Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26291 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2018, 10:17:50 PM »

Carson City, NV

You must be logged in to read this quote.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2018, 10:52:59 PM »

Waterloo, IA

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »

Tampa, FL

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »

Greenville, SC

[quote]
Now, I know I'm not a very public figure. In fact, I don't often endorse candidates for primaries. But I feel during a time like this, there is only one clear choice for South Carolina and America. And that choice is Bobby Jindal.

cheers

The Republican field right now is of two types of candidates: those who want change and those who don't. And after Obama's disastrous term in office, we need change.

cheers

But not only is Jindal the change candidate, an even better quality about Jindal is that he actually defines his policy, unlike other candidates. He has a plan for Obamacare. He has a plan for infrastructure. He has a plan for Iraq. And it's always better to have a prepared President than one who just stumbles into office like Obama.

laughs

He's had experience running a government as Governor of Louisiana. He was able to pass major tax reform for his state. And if elected President, I could see even better change happening here, in South Carolina. Our economy and workforce were destroyed by the recession. But Jindal knows exactly what to do to get our jobs back. And he knows exactly what to do to get our main streets open again.

cheers

He knows how to get South Carolina and America back on track. And this is why I, Jim DeMint, am officially endorsing Bobby Jindal for President.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2018, 11:54:23 PM »

Lexington, SC

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2018, 12:16:56 AM »

Ad #1 for Governor Jindal

"Crossroads"

To be aired in South Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire

America is at a crossroads.
(Close up on girl running through wheat field to a road crossing)

(Girl looks in both directions)

One direction, change.

The other, the same old ways of every other presidency.

One leads to a reborn conservative movement, and the other leads to the death of the conservative movement.

One advocates for keeping their promises and doing politics differently, and the other advocates to keep the Washington machine running.

One advocates for a secure nation, and the other advocates what ever the focus groups say.

And only one advocates for a future.

(Girl runs to the brighter side)

(Cut to black)

It's decision time.

I'm Bobby Jindal and I approve this message.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »

Walter Jones Debate Responses

Any decision to reduce our involvement in Iraq is a good one. To call this a "withdrawal," however, is taking the spin from the Obama administration as truth. Let's look into the details on this, folks. We're seeing combat troops leave the region, but in their place, we still have so-called peacekeeping troops on the ground. There are still over 15,000 of our men and women there. We have 5,000 defense contractors in Iraq no matter what. Why would we need these defense contractors if we're not engaging in conflict? It seems to be that President Obama wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to be known as the peace president when the hard work has yet to be done to bring peace in Iraq, and that's an absolute shame.

I changed my mind on the Iraq War because of what I saw on the ground there. We had no clear mission. President Bush never gave a deadline for when we would leave. Obama ran on fixing this mess, but he's only engaging in half-measures now. With a President Jones, withdrawal means withdrawal. I would take all of our troops back home and focus on our problems here at home. Think of how much bloodshed happened over this past decade when it could have been avoided. While we can't go back in time, our troops deserve better for the sacrifices they have made every step of the way. Instead of keeping them in the deserts, it's time we gave them new legs, better mental health treatment, and integrating them back into civilian life. That's our God-given responsibility as a nation.

Governors Romney and Christie both say that they've evolved on their opinion of abortion. That's all well and good. Here's where we differ, though: I have always been passionately devoted to the cause of life. In fact, that was the reason why I became a Republican twenty years ago. I grew up in a family of lifelong Democrats, so you can imagine how that might have gone. *laughs* My father grew ill and retired from office after serving in Congress as a Democrat for many years. As he was approaching his deathbed, I came up to him and told him, "I'm going to change my party affiliation." I was strongly concerned by the way that the Democratic Party was heading by that point. I rose my right hand to my Lord and Savior to make my pledge, and my father told me, "I understand that." A month later, he would pass away.

Since then, my convictions have only strengthened. I've made it one of my missions in Congress to protect the unborn however I can. I've introduced legislation to defund Planned Parenthood, limit abortion after 20 weeks, and establish stronger protections for abortion survivors and harsher penalties for those doctors. When you're in a position of power, it's your duty from God to cherish life. If we can't even hold to that standard as a nation, then I fear for the future. We as Republicans should make it clear that this is a top priority for us, and it certainly would be in a Jones administration. I've backed up my words with action and a lifetime of conviction.

Dissatisfied would be putting it mildly. *laughs*

Here is what's going on with the House leadership: They are systematically silencing and punishing conservative voices when we dare to speak out about our firmly held beliefs. In fact, Speaker Boehner even recently kicked me off from my spot in the Armed Services Committee because I voted differently than he would have liked me to on one or two bills. I thought the Republican Party was supposed to be a big tent of ideas. This isn't only happening to me, by the way. It's happening to plenty of my colleagues in the House, like Congressman Amash. When we call the rising debt an immoral beast and refuse to go along with the latest crony spending deal, we're only met with hostility from the leadership.

Here, I'll talk directly to the viewers at home: This goes to show that the Republican establishment doesn't give a damn about you. They'll take your votes for granted and vote to keep business as usual. We can't tolerate this anymore as a nation if we want to see things change for the better. There is so much anger out there, from Occupy on the left to the tea Party on the right, and these folks really agree on more than you may think. They want to see a better future for themselves and their children, and they know the root of the problem lies in Washington D.C. The leadership we have right now is like Medusa, and we must cut its head off to see it fall. We can't tolerate the Washington establishment anymore. That's why I'm running to make a difference.

Response to Congressman Paul:

Congressman Paul, you know we've been good friends for many years, and it's been an absolute pleasure to work alongside you. With that said, we have issues we can respectfully disagree on. I voted for those two lesser stimulus bills because the economy was in desperate need of life at that point, and they would have injected enough demand to start the recovery. We should never forget just how close we were to the entire financial system collapsing and leaving millions of innocent Americans with nothing in the process. I should note that I didn't vote for the $797 million stimulus package pushed by President Obama. You haven't stayed totally true to libertarian principles either, I might add. You are a big proponent of adding earmarks in bills, but I'm opposed to all pork barrel spending.

Closing statement:

Americans are angry. Americans want change. They want leaders they can actually trust, not just puppets for donors. For far too long, we've been used to the status quo, but 2012 is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to turn things around. I'm running for President because I have a record that defies the establishment time and time again. I refuse to play along with the House leadership's games, and while they may try to punish me, I never back down. I vote my conscience 100% of the time and I serve this duty knowing that I am accountable to the Lord at the end of the day. Integrity is what we need more of in Washington, and I would provide that. I'm not backed by big money; I'm running with the support of thousands of small donors. These are people who work regular jobs and wish to support their families. I'm accountable to these people, and I thank everyone out there for their support so far. This campaign is not stopping. It's only just beginning. Thank you, and God bless this country.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2018, 01:12:42 AM »

Excerpt from CNN interview with Congressman Jones

Interviewer: What do you make of the rising Occupy Wall Street movement?

Jones: Well, this is fundamentally a very good thing. You may disagree with their ideas or their methods, and I certainly condemn the violence that has happened on some occasions. However, these are ordinary people standing up and demanding more from their government. They see that politicians work for big banks, prop up endless wars, and leave the middle class in debt while they continue to profit. It's a corrupt system to the core, and we need to clean out the people responsible for things like the War in Iraq and our last recession. You know, the Occupy people are really not much different from those who attend Tea Party rallies. Both want more accountability from their leaders.

Interviewer: You definitely sound more sympathetic to the protestors than many of your Republican rivals.

Jones: You could say that. But, like I said, the people who really deserve anger are our leaders who have failed us time and time again. It's no wonder that you're seeing protests everywhere now! Although I'm a Republican, we can't put everyone in neat little boxes. I would like to see the restoration of Glass-Steagal, for example, since banks were left off the hook after massive financial deregulation. We also need to end the policy of "too big to fail." Here's what I'll say to the viewers at home: If you want someone who can bridge the gap between Occupy and the Tea Party, I'm your guy. We need a political revolution in this country to right the ship, and that's what this campaign is about.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2018, 01:44:51 AM »

Walter Jones Schedule: October 1-31

October 1-5: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; rally in Davenport; building contacts with Evangelical leaders; targeting pro-life voters; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters; campaign outreach in urban areas, particularly college students; voter registration drive.

October 6-12: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; rally in Carson City; outreach to Mormon leaders and voters in the east; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters; building inroads to libertarian organizations; outreach to veterans groups statewide; beefing up state campaign HQ in Las Vegas; voter registration drive.

October 13-21: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rallies in Mount Pleasant, Rock Hill, and Columbia; strengthening relationships with veterans groups; targeting pro-life voters; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters; multiple interviews with local TV and radio stations; intense campaign to attract Evangelical voters; building campaign infrastructure in the west; networking with local GOP branches; voter registration drive.

October 22: Congressional duties in Washington D.C.

October 23-24: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; interviews with local radio stations.

October 25-29: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rally in Hilton Head Island; fundraiser in Columbia; continued effort to rally Evangelical voters; persuading soft Paul and Carolla supporters; voter registration drive.

October 30-31: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; interviews with local radio stations; outreach to local GOP branches; persuading soft Carolla supporters.

Walter Jones Campaign Strategy
-Present candidate as *the* populist choice in the GOP field: uncorrupted, fighting the GOP establishment
-Make strong efforts to attract supporters of Trump and Palin as their candidacies fade
-Differentiate candidate from the 'libertarians' (Paul and Carolla) by highlighting unorthodox positions and pro-military stance
-Strong focus on small campaign contributions, attracting grassroots enthusiasm
-Harness the power of Occupy Wall Street and Tea Party to rally disaffected voters to the Jones campaign
-Trumpet strong pro-life stance through the primary states, particularly in Iowa and South Carolina
-Meet voters one-on-one on the campaign trail and make lasting impressions
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:07 AM »

Walter Jones Ad: Convinction

I'm Congressman Walter Jones.

You won't see me palling around with career politicians, or make promises to lobbyists for campaign cash. That's because I work for the average man and woman against the Washington establishment every day.

I vote on conviction. The only two groups who I'm accountable to are the American people and the Lord. In Washington, though, I'm considered dangerous. John Boehner and his cronies have kicked me off committees to try and silence my voice and many other conservatives.

I say let's take the fight to them and show that our voices will never be silenced. I approve this message because it's our time for a political revolution.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2018, 02:51:09 AM »

Walter Jones Endorsements

Congressman Jimmy Duncan

"This man, Walter Jones, is the most honorable man I have had the distinction of serving with in Congress, ladies and gentlemen. You can take that to the bank. He is a true man of faith and you just can't replicate that. To have him as President would mean that we have real moral leadership in the White House again. He would be concerned with America first and foremost. I urge you all to take a look at his campaign. The man's record speaks for himself."

Former Congressman Virgil Goode

"Jones loves this country to the core. I've been with him in Congress and you can just tell who's sucked up in the system and who isn't. He never cared about being part of the Washington crowd because he knows it's the cesspool that's hurting this fine country. He's right on borders, he's right on trade, and he's right on the wars. We need a man like Walter Jones to bring America back to greatness again."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2018, 04:08:08 AM »

Ernie Fletcher for President
Campaign Highlights

Fletcher holds first Rally in Mt. Sterling, KY
FOX News

Fletcher holds Fundraiser in Lexington, KY
Fox News

Picture not Available

Fletcher holds Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
Fox News

Fletcher endorsed by Governor Candidate Mike Pence at Indianapolis Rally
Fox News

Fletcher holds first Iowa rally in Cedar Rapids
CNN

Fletcher holds Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
Fox News

Picture not Available

Fletcher endorsed by FMR Governor Sonny Perdue at Atlanta rally
CNN

Fletcher and Perdue hold Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
Fox News

Picture not Available

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2018, 07:12:09 AM »

Feingold 2012

October 1-7

Feingold made his first stops in Nevada and Florida, this week, organising his ground effort and meeting with progressive leaders to gain their support. He conducted several major rallies all over the states, in particular delivering a powerful speech on defending Social Security from Republican cuts. He also vowed to start using antitrust laws much more, promising that those at the top would not get away with theft again.

October 8-14

Feingold spent this week in the south, visiting impoverished neighbourhoods and meeting again with local leaders for their support. He met with several local activists as well, attempting to rally their support. In addition to impoverished areas, he also made visits to university campuses all over the south, meeting with several students to recruit them as local volunteers.

October 15-21

Feingold spent this week strategizing, as well as meeting with Senators Sanders and Brown for reasons unknown

October 22-24

Rest days

October 26-31

These days were spent in the industrial states, as Feingold attempted to rally support from unions and industrial workers through his opposition to TPP and additional free trade agreements.

(OOC: my debate answers will be up soon. Very personal tragedy occurred here)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »

Carolla Campaign update 2

Carolla campaigned in Nevada and in his home of California on reforming Medicare and Social Security

He called out responses to Democrats by saying that he promised not to cut anything and anyone from Medicare and Social Security.

Carolla is expected to be on the Tonight show with David Letterman later this week.
DFL

« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »

Romney 2012 Ad #3
Trust.
Air in all early contested states

Three short years ago, America trusted a man with little experience who made big promises.

Promises to fix the economy and lower unemployment.

Promises to fix healthcare

And promises to fix America's image abroad.

We all know how well those promises turned out.

So why, America, should we make the same mistake again?

Chris Christie's two short years as Governor of New Jersey have been all talk and no action

And now he wants to be our President?

Doesn't that remind you of someone?

Let's not make the same mistake we did last time, America. In 2012, we need someone we can trust to restore America's potential, not just an ambitious politician with big promises.

Mitt Romney has spent over two decades turning around businesses, and states. Mitt gets it.

We can't risk our country's future again. Elect someone you can trust to actually do what they say.
 Elect Mitt Romney. (I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message)

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »

Governor Jindal's interview with Jake Tapper

DFL

« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »

Jacksonville, Florida
October 21st, 2011

DFL

« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2018, 02:44:28 PM »

Sandoval and Heller Endorse Romney

Las Vegas, Nevada
October 26th, 2011

DFL

« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2018, 02:56:48 PM »

Romney Speech on Healthcare

Charleston, South Carolina
October 15th, 2011

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »

Carolla interview with David Letterman
October 13th 2011

Joining me now is a good friend of mine and a candidate for the Republican Party Presidental nomination please it up for Adam Carolla
*Crowd cheers*

Letterman:Now I have seen people saying that you are just running for attention and more fame and that you don’t actually care about the position of power.

Carolla:Oh that’s nonsense. If I was running for attention I would of just dropped out after a month!  I know what I am doing and I believe I can bring a revolution of liberty to this country.

Letterman:Very well. How do you feel with your rise in your polls and your appeal to the rising momvemt of the Tea Party?

Carolla:Well you know I think my policies and my views could appeal to everyone.

Im about to hit back to Nevada and California however I have spent some time down in Iowa and South Carolina and I have said I feel for their cause.  I know what it’s like to be in their shoes you see.

It’s very hard scary and sad but I had hope and promise and you know I feel proud to know that after a childhood where we were lucky to get 50 dollars that I am here and have glee in what I have accomplished.

As for my rise. Well I gotta be honest you know I wanted to rise however I didn’t know it was going to be this far you know? I’m am very excited and anticipate what happens next.

Letterman:One more question.  How do feel about Occupy Wall Street? since in the Democratic debates they asked that but not you guys.

Carolla:Well I understand the cause and yes as President I will fight against Wall Street corruption as president however the way they protest I am against. I would just peaceful stand there you know rather than being all violent and starting a riot.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »

Interview with Ernie Fletcher
ABC News

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2018, 05:54:44 PM »

Upton 2012
[/size][/color]

Schedule
October 1st to 21st New Hampshire
October 22nd to 25th Maine
October 26th to 30th Florida
October 31st Michigan
[/b]

New Hampshire Sub Schedule

Week of the 1st
Rallys in Manchester and Concord
Photo op at a Diner in Keene
Church Service at the North Church of Portsmouth

Week of the 3rd

Rallys in Manchester,Concord, and Portsmouth
Speeches in Nashua and Derry
Fundraiser in Keene

Week of the 10th
Rallys in Nashua Derry and Keene
Speeches in Portsmouth and Hanover
Fundraisers in Manchester and Concord

Week of the 17th
Speech in Nashua Manchester and Concord
Fundraisers in Manchester and Keene
Endorsed by Senator Susan Collins of Maine

Week of the 24th
Rally in Augusta Bangor and Portland join apperances with Senator Collins
Rally in Tallahasse Orlando and Miami
Endorsed by Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Townhall in Detroit and Rally in East Lansing meeting with College groups of all affiliation
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »

Christie: Romney Ad is 'Complete Fiction'.

Oh yeah, it's an interesting little ad. I've faced $3 million dollars in attack ads from the Teachers Unions. As some of you have noticed I'm a big guy, and I can handle these ads.

It's more fiction from Governor Romney. It's complete fiction. If Mitt actually knew anything about New Jersey he'd know that we've done a hell of a lot.

We've passed a balanced budget, twice, without raising taxation. When the Democrats in the Assembly tried to put tax rise's into the Budget you know what I did- I told them, no chance in hell.

Heck if if there hasn't been any action in New Jersey why do you reckon the Teachers Unions are so pissed off at me? You know why they're pissed off; because I took on the unions, and I made them pay their fair share in pension payments. I lead the charge in fixing a pension system that was $121 Billion underfunded. Heck this was a bi-partisan fix we passed in Trenton.

I'd love Mitt to come down to New Jersey, and meet the 60,000 people we've helped get back to work. Come, and meet those folks, and tell them I don't deliver. I've only been a Governor for two years, and I've already done more to take on the status quo, to take on the vested interests, and to fix the real, problems in New Jersey, than Mitt ever did when he was Governor of Massachusetts.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »

Campaign Ad

Heartbeat

(Airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida.)

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »

Phil Bredesen 'False Change' Ad set to run in Iowa, New Hampshire, West Virginia,Zoom Kentucky, Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee, south Carolina and Florida

Zoom into a image of unemployment increasing

Under President Obama, the unemployment has increased by a significant margin

Zoom into an image of the National Debt barely going down

As a candidate in 2008, President Obama said he was going to end the National Debt, but the Debt has barely left where it was then.

Zoom into a now Republican controlled Congress

It was because of Obama's failed Presidency that the Republicans took control, halting any legislative capabilities that Congress has to the people.

Under Obama, America hasn't recovered from the 2007 crisis.

Zoom into a headline saying 'Bredesen reasonable with budget'

In Tennessee, however, Governor Bredesen had managed to keep control of the state without a state income and a sales tax.

Show an image of Tennessee prospering under Bredesen

During his Governorship, Bredesen helped the state of Tennessee to thrive without doing the things President Obama has either done or offered to do.

So, America, do you want False Change...

Show a clip of Obama talking about change in 2008 and show the image of Current America

Or real Change?

I'm Phil Bredesen and I endorse this message
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies