as a thank you for their hard work. The Clintons then travel to Klutho Park, where they meet with voters before Senator Clinton gives a GOTV speech cementing the "critical nature" of a "tremendous victory" in Florida.

After the speech in Klutho Park, Senator Clinton flies to Tallahassee. She begins by going door knocking in the historic Frenchtown neighbourhood and then visits, with Former President Clinton, polling places across the city as the polls begin to close. The Clinton Campaign sends out a mass-text-and-email reminding voters that if they're in line when the polls close, they are required to be allowed to vote. Senator Clinton, Former President Clinton, Senator Bill Nelson, and the Clinton Campaign senior staff wait for results to come in from the Staybridge Suites in Tallahassee. Once the results are clear, Senator Clinton addresses her supporters at the Election Night rally at Doak Campbell Stadium on the campus of Florida State University. She makes note in her speech, regardless of the outcome, that Vice President Biden had been there the night before but that she was there "for the night that counts".
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing in Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #9
A Seat for Everyone at the Table, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #10
In Their Own Words, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with Biden on the campaign trail in 2012-

NARRATOR: Joe Biden has run a dangerous campaign based on division, hatred, and fear mongering. Just listen to him:

BIDEN: "I give my word as a Biden, that we will prevail, and that even if we do not, neither will Senator Clinton."

BIDEN: "If it means promising Kim Jong-Un we'll protect his regime for the duration of a Biden Presidency to get him to disarm his nuclear weapons, it's a trade I'm willing to make."

BIDEN: "I was wrong to not filibuster Clarence Thomas. I was wrong to allow Clarence Thomas a hearing on the Judiciary Committee. He does not deserve a place on the highest court on the land."

BIDEN: "It's not my fault Republicans in Congress were more interested in denying President Obama any achievement whatsoever, in what was obviously blatant racism. Seriously, we haven't seen anything this bad since before the Civil War."

- Scene shifts to Hillary on the campaign trail -

NARRATOR: Meanwhile, Senator Hillary Clinton has been running a committed, policy-driven, optomistic campaign for the future of our country:

HILLARY: "The way to end this crisis ... is to get illegal guns off the streets and keep guns out of the hands of unstable and dangerous people."

HILLARY: "I believe that every child is entitled to a good education, regardless of their skin color or economic status. We need to start our public education at a younger age."

HILLARY: "I want to build a country where every person has the full opportunity to take part in the beautiful American dream."

HILLARY: "That's how we're going to turn the economy around and get America back on track, by giving the American people the incentives that they need to increase their spending, increase their savings, and increase consumer confidence."

NARRATOR: You've heard from the candidates in their own words. Is it still a question at this point who would make a better President of the United States?

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 11:00:06 AM »

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule
January 22 to January 31, 2012

Senator Jeanne Shaheen rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Bill Nelson campaigns with Senator Clinton in Florida.

Mayor Tom Menino rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Governor Andrew Cuomo rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Mark Warner rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in South Carolina.

Senator Dianne Feinstein campaigns with Senator Clinton in Florida.

Governor John Hickenlooper rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Senator Debbie Stabenow rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Senator Tom Harkin rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Congressman Dave Loebsack rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Governor Brian Schweitzer rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Governor Dannel Malloy leads fundraising efforts on the East Coast.

Former Senator Bob Graham rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Florida.

Former Florida CFO Alex Sink rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Florida.

Former Maine Governor John Baldacci rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 04:18:31 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
February 1 to February 7, 2012

February 1: Senator Clinton holds an early morning press conference in Tallahassee, Florida to thank her supporters and her surrogates "who worked tirelessly" to secure the massive Clinton victory in the Sunshine State. After the press conference, she flies to Washington, D.C.

February 2: Senator Clinton spends the day on Senate-related work, while senior campaign staffers hold strategy talks in Baltimore.

February 3: Senator Clinton spends the day on Senate-related work, while senior campaign staffers hold strategy talks in Baltimore.

February 4: Senator Clinton flies from Washington, D.C. to Minneapolis, Minnesota early in the morning. She holds a town hall meeting at the Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts in Minneapolis in the morning, using it as a platform to convey her economic policy to the "hardworking folks of the Upper Midwest". After the town hall, Senator Clinton drives to St. Paul and holds a rally in Xcel Energy Center. In her speech, Senator Clinton laments Vice President Biden's "continual gaffes and faux pas" and argues that "one of his slip up at the wrong moment could destabilize" the global community. She also presents her economic recovery plan as "better for the real working class" than Vice President Biden's. In the evening, she has dinner with a group of Clinton Campaign volunteers in St. Cloud and then spends an hour making GOTV phone calls with them.

February 5: Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton attend morning services at the Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church. After the services, Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton fly to Michigan. Upon arrival in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Senator Clinton, Former President Clinton, and Senator Debbie Stabenow tour the University of Michigan Medical School and meet with "the doctors of tomorrow". After the tour, the trio travel across town to Michigan Stadium where they hold a rally. Senator Stabenow introduces Former President Clinton, who introduces Senator Clinton. Much like the rally in Minnesota, Senator Clinton uses the Michigan rally to present her economic recovery plan. After the rally in Michigan, Senator Clinton flies back to Minnesota.

February 6: Senator Clinton spends the morning door knocking with Clinton Campaign volunteers in Duluth, Minnesota. After a few hours of door knocking, Senator Clinton drives to Virginia, Minnesota, where she tours a portion of George Washington State Forest. She uses the opportunity to discuss the need for strict environmental controls to preserve "our natural bounty" while also protecting jobs. From Virginia, Minnesota, Senator Clinton flies to Rochester, Minnesota. In Rochester, she tours the IBM facility their. She applauds IBM for "always being on the cutting edge" of technology and industry. Senator Clinton also meets with employees of Think Mutual Bank and stresses the importance of "local, community banks" to the American economy. Over night, Senator Clinton flies to Missouri.

February 7: Senator Clinton begins the day by door knocking with Clinton Campaign volunteers in Kansas City, Missouri. She then travels to the Clinton Campaign's Missouri State Headquarters in Kansas City and makes an hour of GOTV calls with volunteers. Senator Clinton then tours the Sprint office in Kansas City and meets with employees there, praising Sprint's role in "America's technological revolution." She also visits several polling locations in nearby Independence, Missouri. Senator Clinton takes an early evening flight to Bloomington, Minnesota to hold a final GOTV rally at Normandale Community College. After the GOTV rally, she travels around to various caucus sites to rally caucusgoers. She and senior campaign staffers watch results come in from Missouri and Minnesota at the JW Marriot Minneapolis.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
February 2012 Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton: Detroit has always been a haven for industry and innovation. A lot of that comes from the can-do spirit of the great people of this city. When the auto industry went sour in 2008, a lot of people were hurt by it. Now, the President can't have a magic wand and make the jobs come back. That just can't happen. But what we can do, and what I'll do as President, is push for employee re-education programs to help former auto industry employees, and other Americans left behind in the Obama Recovery, transition into the new, post-recession economy. I will also present Congress with an ambitious plan to invest in small businesses and local communities, and help adult learners go to two- or four-year higher education programs. It's from the ground up that we will get Americans back on their feet and back on work.

Clinton: We've discussed this question in the primary before, but I'm always glad to present my vision for this country at every opportunity. I've been working for free and fair trade since I entered public service. America must be the leading member of the global economic community. I think this is an unequivocal position, something any economist worth their degree will tell you that free trade is good for consumers. It brings low-cost products into the market, increases competition for products, and allows each country to find what they excel at and do it well. As President, I would work with our friends in Asia and in Europe to develop new and strong trade agreements that benefit Americans, as consumers and employees. Is every free trade agreement we're currently in perfect? No. And as President I will work to fix some of the flaws in our free trade system to make it more free, more fair, and more honest. This means working towards trade deals that give workers across the globe equal treatment and a livable wage, for humanitarian purposes and also to put American workers on equal footing with their foreign counterparts.

Clinton: I've been in the Senate for the last 12 years. A lot of that time has been under a Republican Majority. Despite that, I've been on the front lines of crafting policy and shaping the national discussion. As President, I will work with a possible Republican Congress in the same way I've worked with Republicans in the Senate - by proposing strong, bipartisan ideas that work for the American people. It's important for people in Washington to remember that that's the reason we're in office: to work for the American people and create a better country to live in. That will always be my approach when working with Congress, regardless of which party has the majority.

Clinton: Again, this is something we've talked about a lot during this campaign. I refuse to pander my campaign to any interest group or specific segment of the electorate. I'm running, and I've run, a campaign based on presenting a clear, bold vision for the United States of America. For a lot of my career, I was labelled as a liberal, which would be progressive by today's standards. I've also been called a moderate or a centrist. I've never been able to be pegged into a specific ideological stance and I think my campaign has proven that. If progressive Democrats want a candidate who can win the primary, who can win in November, and who has the strongest plan for our country's future, they should vote for me. Any Democrat, any Republican, any American who wants a clear vision for American should vote fore me.

Clinton: Anyone with a career in the public eye as long as mine will undoubtedly have evolved in their positions over the course of their time. While some of my specific policies may have changed over the decades, the guiding principles that have always led my career have remained the same. Every day, I get up and ask "What can I do today to make American a better place to live?". That's how I've tried to direct my choices and positions during my time in public service. My goal has always been to move America forward. What policies that takes shape in, I guess, can change as time goes on.

Clinton: This now the fifth or sixth time, I think, that I've been able to speak to the American people directly from a debate stage during this campaign. I want to thank you all for inviting myself and Vice President Biden, and the various other candidates, into your homes and your living rooms. I hope that over the course of these several debates that we've been able to present the clear differences between myself and the Vice President, in personality, temperament, and substantive policy. I hope that you've been able to take the time to think about which candidate will better represent the Democratic Party and the United States of America, and which candidate can win the election in November. I want to thank you all for taking part in our democracy and for taking the steps to be involved and knowledgeable about the issues and candidates in this race. I hope we'll be able to talk again soon.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule
February 1 to February 7, 2012

Senator Jeanne Shaheen rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Bill Nelson rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Mayor Tom Menino rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Governor Andrew Cuomo rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Mark Warner rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Missouri.

Senator Dianne Feinstein rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Governor John Hickenlooper rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Senator Debbie Stabenow rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Senator Tom Harkin rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Minnesota.

Congressman Dave Loebsack rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Minnesota.

Governor Brian Schweitzer rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Minnesota.

Governor Dannel Malloy rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Former Senator Bob Graham leads Clinton Campaign national fundraising efforts.

Former Florida CFO Alex Sink leads GOTV operations in Minnesota.

Former Maine Governor John Baldacci rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Maine Congresswoman Chellie Pingree rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle leads GOTV operations in Missouri.

Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell leads Clinton Campaign fundraising efforts on the East Coast.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 04:17:41 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #9
A Seat for Everyone at the Table, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #10
In Their Own Words, Airing Nationwide